Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,400 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Obama Tko Clinton Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Tko Clinton Again (3400 Views)

I’ve Been Vindicated By The U-turn Of TKO Aluko –fayose's Aide / Breaking News!!! court Issued Warrant Of Arrest Against TKO ALUKO For Perjury. / How We Rigged Fayose Into Office - Ekiti PDP Secretary(tko) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ 4play Which joke are u on about, referring to a website. Not every numpty can do that if not America wont be at war. Your statement on preinternet age is at best laughable, i have sought to stay away from issues with people like u (apologies) because its pointless, Obama and Clinton have almost the same policies with slight variations, the core content is the same Democratic policies on taxation, immigration, the economy name it, for McCain its Republican policies never changing so i really don't understand except the people calling for it don't understand the party ideologies.

The devil is in the details.No candidate has ever run for the Presidency without outlining policies but giving policy details is as important,if not more so,as making a broad outline of policy.

If for instance you say you will provide $4000 of tax credits per year for college students,how do you fund it and will there be spending cuts in other areas?Is it through a tax increase,through spending cuts or through borrowing?

Obama and Clinton have almost the same policies with slight variations

I used to think Obama was the man of change,while Clinton is beholden to the lobbyists.If they are offering the same policies,how does Obama represent this change he has been championing?

Unless of course the polices we are talking about are mere boilerplate campaign policies that the Democratic party has been offering since time immemorial.So where again is the "change" we have been hearing?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by TayoD1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2008
@topic,

Can someone please highlight the various changes that Obama plans to make without refering us to some websites. We all know and can list what Bush stands for on issues such as abortion, immigration, iraq, the war on terror, preemptive strikes, social security, health care etc. Can someone please tell us what changes Obama will bring to bear on these important issues.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
Tayo-D:

@topic,

Can someone please highlight the various changes that Obama plans to make without refering us to some websites. We all know and can list what Bush stands for on issues such as abortion, immigration, iraq, the war on terror, preemptive strikes, social security, health care etc. Can someone please tell us what changes Obama will bring to bear on these important issues.

lets back up here a little . . . What were Bush's policies on those same issues in 2000?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

And does Clinton offer that which you seek?  undecided Herein lies my problem with the anti-Obama bandwagon . . . they accuse him of little substance . . . clinton is hardly any better. If Obama had talked about bringing the troops home in 60 days he'd have been resoundly torn apart by media hawks.

those are NOT your sentiments at all.

what do you mean? there have been US troops all over the world since WWII . . . how did that affect the US economy?

4Him:

I ask again . . . do you know Clinton's policies? What of those of McCain? Besides poverty what were Edward's (a late disciple of the gospel according to change) policy statements?

Where in the world have I endorsed Clinton? undecided For the last time, they all look the same to me.  This is an Obama thread so the emphasis is on Obama.  I have stated time and time again that they all look the same to me right now because they are not telling me what I want to know.  Infact, they have not asked me what I want.

Iraq has affected the US economy, yes!  Concentrate on Iraq and pull the rest back!  You can't have it both ways. Or find other ways to reduce the burden on the American Economy.  I don't care how they do it!

Just as I have no reason to endorse Clinton, you have no basis of endorsing Obama either.  They have nothing to offer the American people right now, while the concentrate on how to defeat their opponents. They only see themselves in the rear view mirrors--not the American people and that is my concern. Looking for super delegates right now.

. . . . . And yes those are my sentiments or most of it.  Barack Obama has not offered anything in contrast to what the rest of his opponents stand for--except winning delegates!  When he gets past that--I have some questions for whoever wins this blind man's race!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 7:34pm On Feb 20, 2008
Tayo-D:

@topic,

We have been told to wait till it is revealed.  So his opponents do not declare "open season" on his sacred "mode of change"! cheesy

Phoney Bologna!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by TayoD1(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2008
@away4real,

i knw what the Democrats stand for, pros and cons and the effect particularly on the macro economy.
Do you really understand what the Democrats stand for economically? I find the recent tax incentives offered by Bush and supported by both parties to indicate how ideologically hollow the Democrats are. While the Republicans believe in smaller govts who tax you less and leave more money in your pocket, the Democrats believe othersise.

That both parties believe that the economy will be stimulated with more money in our pockets through the tax incentive makes me wonder what the point of the Democratic party really is. Can someone please reconcile their policy to this action?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

WoW!

