Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! (10747 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney / Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by lacasa: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2012
It's expected.

angry
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Caseless: 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
And we are yet to see the "pothole-free december"

This man defines failure in his action....and action they say 'speaks louder than voice'....

No head to shake anymore......
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by ocelot2006(m): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
Key word: MAY[/size][size=8pt]
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Okimski(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
All we need in this country is prayers, there is no situation God cannot change
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by templeinyou(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2012
[i][/i]pls ascept that we all are at fult too.

imagine NLC organizing ppl to 4 stike bc of subsidy removal but, cannot also organize them too to strike 4 the salaries & allowances of the leader to be cut down. infact i'm waiting to see it.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Yacubes(m): 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2012
Cabals prayers just answered! Thank God.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by lorddannie: 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
bory09: why are you so fascinated about grave. Are you a grave company manager because i can't just know why you always use this in every illustration you f`uck out here
he needs to change his name to graveman, undertaker or necromancer or mummy
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by lorddannie: 7:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
bory09: why are you so fascinated about grave. Are you a grave company manager because i can't just know why you always use this in every illustration you f`uck out here
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by kemback2220003: 7:23pm On Dec 15, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]God save my country
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Olaone1: 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2012
undecided
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by UyiIredia(m): 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
This only goes to show how fraudulent the subsidy removal scheme was. And this stupid man is still asking for more subsidy money after slashing the subsidy. I smell a big rat !
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2012
Iolo:

Price fixing? IMF and most other agencies support full deregulation. GEJ wanted to and Nigerians backed by these criminal nlc people said No. So he's correct.

What do I know? Another cluelessness..

Remove subsidy, and let the price go from 65 not remove subsidy and have the price start from 141 simple! Go and gain some sophistication my friend.

Because anyone who supports Jonathan the way "SINCERE_9JERIAN" and pointB does must have been paid to do so and are supporting a corrupt regime. It's best to remind them of their graves.

Take note that I don't say same thing to all GEJ supporters. Just the beneficiaries of corruption. It's better to remind these people of their GRAVES when conscience is the only companion..
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by gregg2: 7:57pm On Dec 15, 2012
Funny how f.o.o.l.s here expect to eat their cake and have it.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Abrantie: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2012
wales: Oh Lord, please when will a true and sincere leader leads your beloved country? Why has it because a crime in Nigeria to built a refinery? Why is it that nothing seems to work? Why have we become the laughing stock of the international community? Its a shame and insult on us Nigerians that at this age in time, we still imports petroluem products. Something tells me nobody is in charge as…………… I rest my case!

Nigeria jagajaga, everyting scata scata! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by AK481(m): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by ebere1712: 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2012
The section of Nigeria that are relegating us to pre stone-age era is that one that would only come out whenever their little awoof civil service; unproductive systems of thievery have been let go; for a more reasonable, result-oriented systems. We know who those are. They can only be employed in civil service. They create no wealth, neither do they know the meaning of wealth creation. These are the people that we can all see now; whinning more than anyother people in the country. A people that depended on corrupt systems to survive. You guys should start doing some exercise, because you are only really employable in low skill manual labour. That is your faith.

1 Like

Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by WarriPikin1: 11:49pm On Dec 15, 2012
It does not make sense to be building more white elephant projects which merely serve as a good avenue for corruption.
The FG should intensively search for foreign investors to build refineries and sell fuel to Nigerians at competitive prices. Once such refineries by private investors are completed, the FG will stop paying any kobo for subsidy and allow the refineries determine fuel price. Just as the Fg withdrew from the telecommunications sector as soon as the private companies MTN and ECONET set up their masts.

1 Like

Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by GENTLETEE(m): 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2012
We have a very sick leadership! Their ailment include but not limited to corruption, kleptomania,lies, greed and insincerity!
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 16, 2012
Not building new refineries is a smart idea. Promising to build them in the 1st place was dumb. The current refineries should be sold to private companies. We need govt out of oil and gas sector- govt should be regulators only, not producers.

1 Like

Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 16, 2012
Warri _Pikin: It does not make sense to be building more white elephant projects which merely serve as a good avenue for corruption.
The FG should intensively search for foreign investors to build refineries and sell fuel to Nigerians at competitive prices. Once such refineries by private investors are completed, the FG will stop paying any kobo for subsidy and allow the refineries determine fuel price. Just as the Fg withdrew from the telecommunications sector as soon as the private companies MTN and ECONET set up their masts.

