Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

How Much Is A Woman Worth? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Is A Woman Worth? (3987 Views)

The Best And Worst Places To Be A Woman / What's A Woman's Duty In Marriage? / Can A Man With Ac Genotype Marry A Woman With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by creamdream: 11:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
1.5 million
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 21, 2008
Chacal:

I don't really think the number of items matter. . . . Its the value of it that counts.

In Nwando's list, i saw Ovaltine, Snails, Body cream, soap and reh reh reh.
This can't be more than 10 pounds. . . . Igbo boys should step up and HELP these overripe spinsters. grin grin grin

Ekpeye babes should start migrating to Lagos to help themselves.
I am sure there are overripe brothers waiting to get hitched as well.

rofl.
wait until you start buyng those things.
your wife to be may come from the ones that require you to build a house for them.
Remember the entertainment money for guests at the different levels of the traditional marriage is not even included yet.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 21, 2008
stillwater:

Is it a must this people must be in your wedding ? All this imaginary people you've never seen in your life want to come and play tradition. hmmmh let me watch and see.

my dear it's not easy o.

one's grandma and grandpa or even parents that live in the village may have benefitted from a share of the nama when other peoples daughters were married,how can they now come and ask for a shortened list when it's the turn of others to enjoy.

Traditions are not that busy to break.
I pity the men cry
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by spoilt(f): 1:09am On Feb 21, 2008
i was 'sold' for N30.  grin
my dad actually quarrelled with the people who brought 'the list' from the village.
they didnt donate one pencil in my training or schooling then they surface to up the price for
a young, beautiful graduate who is based abroad! funny!  grin grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 21, 2008
ROFL, at least your father tried.
me I was practically dashed away to my husband dowry-wise
but the laces and george wrappers and a few goats and chickens and bags of rice and things for umuada
they are standard in my place.
Those are non negotiable.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by spoilt(f): 1:38am On Feb 21, 2008
hehehe.
the villagers stayed dry mouthed oh! which kind list. grin My husband definitely got a good deal.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by efuah(f): 10:44am On Feb 21, 2008
The cost of one brand new lemo. . . . cool
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Gamine(f): 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Efuah
a brand new Lemon? shocked

you must be pretty cheap embarassed
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by emiemi(f): 5:53pm On Feb 21, 2008
A woman's worth, hmmm invaluable. No amount has the weight enough to equate the worth. cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2008
emiemi:

A woman's worth, hmmm invaluable. No amount has the weight enough to equate the worth. cheesy cheesy
God bless you,sis.  kiss
funny enough,no igbo man has come here to complain so  undecided
i say,the firewood in every community gets their food done for them.  kiss
am yet to see a marriage been stopped/boycotted because the umunna didnt come .its between the parties concerned,if you want to spend,good ,you don't want to spend,fine cool
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2008
@ Ifyalways,

U didn't tell me this last night, did ya?
Ok. . . . .guesstimate how much it will cost without the so called gluttonic umunna? cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2008
@chacal without the umunna,you said tongue
bride price --N56 naira maximum
N36 naira minimum
drinks and food N10K
kolanuts and Palmmy N2K
miscellaneous N5k
go figure grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by 4Him(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2008
ifyalways that comes down to N17092.00 only.

Quite cheap . . . is this how much it costs to marry an igbo woman? Without the greedy ummuna of course?
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2008
@ Ifalways,

Your king should be commended for keeping the price this low.
I am going to start by buying him a SUV. . . . . How does that sound? grin grin grin
Whats this village called so i can tell me mates over here to descend on the area like the 10 plagues of Egypt.
I hope u dont get caught in the plague cos these boys are really up for it. cheesy grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2008
@4him,i cant speak for others.talking abt myself here  tongue

@chacal,awwwwww you are so generous. kiss the village again?we'v gone tru that b4 nah
yeah,i have been already taken,trust fast guys that want cheap brides cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2008
@ Ifyalways,

