Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (19305 Views)

Ten Ways To Marry The Wrong Person / Skinny, Hourglass, Curvy Or Phat Ladies! Which Do Nigerians Prefer? (with Pics) / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chronique(m): 11:18pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kzinne: u married a rich guy yet just last month u posted a topic where u were looking for a self contain to rent in yaba. na wa for u oh

Lol. Kai!!! Nairaland!!!! Una nor go kill person here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Sweetlemon(f): 11:20pm On Dec 25, 2012
What some of you guys here don't realize is that not all women esp the ones above 32 yrs (and under pressure to marry) who married poor men, married them for true love. It's called settling for any ANY man. A decision most of them later regreted after realizing he had no goals or ambition. Same way ladies shouldn't get too mushy when broke guys are all over them cos some of them are suffering from low self esteem and are just trying to prove to themselves (and others) that they are capable of having a woman like any other normal man. That's the sad truth of life.
So not-so-financially- strong men let me advice you all, the next time a 30 something year old lady showers you with love, pls don't get too excited. Watch well and you may smell some desperation.
Instead of looking for a lady to love you as a poor man, look for how to develop yourselves instead. Develop an undying drive to succeed. Same with ladies too. No matter your background, work hard to develop yourself and your personality, skills and acquire some measure of independence.
Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freecocoa(f): 11:23pm On Dec 25, 2012
Okay now I'm jealous of how everybody is hugging,kissing and liking vivi's post.

I'm from a very very humble family, inshort we got nicknamed "the humbles" by our village people.

Oya make una like my post too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2012
chronique:

I HOPE YOU KNOW YOU HAVEN'T COMMUNICATED ANYTHING TO "MOST" PEOPLE HERE... HOW ON EARTH DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND "XO" "OLXO"? THIS IS GROSS!!!
geez u 2...so u dunt knw dah *xo* is *so* n same goes for *alxo* na wa o....itz nt lyk 'm usin d difficult ones...these r simple shorthands...evn though u r not good in them u ought 2 know wat they r in regards 2 wat 'm writing...its gud 2 know that some people undastand shorthand hia...anyway sorry.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freecocoa(f): 11:27pm On Dec 25, 2012
Btw OP, you don see person wey dem put sugar for him mouth wey throway am?

I'm sure if everyone is to have what he\she wants, people would want to marry from a rich home, I'm yet to see someone who loves suffering.undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Hoodrat(m): 11:28pm On Dec 25, 2012
Ejo eba mi wa omoge to ni owo ati ikebe nla mi ko fe omo ti oni ifo lapalapa abi ela*music*

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freecocoa(f): 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
Pinkyshron: geez u 2...so u dunt knw dah *xo* is *so* n same goes for *alxo* na wa o....itz nt lyk 'm usin d difficult ones...these r simple shorthands...evn though u r not good in them u ought 2 know wat they r in regards 2 wat 'm writing...its gud 2 know that some people undastand shorthand hia...anyway sorry.
Why are you writing in short hand in the first place? You think say na business studies class we dey here?mstcheew.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
the "rich" being referred to in the op, is someone from a rich background.

some folks like daydreaming about marrying into such, but reality is 100% different.

and no, not everyone wants to marry into money.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chronique(m): 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
Pinkyshron: geez u 2...so u dunt knw dah *xo* is *so* n same goes for *alxo* na wa o....itz nt lyk 'm usin d difficult ones...these r simple shorthands...evn though u r not good in them u ought 2 know wat they r in regards 2 wat 'm writing...its gud 2 know that some people undastand shorthand hia...anyway sorry.

Where did u learn dis ur shorthand? Cos last time I checked,shorthand looked like arabic. Anyways,pls type in simple plain english. At least,that's not too much to ask for.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Kzinne: 11:33pm On Dec 25, 2012
freecocoa: Okay now I'm jealous of how everybody is hugging,kissing and liking vivi's post.

I'm from a very very humble family, inshort we got nicknamed "the humbles" by our village people.

Oya make una like my post too.
most of d 'likers' are down wit inferior complex. dey are so so scared of dating a sophisticated upscale lady and so vivian looks like a lady dey can intimidate and control
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by lafuria1(m): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
trying to combine reality and ideals, no easy at all ...everything has its plus and minus.....u go for a girl from rich background, she starts comparing you with her father.....girl from a poor background, u start paying salaries to people u didnt employ to do anything.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by vivianc(f): 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kzinne: most of d 'likers' are down wit inferior complex. dey are so so scared of dating a sophisticated upscale lady and so vivian looks like a lady dey can intimidate and control

Chei, Vivian don suffer for NL! So you think you are more sophisticated than me? grin grin nne rapu okwu o. Gra gra no be sharp, sharp guy no be thief.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 11:38pm On Dec 25, 2012
luvable sam: I called up a friend recently to tell him I was getting married, guess what he did.
He SCREAMED n then asked me who I was getting married to as follows;

HE: Who are her Parents, are they rich?
Me: Why are you asking?,
HIM: Just want to know cos if they aren't then you have messed up big time, seriously guy you no try .

