Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Obama Tko Clinton Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Tko Clinton Again (3402 Views)

I’ve Been Vindicated By The U-turn Of TKO Aluko –fayose's Aide / Breaking News!!! court Issued Warrant Of Arrest Against TKO ALUKO For Perjury. / How We Rigged Fayose Into Office - Ekiti PDP Secretary(tko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

Look at the big picture. You are crying about "huge defense spending" . . . have u asked yourself how much of the Chinese and Russian budgets go to defense? America can only afford to cut its defense spending at its own peril. Live with it.

And are those troops "idling" away a problem to you? They are there to give the US a strategic military advantage. Perhaps you are also against the building of a European missile shield by the US too?
Kenya was minding her business when she was attacked, Spain, Indonesia, India . . . all were minding their business before the were attacked. Quit talking about what u know nothing about . . . China is growing as a threat to the US . . . both economically and militarily.

And who is supposed to be the sacrificial lamb in all these?

Yes, we can be attacked like anywhere else in the world, but I think it is time to take a break from it all and take care of he American people first.  Fighting terrorism is not the job of one country.  If our "Rhinstone Cowboy" did not go about it the way he did, things would have been much better.  It is time to bring the rest of the world on board.  Don't you think?  So the American people do not have to bear it all. Isolationists policies never worked in country's favor.

As for China--a threat to America.  I wonder why.  If only we learn to mind "the people's" business instead of the world, we will not have the Chinese secretly sniffing in all backyards of the US!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ McKren, I LOVE ya last : post! wink More of them ma guy cool
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Yes, we can be attacked like anywhere else in the world, but I think it is time to take a break from it all and take care of he American people first. Fighting terrorism is not the job of one country. If our "Rhinstone Cowboy" did not go about it the way he did, things would have been much better. It is time to bring the rest of the world on board. Don't you think? So the American people do not have to bear it all. Isolationists policies never worked in country's favor.

As for China--a threat to America. I wonder why. If only we learn to mind "the people's" business instead of the world, we will not have the Chinese secretly sniffing in all backyards of the US!

you are simply echoing Obama's policies Almondjoy
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 4:11pm On Feb 20, 2008
father ab:

@Almondjoy,
Why did you suddenly backslide from your "Go Democrats Go" signature to putting "Post ya shit, I post mine"? Gaskiya I prefer the former one to this one. Any way sha, its yours.

I can't believe you could say Hillary Clinton stands for change! angry angry angry Are you not sick and tired of the Clinton and Bush monarchy abi dynasty? As for the Old McCain, you even cited him as a 'change'!  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Rememer that his being faithful in little qualifies him for a greater responsibility. Remember that the 3 top ranking contenders are senators.

I changed my slogan because I started getting disenchanted by it all.  It became a replay of the 2000 elections. Till a see a head way from all this madness I will remain an independent for now! tongue
Hilary stands for change? Oh heck no---I just inferred that she has started putting some parameters to her "change" slogan.  By wanting to bring the troops home starting within 60 days.  I just like the fact that she has started coming up with specifics that's all. Not that she is any better than the rest of the "wolf pack"!

I am not into sentiments. Frankly I am tired of all-a- them!  What are the plans I say.  I want specifics to hold them to their words.  The greatest disgrace to ever befall them if they mess up in the future.  You know they hate to be called "flip floppers"!

I just need a plan for this "change" everyone, including me is in love with! kiss
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
McKren:

Almondjoy

Talking about what Obama stands for will simply amount to writting a text book.

But lets limit the argument to the Subject of CHANGE as it has to do with HEALTH INSURANCE in America.

Most politicians are talking about change for the sake of wining elections. But you will know when someone is honest about their CHANGE gospel if you look at trends and decisions they have taken.

Some wish to even change things but end up being unable to do that because they have been compromised, their hands are tied.

Talking about change, Hillary Clinton just talks about change but will never be able to change anything because she has been compromised. She built her campaign around large donnors most of whom are Government lobbyists sponsored by phamarcetical companies and the like. Well need I remind you that this group of people will reap where they have sown.

Her so called Healthcare plans which she claims will cover all Americans is simply hinged on bullying people to purchase Health Insurance at [b]whatever cost.[/b] Tell me how its better to bully poor people to aquire expensive insurance or they  pay a fine is better compared to making Health Insurance affordable and allowing this people the choice to go for them because its cheap.
Their is only one set of people who will benefit from Hillary's plan, the same Health Insurance companies who are large donnors to her campaign. Thats simply status quo.

