Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results (3574 Views)

3 Nigeria U-17 Players Fail MRI Age-Test Scans / 18 Under-17 Eaglets Fail MRI Test / NFF Spent N2 Million On MRI Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2009
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8259652.stm

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) says it will not accept the Fifa-approved MRI bone scans to determine the ages of players due to take part in the Under-17 World Cup.

In a move likely to raise more questions than it answers, the NFF president Sani Lulu rejected the use of MRI scans, saying they are "not in the rules and regulations of the tournament."

Lulu's comments come just weeks after the NFF dropped 15 players from their Under-17 squad after they failed the age-tests conducted.

Nigeria conducted MRI scans in a move seen as a pre-emptive strike at Fifa's requirement for all players to be age-tested during the tournament to be held in October in Nigeria.

But barely four weeks after the revelation, Sani Lulu has rejected criticism surrounding the tests, insisting he w ill not accept the MRI results.

"I've always maintained that I'll not use the MRI to disqualify my players because it's not in the rules and regulations of this tournament," Lulu told a local radio station in Lagos.

But his comments have irked Sports Minister Sani Ndanusa who has rejected calls to invite the parents of the national under-17 players to verify their sons' ages.

"We will not deviate from Fifa's requirement in terms of ascertaining players' true ages," a visibly angry Ndanusa told journalists in Abuja.

"The whole world has gone digital and we're following suit. We're no longer in the analogue era.

"Fifa wants MRI scans used and we're going to adhere to that, simple."

The spat between Lulu and Ndanusa has generated heated debate in Nigeria, with fans and the media calling for the sacking of top NFF officials.

Accusations of age cheating have blighted Nigeria's success at international age group tournaments in recent years.

The Golden Eaglets have won the Fifa Under-17 World Cup three times - 1985, 1993 and 2007.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by Ibime(m): 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2009
Lulu is a national embarassment
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2009
what do you expect from our officials?no be police commissioner whey dey talk say ribadu no enter naija grin
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by otukpo(f): 1:41pm On Sep 18, 2009
He wants their moma's to come and testify the ages of the sons.

What a joke.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by koolchicco: 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
oyb:

what do you expect from our officials?no be police commissioner whey dey talk say ribadu no enter naija grin

Imagine.Holy Cows!!!
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by otukpo(f): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
or Lulu can opt for Sworn affidavit from Nigerian courts or Registration of birth form their LG's.

Where is this Lulu from sef?
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by chosen04(f): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
LULU deserves a national award. He is fighting for our common(national) interest.

I think MONE==Member Order of National Embarassment===== will be thick
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by villous(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
NuNU or lulu that aboki has nothing on is skull is just carrying a cow idea to lead our football into the drain
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by Nezan(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
What a country . . . . . . . ?
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by villous(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
otukpo please help this guy to look for there Scan report when they are still in the womb.
Crazy Nigeria leader with dumb way of thinking
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by segzicres(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2009
they all need to scan their brains to see the size of their brains.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by rasputinn(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2009
No doubt,we are the world record holders at making ourselves into the laughing stock of the international community
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by rasputinn(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
segzi cres:

they all need to scan their brains to see the size of their brains.

grin grin grin grin

They won't even accept the results too
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by candylips(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2009
illiterate mallam
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by matinado(m): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
Nezan:

What a country . . . . . . . ?
MUMU FRAUD YOU NO SABI [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]grin grin grin grin
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by sherrylo: 2:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
Sani Lulu has a problem!I remember him saying we are already in South Africa after the Nigeria/Tunisia match played in Tunisia.

He will refuse the MRI scan afterall Aboki no dey go digital
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by ahfo(m): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2009
mumu or is it lulu is deceiving himself by not accepting the report even if a blind man should hold those guys he will know dat there are older than 17 years of age.do you people notice dat it only the under 17 player of nigeria dat scrape their hair had body before the competition.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by Lasun(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2009
In as much as I do not agree with Sani Lulu,I quite disagree with all of you flying the ehtnic card.Why cant we just talk about the issue and leave what ethnicity the man came from alone.Come to think of it,the Ndanusa that disagreed with him is also from the north.

Our lost to Tunisia has been collectively blamed on the players and the coaches,no one is talking about where Amodu comes from abi Edo people mumu too.