The fact remains that no intelligent company will put in or borrow funds to build refineries with the govt. price fixing (subsidy) currently in place.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by babaowo: 4:46am On Dec 16, 2012
when our so called men of god's(pastors & imams) receiving filthy gift from our thieves ruler's called leaders,and Nigerians still waiting for miracle to happen in the land until we stand up and say NO!!! to all this heart broken attitude of this oppurtunist rulers we have,Nigeria may remain Dsame forever,i pray not,we Nigerians,are the most cowards people on earth,instead of us to become one and face our common enemies,we let tribalism ruin us and our generations to come......
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Dec 16, 2012
bakila: They speak English, copy IMF and foriegn rules to a different setting. Well the kidnappers and Boko peeps have pointed out that your people are different if you dont take care of them they will take care of themselves.

Stop looking to blame others . . .you elected these monkies into office expecting them to perform magic for you. Accept responsibility darn it!
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by dmcdad: 5:52am On Dec 16, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Stop looking to blame others . . .you elected these monkies into office expecting them to perform magic for you. Accept responsibility darn it!
Lol...
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by ROCKJ1(m): 6:35am On Dec 16, 2012
God help Nigeria.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by texazzpete(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2012
PointB: Federal Government has no business ab initio building and managing refineries, they have one one the worst track records worldwide in this regards. The private sector and better equipped for such venture. If the subsidy regime continues to be a clog on the wheel of progress, Nigerians should support the effort to get rid of the waste. Subsidy of Petrol benefits mainly the rich, it must go!

Yes, pin it all on fuel subsidy.

Fuel Subsidy MUST STAY as long as this inept, inefficient and corrupt Government cannot provide affordable fuel for its citizens as befits their status as citizens of one of the top 10 oil producing nations. We consume fuel for both transportation and personal power generation...this is not helped by the usual massive traffic jams and poor power generation and distribution which is one of the legacies of this PDP led Government.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2012
texazzpete:

Yes, pin it all on fuel subsidy.

Fuel Subsidy MUST STAY as long as this inept, inefficient and corrupt Government cannot provide affordable fuel for its citizens as befits their status as citizens of one of the top 10 oil producing nations. We consume fuel for both transportation and personal power generation...this is not helped by the usual massive traffic jams and poor power generation and distribution which is one of the legacies of this PDP led Government.

Fuel subsidy should be removed once there's sufficient improvement in power, which should happen with the privatization of the power companies. The oil and gas industries needs to be unshackled. Why passing the PIB is being delayed is mind-boggling.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by DaLover(m): 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
0lumide:

What do I know? Another cluelessness..

Remove subsidy, and let the price go from 65 not remove subsidy and have the price start from 141 simple! Go and gain some sophistication my friend.

Because anyone who supports Jonathan the way "SINCERE_9JERIAN" and pointB does must have been paid to do so and are supporting a corrupt regime. It's best to remind them of their graves.

Take note that I don't say same thing to all GEJ supporters. Just the beneficiaries of corruption. It's better to remind these people of their GRAVES when conscience is the only companion..

I tot pole from SW have education? Why is logical deduction so difficult ? Why can't you see the lines between subsidy and corruption?
If there is no subsidy, then here will be no stealing of subsidy funds
If there is no subsidy then here will be private investments in the sector...leading to jobs, net exportation of refined products and overall improvement of the economy.
Sharpen up abeg

1 Like

Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2012
wales: Oh Lord, please when will a true and sincere leader leads your beloved country? Why has it because a crime in Nigeria to built a refinery? Why is it that nothing seems to work? Why have we become the laughing stock of the international community? Its a shame and insult on us Nigerians that at this age in time, we still imports petroluem products. Something tells me nobody is in charge as…………… I rest my case!
Keep on praying while opportunity passes you by. It's been said 'actions speak louder than words'. I always wonder why Nigerians hate to act!
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Abrantie: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2012
Warri _Pikin: It does not make sense to be building more white elephant projects which merely serve as a good avenue for corruption.
The FG should intensively search for foreign investors to build refineries and sell fuel to Nigerians at competitive prices.

Look am dey beg for foreign investors.

DON'T YOU GUYS HAVE ENOUGH MONEY

What ever happened to your so-called Nigerian ingenuity and productiveness? I guess that only comes into play when you're comparing your country to Ghana.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by queenbinteo: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
lorddannie: he needs to change his name to graveman, undertaker or necromancer or mummy
Very hilarious!! Can't stop laughing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mantu Never Rigged Elections For Us, PDP Replies APC / VP Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Gunmen Attack Imo INEC Office Kill One, Say ‘No Election In Biafra Land’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.