But the Obama camp are able to come up with a fairer idea for all (Americans and drug companies included) because his campaign has been funded by ordinary Americans. So the change in this case as in many other cases is that Obama has simply chosen a path which does not leave him indebted to the drug companies and thus will be more trusted to takes this guys on from an advantaged point.

That is what Obama's version of change is about.

Gooood!  We all know his version and I say I need a plan.  Okay!  Are you asking me to give him a blank check to do whatever he wants to do in the "White House" because his hands may be tied when he gets there?  Yes, compared to Hilary, Obama has greater clarity--does not mean she cannot make a good president too if she does her homework and comes up with some coherent plans too.  Just like MCcain. I just don't see any of them doing that right now!

McKren:

you are simply echoing Obama's policies Almondjoy

I hope you are right! grin

I am impressed with his history do not get me wrong.  I just don't like the politics he wants to play like the others.  Beating about the bush politics.

I need a plan I say.  If it does not work we can "flip flop" as usual and revise it!  Nothing wrong with that! kiss The need to continue the debates and expose eachother for what they really stand for. Right now, no one is qualified to get ma vote. Let the other Americans keep voting. Do not want to waste ma time like a did 8 years ago! Right now, I remain an "Independent"! cool
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Gooood! We all know his version and I say I need a plan. Okay! Are you asking me to give him a blank check to do whatever he wants to do in the "White House" because his hands may be tied when he gets there?

I am impressed with his history do not get me wrong. I just don't like the politics he wants to play like the others. Beating about the bush politics.

I need a plan I say. If it does not work we can "flip flop" as usual and revise it! Nothing wrong with that! kiss

Well for his detailed plan visit www.barackobama.com

Its fair to say that people don't read their anticipated budget on the campaign trail

What is lacking is not failure of ideas but failure of leadership, Even President Yaradua had a 7 point plan, where is it. He has spent more time seeking freedom for those who sponsored his campaign.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ Almond, I think I'm just beginning to get your side of the coin. However, sometimes you dont just hinge your expectations of a president on his well-laid plans, INSTINCTS can guide one in cases like this. I cannot vote in America for now being in Nigeria doing business.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
McKren:

Well for his detailed plan visit www.barackobama.com

Its fair to say that people don't read their anticipated budget on the campaign trail

What is lacking is not failure of ideas but failure of leadership, Even President Yaradua had a 7 point plan, where is it. He has spent more time seeking freedom for those who sponsored his campaign.

Oh, thank you Mckren. That was an eye full as usual, I have to sieve through the wheat from the chaff!  I will definitely check it out--and see if he is worthy of ma donations. tongue  BTW, 3 things I am looking for are immigration, healthcare, and social security.  Iraq and the others I will keep in the oven for now.  Once again, thanks for the link.

Oh dear! 7-pt plan from Yaradua who did not even know he was going to be president of Nigeria till 3 months after the electons were held! tongue  Oh please, spare us the details! cheesy

father ab:

@ Almond, I think I'm just beginning to get your side of the coin. However, sometimes you don't just hinge your expectations of a president on his well-laid plans, INSTINCTS can guide one in cases like this. I cannot vote in America for now being in Nigeria doing business.

That is what George Bush got us if a may remind you! Instincts! This is politics not religion! grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by Mamajama(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ almondjoy

you are looking for immigration, healthcare, and social security?

What about job security? what about the housing crisis and the senseless war in Iraq? Those are the three topic i think we be a deciding factor and will benefit Obama tremendously against McCain.

Did you listen to his speech last night? the old guy was totally clueless with his barrage of attack on our Chitown young dynamic senator.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by fatherab1: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Almondjoy, I leave you to decide, but no matter how long it takes you, a vote for Obama would be a vote for which you will never regret. I can bet.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by opokonwa(m): 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
@almondjoy
Since you're so sick and tired of them politicians' rhetorics, why don't you take the lead and I and the rest of the posters will follow.
Perhaps, you are the leader we have been waiting for, with more practical plans and sincere speeches.
I shall be the first to vote for you and shall mobilize all my contituency including 1,000 delegates.

