Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Apology To Jarus And OAM4J - Nairaland / General (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Apology To Jarus And OAM4J (31569 Views)

*~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! / Happy Birthday Oam4j! / Welcome the New Nairaland Political Section Moderator ( OAM4J) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Demdem(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2012
I still don't understand why the thread is still closed. If u don't want achebe in the list, fine. We still have two more names, chief among is the retardeen.
Let the people decide. Don't deny the retardeen this honour again.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Pataki: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:
We do not want to alienate any ethnic group by shaming their widely respected role models. It's not worth it.

Seriously?! Did we alienate any ethnic group by voting in GEJ last year as the winner of hall of shame? Is it then worth it having the hall of fame in this regards too since we seem to be ''alienating an ethnic group''? Now I can see why tribalism grows without hindrance on this forum.

It is your forum, you want to protect your interest above all else. If I remember clearly, Achebe was once nominated as a potential winner to the hall of fame on nairaland. That you are in the hall of shame in one year does not mean you can not jump into the hall of fame the following year. There is no fun in having just simply a Hall of Fame and no Hall of Shame on nairaland. You lot might as well cancel the whole shenanigan henceforth. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by 4Play(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2012
This site is a business for Seun and the real question is whether its decided turn, I'm referring to the politics section, to promoting tribal wars is good for business. If tribal fights drive internet traffic, then by all means encourage the current set of mods to continue.

Knowing Nigerians, tribal loyalties is what defines their political outlook. It might be worth Seun looking at counter balancing the present set of tribal warrior mods with 1 or 2 tribal warriors from the East. Imagine the internet traffic you will create if you have front page threads that sates both Igbo and Yoruba lust for tribal mudslinging.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by bittyend(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2012
Explaining Chinua Achebe's bitternes

Chinua Achebe: What Nigeria means to me
I found it difficult to forgive Nigeria and my countrymen and women for the political nonchalance and cruelty that unleashed upon us these terrible events, which set us back a whole generation and robbed us of the chance, clearly within our grasp, to become a medium-rank developed nation in the 20th century.
http://thenetng.com/2012/02/chinua-achebe-what-nigeria-means-to-me/

^Achebe explaining why he's bitter.

Chinua Achebe: There was a country
Achebe posits that the civil war was touched off by the genocidal ambitions of leading Nigerians, such as the late Obafemi Awolowo, a Yoruba who allegedly could not tolerate the presence of Igbos in the upper echelons of society.
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211091134.html

^Achebe lying against Awolowo; a dead hero.

Tell me why I shouldn't vote for Achebe and why the thread shouldn't be opened to allow people like my humble self to vote.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by bittyend(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2012
Open the thread, Achebe deserves my vote for being the most bitter and unprincipled 'man of the people' ever.

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by bittyend(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2012
Seun, controversy sells and any form of publicity sells as well. I can assure you that Ibos have no other place to go than nairaland because no other forum offers what nairaland offers.

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by bittyend(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2012
Chinua Achebe: What Nigeria means to me
I found it difficult to forgive Nigeria and my countrymen and women
http://thenetng.com/2012/02/chinua-achebe-what-nigeria-means-to-me/

If Achebe can't forgive me for being a Nigerian, I also can't forgive him for being a Biafran.

Let my vote count!

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by OAM4J: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2012
lalaosky: i've been following this saga and i must say it's baffling the extent that people take NL issues to.its shocking to say the least...

I'm an igbo boy.ezigbo nwa afor.ma nna mu ma nne mu bucha ndi igbo and here is my take on this

personally for me, i think that hall of shame thread should not be closed.ndi igbo tupu unu atagbuo mu, ge ihe mu choro ikwu first(my ibo brothers before you criticise me, hear me out first)

i say so cos chinua achebe nor I don't need a thread on NL as validation.inducting him into NL hall of shame out of bigotry doesn't reduce his achievement by one bit.it doesn't tarnish his image cos even those that voted him in that thread did so on personal hatred.it doesn't wipe out all his achievements,recognitions or countless awards he has scooped all his life in appreciation of his genius ways.if seun wants to close that thread(i understand where he's coming from), i think he should do a honourable thing by terminating this process entirely; both the forthcoming ones albeit closing that of last year's own cos by next year, when someone is voted into the hall of shame, his tribesmen will feel disgruntled and will cause chaos.so i insist that the thread should be opened or every subsequent threads of such be CLOSED.