Well, that was a heart full! This is why you need to get past where you are. I like to really hear what a lot of others are saying about these subjects of "change". That in the least has got me to the point of demanding some specific plan on how policies are to be implemented. Obama has yet to prove that he is different from Hilary or MCcain. I don't even see blue prints not to talk of plans! They are all the same in that regard.

grin grin

You are still there asking for evidence of this "change" Obama is offering when an Obamaniac has told you this:
Obama and Clinton have almost the same policies with slight variations, the core content is the same Democratic policies on taxation, immigration, the economy name it,

Obama is going to bring "change" by offering the same polices with slight variations.Change by doing broadly the same thing is certainly change we can believe in grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by Horus(m): 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2008
Obama scores 10 to zero with big win in Wisconsin and Hawaii

Barack Obama decisively won the Wisconsin primary last night as well as caucus voting in Hawaii, leaving his opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton, if not quite in the dust then certainly battling the perception that her once formidable campaign has started to fade. Mrs Clinton, long considered the front-runner of her party, has been rolled over by Mr Obama in 10 successive contests since Super Tuesday two weeks ago. He not only snatched Wisconsin, once considered favourable to Mrs Clinton, but did so by an unexpectedly wide margin, partly by mining constituencies that were meant to be friendly to her. Projected results from the Pacific archipelago of Hawaii were even more lopsided. Senator Obama was always heavily favoured in the islands where he was born and where he spent most of his school years.

And indeed he easily overwhelmed Mrs Clinton by a margin of three to one in caucus voting that saw an unsually heavy turn-out among island voters.It was a good night for John McCain too. After easily beating Mike Huckabee in Wisconsin, he put aside his well-advertised superstition to acknowledge that his taking the nomination was now no longer in doubt. With a win similarly last night in Washington State, the Arizona Senator continues to edge ever closer to the 1,191 delegates he needs finally to seal his party's nod. Mrs Clinton had fought hard in Wisconsin, resorting in recent days to negative attacks against her opponent in a frantic bid to halt his sudden burst of momentum. Not only did she fail, but last night she watched as Mr Obama defeated her in almost every region of the state and with nearly every type of voter, including blue collar workers and white males. Even among white woman, he and she were tied. With every loss she suffers, the job for Mrs Clinton only becomes more difficult. Her campaign has insisted that she will finally turn back the tide of Barack on 4 March when two states with huge numbers of delegates, Ohio and Texas, go to the polls. Winning at least one of them is now not only important for the former First Lady, it has become imperative. She knows, moreover, that with his sudden streak of victories  he now has taken 22 states against her 11 .Mr Obama is generating a new psychology around his campaign that is likely to infect the minds of voters in all those states that have not yet voiced their preferences. People like winners. It is notable that while poll after poll in delegate-rich Texas showed Mrs Clinton comfortably in the lead for weeks, a CNN poll this week showed Mr Obama almost even with her. There is also the crucial matter of the nearly 800 super-delegates who may have the power to tilt the balance in favour of one or the other of the runners if they remain essentially tied at convention time. Both camps have been wooing them feverishly. But Mr Obama can expect to have an easier time winning their loyalty as he chalks up new victories across the country. As the networks last night first projected Mr Obama as the victor in Wisconsin, a hoarse Mrs Clinton was on stage at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio. It was telling that every cable news cable cut her off in mid-sentence when Mr Obama began speaking at a rally of his own in Houston, Texas. "Houston, I think we achieved lift-off here," Mr Obama told a cheering audience after revealing his success in far-away Wisconsin. "The change we seek is still months and miles away, and we need the good people of Texas to help us get there." Mrs Clinton, by contrast, omitted all mention of her Wisconsin loss, although aides said she did telephone her rival to congratulate him. But at the microphone she targeted Mr Obama for not having the necessary experience to be President. "Both Senator Obama and I would make history," she declared. "But only one of us is ready on day one to be commander in chief, ready to manage our economy, and ready to defeat the Republicans. Only one of us has spent 35 years being a doer, a fighter and a champion for those who need a voice." In Hawaii, Mrs Clinton benefited from heavy support from most of the Pineapple State union movement as well as from its popular senior Senator, Daniel Inouye. Her daughter, Chelsea, meanwhile, spent the last several days campaigning in the islands. In the end, however, none of this helped beat off Mr Obama and his home-boy advantage. While Mr McCain was celebrating, Republican pundits noted that turn-out in Wisconsin among party members had been extremely well. The comparative lack of enthusiasm in the party does not bode well for a battle against the Democrats in November. "For the Republicans this was a very disturbing night because of the turnout," David Frum, a Republican strategist warned.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-scores-10-to-zero-with-big-win-in-wisconsin-and-hawaii-784424.html
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

Iraq has affected the US economy, yes!  Concentrate on Iraq and pull the rest back!  You can't have it both ways. Or find other ways to reduce the burden on the American Economy.  I don't care how they do it!

no wahala. I have not endorsed Obama either . . . i have adopted the customary Nigerian attitude of siddon look.

