Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:36 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180961 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:40am On Jan 13, 2013
kenami:
Its not as smooth as my usual subscription. It cuts off very often buh its doin the work anyway
Could the cutting off be location based? I don't usually get cut off but, a fluctuation between EDGE, GSM and GPRS and the connections remains, though not able to browse when it changes from EDGE. However, since I connected over 1 hour ago this night, nothing of such as the connection have been steady and running smoothly.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 3:41am On Jan 13, 2013
mightyleks:

I DIDNT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AM A MOBILE USER AND NOT ADDICTED TO DOWNLOADING EVEN HERE IS EGDE SO I DNT BODA DOWNLOADING.
No, it is not the issue of addicted or not addicted and download does not mean until you downloaded movies, music etc from the internet but, the amount of data volume you usually received whenever you sent information to the internet.
'Upload' means when you are sending information to the internet, while 'Download' means when you are receiving data from the internet as a result of the information you sent. Both of them are what consumes your data hence, when you finish your allocated data volume, you CANNOT browse again. I hope it clear. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 3:59am On Jan 13, 2013
enitan2002:

that's same thing I noticed too. I can't wait for etisalat to start similar thing.
Maybe you have forgotten that Glo didn't start anything new about using their BB plans on phones and other devices but, a simple discovery after carrying out a test by us to ascertain the workability of the Glo BB plans on phones and other devices.
Therefore, should YOU @enitan2002, rather than Etisalat, discover how to make Etisalat BB plans to work on phones and other devices, it will be an added advantage to us the subscribers as there will be alternatives, which will make us to be looking for the provider with bigger data volume for less amount.
Again, I hope you are aware that, despite Airtel 3G nationwide coverage advantage over Glo, people are trooping to Glo BB plans as a result of the differences in price and data volume allowance as compared to Airtel' BB plans. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 5:08am On Jan 13, 2013
luluosas:
You have been pulling data thinking it was free not knowing your subscription have been activated 3 days earlier. Anyway, you still have some data left to surf. Take it easy. Thank you.

Yes o! I really thought it was free data i was pulling, and most of it was wasted on botched downloads! Its unfortunate glo didnt send me d activation msg until my msg to 777 finally delivered. But its alright though, once beaten...

But thanks @Luluosas, u doing a wonderful job here!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:00am On Jan 13, 2013
xzit:

Yes o! I really thought it was free data i was pulling, and most of it was wasted on botched downloads! Its unfortunate glo didnt send me d activation msg until my msg to 777 finally delivered. But its alright though, once beaten...

But thanks @Luluosas, u doing a wonderful job here!
Thank you very much. I think the botched downloads were as a result of cutting (breaking) off of your internet connections. I hope it will improve in your location to enable you surf better without wasting your data volume unnecessarily.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by caesaraba(m): 6:12am On Jan 13, 2013
luluosas:
Thank very much. I think the botched downloads were as a result of cutting (breaking) off of your internet connections. I have it will improve in your location to enable you surf better without wasting your data volume unnecessarily.

I think the breaking of the connection usually occurs when your subscription is still pending (awaiting activation). In my case, the moment it gets activated, the browsing becomes smooth. (On three glo sims so far).

To avoid botched downloads on pc, install and use flashget software for your downloads. I've downloaded over 1.6 gig of my video tutorials and softwares using flashget. Once the connection breaks and you reconnect (even after 1 year), your download will continue from the place which it stopped.

Hopefully this might help one or two people here. Thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:34am On Jan 13, 2013
A Simple Advice:
As most users of this Glo BB plans on phones and other devices have been complaining of frequent internet cutting off while browsing, I will therefore suggests to you all that, ensure you ALWAYS lay a complain at the doorstep of Glo. This is very necessary in order for Glo to serve us better. Therefore, reach them on these avenues below and I assure that, you will attended in no distant time.

1. Call 171 N20/call. This Glo premium customer care centre though it charges N20 for every call make to that number but, you are guarateed a faster answer from the representatives as against calling 121. Tell them you browsing using your BB subscription but you do experience constant internet cut off.

2. Call 444 free. This is Glo 3G HSI internet certre. Representatives at this centre are bound to frustrate you that, they can ONLY attend to 'active HSI subscribers'. Insist that you reporting about the Glo 3G service in your area that it is breaking off constantly while you are browsing.
However, if you call this number and you hear a response that "You cannot call this number, please call 121", it means your Glo Sim card is not yet activated for Glo 3G. I advice you then call 171 N20/call asking them to activate your line for Glo 3G services. They may ask you how do you mean. Tell them you have issues with your internet connections and you dialed 444 but was told you cannot call the number.