I just don't get why people walk around with so much hatred in their hearts.if i was a yoruba boy, i won't be bothered with the stuff other tribes say about awolowo.they can say what they want to say but it won't faze me.same thing goes to when people call ojukwu names.i just click on such threads, read one and two comments and leave.i won't be caught dead hating a yoruba friend of mine or other yoruba friends i have on here cos a faceless fellow was insulting my hero, ojukwu.may God forbid such.

What has happened has happened, should i still carry malice in my heart for a good human cos of what happened when i was not born?.it makes no sense.i haven't read chinua achebe's book but when i read it, it won't stop me loving my yoruba friends.never!!.i respect him so much and i'm not against him writing about the war.heck, anybody can write his' and i still won't be bothered.

My main fear is that some of us don't know the power of internet.a kid reading this stuff(kids of nowadays, like a 7yr old can acess the net perfectly) can start harbouring hatred towards his friends or people from other tribes.please bigots(be it my tribe,yoruba,hausa or any other tribe) we need to stop this.it breeds hatred especially for our coming generations.never underestimate the impact that internet can have on someone.

As a christain/a sensible human, A HUMANBEING COMES FIRST BEFORE TRIBE!!.i love everybody that loves me and will treat me with kindenss just i would to him.so please my fellow igbo brothers, iwe iwezina unu, lets pay no mind to that thread.chinua achebe has forever engraved his steps in the sand of time and nothing, i repeat NOTHING, not even a threadon NL can change that

ka udo and oñu diri onye obuna no n'ebe a(may peace and joy be with everybody on here)......AMEN...AMIN....ISEEEEE!!!

You are a moderator material.

Seun/Mukina2 note this guy.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Afam4eva(m): 11:32am On Dec 26, 2012
OAM4J:

I'll have to agree with you. Detribalized people are needed in the politics section.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by OAM4J: 11:35am On Dec 26, 2012
Pharoh: In retrospection, many of us might regret our actions on Nairaland later in the future when we finally see the destructive results in reality.

I will create a thread later on how to savage the politics section or nairaland as a whole. The most important thing to say now is that the number of mods should be increased to create a balancing feature that negates the continued development of negative issues in the politics section as we go into 2013.

The section is so polarized now that it is not wise to have mods from one major ethnic group and not from the others. So i support increase in the number of mods which should come from the other ethnic groups in the country that are not presently represented.

We are sitting on a time bomb because nepotism was behind the emergence of most mods in nairaland and unionism among them is leading to organized rebellion against nairaland administrative authority. It can only get worst from here onward judging from the things we saw in the hall of shame crisis.

P.S . . . . seun needs to implement the idea i have concerning moderation in the politics section and he should know how to reach me for that.

Please open the thread asap. Am in support of having a Cool headed, balanced Igbo moderator.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by lateef4me(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2012
Big disappointment to those lining up to replace Jarus and OAM4J as MOD !
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by omiobo: 11:38am On Dec 26, 2012
Now I understand the whole scenario. In my own point of view,Seun fuvcked up big time. Well the deeds has been done,what Seun needs to do is to apologise and call Jarus and his colleague back,not this best regard kind of apology.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Wow, lalaosky has spoken!!

Now we can go back to. . . .

Baba werey ni e! ROFTLMAOOOING....
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Feraz(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2012
Pharoah, in reference to your post, don't forget to paste the link here....thanks....
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2012
lalaosky: i've been following this saga and i must say it's baffling the extent that people take NL issues to.its shocking to say the least...

I'm an igbo boy.ezigbo nwa afor.ma nna mu ma nne mu bucha ndi igbo and here is my take on this

personally for me, i think that hall of shame thread should not be closed.ndi igbo tupu unu atagbuo mu, ge ihe mu choro ikwu first(my ibo brothers before you criticise me, hear me out first)

i say so cos chinua achebe nor I don't need a thread on NL as validation.inducting him into NL hall of shame out of bigotry doesn't reduce his achievement by one bit.it doesn't tarnish his image cos even those that voted him in that thread did so on personal hatred.it doesn't wipe out all his achievements,recognitions or countless awards he has scooped all his life in appreciation of his genius ways.if seun wants to close that thread(i understand where he's coming from), i think he should do a honourable thing by terminating this process entirely; both the forthcoming ones albeit closing that of last year's own cos by next year, when someone is voted into the hall of shame, his tribesmen will feel disgruntled and will cause chaos.so i insist that the thread should be opened or every subsequent threads of such be CLOSED.

