Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

What Has NYSC Done For You? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Has NYSC Done For You? (10839 Views)

Has Nysc Outlived It's Purpose??? / Has NYSC Batch B Been Cancelled? / Has Nysc Outlived Its Purpose ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by nas4q(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy:

@Op: Na lie abeg, you no school for UK

Your grammar get too many K-legs

You sure say no be Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nnewi you school?

chai! no be small grammatical misconstruction.
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Audinowing(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
lankspex: I finished my service in october,up till now nysc is still owing me 4 months allowance,if I were you I will think very well,before embarking on it
Am very sure that you had problem with your documentation. Nysc does not owe corpers except its a general problem. I advise you go and sort yourself out before its late. Had the same experience.
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Done for me, done for me. thinking

ok.

Since i've been traveling by air, i've never boarded the defaunct Bellview airline. I was posted to serve in the most terrorised state as of today. I had to Join bellview to the state. This also availed me the opportunity of visiting states that I've never been to. eg Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi and Yobe state (more than 5 years ago)

Also where i work presently is the same place i did my youth service. (honestly i don't think NYSC did this for me, cos i've never written an application letter all my life. All my jobs as from IT days had always been 'come tomorrow and start work'.) cheesy
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Les: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Kzinne: hello guys, new to dis forum, kindly inform me how i cud make a comment on dis forum
Which other comment u want again
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by churchillfrank(m): 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Life is all about experience. Life teaches u lesson u wnt learn in class.my brother just come down and do your youth service.God bless u
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by ignis: 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
lankspex: I finished my service in october,up till now nysc is still owing me 4 months allowance,if I were you I will think very well,before embarking on it
Pls don't discourage him, just because NYSC is owing you.
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
adele88: Hi all

I am graduate from the UK, I am due to come back home for NYSC. But I am sceptical of what it actually gives you apart from independence pride and a certificate.. I know all this is important but i am wanted to make money ASAP and I am wondering whether it is helpful in regards to finding jobs. I am not familiar with Nigeria apart from the family that lives there and the 7 time I have visited Lagos. I am hoping to create contacts out there...the overall question is, does NYSC help with getting jobs in London etc..

Any advice would be helpful

NYSC is useless
I skipped it thank God.
I was already far from Nigeria when I heard I was posted to Niger state to go and die of leprosy
Waka to all of them
They didn't see PH or Lagos or Abuja sef if I must be outside of Igboland na to post their grandmother to Niger state grin grin

Go and speak to the Okpokiri family whose son went to Bauchi to do NYSC after studying in London they received him back in a casket
Heed the words of a stranger and stay where you are

2 Likes

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by SlyIg(f): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
It has given my sibling a white paper to use and enter govt work. Just that!
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by moneyhungry(m): 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
segiwest: Sincerely, it doesn't get u a job outside tis country. If u hv political ambitions in 9ja, well, u must hv d cert.
It's fun though. I'm serving @ jigawa state but due 2 d weather ere I requestd 4 relocation 2 osun. (Pls if u can influence ur postin, pls do it ASAP).
Stayin back 9ja, u wuld gain a lot 4rm d scheme but outside 9ja, I doubt xcept contacts 4 biz purposes.

bad guy, so u also want to run away from jigawa. i will never 4get dose boring activities, d stress n d crazy tactics of surviving in camp... the multi purpose hall was my zone!!...
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by moneyhungry(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
Kzinne: hello guys, new to dis forum, kindly inform me how i cud make a comment on dis forum
this used to be funny.... its now dry. gtfoh.
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by romzey(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
If you are interested in d NYSC scheme, what you should think of first is the service you'll render to people, because the benefit or what you'll get is very little compare to what you will give out. For me, I was more fulfilled adding values to the kids I taught in the village where I served. Like others have said, if you don't intend to remain in this country after service, don't waste your time. But if you look beyond the money or connection, I'll advice you to do it. Hope you'll have an unforgettable experience.

1 Like

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Alixe(f): 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
In my own opinion, nysc is just like waste of 1year.

