Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force (20836 Views)

US General Nominated To Counter-Terrorism In Nigeria, Others / Army Trains 439 Soldiers In Counter-Terrorism / Occupy Nigeria Gets Better As Pengassan Officially Joins: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Idokojimmy: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
One hundred and thirty cadets of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) have completed a special training on counter-terrorism to beef up the ongoing campaign against terrorism in the country.

The special force, drawn from the 60 Regular Course Cadets comprising of Army and Air force personnel, were assembled on 2 October for the 11 week training programme at the Counter Terrorist and Counter Insurgency Centre, Jaji, Kaduna.

Speaking at the graduation ceremony on Thursday, the Acting Commander, Nigerian Army Infantry Corps, Maj.-Gen. Kennet Osuji said the country’s contemporary security challenges informed the need for the course.

“It is apparent that these contemporary security challenges have highlighted grey areas in our doctrine on internal security and counter insurgency which need to be immediately addressed to enhance the overall operational efficiency of our nation’s security agencies.

“Experience has shown that fundamentalist activities are now characterised by acts of terrorism, insurgency, ethno-religious violence, political unrest and growing rank of criminal elements.

“The relevance of this course in current global asymmetric warfare cannot be over emphasised.

“I congratulate and commend you on your perseverance and commitment to join the ranks of the special forces in the Nigerian Military,” Osuji said.

He urged them to give a good account of themselves after spending such period in acquiring the basic tenets and skills on how to handle special operations.

Earlier, the Director of the centre, Brig.-Gen. Tijjani Golau said the graduates were subjected to rigorous special training on arms skill, map reading, house breaking/clearing, urban patrol, unarmed combat and rescue operations.

“Others include identification of terrorists and their dynamics, attacking terrorists’ camp, IED identification and disposal as well as post blast investigation,” he said.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/12/14/nigeria-gets-counter-terrorism-special-force/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PmNewsNigeria+%28PM+News+Nigeria%29
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Olanlere11: 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2012
Boko Haram in trouble.
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by mike404(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2012
Olanlere11: Boko Haram in trouble.
abegi make I hear word sadsadsad who tell ya say BUHARI men Sorry Boko boys nor dey among dem

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Mobinga: 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by tomakint: 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2012
Will they allow that to work for my Naija? No be tuday we don dey hear all these juicy stories, ***tomakint slams door and moves to his library for better things to do***
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Azubreezy(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
mike404:
abegi make I hear word sadsadsad who tell ya say BUHARI men Sorry Boko boys nor dey among dem
When will Nigerians learn to see the bright side of things? Una must always criticise! Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by playmode(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
Idokojimmy:
The special force, drawn from the 60 Regular Course Cadets comprising of Army and Air force personnel, were assembled on 2 October for the 11 week training programme at the Counter Terrorist and Counter Insurgency Centre, Jaji, Kaduna.

The above quotes says it all,expect a lot of innocent people to get killed in the next few months.
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2012
smh and lol.
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by 50calibre(m): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
Hahahaha! This is just too funny, counter-terrorist team in Nigeria? How will they gather intelligence? Do they have any gadgets? How will they power their operations without electricity? Where are CCTVs and other monitoring devices? Nigeria is just to undeveloped to have a real counter-terrorism team and anybody who know what it takes to run a counter-terrorism operation knows how funny this sounds.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2012
Bwahahahaha - can we see their kit?
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2012
I want to see the following:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by freakcin: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
I can't laff.
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 14, 2012
Nigeria can't mount serious and effective intelligence driven counter terrorism efforts within her borders without comprehensive database.

The collateral damage ll be too high.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by ashson: 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
That sounds interesting... smiley
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
We shall see
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by obicentlis: 6:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
First training should ve being Patriotism. 'For the love of Camelot' without this, it will be compromised by tribal and religious sentiments!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by 50calibre(m): 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
Prof Corruption: Nigeria can't mount serious and effective intelligence driven counter terrorism efforts within her borders without comprehensive database.

The collateral damage ll be too high.

You just summarized everything
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 14, 2012
I hope they won't be kitted like our policemen sha. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by tobiemichael(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
Too much 24 dey deceive dem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by lacasa: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
mike404:

Did i see Buhari in Ur commennt

Abeg replace it with Ndume, Bama or Gej since they are all PDP men

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2012
So the commandant of Nigerian Army Infantary Corps is an Igbo man? I pity for all u Igbo guys who are opening their mouth wipe to criticize GEJ govt cos these are some sensitive posts they will never smell someone from other parts of the country is President
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by sonyoung: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2012
wil GEJ allow them to kill them all?
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Hailedin9ja: 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
C.T.U now in place. More of Jack Baeur please...

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by greatdave(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
If jst 1 of them can be naija's 'Jack Bauer'...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by SisiKill1: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
Mobinga:

Bwahahahaha!! I remember when that happened!!

He wasn't the only one whose mouth was open. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by harmless011: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
kaorama: So the commandant of Nigerian Army Infantary Corps is an Igbo man? I pity for all u Igbo guys who are opening their mouth wipe to criticize GEJ govt cos these are some sensitive posts they will never smell someone from other parts of the country is President

wHAT iS tHE mEANING oF tHIS yOU jUST tYPED.
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2012
Imagine the Nigerian special forces looking like this - just imagine it... wink

God bless Nigeria... cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
I just found a picture of the Nigerian special forces... cool

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2010/04/vsnomu.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2012
^^^They need better kits and guns... sad
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by uwa1(m): 6:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
greatdave: If jst 1 of them can be naija's 'Jack Bauer'...

Correct. Den we can ve alittle hope in dem
Re: Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force by tellwsdom: 6:49pm On Dec 14, 2012
No be the same nda officers wey dey ask me one day as I was about entering the barrack ; ARE YOU GOIN ON THE BASE??...If I was going inside the based...hausa mugu..angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If I Resign, PDP Will Be Buried - Mu’azu; It's A Lie – Fayose / How Adoke Misled GEJ Into Withdrawing Assent To Amended Constitution– Ekweremadu / Ohanaeze Blasts Father Mbaka Over New Year prophecy About Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.