Sometimes, it's so easy to criticize.
But more difficult to suggest positive and practical way forward sad
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by away4real(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ almond if you want the full details you will have to read the policy papers in the link provided by Mckren. I have read your comments and i should call you "Obama girl", you echo exactly what Obama says and stands for.

The problem with trying to put details and specifics in a speech or debate is the time constraint and the ability to keep your audience engaged and not bore them. I was particulary impressed by Obama's 40 minute speech but i could tell it wasnt easy, he tried to ensure the audience was engaged. In a debate you are given few minutes to respond to a question, the issues you mentioned are not 5-10 minutes answers, the policy papers are like a PhD thesis.

Thats why to me Obama is attractive, its not in the policy papers or so called solutions but in the political will of a candidate and another plus for Obama is the ability to inspire and motivate, co-ordinate and bring people together. Its leadership qualities that the American electorates should be concerned about.

There are economist and political scientist in Harvad/Yale that have the answers and empirically proven solution,leave the issues to the technocrats. The presidents job is the ability to bring them all together, and choose the right mix of solutions not a lobbyst solution, Obama has that. Hillary and McCain just don't have it.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
Mamajama:

@ almondjoy

you are looking for immigration, healthcare, and social security?

What about job security? what about the housing crisis and the senseless war in Iraq? Those are the three topic i think we be a deciding factor and will benefit Obama tremendously against McCain.

Did you listen to his speech last night? the old guy was totally clueless with his barrage of attack on our Chitown young dynamic senator.

If you secure the big 3--you will contain the rest of the small 1000s!  With shutting your borders comes job security.

Are you with me?

Leave MCcain for now.  My problem is with the America people.  Do not ever close your eyes to the "racial" component of American politics.  Let us wait and see. Frankly, I am tired of listening to their speeches.  Say in about 3 months from now--I will pay more attention to them.  I need to let them run around a litte till the dust settles.

If you bring the troops drinkin' whiskey in Germany and Britain home first--not even Iraq yet---you will have some money to put into housing and real estate. Iraq is a gradual process and we definitely need a plan for that.

Are you with me? cheesy

father ab:

@Almondjoy, I leave you to decide, but no matter how long it takes you, a vote for Obama would be a vote for which you will never regret. I can bet.

That is yet to be evaluated and I promise you we have a long way to go till November. Just relax and watch for now. Don't get carried away because, this is America--Like the NFL, 2 minutes is an eternity. I say relax! cheesy The show has not started at all!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by IykeD1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
It ain't looking for good Hillary at all. Her hope is now March 4, but the Obama's
movement appears poised to do some real damage to her firewall strategy.

There is more pressure on Hillary to excel on Thursday's debate, but at this stage
I doubt whether a stellar performance from her will even slow down the tidal wave.

Who said "you can't" ? smiley Go Obama!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2008
opokonwa:

@almondjoy
Since you're so sick and tired of them politicians' rhetorics, why don't you take the lead and I and the rest of the posters will follow.

Perhaps, you are the leader we have been waiting for, with more practical plans and sincere speeches.[/b]I shall be the first to vote for you and shall mobilize all my contituency including 1,000 delegates.

[b]Sometimes, it's so easy to criticize.

But more difficult to suggest positive and practical way forward sad

I am not criticizing.  I am only makin' demands.  Please make a distinctive note of both!  Thank you for you faith in me.  But I have a profession I love very much already. I can never be a politician. kiss

away4real:

@ almond if you want the[b] full details [/b] you will have to read the policy papers in the link provided by Mckren. I have read your comments and i should call you "Obama girl", you echo exactly what Obama says and stands for.

The problem with trying to put details and specifics in a speech or debate is the time constraint and the ability to keep your audience engaged and not bore them. I was particulary impressed by Obama's 40 minute speech but i could tell it wasnt easy, he tried to ensure the audience was engaged. In a debate you are given few minutes to respond to a question, the issues you mentioned are not 5-10 minutes answers, the policy papers are like a PhD thesis.

Thats why to me Obama is attractive, its not in the policy papers or so called solutions but in the political will of a candidate and another plus for Obama is the ability to inspire and motivate, co-ordinate and bring people together. Its leadership qualities that the American electorates should be concerned about.

There are economist and political scientist in Harvad/Yale that have the answers and empirically proven solution,leave the issues to the technocrats. The presidents job is the ability to bring them all together, and choose the right mix of solutions not a lobbyst solution, Obama has that. Hillary and McCain just don't have it.