1 Like

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2012
Bla bla bla bla bla!!! angry angry angry angry

Why all of una dey lie give the guy naw? As if I didn't do NYSC.

OP, let me give you a quick breakdown of NYSC: First you will be posted to a state you never imagined you would ever visit (that is if you don't have a friend or relative to runz it for you). Then you will start going from bus park to bus park trying to inquire on how the hell to get there. Thereafter, you will make numerous phone calls and browsing to know all the things you will need to survive camp.

In camp you will experience hardship of unknown proportions (since you claim to be a UK guy) and some of these include filthy bathrooms, inedible camp chow, continuous sweating it out on the parade ground, soldiers that wake you by 5am not caring that you went to bed just 4 hours ago. Also being a UK guy (as you claim) i am sorry for you because you will fill forms manually and queue for allowee. No computerized anything tongue. If you are not sharp, you can be on the queue all day long.

After camp, you will be posted to one hinterland secondary school where even their principal doesn't understand a word of english. Also get ready to start eating local foods that you can never imagine in your wildest imagination. Also stay away from the female indigenes of the place you are posted to. They see NYSC males as a means to an exit from poverty and oblivion in which they live in. You better take a lot of antibiotics and condoms with you because you can't tell the manner of plagues that will befall you. Also beware of female corp members because most of them are looking for husband and once you (as a UK guy) impregnate them, na marriage and UK green card them don get o!

A word is enough for the wise. JUst make the best of your service year and stay safe. Also shine your eyes and get ready to run at the slightest hint of tribal or religious uprising in your location.

5 Likes

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by ZeusI: 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
Absolutely nothing! They constitute a bunch of complainers of unemployment and what-not...
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
babyosisi:

NYSC is useless
I skipped it thank God.
I was already far from Nigeria when I heard I was posted to Niger state to go and die of leprosy
Waka to all of them

They didn't see PH or Lagos or Abuja sef if I must be outside of Igboland na to post their grandmother to Niger state grin grin

Go and speak to the Okpokiri family whose son went to Bauchi to do NYSC after studying in London they received him back in a casket
Heed the words of a stranger and stay where you are

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chei!!! I don fall inside pot of hot okro soup grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by ZeusI: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: I finished servin october dis year. D service year is worth doin. U learn a whole lot about oda ppls culture,plus a lot of immunity cover dat u get. I gained all dis, more, and my national certificate.
If these are only what you gained from your service, then you failed woefully!
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by informatix: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2012

I am graduate from the UK, I am due to come back home for NYSC. But I am sceptical of what it actually gives you apart from independence pride and a certificate.. I know all this is important but i am wanted to make money ASAP and I am wondering whether it is helpful in regards to finding jobs. I am not familiar with Nigeria apart from the family that lives there and the 7 time I have visited Lagos. I am hoping to create contacts out there...the overall question is, does NYSC help with getting jobs in London etc..

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Basilona(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rich4god: One thing about NYSC is that.... If you do not accept where you are posted, you will never enjoy it nor get what you want. Serving as a corper have so many benefit only if you will accept where ever you were posted and face the challenges there. Its worth doing my dear brother.

Try and accept the fact that You could b blown apart by BOKO-harams
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by informatix: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2012

Does NYSC. Help in Getting Jobs in London?. grin grin grin Hahahaha i wonder how my funniest question of 2012 is coming this late. Allow them to get Job 4u. In Nigeria b4 u talk of London?.
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by shakkeyrah: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
nothing yet
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by duni04(m): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
grin

LMAO! Na wa o! Na so UK education bad reach. Hope they don't post u 2 any school sha, u'll just go and bomb our chiildren wit 'UK english'.
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by lion042(m): 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
NYSC gives u nothing than telling the soldiers to give u a hardcore training. U better stay there and enjoy urself ooo
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by flow1759: 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
pDude: Bla bla bla bla bla!!! angry angry angry angry

OP, let me give you a quick breakdown of NYSC: First you will be posted to a state you never imagined you would ever visit (that is if you don't have a friend or relative to runz it for you). Then you will start going from bus park to bus park trying to inquire on how the hell to get there. Thereafter, you will make numerous phone calls and browsing to know all the things you will need to survive camp.

