Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan (7279 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 8:09am On Dec 14, 2012
I’ll Perform Better In 2013 — Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, asked Nigerians to expect a more improved outing for the country in 2013, and said that by next year, his government was determined to bring desired changes on security, power, aviation and other areas of national life.

Speaking at the Presidential Christmas Carol held at the Banquet Hall of the presidential villa, Jonathan enjoined Nigerians to avoid the things that would lead to division of the country and embrace unity and peaceful co-existence.

The president said, “I urge Nigerians to, in the spirit of Christmas, embrace peace. The wars will not save us. Christ brought peace to free everybody. If we embrace peace, we will progress. We have challenges, but we have everything in place to overcome them.

“In the New Year, we will see the changes in the airports, seaports, power and security as we progress. Surely, 2013 will be a better year for the country”.

In his sermon, Bishop of Ogbia Diocese, James Oruwari who admonished Nigerians to eschew bitterness and love their enemies, added that God will manifest in the life of any believer who shows love to his neighours and forgives them.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/42568/2012/12/14/ill_perform_better_2013_jonathan.html

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by outrage: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2012
Why wait that long, 12' is still plenty remaining.. Fuel is scarce, start from there..

1 Like

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by geez1: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2012
Same thing you said this time last year
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Emusan(m): 8:33am On Dec 14, 2012
If you know the statement did not pleased you, go hug transformer. Is it when he said he wil not perform dat you people wil like

7 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by outrage: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2012
^^
Pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by k2039: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2012
My president doing what he knows how to do best, 'making promises'.

I'm surprised no committee was set up to the attainment of this promise of his'.

3 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 8:47am On Dec 14, 2012
2013 seems the appropriate time to assess and pass judgment on Jonathan's achievements if any, most of the government short and medium term intervention in all the sectors he mentioned ought to come to fruition by then.

Though the challenges are enormous, things can only get better...

1 Like

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Gbawe: 9:11am On Dec 14, 2012
k2039: My president doing what he knows how ro do best, 'making promises'.

I'm surprised no committe was set up to the attainment of this promise of his'.

Indeed. In fact, embarrassingly, Nigeria is the one of the very few Countries that springs to my mind, in this day and age, where an apprentice is put in charge of the workshop only for the people to then be expecting miracles. I am ashamed, as a frequent traveller throughout Africa, to note how Nigerians are badly lacking in political sophistication in comparison to others despite our noise.

GEJ will do nothing of note in 2013 simply because he does not have the intelligence, will, sincerity, ability, sagacity or morals to lead at the level he 'luckily' finds himself in. His situation is a damning indictment of the aberration Nigeria is whereby any charlatan can become President because issues remains about a few Oligarchs and "owners of Nigeria" protecting their loot and continued 'livelihood' while the majority go to blazes. The opposite is becoming the norm everywhere with issues revolving more around what is best for the masses.

We should stop fooling ourselves in Nigeria and note why other African Nations are making progress. They have simply stopped gambling with very important offices and are now playing safe going for proven performers with a verifiable history of solutions provision. We let wicked men like OBJ, Anenih et al package a total mediocrity for us only to then be expecting a miracle. I want to cry for Nigeria sometimes when I see, with my own eyes, what obtains in many African Countries we vacuously claim to be superior to with our "giant of Africa" delusions. African leaders are increasingly becoming very, very sophisticated because the bar is being raised in many Africa nations currently. Only the "giant of Africa" wants to remain bucking that trend with it's callous, myopic and greedy ruling class.

27 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Clerverly: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2012
“In the New Year, we will see the changes in the airports, seaports, power and security as we progress. Surely, 2013 will be a better year for the country”.
Through prophetic utterances
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Gbawe: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2012
Clerverly:
Through prophetic utterances

Abi. Arrant nonsense. More empty talk from a discredited and abject mediocrity ridiculously over-indulged by an unambitious and politically unsophisticated people.

5 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by floriana(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2012
As in you will perform better in bed in 2013? Thank goodness. That means we are likely to see PEJ pregnant again. 2013 the year, Oritsejafur start executing the prayer contract.

6 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Bolarge1(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2012
NA TODAY YANSH DEY BACK!

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by vicoloni(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2012
Perform better? How? Did you ever perform? hmmmmm
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Bolarge1(m): 9:32am On Dec 14, 2012
WELL GOD WILL HELP HIM IF HE PRAYS HARD AND WE PRAY FOR HIM.

1 Like

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Okijajuju1(m): 9:33am On Dec 14, 2012
I believe

2 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2012
Jonathan, you might be in dreamland, but don't think we are fools!!!

