Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? (13345 Views)

***I Just Had My First Kiss In 2016 *** Boo's Lips Is So Succulent.. PIX / Do Nigerian Couples Kiss In Public?? / Should Parents Choose Partners For Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 7:28am On Dec 15, 2012
It amazes me to know that some parents do this.
Is this right?
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by KateSpade(f): 7:31am On Dec 15, 2012
why would that be an issue. Its a kiss, not sex. children should have health attitudes towards what a marriage should be and proper affection.

7 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by jhydebaba(m): 7:35am On Dec 15, 2012
A peck would be better not kiss.

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2012
KateSpade: why would that be an issue. Its a kiss, not sex. children should have health attitudes towards what a marriage should be and proper affection.
Do you know children of this generation are very smart?
They‘ll practise what they see you do in one way or the other.
Worst case scenario is if it is done amongst siblings.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by omotola1(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2012
No! No!! No!!!
Don‘t teach children bad things.
You may think they are children, but their senses are as active as yours too.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Adaeze003(f): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2012
Lol! Like they dont see it on tv(even in cartoons). Peck on the lip is fine but a french kiss will just gross em out like eew..

9 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by KateSpade(f): 8:01am On Dec 15, 2012
Adaeze003: Lol! Like they dont see it on tv(even in cartoons). Peck on the lip is fine but a french kiss will just gross em out like eew..

exactly
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by djeezy(m): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2012
Train up a children well and kissing in front of them would not have any bad effect on them but a simple perk would be preferable if you still think it will impair them.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by k2039: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2012
It depends on their age, a parent can kiss in front of children above age 18 years also children below age 3.

If I catch my parent kissing, I will just give them a thumb up.

My point, for small kids, kissing shouldnt be tolerated, the kids will think it's the right thing to do.

For youths like us, yes they can kiss, atleast it gives us the impression they still love each other and also that they are still romantic to each other.

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by greatgod2012(f): 8:33am On Dec 15, 2012
I think perking is ok, even better when d children are there, it helps to show that d home is healthy, safe and lovely to them. I and hubby use perking to welcome each other, greet each other in d house, d day i just say, "welcome honey" without accompanying it with a perk, my son will later come to ask me "mum, d other time dad came around, u didnt perk him, are u fighting?", since then, even if we are having a disagreement, we will pretend and perk for d sake of d kids, and it has been of great help to us, anytime there is disagreement, we dont have choice than to quickly resolve our disagreement before d kids start to suspect.

9 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2012
djeezy: Train up a children well and kissing in front of them would not have any bad effect on them but a simple perk would be preferable if you still think it will impair them.
I disagree with the bolded.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by freecocoa(f): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2012
My parents were the first people I ever saw kiss, it wasn't french kiss with tongue and saliva though, they used to kiss lightly in our presence and we(my siblings and I) turned out alright as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 15, 2012
I fully intend to, sorry kids.

4 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2012
freecocoa: My parents were the first people I ever saw kiss, it wasn't french kiss with tongue and saliva though, they used to kiss lightly in our presence and we(my siblings and I) turned out alright as far as I can tell.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by 190theclown: 10:21am On Dec 15, 2012
Flytefalls: I fully intend to, sorry kids.

cool cool
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2012
I see nothing wrong with a light kiss on the lips or a peck...in fact,it promotes affection and harmony the same way fighting and arguing in front of ur kids promotes discord and disaffection.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by fleyboy02: 10:56am On Dec 15, 2012
binger: I see nothing wrong with a light kiss on the lips or a peck...in fact,it promotes affection and harmony the same way fighting and arguing in front of ur kids promotes discord and disaffection.
true talk cool
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by UjSizzle(f): 10:59am On Dec 15, 2012
What difference does it make when they watch it on tv and see people do it in public?

If you keep thinking everything your childrent see is going to affect them negatively, then you might wanna consider locking them up in a box.

3 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by omotola1(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2012
What they see on TV might not influence them as much as what they see their parents do.
Parents are the first direct role models of children.
Kids learn fast from parents.
That‘s why parents must be very careful and mindful of whatever they do in the presence of their kids.

2 Likes

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2012
uj_sizzle: What difference does it make when they watch it on tv and see people do it in public?

If you keep thinking everything your childrent see is going to affect them negatively, then you might wanna consider locking them up in a box.
Hmmmmm...
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by djeezy(m): 11:11am On Dec 15, 2012
OCTAVO:
I disagree with the bolded.
Why do you disagree?
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by UjSizzle(f): 11:14am On Dec 15, 2012
omotola1: What they see on TV might not influence them as much as what they see their parents do.
That‘s why parents must be very careful and mindful of whatever they do in the presence of their kids.
they learn from both parents and society. I never saw my parents kiss in my presence, i saw it on tv and was eager enough to practise it...you can't rule out the media.
I think it depends to a large extent on their sense of morality; 'Kissing is good but not until you're older'
'you shouldn't take beer till u are 18+' etc.

If you don't teach them right then i suppose letting them watch action flicks, American thrillers and buying them toy guns should turn them to serial killers.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by ichidodo: 11:15am On Dec 15, 2012
yuck!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 15, 2012
yes, yes, yes!

teach them that married couples show each other love this way.

you don't have to kiss like you're about to be intimate but nothing wrong with exchanging sweet kisses.

*love is in the air*

*sighs*

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 15, 2012
uj_sizzle:
they learn from both parents and society. I never saw my parents kiss in my presence, i saw it on tv and was eager enough to practise it...you can't rule out the media.
I think it depends to a large extent on their sense of morality; 'Kissing is good but not until you're older'

If you don't teach them right then i suppose letting them watch action flicks, American thrillers and buying them toy guns should turn them to serial killers.

good answer.

apart from that, what's wrong with teaching them that married couples show each other love this way? shocked

I saw my parents kissing as a child and I liked the atmosphere of love in the house. It didn't make me kiss my siblings or other children, though. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 11:43am On Dec 15, 2012
omotola1: What they see on TV might not influence them as much as what they see their parents do.
On point!
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by OCTAVO: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2012
djeezy: Why do you disagree?
It doesn‘t end at just training your child alone.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by omotola1(m): 11:57am On Dec 15, 2012
uj_sizzle:
they learn from both parents and society. I never saw my parents kiss in my presence, i saw it on tv and was eager enough to practise it... you can't rule out the media.

I never ruled out the media.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2012
carefreewannabe:

good answer.

apart from that, what's wrong with teaching them that married couples show each other love this way? shocked

I saw my parents kissing as a child and I liked the atmosphere of love in the house. It didn't make me kiss my siblings or other children, though. lipsrsealed
My point exactly...it creates an arena for harmony,peace and brotherly love to reign.

1 Like

Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by DukeNija(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2012
Adaeze003: Lol! Like they dont see it on tv(even in cartoons). Peck on the lip is fine but a french kiss will just gross em out like eew..

Now this got me Rotflmao..
eew
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2012
[quote
author=Adaeze003]Lol! Like they dont see it on tv(even in cartoons).
Peck on the lip is fine but a french kiss will just gross em out like
eew..[/quote] hahahahahaha ! Yes you're right.
Re: Should Parents Kiss In Front Of Children? by paranorman(m): 2:38pm On Dec 15, 2012
Kids Less than 12,nope. Kids more than 12,only a peck. For the 18 above....like they care about it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

In Percent, How Much Do You Trust Your Partner? / All Men Cheat, Agree Or Disagree? Then Disprove Me! / But Why Do Nigerian Girls Like This Kind Of Thing (PHOTOS PG18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.