In camp you will experience hardship of unknown proportions (since you claim to be a UK guy) and some of these include filthy bathrooms, inedible camp chow, continuous sweating it out on the parade ground, soldiers that wake you by 5am not caring that you went to bed just 4 hours ago. Also being a UK guy (as you claim) i am sorry for you because you will fill forms manually and queue for allowee. If you are not sharp, you can be on the queue all day long.

After camp, you will be posted to one hinterland secondary school where even their principal doesn't understand a word of english. Also get ready to start eating local foods that you can never imagine in your wildest imagination. Also stay away from the female indigenes of the place you are posted to. They see NYSC males as a means to an exit from poverty and oblivion in which they live in. You better take a lot of antibiotics and condoms with you because you can't tell the manner of plagues that will befall you. Also beware of female corp members because most of them are looking for husband and once you (as a UK guy) impregnate them, na marriage and UK green card them don get o!

A word is enough for the wise. JUst make the best of your service year and stay safe. Also shine your eyes and get ready to run at the slightest hint of tribal or religious uprising in your location.
Abeg make we hear word. NYSC is enjoyable. For God sake, u are to serve ur nation not ursef. And also contribute ur quota 2 d place u are posted to. IMO anybody dat doesn't enjoy NYSC is not been truthful or dat person just don't want to, because whenever i think of my NYSC days, am fill wit nostalgia. Mehn if it is not d BEST 1year of ur life, mehn na u no wan make d best out of am. FULLSTOP
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by flow1759: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
pDude: Bla bla bla bla bla!!! angry angry angry angry

In camp you will experience hardship of unknown proportions (since you claim to be a UK guy) and some of these include filthy bathrooms, inedible camp chow, continuous sweating it out on the parade ground, soldiers that wake you by 5am not caring that you went to bed just 4 hours ago. Also being a UK guy (as you claim) i am sorry for you because you will fill forms manually and queue for allowee. No computerized anything tongue. If you are not sharp, you can be on the queue all day long.

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
flow1759:
Abeg make we hear word. NYSC is enjoyable. For God sake, u are to serve ur nation not ursef. And also contribute ur quota 2 d place u are posted to. IMO anybody dat doesn't enjoy NYSC is not been truthful or dat person just don't want to, because whenever i think of my NYSC days, am fill wit nostalgia. Mehn if it is not d BEST 1year of ur life, mehn na u no wan make d best out of am. FULLSTOP

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

So NYSC was the best 1 year of your life? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Chai!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by toluene12: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by Sircuba: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
I pray u come naija n posted to mosquitoes barracks called camp with hot water n bromine n yeast as bread...u r lucky again to b posted in isiala ngwa lga in abia state...‘uk otondo‘ dat ur fresh uk body is soya...speakin from experience...
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by ojinku(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
Actually, you might not reap its fruits now, but later maybe when u want to take up any government appointment or enter into politics. It is advisable to do it bc u don't know tomorrow. For them to have not scrapped it since does not mean they are fools.

1 Like

Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by ednut1(m): 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
daspice2011: Lol. Where in Abia r Ɣΰ serving? I served there too. Ended this October.
ohuhu comunity sec skul, for one village at umuahia outskirts, light once a month, no beta food, cds far away, live inside d borin skul, due process/discliplin principal, d worst experience was d day camp ended, i slept at LGA corpas lodge with 16 oda guys in a filthy room like crayfish, b4 i use my 19800 go rent cheap hotel, nysc nice idea , wack implementation
Re: What Has NYSC Done For You? by donigspain(m): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
*What has NYSC done to (not for) me?
NYSC unimaginably flung me to Benue state; I bet y'all know what that means to a s.exually active guy, huh?sadsadsad
**CELIBACY MODE**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can NYSC Grant A Permit For A Wedding? / 10 Important Things All 2017 Batch A Stream II Should Make Available Now / Question For Foreign Trained Graduates/ Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.