3. Tweet to Glo at www.twitter.com/GlobacomLimited This is the official twitter handle of Glo on twitter. Tell them the issues you are having and they will respond to you. Although they usually follow their followers there but, they will attend to you asking you of your number and location. If you are not comfortable displaying your phone number for public view, tell them so. They will either ask you to send it to as a message to their facebook page or will insist you post it on twitter there. Whatever the situation, ensure that you lay your complains to them.

Now, if we are patient to address these challenges by laying the complains at the Glo doorsteps, it will help us in a great deal to have a better internet connection and experience using our subscribed internet plans.
I for one usually bombard them on twitter whenever I have issues with my internet connections, attaching screenshot images to my post to further explain my experience. Although they don't usually reply my tweets but, as much as I have told them about it, it is left for them to adjust.
Good morning all and have a wonderful Sunday.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:29am On Jan 13, 2013
caesaraba:

I think the breaking of the connection usually occurs when your subscription is still pending (awaiting activation). In my case, the moment it gets activated, the browsing becomes smooth. (On three glo sims so far).

To avoid botched downloads on pc, install and use flashget software for your downloads. I've downloaded over 1.6 gig of my video tutorials and softwares using flashget. Once the connection breaks and you reconnect (even after 1 year), your download will continue from the place which it stopped.

Thanks. This is good information.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 7:52am On Jan 13, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you very much. I think the botched downloads were as a result of cutting (breaking) off of your internet connections. I hope it will improve in your location to enable you surf better without wasting your data volume unnecessarily.

yea, i do hope it improves cos since early hours of yday i've been on edge and d speed is not-so-cool around here.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 7:58am On Jan 13, 2013
caesaraba:

thanks but actually my botched downloads were mostly online software installations on my laptop. That cant be downloaded with these download managers really. i usually use FDM,IDM ot expressfiles for my large downloads on pc. I wonder if i can get a download manager for my galaxy tab though...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by aieromon(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2013
xzit:

thanks but actually my botched downloads were mostly online software installations on my laptop. That cant be downloaded with these download managers really. i usually use FDM,IDM ot expressfiles for my large downloads on pc. I wonder if i can get a download manager for my galaxy tab though...

Go to the Play store and search for XWindDown.

Thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Kreamie(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2013
luluosas:
Do you expect your airtime to be deducted after paying for the service? By the way, this is not any form of trick whatsoever but, a legal Glo BB service. Thank you.

Nope sir..Your credit remains intact as I'm a legal Glo BB subscriber as well..
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Kreamie(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2013
And I think this trick has been blocked when one tries to use it using your blackberry as a modem connected with the blackberry desktop software..Initially when I tried the connection for the first time pairing my blackberry with the desktop software, the speed was amazing! But after a while, it just stopped..Oh well, i guess I'd have to get a device to use this trick with..It must pass me by..Glo must be dealt with! At least, MTN, Airtel and etisalat have had their fair share...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by spcoded: 8:35am On Jan 13, 2013
Whoever bring thisss thanks alot .in addition i follow d step as saidd but no show not until i empty d ip addreess box that it start working.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kreamie: And I think this trick has been blocked when one tries to use it using your blackberry as a modem connected with the blackberry desktop software..Initially when I tried the connection for the first time pairing my blackberry with the desktop software, the speed was amazing! But after a while, it just stopped..Oh well, i guess I'd have to get a device to use this trick with..It must pass me by..Glo must be dealt with! At least, MTN, Airtel and etisalat have had their fair share...
Again, this is a legal Glo BB plans and not any form of trick. Nevertheless, this process work better using a non BB device which I am not too sure will be the same with your BB Desktop App. as it is still rooting through your BB phone. You may have to get another device, even if it 'ordinary' GPRS enabled phone provided you can install its PC Suite on your system. To this end, I was using my LG GX500 PC Suite before I bought my Glo Bolt Modem and I still use it sometimes now working perfectly for this BB plans. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
spcoded: Whoever bring thisss thanks alot .in addition i follow d step as saidd but no show not until i empty d ip addreess box that it start working.
You are welcome on board.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
The current fluctuation between EDGE, GPRS and GSM signal on my Glo Bolt Modem seems to have been resolved after changing the connection type from NDIS to RAS(Modem).

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2013
xzit:

yea, i do hope it improves cos since early hours of yday i've been on edge and d speed is not-so-cool around here.
I changed the connection type on my Glo Bolt Modem from NDIS to RAS(Modem) and it becomes stable now, as it no longer fluctuate between Edge, GPRS and GSM signal.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 13, 2013
please help. iam using etisalat unlocked modem. PLEASE, EVEN ON MY Lg optimus 400, it is not browsing with the data, it is using my credit. Does you guys remove the battery of your phone more than an hour? or how did you activate yours. it is just telling me pending activation and my credit is being removed.Over 24hours now. HOPE IT HAS NOT BEEN BLOCKED
i uploaded my apn, on etisalat modem ,any fault in that? But i think i have to get activation on phone before it can be tested on pc. please help out, guys.Does it take a long time?