You and them politicians, I really do not know who is worse! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy  More rhetoric and emotional entrapments with words like--"the will", "bringing people together", "the right solution" and all those emotionally charged propagandist terminologies people use to hoodwink the economically and socially handicap.

Obama girl or not grin--let Mr Barack Hussein Obama come as well as all others and let me know how they intend to implement all these policies!  The policies all look and smell gooooooooooooooood!  No be so Bush and co talk last year. undecided But please, I need the details.  They are all waiting till the last minute to pull out the rabbit from the hat. I am waiting too. Till then-I will listen to music on ma Ipods and watch cartoons! kiss

I will definitely read the link Mckren provided--but as you know, I have an analytical mind--I just hook up with the talking heads on CNN and talk radio hosts and the rest of the Americans who have not lost that ability to think. They usually do the analysis for me so I make my own decisions from there--based on common sense. wink Short cuts!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 5:47pm On Feb 20, 2008
Iyke-D:

It ain't looking for good Hillary at all. Her hope is now March 4, but the Obama's
movement appears poised to do some real damage to her firewall strategy.

There is more pressure on Hillary to excel on Thursday's debate, but at this stage
I doubt whether a stellar performance from her will even slow down the tidal wave.

Who said "you can't" ? smiley Go Obama!

Maybe not Hilary. But "White" America can say! kiss
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2008

Yes, we can be attacked like anywhere else in the world, but I think it is time to take a break from it all and take care of he American people first. Fighting terrorism is not the job of one country. If our "Rhinstone Cowboy" did not go about it the way he did, things would have been much better. It is time to bring the rest of the world on board. Don't you think? So the American people do not have to bear it all. Isolationists policies never worked in country's favor.

As for China--a threat to America. I wonder why. If only we learn to mind "the people's" business instead of the world, we will not have the Chinese secretly sniffing in all backyards of the US!

Gbam! you sef talk am. this is Obama's viewpoint . . . when he indicated he was willing to speak to Iran and Syria WITHOUT conditions . . . america and Hillary Clinton said it was evidence of his inexperience.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Maybe not Hilary. But "White" America can say! kiss

almondjoy:

Leave MCcain for now. My problem is with the America people. Do not ever close your eyes to the "racial" component of American politics.

It is this kind of inferiority complex and reverse racism . . . that wants to make me puke in disgust.

almondjoy:

If you bring the troops drinkin' whiskey in Germany and Britain home first--not even Iraq yet---you will have some money to put into housing and real estate. Iraq is a gradual process and we definitely need a plan for that.

Are you with me? cheesy

I certainly am not with you because you are sounding very naive right now. Why bring the troops back from Germany? Wont you pay their salaries and allowances even if they were here?
You have to realise one thing, those troops are not just there drinking whiskey . . . they are there as part of a military strategy to keep the Russians in check.

Do you know that it takes 8hrs from the US to Europe by air?

It is imperative that the US maintains troops abroad in case it needs to defend itself or its allies. The smartest way to fight a war is to make sure u do so on ur enemies territory.

Not even hillary clinton is seeking to remove troops from Germany or Japan.

About Iraq? Even if they have a plan today it will be stupid to make them public and thus give ur enemies plenty of time to strategise.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

You and them politicians, I really do not know who is worse! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy More rhetoric and emotional entrapments with words like--"the will", "bringing people together", "the right solution" and all those emotionally charged propagandist terminologies people use to hoodwink the economically and socially handicap.

Obama girl or not grin--let Mr Barack Hussein Obama come as well as all others and let me know how they intend to implement all these policies! The policies all look and smell gooooooooooooooood! No be so Bush and co talk last year. undecided But please, I need the details. They are all waiting till the last minute to pull out the rabbit from the hat. I am waiting too. Till then-I will listen to music on ma Ipods and watch cartoons! kiss

I will definitely read the link Mckren provided--but as you know, I have an analytical mind--I just hook up with the talking heads on CNN and talk radio hosts and the rest of the Americans who have not lost that ability to think. They usually do the analysis for me so I make my own decisions from there--based on common sense. wink Short cuts!

