Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,935 members, 7,952,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters (18313 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by onatisi(m): 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
fckmn24seg: Who is OKONJO IWEALA? is she a musician?
no she is a comedian

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by AdeniyiA(m): 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
GARRI (x7):
OK...
Sahara Reporters took their well deserved 1st position once again.. grin grin grin grin
guess they wack lots of garri
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by aforebby: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2012
She was released based on informatn tip i gave our security men..mama welcome se dey no beat u sha
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Slyp: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
dederocs: Am sure money have exchanged hands...trust Nigerian government,always looking for an easy way out.

Sure
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Slyp: 2:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Idokojimmy: The effors of the security agencies deserves Commendation. Thumbs up boys

For watin naa, they pay ramson niii
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ochukoccna: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
yuzedo: Day 1: NOI's mum kidnapped...
Day 2: Kidnappers demand $1b...
Day 3: GEJ requests N161b for "subsidy"...
Day 4: Request approved...
Day 5: Okonjo-Iweala's mum released... smiley

BASED ON A TRUE STORY......

IF this woman no resign, then she is in on this fiasco!
lolz

Yomieluv: All na wash,she wasn't kidnapped in the first place,all na to gain sympathy,and distract the public.
Dunno why I cant get the above scenerio off my chest
NOI says the oil cabal are after her
Yet the oil cabal members who have been exposed are PDP bigwigs&supporters who wine and dine with her boss or sons/associates of such people
And this are the people she insists is after her
Hmnn
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by andyanders: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
I thank God for her life and may she live to enjoy her children
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by matty1024: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=ayox2003]Now let's see if 'em GEJ goons will call Sahara reporters FAKE on this one.

OP, I'm sure Okonjo will now know what it means to have a legion of unemployed youths in a unsecured environment. If she's learnt her lesson, she will do something about it.

Is Okonjo Iweala the minister of employment? Always give meaningful point please.
Lets not concentrate on her alone, the govt need to wake up from their slumber.
The issue of unemployment need to be address fast, without creating jobs for the
unemployed, I strongly doubt if security or anything good will come. Talk from
now till the end of GEJ tenure, not good will come.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Akosbaba(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
*yawns*
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ubong560(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2012
To expect them to tell u dat ransom was paid is to deceiv urself woefully. If she was resued, dat would've sounded ok bt to say 'freed', my broda, i dont know who paid who bt there was a ransom paid to som1 or people. I can swear to dat. How would they free her just like dat? Wat hapens to all d money they've spent in buying akeke bread and lacasera 4 her 4 5days? Wat abt d cars they hired and fuelled in d operation? Thier efforts running alter skelter in d bush attracting wounds and danger themselvs nko? As an aged woman who can't defecate waste products from her body again unaided, wat hapens to all her sh.its d kidnappers pack as she de shit? Would all dos go unfruitful just like dat? Think well abeg! They've paid!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by lain: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Stallion77: A security source has just confirmed to Sahareporters that the kidnapped mother of Nigeria's finance minister, Professor Kamene Okonjo has been freed by security forces in Delta state.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/kidnapped-mother-nigerias-finance-minister-freed
.... this[/color][color=#990000] these politicians hmm may God help us
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Cupidkc(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sahara reporters always 1st to know...
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by ilogbe(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
Day1-Okonjo-Iweala's mom kidnapped.Day2-kidnappers request for $1b.Day3-GEJ request 4 161bn 4 subsidy.Day4- Its granted.Day5- mum released. Welcome to Nollywood grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Rastamann: 3:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
No money was paid to anybody.

who told you that?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by atuboweke(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
why all these noise again? even if they pay money how does that concern you guys. IF THEY KIDNAPP YOUR MAMA AND U CAN AFFORD TO PAY THE RASOM , WONT U PAY?!! GOD HAS PUT THE ENEMY TO SHAME, MOST OF U GUYS WERE EXPECTING TO HEAR THAT THEY KILLED HER BUT GOD HAS DEALT WITH U WICKED SOULS.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Gabrielsylar(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Rastamann:

who told you that?
he was the kidnapper....and he gat norring shame
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by buchibabe: 3:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
touch_me_hard: Yes they would. True Democracy beliefs in equality of all citizens.