I have said 100x and i wont repeat it again, you cant remove US troops stationed abroad . . . they are there for strategic purposes. . . that the rest of u cant see beyond ur noses is not the fault of the government. These troops have been there since WWII, why have they now suddenly become a burden on the economy? Clear sign u dont know what u are talking about.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by naijadiva2(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2008

Winning Hawaii was quite obvious since he's from there.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

no wahala. I have not endorsed Obama either . . . i have adopted the customary Nigerian attitude of siddon look.

The way una dey talk of this endorsement,like una carry the same cachet as Kennedy or Oprah. grin Your endorsement of APGA no make any difference in the Nigerian elections grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

grin grin

You are still there asking for evidence of this "change" Obama is offering when an Obamaniac has told you this:
Obama is going to bring "change" by offering the same polices with slight variations.Change by doing broadly the same thing is certainly change we can believe in grin

Look, I don't care who wins this race.  I am a democrat--will always be.  If they do not come up with something meaningful--I will have to scoot on down to the other side.  I want the best person for America not just the party.  I have a lot of questions for them and this their "change"! We all want change.

HOW!  WHEN! WHAT! WHERE! of it all is what I want to know!  Immigration especially!  See how they are all dancing around hispanics without even mentioning the word "border"?  Please tell me how you intend to protect the borders so we can keep American jobs and ensure safety? undecided

SIMPLE!
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

The way una dey talk of this endorsement,like una carry the same cachet as Kennedy or Oprah. grin Your endorsement of APGA no make any difference in the Nigerian elections grin

grin grin cheesy no be our fault.

almondjoy:

HOW! WHEN! WHAT! WHERE! of it all is what I want to know! Immigration especially! See how they are all dancing around hispanics without even mentioning the word "border"? Please tell me how you intend to protect the borders so we can keep American jobs and ensure safety? undecided

and even if they secure the border what about outsourcing of jobs? Illegal immigration is not what is stealing jobs, it is the outsourcing of every single industry to Asia. Imagine i ordered an Ipod from the apple website and it got shipped from China, my hanes underwear is from Pakistan shocked . . . is that the fault of leaky borders?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

no wahala. I have not endorsed Obama either . . . i[b] have adopted the customary Nigerian attitude of siddon look. [/b]

I have said 100x and i wont repeat it again, you can't remove US troops stationed abroad . . . they are there for strategic purposes. . . that the rest of u can't see beyond your noses is not the fault of the government. These troops have been there since WWII, why have they now suddenly become a burden on the economy? Clear sign u don't know what u are talking about.

I don't know what I am talking about?  Okay!  I have said it 1000X and would not repeat it again either. I don't care how they do it. The debt package is way up there to China especially.  When China buys the whole of American--they would find a way then!

Why must the US keep hyper-extendin' itself at the expense of the American citizens?  The troops have been there since 00000BC, I understand.  But we did not have Iraq and Afghanistan.  You are here seekin' to keep the existing policies in place--just like Obama and the rest of the crew are doing.  Without tellin' us how they intend to make things better. Do we just sit down and fold our arms?  What do you recommend if my suggestions are not to your most "understanding" mind? undecided

Do you have any solutions to "change" like I would like to ask our dear politicians?

You ding everything like a true Nigerian, but can never come up with one "solution" for "change" yourself. What kind of politics is that if I may ask? If you were to advice this Obama guy or any politician for that matter how would you handle the war in Iraq. Do you have any idea at all? undecided
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2008
Tayo-D:

@topic,

David Axelrod or David Plouffe are not Nigerians let alone being members of nairaland.

You have as much responsibility to show us that Obama's claim to Change is a hoax as we have to prove that it is real. Why not start by telling us how similar his policies are to Gorge W. Bush.

