Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland (2019 Views)

Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich / OLX Nigeria And So Much Scamming / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
I wonder and still wonder what happened to Nairalist.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by Seun(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
It's a good idea, but dispute resolution can be costly, which will make the items being sold more expensive. That's bad because Nigerians are very price sensitive.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by lomzy1(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2012
Seun: It's a good idea, but dispute resolution can be costly, which will make the items being sold more expensive. That's bad because Nigerians are very price sensitive.

But I guess if a seller sets his price too high, it wld be to his own detriment cos ppl wld simply not buy.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 28, 2012
Seun: It's a good idea, but dispute resolution can be costly, which will make the items being sold more expensive. That's bad because Nigerians are very price sensitive.

Seun, I humbly beg you to look at the bright side of this idea.

Of course there will always be problems in any human endeavour, but problems are meant to be solved.

Disputes will be far and in between, and the certainty of getting confirmed and reasonably priced high quality products will far outweight any possible problems.

And come to think of it, the escrow service will not be compusory but optional to any one who likes to use it.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by eyenCalabar(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2012
Seun, I think we can role it out on a Beta phase with a number of transactions and with all amount of carefulness by your team. Let's join hands and help business thrive here successfully. Immediately we start, scammers would flee. Let's see the possibility and act on it.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2012
eyenCalabar: Seun, I think we can role it out on a Beta phase with a number of transactions and with all amount of carefulness by your team. Let's join hands and help business thrive here successfully. Immediately we start, scammers would flee. Let's see the possibility and act on it.

I totally agree. You know I get calls from potential customers from as far as calabar, Sokoto, Maiduguri and even from Ghana. They love my products and absolutely want to buy from me.

But the problem is that they do not want pay before hand, in case I am a scammer, and I do not want to send good to them without payment, in case I am scammed.

They cannot come to me and I cannot go to them. So, at the end of the day, we just forget about the deal..

I tell you close to 40 percent of my prospects are lost in this way.

Imagine having a reputable escrow service where customers can pay, and we supply goods to them and then they confirm the reciept and authenticity of the products before authourising payment.

Once payment is made, Nairaland does not have any issue again with either parties.

In fact, this arrangement could even ensure that only high quality and durable products are sold on Nairaland and not those substandard and cheap imitations we see all over the place.

Please consider this and work on it.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by eyenCalabar(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
virtuoso01:

I totally agree. You know I get calls from potential customers from as far as calabar, Sokoto, Maiduguri and even from Ghana. They love my products and absolutely want to buy from me.

But the problem is that they do not want pay before hand, in case I am a scammer, and I do not want to send good to them without payment, in case I am scammed.

They cannot come to me and I cannot go to them. So, at the end of the day, we just forget about the deal..

I tell you close to 40 percent of my prospects are lost in this way.

Imagine having a reputable escrow service where customers can pay, and we supply goods to them and then they confirm the reciept and authenticity of the products before authourising payment.

Once payment is made, Nairaland does not have any issue again with either parties.

In fact, this arrangement could even ensure that only high quality and durable products are sold on Nairaland and not those substandard and cheap imitations we see all over the place.

Please consider this and work on it.

A big point there for consideration. Don't worry bro, we are closing on it. Bear some patience.
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by Chrisvicmall: 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
eyenCalabar:

Well, I think you have a point but this is Nairaland not chrisvicmall. It is possible to incorporate all these features here irrespective of whether NL is just a forum or not. Except you are telling us that there are laws governing what Seun/NL should/should not do. You see desperate times calls for desperate measures. Atimes, one needs to go out of the box to get some things done.

Since you are preaching about stopping scam and I told you that we already have it. What do you mean by "this is Nairaland not chrisvicmall". So because we are not yet famous, you consider us not proper to handle the work?
Re: My Humble Suggestion On Curbing The Menace Of Scamming On Nairaland by eyenCalabar(m): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
Chrisvicmall:

Since you are preaching about stopping scam and I told you that we already have it. What do you mean by "this is Nairaland not chrisvicmall". So because we are not yet famous, you consider us not proper to handle the work?

No sir. Personally, I don't see much work here but you know chrisvicmall is another platform and not associated with NL. But then, you can strike some bargains with Seun to let you come in and do the job on NL platform.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bridgestone Tyres And Firestone Tyres For Sale / 4 Steps To Start Earning Big From GSM Shortcode In Nigeria / 5 Best Websites For Mini-importation (e-commerce Arbitrage)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.