I just don't get why people walk around with so much hatred in their hearts.if i was a yoruba boy, i won't be bothered with the stuff other tribes say about awolowo.they can say what they want to say but it won't faze me.same thing goes to when people call ojukwu names.i just click on such threads, read one and two comments and leave.i won't be caught dead hating a yoruba friend of mine or other yoruba friends i have on here cos a faceless fellow was insulting my hero, ojukwu.may God forbid such.

What has happened has happened, should i still carry malice in my heart for a good human cos of what happened when i was not born?.it makes no sense.i haven't read chinua achebe's book but when i read it, it won't stop me loving my yoruba friends.never!!.i respect him so much and i'm not against him writing about the war.heck, anybody can write his' and i still won't be bothered.

My main fear is that some of us don't know the power of internet.a kid reading this stuff(kids of nowadays, like a 7yr old can acess the net perfectly) can start harbouring hatred towards his friends or people from other tribes.please bigots(be it my tribe,yoruba,hausa or any other tribe) we need to stop this.it breeds hatred especially for our coming generations.never underestimate the impact that internet can have on someone.

As a christain/a sensible human, A HUMANBEING COMES FIRST BEFORE TRIBE!!.i love everybody that loves me and will treat me with kindenss just i would to him.so please my fellow igbo brothers, iwe iwezina unu, lets pay no mind to that thread.chinua achebe has forever engraved his steps in the sand of time and nothing, i repeat NOTHING, not even a threadon NL can change that

ka udo and oñu diri onye obuna no n'ebe a(may peace and joy be with everybody on here)......AMEN...AMIN....ISEEEEE!!!
Kai! Osky junior on fire! Lala is operating on a Kirikata level! Ur best epistle so far... *standing ovation* u'll make a great activist.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by beylinko(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
Na wa o, tank God dis issue was resolved soon. Y take lyf 2 serious, u guys(Seun ,jarus n OAM4J) sud lossen up a lil bit. Pick 1 or 2 lessons frm dis n move on
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by ikeyman00(m): 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
@@@@@@

OAM4j

Seun/Mukina2 note this guy

oam4j if those are ur thought then i smell some rat in the cupboard

personally i and surely most ndi igbo couldnt careless if u had Achebe in the hall of monster or watever but we know a lot of people were angered by the motive taken by nl just because some body is bold to speak the truth

However in comparison to those people from the other side it doesnt not matter how much evil their purported hero committed they will be on his denfence regardless

i think that difference should not be undermined but should rather be embraced for our nation building

therefore for a moderator that just comes open with those words u for me sound incriminating and indicting

quote me!
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Freiburger(m): 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
beylinko: Na wa o, tank God dis issue was resolved soon. Y take lyf 2 serious, u guys(Seun ,jarus n OAM4J) sud lossen up a lil bit. Pick 1 or 2 lessons frm dis n move on
I've got the same view, and to hell with these losers trying to ignite the whole thing with their silly comments.

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@@@

OAM4j

oam4j if those are ur thought then i smell some rat in the cupboard

personally i and surely most ndi igbo couldnt careless if u had Achebe in the hall of monster or watever but we know a lot of people were angered by the motive taken by nl just because some body is bold to speak the truth

However in comparison to those people from the other side it doesnt not matter how much evil their purported hero committed they will be on his denfence regardless

i think that difference should be not undermined but should rather be embraced for our nation building

therefore for a moderator that just comes open with those words u for me sound incriminating and indicting

quote me!
Wetin dis wan dey talk? Broad, stop chatting shyte abeg! Wots incriminating and indicting? undecided undecided
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
OAM4J:

lol....coming from oga OAM4J himself, i'm honoured...i dobale for you
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Kai! Osky junior on fire! Lala is operating on a Kirikata level! Ur best epistle so far... *standing ovation* u'll make a great activist.

lol...how we go take celebrate this xmas now?...na for madam karo bukka?..i wan go down low with you o
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by debosky(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:
I posted a chat between the two of us in the private moderator forum. It happened to include your name. That's the "violation of privacy". undecided

You posted a private chat in public, revealing my full name and other details - did I give you permission to reveal my name? Do you know the meaning of privacy or are you just trying to act dumb? undecided

You've come out of the shadows to kick me while you think I'm down. That's the definition of hatred.