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2013
4bobo: please help. iam using etisalat unlocked modem. PLEASE, EVEN ON MY Lg optimus 400, it is not browsing with the data, it is using my credit. Does you guys remove the battery of your phone more than an hour? or how did you activate yours. it is just telling me pending activation and my credit is being removed.Over 24hours now. HOPE IT HAS NOT BEEN BLOCKED
i uploaded my apn, on etisalat modem ,any fault in that? But i think i have to get activation on phone before it can be tested on pc. please help out, guys.Does it take a long time?

u need to click on the box I circled white on the attached image. I struggled with the same issue until i clicked on the save user name and password box. good luck

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
stephenponti:

u need to click on the box I circled white on the attached image. I struggled with the same issue until i clicked on the save user name and password box. good luck
Thank you bro. i really appreciate that. will do.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by austinsmat(m): 10:01pm On Jan 13, 2013
This glo network is fast but not working on network sharing with lappy by phone it saying network limited or I'm missing something beside I'm using lg E900 window7.5 for the sharing
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by onenessone: 12:55am On Jan 14, 2013
hello guys, can someone get the unlocking code for me on these ZTE modems:
IMEI: 357534044149406 mtn fastlink MF190
IMEI: 359538039413980 etisalat MF631

thanks in anticipation
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:03am On Jan 14, 2013
onenessone: hello guys, can someone get the unlocking code for me on these ZTE modems:
IMEI: 357534044149406 mtn fastlink MF190
IMEI: 359538039413980 etisalat MF631

thanks in anticipation
ZTE Modems are self unlocking which means, you need to have the software installed on your computer and unlock them yourself. Only some Huawei Modem can be unlock by a third party. Therefore, drop your email and I will send the ZTE software I have for you. I do hope it will work.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 2:57am On Jan 14, 2013
luluosas:
I changed the connection type on my Glo Bolt Modem from NDIS to RAS(Modem) and it becomes stable now, as it no longer fluctuate between Edge, GPRS and GSM signal.

network can back to hsdpa ysday evening and has been steady since.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ochukoccna: 10:09am On Jan 14, 2013
Thank luluosas for this hack tip on the Glo BB ish
Works but is very erratic on my Samsung Glalaxy I9003
The erratic nature is not down to location seeing Glosecure PAYG works great but once I switch to this Glo BB hack tip,it goes off&on
Thanks again regardless of the erractic nature
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:21am On Jan 14, 2013
ochukoccna: Thank luluosas for this hack tip on the Glo BB ish
Works but is very erratic on my Samsung Glalaxy I9003
The erratic nature is not down to location seeing Glosecure PAYG works great but once I switch to this Glo BB hack tip,it goes off&on
Thanks again regardless of the erractic nature
You are welcome. It seems the breaking off of network is an issue on the Glo network. I hope they fix it on time to allow smooth operations.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ochukoccna: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2013
luluosas:
You are welcome. It seems the breaking off of network is an issue on the Glo network. I hope they fix it on time to allow smooth operations.
Regarding that,I know not seeing the service varied mostly btw HSPDA and 3G (a little EDGE) before 7am this morning
When it was no longer going,I switched to Glosecure which was very steady only that PAYG data is way damn TOO expensive
Seems I'll have to be doing 'night browsing' to enjoy this Glo BB thing then cos I'm back to my AIRTEL BB plan which had issues resubscribing over the weekend
Once the GLO BB thing is steady,I can camp there as it offers more data though AIRTEL is faster
Nothing beats fast internet service mehn!
Thanks again though.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by spcoded: 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
how do i resub when i still have alot left before the date embarassed
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2013
spcoded: how do i resub when i still have alot left before the date embarassed
Ensure you resubscribe to the same family plans, that is, if your current plan is Coweek, you can buy another Coweek or Comonth plan and the remaining data volume in the current one will be rolled into the new one. The same thing applies if you are current on Soweek, you can subscribe to Somonth. But, never cross from 'So' family to 'Co' family when you have existing data volume or else, you will lose the data volumes. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2013
great job guys and i could use some help here . Am about 2 buy a 3g nokia symbian fone with the tots that i wil be able 2 connect to the internet using it as a modem via the glo bis plan . I need to know if this would be possible and how to go about it before i waste my money. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (102)

Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.