I was shocked, though that's the harsh reality these days, no or very few guys want to marry girls from humble backgrounds.

true, because with globalization especially, women are advancing much more rapidly than before, and chances of a man snagging a rich woman are probably on par with, if not actually greater than, a woman snagging a rich man.

Same goes for ladies too, if theirs even isn't more pronounced. Like a friend once said 'perceived ugly girls get married every weekend while the ones that think themselves beautiful buy "Aso ebi or anko" to attend such occasions hoping to meet Dangote's sons.

My question now is that what is happening to our value system, what's your take on everyone targeting the rich for marriage and who marries the average or seemingly poor?

yes, ugly girls tend to settle down faster, on average.

as per who marries the average or poor girl, well, somebody does eventually, since i doubt there are enough rich girls to go round?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Metalgoong(m): 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
@OP

Why shouldn't a lady marry a rich guy? . . .

Are you allergic to rich people?. . .

Do you want ladies to start marrying guys just because they are poor, and " that they might be rich in future" I call this a risky biz! grin grin grin grin

Haven't you heard about stories of poor guys who married nice girls, yet they abuse and cheat on their wives ?

Well, if I'm a lady, I will prefer to cry in a castle rather than in a hut!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freecocoa(f): 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2012
tpia@:
the "rich" being referred to in the op, is someone from a rich background.

some folks like daydreaming about marrying into such, but reality is 100% different.

and no, not everyone wants to marry into money.
So you are saying some people want to willingly marry into poverty?

I get that love can make someone marry just about anyone but telling me someone wakes up everyday praying to marry a pauper is something else.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freecocoa(f): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kzinne: most of d 'likers' are down wit inferior complex. dey are so so scared of dating a sophisticated upscale lady and so vivian looks like a lady dey can intimidate and control
Wtf? Please my post was supposed to be laughed at not the other way round.

If you are trying to insult the person of Vivian, I suggest you don't, thanks.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Damilorlah(m): 11:45pm On Dec 25, 2012
vivian chinaza: I'm from a very humble background or should I say poor? Yea poor sounds like it, "humble" just makes it bearable, Lol, ok. But rich guys keep coming for me, and no one has ever cared about my family's financial/social status. In fact, that's the first thing I tell them, I'm always like "dear, don't let my looks deceive you, I'm from a very humble background o." I'm Vivian, and that should be enough!
So contrary to your opinion, majority of guys don't actually care.

A lot of ladies who have misplaced their priorities actually care about how rich a guy is before they consider him and I just pity them. I just hope they realize that the life of a man is a mystery. A man's life can change in a twinkle of an eye.

I'm friends with a lot of people who at one time couldn't even afford a decent meal, but just one phone call changed their lives for best, and vice versa.

Last year, I did a job for this couple that had no house. The groom is my friend and as at then the most valuable property he had was his laptop. In fact, when he told me he was getting married I was like "are u crazy?" Cos he didn't even have a house. Few weeks to the wedding someone gave them a room in his flat and they were squatting there. Whenever I went to the house to discuss their wedding I was always like "how could this girl get married to a man that doesn't have a house?" Honestly, I couldn't understand, I couldn't even think of myself doing it. Well, there marriage is a year old and they are now living in one of the beautifully furnished house I have ever seen.

Stories like this humble me, and I of all the things I have seen in my few years on earth, I have known that riches cannot be guaranteed. I have also known that life is a mystery.

So if you fall in love with someone from a rich background good, if you fall in love with someone from a humble background good too. Marrying a rich person is not a crime, marrying a poor person is not a crime either, provided that LOVE is the driving force.
vivi i like u as much as i like ur post.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 11:48pm On Dec 25, 2012
Switsex: Show me were i stated dat i nid a rich guy u fool,maybe i nid to make u feel jealous.I came 4rm a wealthy family so stop d iish
u came from a wealthy home my foot so dat is what is giving u hope,have u forgoten d word my papa own no be my own lazy girl u need to grow up silly brat.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by safeLove(f): 11:51pm On Dec 25, 2012
Kzinne: u married a rich guy yet just last month u posted a topic where u were looking for a self contain to rent in yaba. na wa for u oh

Ode! Am sure that's not all you saw. Like I said I run my own(catering) business and I have staff I take care of their welfare for my business convinience.

And let me put it to you that I have benefitted a lot from NL in terms of patronage. This season alone I made nothing less than 3m from catering for companies.

NB in case you have a self contain I yaba,I still need one,cos I still have some staff I need to accomodate.