4 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2012
Emusan: If you know the statement did not pleased you, go hug transformer. Is it when he said he wil not perform dat you people wil like

Make transformer hug you

3 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by WebsiteDesigner: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2012
Let's wait and see.
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by rusher14: 9:46am On Dec 14, 2012
Talk true!!'
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by rasqman: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. In fact, embarrassingly, Nigeria is the one of the very few Countries that springs to my mind, in this day and age, where an apprentice is put in charge of the workshop only for the people to then be expecting miracles. I am ashamed, as a frequent traveller throughout Africa, to note how Nigerians are badly lacking in political sophistication in comparison to others despite our noise.

GEJ will do nothing of note in 2013 simply because he does not have the intelligence, will, sincerity, ability, sagacity or morals to lead at the level he 'luckily' finds himself in. His situation is a damning indictment of the aberration Nigeria is whereby any charlatan can become President because issues remains about a few Oligarchs and "owners of Nigeria" protecting their loot and continued 'livelihood' while the majority go to blazes. The opposite is becoming the norm everywhere with issues revolving more around what is best for the masses.

Gbam! You are so on-point!
We should stop fooling ourselves in Nigeria and note why other African Nations are making progress. They have simply stopped gambling with very important offices and are now playing safe going for proven performers with a verifiable history of solutions provision. We let wicked men like OBJ, Anenih et al package a total mediocrity for us only to then be expecting a miracle. I want to cry for Nigeria sometimes when I see, with my own eyes, what obtains in many African Countries we vacuously claim to be superior to with our "giant of Africa" delusions. African leaders are increasingly becoming very, very sophisticated because the bar is being raised in many Africa nations currently. Only the "giant of Africa" wants to remain bucking that trend with it's callous, myopic and greedy ruling class.
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by omicron(m): 9:47am On Dec 14, 2012
Who takes him seriously anymore?

3 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by dederocs(m): 9:48am On Dec 14, 2012
MR JONA,HISTORY WILL JUDGE YOU AS THE MOST CLUELESS,WEAK AND DUMBEST PRESIDENT THAT PDP FORCED ON NIGERIA...MAKE ALL THE MONEY YOU CAN WITH YOUR CRONIES COS THATS ALL U GOT.YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO NIGER DELTA.

7 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by outrage: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2012
WebsiteDesigner: Let's wait and see.
For how long are we going to keep waiting and seeing?

3 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 9:49am On Dec 14, 2012
Gbawe:

There's no gainsaying the fact that GEJ is at a crossroad of perception but hope you'll be magnanimous enough to give him some credit if he truly leaves up to his words...
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Yaya6: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2012
Maxymilliano: 2013 seems the appropriate time to assess and pass judgment on Jonathan's achievements if any, most of the government short and medium term intervention in all the sectors he mentioned ought to come to fruition by then.

Though the challenges are enormous, things can only get better...

The coming year will give us the chance to really know if the administration is performing at all cos a lot of balls had been set rolling in 2012, so lets see what the outcome will be in 2013.
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by k2039: 9:57am On Dec 14, 2012
Maxymilliano:
There's no gainsaying the fact that GEJ is at a crossroad of perception but hope you'll be magnanimous enough to give him some credit if he truly leaves up to his words...

Till then.

But based on statistics which in itself is based on his past record, I doubt if there really will be any surprises.

If he really wanted to do anything worthy of note, he should be working on his plans and not ranting to the whole public, infact with his rant it will only get worse for him, because he will be held accountable for his words.

Besides, all in all, it shows the masses have lost interest in their president, his words just dont count again.

1 Like

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by planetuzor(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2012
Believe It Or Not Garri; Gala;
Lacasera; n' Indomie has Saved
More Lives than Both UNICEF n'
Red Cross Combined

2 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by lacasa: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2012
We cnt just begin to see him working, Just Because its in a new calendar in "2013".

"Those who own the future prepare for it today" - Malcolm X

Ђδω can you say µя future will be better when you obviously haven't mapped or planned for it yesterday or today?? undecided

Is Goodluck Jonathan a Learner
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 14, 2012
It's so exciting to note that while the HATERS continue to HATE, Jonathan has continued to IMPRESS and DELIVER.