It is also interesting that you are more interested with a defence of Obama without any reference to any website. God knows how you plan to ascertain what the person says.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by away4real(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
Tayo-D:

@away4real,
Do you really understand what the Democrats stand for economically? I find the recent tax incentives offered by Bush and supported by both parties to indicate how ideologically hollow the Democrats are. While the Republicans believe in smaller govts who tax you less and leave more money in your pocket, the Democrats believe othersise.

That both parties believe that the economy will be stimulated with more money in our pockets through the tax incentive makes me wonder what the point of the Democratic party really is. Can someone please reconcile their policy to this action?

@ tayo, let me start by asking you a small question, what is the difference if any between the recent tax incentives and the tax breaks previously granted by Bush.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

and even if they secure the border what about outsourcing of jobs? Illegal immigration is not what is stealing jobs, it is the outsourcing of every single industry to Asia. Imagine i ordered an Ipod from the apple website and it got shipped from China, my hanes underwear is from Pakistan shocked . . . is that the fault of leaky borders?

Outsourcing doesn't as a whole steal jobs.Its about comparative advantage

If there was no outsourcing,you would have to pay more for those goods you bought.If you had to pay more for each good,you will have less to pay for others.If you have less to pay for others,less money in your pockets means less spending generally which means the economy suffers.When you take all that in total,you find that outsourcing has net benefits.

It allows countries to concentrate on where they have comparative advantage thereby ensuring lower costs and keeping the economy efficient
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by TayoD1(m): 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Mckren,

You have as much responsibility to show us that Obama's claim to Change is a hoax as we have to prove that it is real. Why not start by telling us how similar his policies are to Gorge W. Bush.
No way, the onus is on you who is talking about change to tell us what changes you will bring about. How can you tell me to prove you will make changes that you are boasting that you will make. The burden of proof is on you. The fact is, I like Georgie's policies, though he has started to cave in to pressure especially with respect to illegal immigration. His policy for the troop surge which Obama opposed worked out very well. Obama believe in preemptive strike just like Georgie (he said this much during the debates).

It is also interesting that you are more interested with a defence of Obama without any reference to any website. God knows how you plan to ascertain what the person says.
What I am interested in is someone who believes in such change telling us what the changes are in their own words. Is that too much to ask? Perhaps the only thing they know of Obama's change is the rhetoric.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

You ding everything like a true Nigerian, but can never come up with one "solution" for "change" yourself. What kind of politics is that if I may ask? If you were to advice this Obama guy or any politician for that matter how would you handle the war in Iraq. Do you have any idea at all? undecided

Politics of anything goes as long as i am elected. grin

Lets face it, nobody is prepared for the presidency until they have been there . . . i'm sure if we asked Bush about Iraq in 2000 he would not have been talking of pre-emptive strikes and a war on terror.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
Horus:

Barack Obama decisively won the Wisconsin primary last night as well as caucus voting in Hawaii, leaving his opponent for the Democratic presidential nomination, Hillary Clinton, if not quite in the dust then certainly battling the perception that her once formidable campaign has started to fade. Mrs Clinton, long considered the front-runner of her party, has been rolled over by Mr Obama in 10 successive contests since Super Tuesday two weeks ago. He not only snatched Wisconsin, once considered favourable to Mrs Clinton, but did so by an unexpectedly wide margin, partly by mining constituencies that were meant to be friendly to her. Projected results from the Pacific archipelago of Hawaii were even more lopsided. Senator Obama was always heavily favoured in the islands where he was born and where he spent most of his school years.