The point am making is let's deal with the issue and stop flying this ethnic card.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by EchuaA: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2009
Pls tell this Lulu not 2 wash our dirty linens outside. He thinks it's Nigeria affair where u can manipulate results and roles. Sory His Brain is expired. he needs to be sacked, tried and jailed for his actions. Oga LULU or MUMU I beg ur MAGU MAGU don do. cry
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by EchuaA: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2009
Lasun, I beg mak Nlders vent their anger. If his people ar touch let them change their reps in NFF atleast from brainless NUNU, MUMU, or LULU to some brain then our football management will change completely.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by cyriluzo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kai!, I can't believe the kind of comments coming out of our top government officials in the last few weeks. First it was Aaondooka(however they spell his name), then the IG and now Lulu.

Na wao!
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by vanitty: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2009
Ofcourse they will reject it.
They have to save face now.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by bawomolo(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2009
instead of complaining about a sony advertisment, these are the clowns making you look bad.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by Mobinga: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2009
embarassed how awful
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by cenaboy(m): 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2009
This man is a Malam so what do u expect He don't know what he is doing Ple if this country i not doing tribalism ple take him away b/f he tarnish the last image we have Or--------??[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by semid4lyfe(m): 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2009
Serious misyarning by Lulu.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by dinggle: 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2009
these people are disgracing us, Fifa, Lulu does not speak for the majority of Nigerians, pls scan LULU as well. How could he opt for a sworn affidavit, when he knows we have a failed judicial system that can not stand for the rule of law? Fi
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by candylips(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2009
funny people
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by lawrence83: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
Surely he wont! cos he wants all his Over-aged candidate to make the list!
Useless man.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by Dave6: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
Nigeria just pack some old people wey they behave like
Everybody know say the players you pack pass the age, wetin e still dey argue?

I don't know which kind f**ked up business they think say they dey do. Allow young players that can play better to represent the country.

When some illitrates for this country carry small money for pocket, they go dey feel like mafia. Wawas!
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2009
It would seem SIASIA is confident that his players won't fail the MRI scan. he claims his players are 'Passport Proof'. The age on their passports cannot be disputed

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/Football/5446845-147/Flying_Eagles_ready_for_MRI_Scan-Siasia.csp

By Ifeanyi Ibeh

August 20, 2009 11:44PMT

Flying Eagles handler Samson Siasia is confident about his players' chances of passing any age verification test that may be used to ascertain the age of players at this year's FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt. Even if it's the Magnetic Resonance Imaging scan.

The MRI scan, when applied on the bone, usually around the wrist area, can to a high degree of certainty work out the age of a player and is set to be used at the U-17 World Cup scheduled for Nigeria between October 24 and November 15, 2009.

World football's governing body, FIFA, has not come out to declare whether the procedure that has been carried out to a smaller extent on players at the last three U-17 World Cups will be used for the tournament in Egypt but Siasia is not in the least bothered as he has declared that every player who eventually makes it into the national side ahead of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt will be within the stipulated age bracket.

Passport proof

"I have not heard whether anything like that will be performed on players in Egypt," said Siasia in an interview with NEXT Sports yesterday. "But I am not bothered because the players I have in my team all fall within the age bracket.

"The ages on their passports make all of them eligible for the World Cup and I have no reason to doubt that as I wasn't present when they were born.

"They all play for their clubs, in Nigeria and abroad, and their ages have never been questioned. A lot of them have also represented the country at international competitions and their records are with FIFA so we have no reason to be bothered."

Departure date

The Flying Eagles were earlier scheduled to leave for Spain yesterday but will now depart next week to finalise their preparations for the World Cup which gets underway on September 24 in Cairo.

While in Spain, Malaga to be precise, the Flying Eagles will play series of friendly matches with local club sides which will be used by the team's coaching crew in selecting the final list of players for the World Cup.

"Hopefully, we will depart for Spain on Tuesday or Wednesday to commence our final preparations for the World Cup," continued the former Super Eagles striker, who may use the opportunity of the team's trip to check on the Venezuelans who will also be training in Spain around the same period as the Flying Eagles.

The Flying Eagles are grouped along with Spain, Venezuela and Tahiti in the junior World Cup.
Re: Nff Rejects Fifa Mri Scan Results by PAININASS: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
Kudos to Lulu,although we are using over aged players but even if we are using 17yrs old player,i don't think the Mri test can work for africans because you can't compare the bone of 17yrs old Oyinbo kids to 17yrs old Pako kids

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Messi Could Face Up To Six Years In Prison. / ** 3 - 5odds Tips Corner ** No Chance To Lose / #MoreThanAGame: If This Picture Doesn't Break Your Heart Nothing Else Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.