Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,116 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

Apology To Jarus And OAM4J - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Apology To Jarus And OAM4J (31699 Views)

*~OAM4J Is Nairaland Moderator Of The Year 2011 *~ Congratulations!!! / Happy Birthday Oam4j! / Welcome the New Nairaland Political Section Moderator ( OAM4J) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by plendil: 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
omo_to_dun: To be fair though, Seun has drastically changed, for had this scenario occurred a few years ago, he would have banned almost everyone on this thread.

I am terribly amazed that Seun is letting all of our posts slide through.

even more amazed he is actually responding to them! shocked
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2012
berem: I hope wont insult oga seun today o! I no wan laugh at all.
Desola dey handle mata! grin grin
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by babapupa: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
funkybaby:

Well, that's because the government of Nigeria has not come out to condemn his book. Duh! undecided which isn't surprising since we've got a slowpoke as president.

If he had tried such stunt during OBJ's tenure, OBJ would have put him in his place !

You fail to realise that what Achebe has succeeded in achieving is re-igniting the fires of tribal hatred between Ibos and Yorubas IN A GENERATION that wasn't even born when the civil war occurred. The bloody book went viral around the world!

Which right thinking 'elder statesman' does that? undecided

Why didn't he write the memoirs when the likes of Adesanya and Awolowo were still alive?

He deserves all the shame, insults and much more he's been receiving.

This is what he labeled a minor mistake. I can't even take dude seriously, his thinking is very elementary.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by nduchucks: 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
To my Yoruba brothers and sisters, in the words of the great artist Ogunde: Yoruba Ronu o!! Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by coogar: 3:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
omo_to_dun: To be fair though, Seun has drastically changed, for had this scenario occurred a few years ago, he would have banned almost everyone on this thread.

I am terribly amazed that Seun is letting all of our posts slide through.

seun knows the truth....
achebe's book has one purpose: to remind his igbo kinsmen to hate the others...to lecture them that the other nigerians are the enemy.....to inspire them to pick their arms and fight another civil war.

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2012
ndu_chucks: To my Yoruba brothers and sisters, in the words of the great artist Ogunde: Yoruba Ronu o!! Nuff said.

There is no ronu in this matter!

Seun wants to go down the path of Achebe and we will help him!
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by funkybaby(f): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
The Achebe man in question. . .. Of what good has he been to his people/community?

Can they really point talk about any meaningful impact he has made on eastern Nigeria?

We all know what Awolowo did for his own people! smiley
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Crayola1: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
I laugh at all these folk screaming "free speech" on a privately owned forum. grin

Seun does not have to honor any free speech if he so chooses, you get to say what you want because he allows it, if you don't like it you can kick rocks and find another forum that suits your needs.

You people act as though if you worked at Coca Cola and started singing praises for Pepsi they wouldn't fire your behind. Yes you have you free speech to praise Pepsi but Coca Cola as a private business can fire you too for loss of business due to your actions tongue

I must say oo Achebe is a powerful man if he can cause to mods to be sacked temporarily shocked

5 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
funkybaby: The Achebe man in question. . .. Of what good has he been to his people/community?

Can they really point talk about any meaningful impact he has made on eastern Nigeria?

We all know what Awolowo did for his own peoplesmiley
grin grin grin
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
funkybaby: The Achebe man in question. . .. Of what good has he been to his people/community?

I agree with you. As a one time governor of the eastern region, what did he do for his people.

4 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by plendil: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Y'll can stop your affected anger; Seun is not longer viewing the thread. jobless people. tongue

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Idowuogbo(f): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2012
Crayola1: I laugh at all these folk screaming "free speech" on a privately owned forum. grin

Seun does not have to honor any free speech if he so chooses, you get to say what you want because he allows it, if you don't like it you can kick rocks and find another forum that suits your needs.

You people act as though if you worked at Coca Cola and started singing praises for Pepsi they wouldn't fire your behind. Yes you have you free speech to praise Pepsi but Coca Cola as a private business can fire you too for loss of business due to your actions tongue

I must say oo Achebe is a powerful man if he can cause to mods to be sacked temporarily shocked
On Jabo! Sacked? How? undecided
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2012

bloody good question!
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Crayola1: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I agree with you. As a one time governor of the eastern region, what did he do for his people.

Writer and politician are one in the same grin you don't know grin
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by funkybaby(f): 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
babapupa:

This is what he labeled a minor mistake. I can't even take dude seriously, his thinking is very elementary.

My thought when I read Seun's statement was "WTF"

That book was no mistake. It was a deliberate and well orchestrated plan by a senile old man.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I think this is an insult to Seun. What if his girlfriend or wife sees what you just wrote. Seun, pls ban this lady.

