Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! (10746 Views)

Orubebe: FG Drops Bribery Charges Against Ex-Minister / Fg Drops Charges Against Cheney / Breaking News - FG Drops All Charges Against Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by blackbeau1(f): 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2012
I expected this.any project or policy that doesn't promote suffering amongst the masses in Nigeria can't be carried out.its simply unheard of
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by cash22(m): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
this should have transformed Nigeria the more if implemented
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2012
[quote
author=black_beau]I expected this.any project or policy that doesn't
promote suffering amongst the masses in Nigeria can't be carried out.its
simply unheard of [/quote] hahahahahahahaha !!! *Kisses her*
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by jpphilips(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
taharqa: Why did u give a fuller account of d Nigerien Downstream sector? Do you know hw much Niger Republic sell d fuel? Niger built a refinery with d help of d Chinese and it is working cos they run a deregulatd downstream sector. Deregulate Nigeria's downstream, and refineries wud flock Nigeria; dont deregulate, and expect any private investor to build refineries in yr dreams (Or so it seems)..... By d way, no where in d article did the govt say 'they hv abandond d building of d 3 refineries', dat came directly from d azz of d punch writer. My impressn is dat d projects are stalling cos d Private investors who are supposd to collaborate wit d govt on dis are developing cold feet..

if you sincerely believe that deregulation is the reason refineries are not built in this country, then you know nothing about the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
Re: FG Drops Planned Refinery Projects ! by jpphilips(m): 6:57am On Dec 21, 2012
DaLover:

I tot pole from SW have education? Why is logical deduction so difficult ? Why can't you see the lines between subsidy and corruption?
If there is no subsidy, then here will be no stealing of subsidy funds
If there is no subsidy then here will be private investments in the sector...leading to jobs, net exportation of refined products and overall improvement of the economy.
Sharpen up abeg

you are the one that needs to sharpen up. other sectors where money is stolen, do they have subsidies?? how can you believe that subsidy makes money available to be stolen??

when you say price fixing is the reason investors are not comming in, then your ignorance is inimitable.

are you aware that if the govt does the right thing that locally produced pms be it from investors or govt will be cheaper than 97naira??

are you not also aware that the fixed price has already given the investor a profit margin??

are you also aware that products from eleme refinery (which is locally produced is subsidized?).

there are loads of ish you dont know so,if i were you, i will keep shut till i get my facts straight.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Oshiomole Orders Investigation Into Death Of Hotel Staff In Police Custody / Free El-zakzaky, Nnamdi Kanu, Others – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Osinbajo / Senator Lawal Shuaibu To APC NWC: You Lack Powers To Investigate, Punish Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.