No problemo.
Ma mates are happy as long as there are pretty spinsters crawling everywhere in the village.
Heard the palm wine in the village is undiluted. . . . . .I cant wait. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 9:02pm On Feb 21, 2008
@chacal good then.
ever heard of the up-wine? heyyy lets not even go into delicacies as you wud be spoilt silly.
jumping chicken cheesy is the all time favorite.am sure you wud like it.
all for the discount price of N56 naira. ole like you !
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2008
Jumping chicken? Up-wine?
No wonder an average Ibo man has a pot-belly. grin grin grin
I will stick to the Palm wine. . . . . . It tastes really good.
Lest i forget. . . . . . add bush meat too. wink
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2008
your wish is their command as long as there wud be some sort of £ changing hands.
i think you should still try out the jumping chicken and up wine. cheesy
Palmmy isnt the real wine,the undiluted pure igbo wine used during T weddings is up -wine,the king of wines.
get your taste buds ready dude,ofe onugbo,ofe owere,ofe nsala,ofe achara kiss is on the menu too.yeah, with bush meat and more.
cant wait to see you on the other side of lyfe where brides are free. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2008
This is paradise on earth!!!!!

Good wine, nice food, countless women.
At this rate, ur IGWE will be forced to drive me out of the village cos i will COMMIT. cheesy cheesy
I am thinking of spending ma next vacation in ur village with 5 of me mates.
The outcome of the trip will determine a lot about getting married in Abia State.
Nice idea, innit?

Errrr, whats the punishment for defiling overripe spinsters in ur village? cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 9:52pm On Feb 21, 2008
point of correction,there are no over ripe spinsters around there.not with the give away price tag  cheesy
my king is a lenient man,for every virgin you defile,you do this:
                                                       20 cowries
                                                       20 10 kobo coins
                                                       10 5 Kobo coins
                                                     a pregnant lizard
                                                    a snake on heat.   kiss
i have to go now and get the ground ready for ya coming.the huts have to be scrubbed and the roofs thatched.i have to see to that.welcomeeeeeeeeeeeee to igboland  grin
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your king is a star.
He should join a political party ASAP.
I can deal with the pregnant lizard but a snake on HEAT?
What kind of snakes are we talking about? Black mamba or a King cobra? cry cry cry
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2008
. . . .No,we can only accept the Aro Rattle snake and luckily for you,its obtainable in our evil forest. cheesy grin tongue
we make things easy !
My king is a political advicer already.a political advicer to his excellency cheesy
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2008
Rattle snake? Evil forest?
I thunk this was gonna be a stroll in the park. . . . . . .This is turning into ALL THAT GLITTERS AINT BLINGZ. cheesy grin
No problemo. . . . I am sure the locals know where one can get those stuffs with a wad of cash.
Bring it on.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by ifyalways(f): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2008
which locals you are kidding rite cheesy
if you are man eunf to phock as many babes as you can,then visiting the evil forest wudnt pose any stress to you. cheesy the locals cant help you am sorry.
One more thing,b4 you leave with the bride,there wud be a wrestling contest with the village champion.if you lose,you lose tha bride + ya £ ,infact thats the most important part of the ceremony. think abt it oooooh ye lover of cheap things. tongue
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Chacal: 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2008
@ Ifyalways,

Tradiitonal wrestling?
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyum. . . . . . . . This is getting dangerous.
Anyways, i will start bench-pressing 200 pounds so i can keep fit.
I am confident i can take on the local champion in a head lock . . . . . . That wont be a problem.
Honestly, marrying a bride in ur village is a huge task.
Tssssk. . . . . . . tsssssk.
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2008
One more thing,before you leave with the bride,there would be a wrestling contest with the village champion.if you lose,you lose tha bride + ya £ ,infact thats the most important part of the ceremony. think about it oooooh ye lover of cheap things.

Lmao
Re: How Much Is A Woman Worth? by bolafex(f): 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
I honestly think this dowry of a thing is outdated;A woman is worth more than all the money and cows in this world-she is priceless and that"s how it is in my family-no bride price.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Thing Must Go For 350k!!! Family Is Relocating / Does / What Is This World Turning Into? (baby Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.