And indeed he easily overwhelmed Mrs Clinton by a margin of three to one in caucus voting that saw an unsually heavy turn-out among island voters.It was a good night for John McCain too. After easily beating Mike Huckabee in Wisconsin, he put aside his well-advertised superstition to acknowledge that his taking the nomination was now no longer in doubt. With a win similarly last night in Washington State, the Arizona Senator continues to edge ever closer to the 1,191 delegates he needs finally to seal his party's nod. Mrs Clinton had fought hard in Wisconsin, resorting in recent days to negative attacks against her opponent in a frantic bid to halt his sudden burst of momentum. Not only did she fail, but last night she watched as Mr Obama defeated her in almost every region of the state and with nearly every type of voter, including blue collar workers and white males. Even among white woman, he and she were tied. With every loss she suffers, the job for Mrs Clinton only becomes more difficult. Her campaign has insisted that she will finally turn back the tide of Barack on 4 March when two states with huge numbers of delegates, Ohio and Texas, go to the polls. Winning at least one of them is now not only important for the former First Lady, it has become imperative. She knows, moreover, that with his sudden streak of victories  he now has taken 22 states against her 11 .Mr Obama is generating a new psychology around his campaign that is likely to infect the minds of voters in all those states that have not yet voiced their preferences. People like winners. It is notable that while poll after poll in delegate-rich Texas showed Mrs Clinton comfortably in the lead for weeks, a CNN poll this week showed Mr Obama almost even with her. There is also the crucial matter of the nearly 800 super-delegates who may have the power to tilt the balance in favour of one or the other of the runners if they remain essentially tied at convention time. Both camps have been wooing them feverishly. But Mr Obama can expect to have an easier time winning their loyalty as he chalks up new victories across the country. As the networks last night first projected Mr Obama as the victor in Wisconsin, a hoarse Mrs Clinton was on stage at a rally in Youngstown, Ohio. It was telling that every cable news cable cut her off in mid-sentence when Mr Obama began speaking at a rally of his own in Houston, Texas. "Houston, I think we achieved lift-off here," Mr Obama told a cheering audience after revealing his success in far-away Wisconsin. "The change we seek is still months and miles away, and we need the good people of Texas to help us get there." Mrs Clinton, by contrast, omitted all mention of her Wisconsin loss, although aides said she did telephone her rival to congratulate him. But at the microphone she targeted Mr Obama for not having the necessary experience to be President. "Both Senator Obama and I would make history," she declared. "But only one of us is ready on day one to be commander in chief, ready to manage our economy, and ready to defeat the Republicans. Only one of us has spent 35 years being a doer, a fighter and a champion for those who need a voice." In Hawaii, Mrs Clinton benefited from heavy support from most of the Pineapple State union movement as well as from its popular senior Senator, Daniel Inouye. Her daughter, Chelsea, meanwhile, spent the last several days campaigning in the islands. In the end, however, none of this helped beat off Mr Obama and his home-boy advantage. While Mr McCain was celebrating, Republican pundits noted that turn-out in Wisconsin among party members had been extremely well. The comparative lack of enthusiasm in the party does not bode well for a battle against the Democrats in November. "For the Republicans this was a very disturbing night because of the turnout," David Frum, a Republican strategist warned.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-scores-10-to-zero-with-big-win-in-wisconsin-and-hawaii-784424.html

I rest ma case.  As usual words with not meanings and the quest for super delegates continues!  What did I expect from you anyway?  We know what your thinking capabilities are! Always posting rubbish!

Move jo! angry
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

Outsourcing doesn't as a whole steal jobs.Its about comparative advantage

If there was no outsourcing,you would have to pay more for those goods you bought.If you had to pay more for each good,you will have less to pay for others.If you have less to pay for others,less money in your pockets means less spending generally which means the economy suffers.When you take all that in total,you find that outsourcing has net benefits.

It allows countries to concentrate on where they have comparative advantage thereby ensuring lower costs and keeping the economy efficient

good points. that is why i refuse to buy this idea that leaky borders are wholly to blame for the current economic woes of the US. I will agree that they drive low income wages lower.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Him(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2008
Cinton says she's spent 35 yrs being a doer. Can someone ask her what she's been doing for that long? Anything pls.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by TayoD1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2008
@away4real,

@ tayo, let me start by asking you a small question, what is the difference if any between the recent tax incentives and the tax breaks previously granted by Bush.
It is the same thing, except for the fact that the Democrats arm-twisted Bush into giving some tax incentives to people who don't even pay tax too. In other words, Bush still believes in putting more of your money in your pocket, unlike the Democrats who are into wealth redistribution. They tax my hard work and enterpreneural skills to take care of people who have the same opportunities like I do, but never took advantage of it. In other words, the Democrats tax productivity and reward unproductivity.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2008
McKren:

David Axelrod or David Plouffe are not Nigerians let alone being members of nairaland.

You have as much responsibility to show us that Obama's claim to Change is a hoax as we have to prove that it is real.

Nigerians sef.When you claim that the burden of proof lies with the person disputing an assertion,in this case those disputing Obamaniacs claims of change,you are effectively waving the white flag.

Why is it that the best way you can establish such change is by referring us to a website we have already dismissed? Surely,your belief in the genuineness of Obama's change slogan would mean that you can articulate here on Nairaland why you hold such beliefs without referring us to Axelrod,Ploufe and Obama.com.

The simple question is,why do you as a mature and rational adult hold this belief in Obama's change message?
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
4Him:

good points. that is why i refuse to buy this idea that leaky borders are wholly to blame for the current economic woes of the US. I will agree that they drive low income wages lower.