Story
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by 1025: 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
selective justice and someone is telling me nigeria will progress. why is it that everybody don't get busy when other nigerians are kidnapped? how much of the tax payers'money was spent on this woman now? when those stealing our funds are kidnapped, it becomes a federal problem but when poor nigerians are kidnapped, u pay to police to make reports. it is a shame. joe, u are a proven failure.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by vican6(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
She was not freed by the police according to ait she was dropped by a motorcycle along kwale rd that means a lot of money has exchanged hands
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by thelastPope(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
ujem: hehehehehehe I laff in swahili the kidnappers don collect money they largesse you dey here Police they plait dada for your head with them gist say dem no drop moni

Most of you, especially those in diaspora know nothing about Nigeria. That is why you lot post crap on NL. You can't collect money from government as a kidnapper or group of kidnappers. Those who pay ransom are private persons. All through the Niger Delta struggle, they never kidnapped big government officials and there is a reason why. There are 2 people you cannot fight. God and the government. You can never win a fight against the government as an individual or small group of persons. Ask Odi! When I heard they kidnapped the ministers mum, I just laughed. Wrong move. If care is not taking, people will be shot and wasted for this case ust like that and you will never hear of it! That is how it works. It is the kidnappers that will fish out the culprit by themselves.

If armed robbers rob you of your possesion like laptop on Lagos Island for example, there are people you can go to and in 24 hours, you will have your stuff back, untouched. That is how it works. Ask any typical lagos island person, they will tell you. That is how it works all over Naija! That is why people believe that the BH issue is political. When MEND and others where running the ND, there were people who could still call them to order to some extent. That is how society works in Naija!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by modicum: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2012
Maleeq: Hmmmm, guys, there is a big conspiracy here. Follow me on this and see the light.

Firstly, NOI's mother was kidnapped and the kidnappers demand $1bn ransom. That NOI and GEJ are buddies isn't news. She doesn't have the ransom so she approaches GEJ. Days later, GEJ suddenly requests NGN161bn for subsidy for december offset.
The blackmarket rate of dollar to naira is about NGN161....Do the maths, its equal to the ransom figure of $1bn shocked
GEJ meets with senate last night, gets approval for the NGN161bn, and like magic, NOI's mum is released this morning!!

Who is fooling who? Who kidnapped NOI's mum? Those demanding the subsidy??

PS: I was not high when i figured that out o! grin

"Can these be mere coincidences?
* Day 1: Ngozi's mother was kidnapped

* Day 2: Kidnappers made contact and requested for $1billion to free her.

* Day 3: GEJ requested N161billion for supplementary budget. (19 days to end the year) $1b = N161billion

* Day 4: Senate approves $1billion for GEJ.

Day 5: Kidnappers released Ngozi's mother.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by tpapi: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
I said it,once d heat around dem bcoms too hot 4 dem,na dem go run leave grandma alone,don't mess wit nigerian army,they cud b rugged
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by obinnankumeh(m): 5:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
only God knows the amount of money that must have been exchange 4 her releasure and how it was transacted;funny enough it will never be mentioned exactly.Very soon the Police with cook-up/fabricate;what never transpired 2 their glory but if this issue,isn't seriously looked at,anybody can be a potential victim
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Wendy80(f): 5:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
A day after the senate approves the supplementary budget (for Oil subsidy) of $1billion, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's mother is released. Not forgetting the kidnappers requested for $1bn.....
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by tpia1: 6:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
layelaye yin, make una nor try am again o. undecided

know your level.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Okonjo Iweala kidnapped her own mother!

Okonjo Iweala should be under investigation!!!!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Benodasilva: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2012

jodeci: Our security forces can work if they are determined to do so.

This is a cheering news.

This is a cheering news.

This is a cheering news.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2012
modicum:

"Can these be mere coincidences?
* Day 1: Ngozi's mother was kidnapped

* Day 2: Kidnappers made contact and requested for $1billion to free her.

* Day 3: GEJ requested N161billion for supplementary budget. (19 days to end the year) $1b = N161billion

* Day 4: Senate approves $1billion for GEJ.

Day 5: Kidnappers released Ngozi's mother.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
andyanders: I thank God for her life and may she live to enjoy her children
She can't read your comments here, post it on her facebook wall, you never can say, she may give you a job..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by OgbuefiNegro: 7:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
Government criminals reimbursing private criminals for trampling on the law and cultural values.

Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by Revolva(m): 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
Dem go don pay jare notin una fit tell me
Re: Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Has Been Freed - SaharaReporters by crisycent: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
Some kidnappers just turned millionaires overnight......their kingdom has arrived this xmas!!! Who is next on the list?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Lawyers Warn Nnamdi Kanu On Governorship Polls, Write Obinao (pic) / Sirika Restructures NCAA, Sacks Directors / Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.