Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

A Review Of "Tears Of Stolen Virginity" Written By Kaodi Ojukwu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Review Of "Tears Of Stolen Virginity" Written By Kaodi Ojukwu (1596 Views)

Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 / How Exams Are Written In Covenant University / UNILAG Lecturer Slaps And Tears Woman’s Cloth At Petrol Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Review Of "Tears Of Stolen Virginity" Written By Kaodi Ojukwu by goldenbrown: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
Cold shivers ran over my body and I was filled with ghoose pimples all over my body at intervals while tears made two thick streaks down my face when they had overflown. On these happened in the cause of reading the book under the context above. After reading the 332 page book "Tears of stolen virginity" by Kaodi Ojukwu,I concluded that I have read the best emotional book ever. The story is about a little girl, Austa who was born on the eve of her grandmother's death. She was born an incarnate of an exceptionally beautiful and influential but illiterate grandma who her dying wish was the opportunity for limitless education to be provided for her. In compliance to this request by Austa's grandmother, her father made all the committment to give her-Austa, an incarnate of her grandma the best all round education his meagre resources could afford. In response to this, Austa developed a prodigious brain capacity and was always returning home from school with excellent results in all aspect of her educational endeavour. However when the uncertainties of fate and vagaries of destiny lashed out at her,her life was instantly turned upside down. First she became a victim of rape, by her best friend; Gloria's elder brother which got her pregnant. This was the beginning of bad days and was followed by the death of Gloria which kept her in a traumatic condition and then her expulsion from the school where she has made much fame and reputation. In the course of subsequent journey along the highway of huge mental and physical difficulties, she suddenly found herself standing on the doorstep of prostitution but providence coupled by goodwill and destiny didn't let her open the door for it. At last the light was shown on her and she made it to her dream world after passing through tough time and difficulties. She made it as the best student in her SSCE nationwide and was sent overseas to further her education. By this I mean her grandmother's wish for a limitless education has been achieved. Its a book to read and I recommend it for everyone

(1) (Reply)

The 'infamous' 2009 ASUU-FG Agreement. / ASUU Strike: Government Blinks, Agrees To Spend N200b Each For Four Years / Engineering Vs Medicine..which Of These Rules D World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.