With Obama,its the triumph of style over substance.There is a certain "wait and see" element to his candidacy.Most people don't know what he will really do until he becomes President.Unfortunately,style can be more important in what some political analysts call a "beauty contest",the US Presidential race.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

With Obama,its the triumph of style over substance.There is a certain "wait and see" element to his candidacy.Most people don't know what he will really do until he becomes President.Unfortunately,style can be more important in what some political analysts call a "beauty contest",the US Presidential race.

You do have a point, i however disagree with the general idea that because he has the power of oratory he thus lacks substance.

Clinton hasnt said anything of substance to wow us over . . . we are still waiting. She has had 35yrs in the corridors of power, besides being efficient nothing else stands her out.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

Gbam! you sef talk am. this is Obama's viewpoint . . . when he indicated he was willing to speak to Iran and Syria WITHOUT conditions . . . america and Hillary Clinton said it was evidence of his inexperience.

There are ways to do things and I guess some may/may not object. How can you negotiate any thing WITHOUT conditions? shocked I would have preferred he stated he would meet with them to see how they can work together. Without conditons? Oh no! Yes that was inexperience right there. Knowing the kind of countries you are dealing with, you have to hold them accountable if they deviate from whatever agreements you are working up. I agree on that note. He shouldn't have done that.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2008
away4real:

@ almond if you want the full details you will have to read the policy papers in the link provided by Mckren.

There is an inside joke about Obama supporters always refering people to Obama's website whenever they are asked for specifics.I wonder what they would have done in the pre-internet era.The strange thing is that the site contains relatively little and even goes to further substantiate the charge against Obama.

What you are effectively saying is that one of Obama's strengths is his ability to call on Ivy league technocrats.Any numpty as President can do that.How do we know Obama has the "right mix of solutions" until Obama spells them out in detail and we can compare and contrast.

If Obama doesn't want to be beholden to lobbyist,why prevaricate over the issue of restricting campaign funding for the Nov 08 elections to Govt sourced funding?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 6:45pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

It is this kind of inferiority complex and reverse racism . . . that wants to make me puke in disgust.

I certainly am not with you because you are sounding very naive right now. Why bring the troops back from Germany? Wont you pay their salaries and allowances even if they were here?
You have to realise one thing, those troops are not just there drinking whiskey . . . they are there as part of a military strategy to keep the Russians in check.

Do you know that it takes[b] 8hrs from the US to Europe by air? [/b]

It is imperative that the US maintains troops abroad in case it needs to defend itself or its allies. The smartest way to fight a war is to make sure u do so on your enemies territory.

Not even hillary clinton is seeking to remove troops from Germany or Japan.

About Iraq? Even if they have a plan today it will be stupid to make them public and thus give your enemies plenty of time to strategise.

I agree!  Unemployment is bad enough as it is.  My problem is that the US cannot do it all and keep doing all. In the final analysis, we would have to sacrifice something to get another.  That is why they are not going to get my vote.  If they cannot think of a plan that can keep all the troops all over the world and keep the US citizens from drowning from the wise investments overseas--tough!  They will just have to come up with a way!

It is not inferiority complex or reverse racism--for I never said Obama was not qualified.  I am just sayin' that I do not think America has learned to look past color yet.  If Barack wins, then they have proven me wrong. From what I see now--I am neither hopeful nor carried away by their fake smiles.  Like I said, the show is still on.

You last sentence is the punch line. Of course they all have their plans and waitin' till the last minute. I am waiting too! wink
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by oldie(m): 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
I will not rationalise about his suitability or his competence
Many forumers have adequately done that

But Obama's movement is like the good old Kennedy days
- Fresh, inspiring and hope for the present and the future
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

There is an inside joke about Obama supporters always refering people to Obama's website whenever they are asked for specifics.

I wonder what they would have done[b] in the pre-internet era.[/b]The strange thing is that the site contains relatively little and even goes to further substantiate the charge against Obama.

What you are effectively saying is that one of Obama's strengths is his ability to call on Ivy league technocrats.

Any numpty as President can do that.How do we know Obama has the "right mix of solutions" until Obama spells them out in detail and we can compare and contrast.

If Obama doesn't want to be beholden to lobbyist,why prevaricate over the issue of restricting campaign funding for the Nov 08 elections to Govt sourced funding?

he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  My sentiments exactly!

. . . . . . And good morning to you too!