1) Nothing excites me more than the privatisation of PHCN that is almost being concluded by this govt. For me, this is the most important achievement of the GEJ administration. 24hrs power supply is around the corner. Some of us now see more days of 24hrs non-stop public power supply.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211250072.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/phcn-fg-shifts-ground-agrees-to-pay-off-54000-staff/

2) Another exciting transformation is the massive rehabilitation of the rail transport system. Only few days ago, it was reported that the Lagos-Kano rail line has been completed and tested, and ready to take-off 20th of this month.
This will add to the numerous other rail routes that have been rehabilitated and put to use including the Lagos-Illorin rail line and other intra-city railway services. Other corridors currently under serious construction include eastern corridor(Enugu-PH-north), Abuja-Kaduna(fast rail line), Itapke-Ajaokuta-Warri(fast rail line).
The implication of reviving the rail transport cannot be over-emphasised, including reduced cost of transportation, reduced price of food items, safer transport, longer life span of our roads,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/1000-commuters-move-by-train-to-ilorin/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sambo-rehabilitation-of-4000km-rail-lines-in-advanced-stages/126761/
http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-kano-mass-transit-train-service-begins-dec-20/

3) What about the massive re-building of 11 airports in Nigeria, including the one Enugu, Owerri, Benin,Lagos,etc The completed ones are simple beautiful to behold. When the 11 airports currently under re-construction are completed, reconstruction will begin immediately in the remaining 11 airports under FAAN. Also part of the aviation master plan of this govt is total over-haul of the institutions in the industry(done already), creationof a national carrier, building of aero-tropolis, building of 5 new international terminals in 5 airports, including Enugu. If thisis not transformation, tell me what it is.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087612/new-face-remodelled-benin-airport
http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/10/photo-speak-commissioning-of-remodelled-gat-mma-lagos.html
http://nigerianaviation./2012/09/26/upgraded-airport-terminals-at-enugu-and-port-harcourt/
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=95770:airports-remodelling-on-course&catid=32:business-travel&Itemid=563

4) The education sector has alsoreceived serious attention in terms of infrastructural upgrade. The federal unity schools are being rehabilitated in phases, Almajiri schools are being built to cater for the over 11million out of school children in the north, the higher institutions are recieving more funds than ever this time,etc Also important is the creation of 9 new federal universities in Ebonyi, Jigawa, Gombe, Ekiti, Bayelsa, Kogi,etc In fact, some ofthe brand new universities, including federal university Kashere, Gombe has commenced operation providing access to higher education for locals and employment.
http://prnigeria.com/2012/08/08/federal-university-kashere-holds-maiden-matriculation/
http://www.fulokoja.edu.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38
http://www.universitiesnews.com/2012/08/10/nigeria-fg-increases-funding-to-universities-others-by-over-40-percent/

5) Significant progress is being made in terms of road construction. In the last 1 to 2yrs, 11 inherited(most abandoned) road projects, were COMPLETED, including: Vom-Manchok road (Plateau State), Yola-Numan road (Adamawa State), Gombe Bye-pass (Gombe State), KadunaRefinery road (Kaduna State), Kano-Daura-Mai Adua road (Katsina State), Aba-Owerri road(Abia State), Onitsha-Owerri road (Anambra State) and Oyo-Ogbomosho road (Oyo State).
Massive work is ongoing in various other highways in the 6 geo-political zones, including ongoing dualisation of Abuja–Abaji–Lokoja Road, Kano–Potiskum–Maiduguri Road; the Benin–Ore–Shagamu Expressway; the Onitsha–EnuguExpressway; and the construction of the Loko–Oweto bridge( across River Benue), East-West road,etc
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/providing-motorable-road-for-nigerians-is-my-commitment/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/42461/2012/12/13/abujalokoja_road_ready_2014_minister.html
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/newsextra/60567-govt-to-complete-enugu-onitsha-expressway-soon.html
We expect ACTUAL construction of 2nd Niger bridge to commence in 2013.
Failure to build 2nd Niger Bridge is the ONLY thing that can make me stop supporting GEJ. Enugu-PH road is currently undergoing rehabilitation to make it motorable, pending when full re-construction will commence. Lagos-Ibadan expressway is currently recieving similar attention.

2 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Ice4jez(m): 10:02am On Dec 14, 2012
believe gudluck words who is a retardeen make u a retardeen also. i pity the people from south south cos ur brother is spoiling any chance of a president coming from dat zone.
Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Warlord3000(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2012
GEJ: I will perform better in 2013.

Me: abeg go sit down my friend, U̶̲̥̅̊ can't give what U̶̲̥̅̊ don't have jare...

*mtscheeeew*

2 Likes

Re: I'll Perform Better In 2013 - Jonathan by Mavrick2012: 10:07am On Dec 14, 2012
Lazy ppl wit procastinatin despositn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Guber Rerun: Ijaw Leaders Hold Secret Meeting, Set To Dump Wike / No Intelligence Report That Chibok Girls Are In Sambisa Forest - Air Force / Governor Seyi Makinde Pays Oyo Workers' Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.