I don't even know why am replying you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2012
marrying someone from a rich background entails much more than just simply wishing to be part of their riches.

and not wanting to marry from a rich family also doesnt mean someone is planning to marry into poverty.

imo, dating or marrying outside your class has its own risk, whoever is up to the task, well, that's their prerogative.

btw, i think this topic has been discussed before.

but, i think the key thing most parents whether rich or poor, would like to see in suitors, is seriousness, not singlet wearing bling bling or some such. Trouser dropping, butt displaying, etc.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 12:01am On Dec 26, 2012
safeLove:

Ode! Am sure that's not all you saw. Like I said I run my own(catering) business and I have staff I take care of their welfare for my business convinience.

And let me put it to you that I have benefitted a lot from NL in terms of patronage. This season alone I made nothing less than 3m from catering for companies.

NB in case you have a self contain I yaba,I still need one,cos I still have some staff I need to accomodate.

why u dey brag for nairaland now,abi u want me to expose u,no be u way I see for yaba left way they wash plate for iya sikira way dey sell amala and iyan wit ewedu abeg make u no make me talk again oh u hear!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Kzinne: 12:04am On Dec 26, 2012
safeLove:

na so u na go de make mouth, all u are saying is simply a bag of lies
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by luvablesam(m): 12:07am On Dec 26, 2012
la furia: trying to combine reality and ideals, no easy at all ...everything has its plus and minus.....u go for a girl from rich background, she starts comparing you with her father.....girl from a poor background, u start paying salaries to people u didnt employ to do anything.

LOL,u are so funny,rite on point n makes a lot of sense
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by freecocoa(f): 12:07am On Dec 26, 2012
Kzinne: na so u na go de make mouth, all u are saying is simply a bag of lies
Seriously what is wrong with some people?

Are you that poor even in your reasoning that makes you think someone can't make 3m in a year?

Hian o.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by safeLove(f): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2012
chiboy1928: why u dey brag for nairaland now,abi u want me to expose u,no be u way I see for yaba left way they wash plate for iya sikira way dey sell amala and iyan wit ewedu abeg make u no make me talk again oh u hear!

No be lie..lolss. At least you didn't say am a man posing as female. Nyways. Merry Christmas.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 12:08am On Dec 26, 2012
Vivian hope u never sleep,hope nepa give u light, because I no wan make u and make mosquito dey do u beat me I beat u!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by seedord247(m): 12:11am On Dec 26, 2012
Kzinne: na so u na go de make mouth, all u are saying is simply a bag of lies

Lmaooo angry cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by chiboy1928(m): 12:15am On Dec 26, 2012
safeLove:

No be lie..lolss. At least you didn't say am a man posing as female. Nyways. Merry Christmas.
hw u dey I dey feel ur vibe wich kind self contain u want self hope u no say self contain get size, as a big girl way u claim yaba no go dey gud for u to rent self contain,u fit try VGC u go get beta self contain for ur staff,with complete ac or split unit and mosquito no go dey bite ur staff,but come oh u harsh oh,hw come u won go hire self contain for yaba abi u don forget say nah dey mosquito get park abeg if u ready to hire self contain as a big girl way dey make 3million make I no I fit give u link,but make I no lie shay I dey always see u for iya sikira joint abi no be u,nah,nah,nah na u I see I sure!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by tpia5: 12:21am On Dec 26, 2012
la furia: trying to combine reality and ideals, no easy at all ...everything has its plus and minus.....u go for a girl from rich background, she starts comparing you with her father.....girl from a poor background, u start paying salaries to people u didnt employ to do anything.

haha, but regardless if you marry or not, if you're going to pay salary, you'll still pay salary. . . . . . . .or help them find gainful employment. . . . . . in nigeria especially, once you're rich, you're expected to assist others from your LGA.

however, i see your point. Make God dey provide, abi how for do.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 12:40am On Dec 26, 2012
freecocoa: Why are you writing in short hand in the first place? You think say na business studies class we dey here?mstcheew.
babe dia is no need for the *mtchew* alright...he complained n I apolpgised nd made adjustments... so which 1 is ur own..how was I suppose 2 know people here don't undastand shorthand..please o just hold ur own.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Kzinne: 12:42am On Dec 26, 2012
freecocoa: Seriously what is wrong with some people?

Are you that poor even in your reasoning that makes you think someone can't make 3m in a year?

Hian o.
very sure u are also part of her 'fake and lying' gang, u all com here to form meanwhile for real life nothing dey
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? by Pinkyshron(f): 12:43am On Dec 26, 2012
chronique:

Where did u learn dis ur shorthand? Cos last time I checked,shorthand looked like arabic. Anyways,pls type in simple plain english. At least,that's not too much to ask for.
no problem bro....pele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yoruba Girls And Big Ass # Case Study Ogun State Location Ota / I Will Savor, Eat, Suck, Kiss, Relish And Fùck This Cute Guy (pics) / Handsome Men Photos Assemblage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.