You're not down - you're just revealing your natural behaviour and I'm confirming you've done so previously so I'm simply telling the truth. If the truth is 'kicking' you, then I'll kick further.

If I'm autocratic, why did I have to ask the mods to remove the hall of shame threads? Why didn't I just do it without consultation?

If you weren't autocratic you'd have had a discussion in private before going public with your misguided accusations. Rational people ask why first and seek to understand the genesis of an issue before demanding something is removed. Only an autocratic person would want to truncate a democratic process just because he wants to protect his commercial interests. Maybe you should go look up the definition?

5 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by absulo(m): 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
peace
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by ikeyman00(m): 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
@@@@@@

Wetin dis wan dey talk? Broad, stop chatting shyte abeg! Wots incriminating and indicting? undecided undecided

well well well

all i can say is we are smarter than that
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Freiburger(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
lalaosky:

lol...how we go take celebrate this xmas now?...na for madam karo bukka?..i wan go down low with you o
Make i join you na?
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2012
debosky:

You posted a private chat in public, revealing my full name and other details - did I give you permission to reveal my name? Do you know the meaning of privacy or are you just trying to act dumb? undecided

You're not down - you're just revealing your natural behaviour and I'm confirming you've done so previously so I'm simply telling the truth. If the truth is 'kicking' you, then I'll kick further.

If you weren't autocratic you'd have had a discussion in private before going public with your misguided accusations. Rational people ask why first and seek to understand the genesis of an issue before demanding something is removed. Only an autocratic person would want to truncate a democratic process just because he wants to protect his commercial interests. Maybe you should go look up the definition?
Haaaa! shocked shocked

Deborah! Oti o! Ejo emabinu....

For d sake of d osky family, let it go u hia? To ba tu type shyte, I'll deal wiv him.chillax abeg! kiss
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2012

well well well

all i can say is we are smarter than that

No... All we can see is,u is typing wiv ya anuz.

Disappear!! angry angry
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Pharoh: 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
OAM4J:

Please open the thread asap. Am in support of having a Cool headed, balanced Igbo moderator.

Hmm well i just think you and Jarus as moderators in this section can create a thread to ask everyone for contributions how to move the section forward. The issue of additional mods should be discussed and other things like curbing tribalism, fighting and cursing also can be discussed. I believe every member has one or more ideas to drop, so let everyone drop his or her idea there. This is the end of the year and its a good time to iron issues out so that we don't take all these rubbish to the new year.

Feraz: Pharoah, in reference to your post, don't forget to paste the link here....thanks....

Thanks friend for your comments and suggestion, but on a second thought i think am shelving the idea so that the moderators can take care of that. I will contribute to this thread and what ever initiative the moderators embark upon to move this section forward from my initial write up.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
lalaosky:

Book Iya Ewere! Shebi dem dey reserve seat for dat buka? Lets start wiv isi-monkey den narrow it bck down to Amala wiv assorted u na mean?
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by beylinko(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2012

OAM4j

oam4j However in comparison to those people from the other side it doesnt not matter how much evil their purported hero committed they will be on his denfence regardless

i think that difference should not be undermined but should rather be embraced for our nation building

quote me!
Guy, wats a these. Aint u had enough fill already? Stop fuelin bitterness.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
Freiburger:
Make i join you na?

if you go bring some cowtail, catfish pepper soup and odeku, you're free to join but be carefull o, badosky sabi eat wella.lol
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
Lolzzzz....Igbo Igbo Igbo!!! Una wan use wuruwuru and back door to get a moderatorship slot? cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

Lady Dies On Her 20th Birthday From Fire Mishap (Disturbing Photos) / If You Are To Meet 5 Nairalanders / Picture Of Young Men With Laptops: Yahoo-Yahoo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.