I say we have not started, so I will not waste too much time with the politicians just yet.  Let's all go take a nap and set our alarm clocks for "July 31st".  Hopefully, we would have had a decent idea on how these primaries are going.  Right now they playin'!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by IykeD1(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20, 2008

Maybe not Hilary. But "White" America can say!

And who do you think got Obama up to this point? Please visit www.dailykos.com
and you may get a chance to get a real sense as to how committed the foot soldiers of the
democratic party are overwhelmingly for Obama. These are the people donating their little
widow's might ($10, $25, $50, etc, some are college students) that has Obama raising over
$36 million in January alone! The February numbers will be another all time record in fund
raising!

I used to think like that and largely that was the strategy Hillary was relying on, that is being
black, not only will Obama get enough of the white votes, but he will be starved of funds as
well and will drop his ambition.

The rest is now history. Of course, the general elections is a different matter, but even if
MCain wins, it will be extremely close. There is indeed a movement out there. People just
want something new.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by away4real(m): 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

4Him:

You do have a point, i however disagree with the general idea that because he has the power of oratory he thus lacks substance.

Clinton hasnt said anything of substance to wow us over . . . we are still waiting. She has had 35yrs in the corridors of power, besides being efficient nothing else stands her out.

The same bias and sentiments across board on Obama, to me theres no point. All the candidates have the same wait and see element because they have never been president before. The fact that Hillary or McCain have been around suggest little of their abilities as commander in chief with the power to veto, the best we all have is a mere extrapolation. Obama has also been in the state assembly working albeit grass root so whats the issue of a wait and see element. Its the same thing across board.

@ almond call it sentiments and emotions, i agree thats what it is. You lay hold to your analytical tendencies drawing on the analysis of others but therein lies the risk of distortion.

You need to look inside you, at times the analysis/evidence are at variance with what we see and this is one of those situations, the analysis from the begining didnt give Obama a chance, though we know the battle is far from over coming this far is a victory in itself, even if HRC wins tomorrow, its a victory for Obama.

I know Obama is imperfect and will make mistakes, there is no wait and see, he will make mistakes, but hey has said so already whats new, Hillary and McCain would want us to think they are infalliable, Mr and Mrs perfect from day one.

4 Play:

What you are effectively saying is that one of Obama's strengths is his ability to call on Ivy league technocrats.Any numpty as President can do that.How do we know Obama has the "right mix of solutions" until Obama spells them out in detail and we can compare and contrast.

@ 4play Which joke are u on about, referring to a website. Not every numpty can do that if not America wont be at war. Your statement on preinternet age is at best laughable, i have sought to stay away from issues with people like u (apologies) becos its pointless, Obama and Clinton have almost the same policies with slight variations, the core content is the same Democratic policies on taxation, immigration, the economy name it, for McCain its Republican policies never changing so i really dont  understand except the people calling for it dont understand the party ideologies.

If you want us to talk policies i would rather do that along party ideological lines cos the core contents of each remains the same.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 7:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
Iyke-D:

And who do you think got Obama up to this point? Please visit www.dailykos.com

and you may get a chance to get a real sense as to how committed the foot soldiers of the
democratic party are overwhelmingly for Obama.

These are the people donating their little
widow's might ($10, $25, $50, etc, some are college students) that has Obama raising over
$36 million in January alone! The February numbers will be another all time record in fund
raising!

I used to think like that and largely that was the strategy Hillary was relying on, that is being
black, not only will Obama get enough of the white votes, but he will be starved of funds as
well and will drop his ambition.

The rest is now history. Of course, the general elections is a different matter, but even if
MCain wins, it will be extremely close. There is indeed a movement out there.

People just want something new.

I want something new too but not a "Trojan Horse" as a gift!  I repeat, that something new has to be meaningful.  Look, we have been down this road before.

Obama has come a longer way than I envisaged, yes!  As the race get's closer the dust decreases and I am forced to think more clearly.  What are we struggling to win here? undecided
It looks good--but to what purpose?  Just because I need something new? undecided  Oh no! I need something useful!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
away4real:

The same bias and sentiments across board on Obama, to me theres no point. All the candidates have the same wait and see element because they have never been president before. The fact that Hillary or McCain have been around suggest little of their abilities as commander in chief with the power to veto, the best we all have is a mere extrapolation. Obama has also been in the state assembly working albeit grass root so whats the issue of a wait and see element. Its the same thing across board.