What is the difference?  If people are used to making $10/hr and you outsource their jobs to people who come in for $2hr, what do you call that.  To add insult to injury--most of these people do not pay taxes  with fake SSNs--never filed for being illegal, then sap the healthcare system with 20 babies per second!

Then send the money they worked for under the table oversees via W-union or M-Gram!

Then turn around and usher in DV-lottery till Millenium 3000!

Please ma friend think again!

Comparative advantage with broken borders is an economical "Foul"!

4Him:

Cinton says she's spent 35 years being a doer. Can someone ask her what she's been doing for that long? Anything please.

Standing by her man! She is also a mother and a wife! grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

Nigerians sef.When you claim that the burden of proof lies with the person disputing an assertion,in this case those disputing Obamaniacs claims of change,you are effectively waving the white flag.

Why is that the best way you can establish such change is by referring us to a website we have already dismissed? Surely,your belief in the genuineness of Obama's change slogan would mean that you can articulate here on Nairaland why you hold such beliefs without referring us to Axelrod,Ploufe and Obama.com.

The simple question is,why do you as a mature and rational adult hold this belief in Obama's change message?

I have no reason for backing Obama.

Ever seen a virgin girl fall in love with a thug?? Thats how I feel right now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by TayoD1(m): 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2008
@Mckren,

I have no reason for backing Obama. Ever seen a virgin girl fall in love to a thug?? Thats how I feel right now.
I'm glad you could make this admission. the truth is virtually all Obama supporters are in the same boat. They do not know what he stands for beside the rhetoric of change. To me, Obama is no more than a celebrity in politics.
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2008
almondjoy:

What is the difference? If people are used to making $10/hr and you outsource their jobs to people who come in for $2hr, what do you call that. To add insult to injury--most of these people do not pay taxes with fake SSNs--never filed for being illegal, then sap the healthcare system with 20 babies per second!

Then send the money they worked for under the table oversees!

Please ma friend think again!

Haba,leave the Mexicans na,wetin dem do you? grin They want to enjoy the same America you are enjoying. grin

I agree sha,illegal immigrants 'shaft' those at the lowest levels of the income scale but they benefit the middle and upper classes.

As long as most Americans ultimately benefit,albeit at the expense of the working class,those illegals will never be fully locked out
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by 4Play(m): 8:17pm On Feb 20, 2008
McKren:

I have no reason for backing Obama.

Ever seen a virgin girl fall in love with a thug?? Thats how I feel right now. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na 'tribalism',even me sef,if Obama wins,I will be delighted. grin

My heart wants him to win but my head tells me he is not the best candidate.Na win-win situation grin
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by McKren(m): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2008
If you read all of this thread you will know that am in no way shallow of Obama's policies. Its been a while I started researching the man even before he declared.

However to think you will zero your mind on nothing and come here to expect me to repeat myself over Obama's policies is simply funny and also an excercize in futility, hence why I told you that.

Your opinnion simply adds nor removes nothing from who Barack Obama is. so why should I worry
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by almondjoy(f): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2008
4 Play:

Haba,leave the Mexicans na,wetin them do you? grin They want to enjoy the same America you are enjoying. grin

I agree sha,illegal immigrants 'shaft' those at the lowest levels of the income scale but they benefit the middle and upper classes.

As long as most Americans ultimately benefit,albeit at the expense of the working class,those illegals will never be fully locked out

America does not ultimately benefit because all you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul and Patricia! For cheap labor, you over crowd our schools and hospitals that people with insurance can't get in for appointments. Not to talk of the increase in crime and the rest.

How won't terrorists sneak in as Mexicans then? undecided
Re: Obama Tko Clinton Again by BigB11(m): 8:25pm On Feb 20, 2008
Do not let us forget or get things twisted.
Without any doubt, Obama is my choice, but the Clintons are not demons as folks are starting to paint them.

Please, keep in mind that politics is a very dirty game and real politicians will do almost anything and everything to get that big "W" at the end of the day.

The Clintons have done and continue to do incredible things for minorities in general and it would be sad for us to allow this ongoing process to demolish all their great accomplishments.

Obama as the next president is a wonderful accomplishment for black folks all over the world; no question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel And The Arab World Part 198894488 / Literacy Level In Lagos Now 87% -adefulire / A Shocking Discovary!!! What Dangotes Soldier's Did, And Dangotes Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.