@ almond call it sentiments and emotions, i agree thats what it is. You lay hold to your analytical tendencies drawing on the analysis of others but therein lies the risk of distortion.

You need to look inside you, at times the analysis/evidence are at variance with what we see and this is one of those situations, the analysis from the begining didnt give Obama a chance, though we know the battle is far from over coming this far is a victory in itself, even if HRC wins tomorrow, its a victory for Obama.

I know Obama is imperfect and will make mistakes, there is no wait and see, he will make mistakes, but hey has said so already whats new, Hillary and McCain would want us to think they are infalliable, Mr and Mrs perfect from day one.

@ 4play Which joke are u on about, referring to a website. Not every numpty can do that if not America wont be at war. Your statement on preinternet age is at best laughable, i have sought to stay away from issues with people like u (apologies) because its pointless, Obama and Clinton have almost the same policies with slight variations, the core content is the same Democratic policies on taxation, immigration, the economy name it, for McCain its Republican policies never changing so i really don't  understand except the people calling for it don't understand the party[b] ideologies.[/b]

If you want us to talk[b] policies [/b] i would rather do that along party ideological lines because the core contents of each remains the same.

WoW!

Well, that was a heart full!  This is why you need to get past where you are.  I like to really hear what a lot of others are saying about these subjects of "change".  That in the least has got me to the point of demanding some specific plan on how policies are to be implemented. Obama has yet to prove that he is different from Hilary or MCcain. I don't even see blue prints not to talk of plans! They are all the same in that regard.

You, on the other hand are still stuck on "policies and ideologies".  I am way past that phase.  Frankly, I am bored with it.  I only look forward to July, when things will really start to shape up or ship out!  We will definitely get to the nitty gritty of it all.  This is "spring break"!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 7:18pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

It looks good--but to what purpose?  Just because I need something new? undecided  Oh no! I need something usesful!

And does Clinton offer that which you seek?  undecided Herein lies my problem with the anti-Obama bandwagon . . . they accuse him of little substance . . . clinton is hardly any better. If Obama had talked about bringing the troops home in 60 days he'd have been resoundly torn apart by media hawks.

almondjoy:

he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  My sentiments exactly!

those are NOT your sentiments at all.

almondjoy:

If they cannot think of a plan that can keep all the troops all over the world and keep the US citizens from drowning from the wise investments overseas--tough!  They will just have to come up with a way!

what do you mean? there have been US troops all over the world since WWII . . . how did that affect the US economy?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

WoW!

Well, that was a heart full! This is why you need to get past where you are. I like to really hear what a lot of others are saying about these subjects of "change". That in the least has got me to the point of demanding some specific plan on how policies are to be implemented.

You, on the other hand are still stuck on "policies and ideologies". I am way past that phase. Frankly, I am bored with it. I only look forward to July, when things will really start to shape up or ship out! We will definitely get to the nitty gritty of it all. This is "spring break"!

I ask again . . . do you know Clinton's policies? What of those of McCain? Besides poverty what were Edward's (a late disciple of the gospel according to change) policy statements?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by away4real(m): 7:27pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

WoW!

Well, that was a heart full!  This is why you need to get past where you are.  I like to really hear what a lot of others are saying about these subjects of "change".  That in the least has got me to the point of demanding some specific plan on how policies are to be implemented. Obama has yet to prove that he is different from Hilary or MCcain. I don't even see blue prints not to talk of plans! They are all the same in that regard.

You, on the other hand are still stuck on "policies and ideologies".  I am way past that phase.  Frankly, I am bored with it.  I only look forward to July, when things will really start to shape up or ship out!  We will definitely get to the nitty gritty of it all.  This is "spring break"!

Good that you have got beyond that stage, i on the other hand am happy where i am, i am a democratic (Hillary or Obama) thats because of the underlying ideology, i will support Hillary if shes nominated because i knw what the Democrats stand for, pros and cons and the effect particularly on the macro economy. Now i know more why i support Obama, the more i listen to Obama critics the more i know why hes different.

Being bored with policies, thats the reason for the rhetorics, change and all. You can join the debate in July at that stage it gets to Democrats vs Republican, i already know where i stand already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Efcc Docks Kema Chikwe’s Husband Over N140m Land Deal / Abdulmutallab Returns To Court ! / I Only Have Feeling For Niger Delta And Igbo People- Asari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.