Afam, I am one of those who takes genuine interest in your comments and dare say that playing the devil's advocate may not be in your best interest. Desola's annoyance is very much understandable although her outburst and choice of words might not be considered appropriate.

What Seun did is totally unacceptable and unfortunate. Lets call a spade a spade. Achebe is an achiever and no doubt he is a literary colossus that has done this country proud. He may have erred by his memoir based on the opinion of many Nigerians, but that is not my call to judge. The threads, comments and users of this forum are the pivot on which the success of Nairaland turns.

The issue is that "the owner" of Nairaland has acted inappropriately (even if he did with noble intentions). If seun had come forth to say that the whole exercise was offensive, then it would have been a different matter. Sticking up his finger at those moderators and the voters equally is draconian as reflective of the average Nigerian leader and such act should not be encouraged in any way. The younger generation is watching us.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by plendil: 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Crayola1: I laugh at all these folk screaming "free speech" on a privately owned forum. grin

even more hilarious to hear their''we put them mods there''. IF THERE WAST A PHOCKING SITE WHERE WOULD YOU PUT THE MODS?

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
Seun,

Please stop responding to these infantile outbursts.These demented bigots want to bring you down to their level. We know them and nobody takes them seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
1stCitizen:

Afam, I am one of those who takes genuine interest in your comments and dare say that playing the devil's advocate may not be in your best interest. Desola's annoyance is very much understandable although her outburst and choice of words might not be considered appropriate.

What Seun did is totally unacceptable and unfortunate. Lets call a spade a spade. Achebe is an achiever and no doubt he is a literary colossus that has done this country proud. He may have erred by his memoir based on the opinion of many Nigerians, but that is not my call to judge. The threads, comments and users of this forum are the pivot on which the success of Nairaland turns.

The issue is that "the owner" of Nairaland has acted inappropriately (even if he did with noble intentions). If seun had come forth to say that the whole exercise was offensive, then it would have been a different matter. Sticking up his finger at those moderators and the voters equally, can be viewed as draconian as reflective of the average Nigerian leader and such act may should not be encouraged in any way.

I don't know if you've been following desola's comments on this forum. She's one of the most ferocious tribalists on here and she has no moral justification whatsoever to attack seun for what he did even though Seun may have erred. It's like satan protesting for the cancellation of the june 12 election when he is the architect of it and all evil things on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Iaz93: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
Enjoying this kasted thread! wow! I so so gbadun this desola...she get mouth die!
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
1stCitizen:

The issue is that "the owner" of Nairaland has acted inappropriately (even if he did with noble intentions). If seun had come forth to say that the whole exercise was offensive, then it would have been a different matter. Sticking up his finger at those moderators and the voters equally is draconian as reflective of the average Nigerian leader and such act should not be encouraged in any way.

My choice of words to one who inadvertently said I was high on crack are most definitely not misplaced, thank you!
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Crayola1: 3:49pm On Dec 26, 2012
plendil:

even more hilarious to hear their''we put them mods there''. IF THERE WAST A PHOCKING SITE WHERE WOULD YOU PUT THE MODS?

They have confused themselves cheesy

Maybe if you paid a fee to join, then yes with that fee comes certain rights. But on a free site, no my friend you toe the line and hope the owner is kind grin
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
If seun had come forth to say that the whole exercise was offensive, then it would have been a different matter.
I think that's exactly what I came out to say, but I'll be happy to say it again: the whole hall of shame exercise is offensive! Thank you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
coogar:

seun knows the truth....
achebe's book has one purpose: to remind his igbo kinsmen to hate the others...to lecture them that the other nigerians are the enemy.....to inspire them to pick their arms and fight another civil war.

Mr Coogar,

You disgust me so much. You re embarrasingly stupid!

4 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
Go google am na! Whats bloody about the question? Achebe dey cool off for america,una dey here dey hit una head for wall.
Desola:

bloody good question!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know if you've been following desola's comments on this forum. She's one of the most ferocious tribalists on here and she has no moral justification whatsoever to attck seun fro what he did even though Seun may have erred. It's like satan protesting for the cancellation of the june 12 election when he is the architect of it and all evil things on earth.

You allude to the error of Seun, yet you can't find any moral justification on my part?

You are dim! And I see that reading and comprehension is not your forte.
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by coogar: 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
wingman:
Mr Coogar,
You disgust me so much. You re embarrasingly stupid!

with all due respect, you are a tool!

2 Likes

Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Crayola1: 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
berem: Go google am na! Whats bloody about the question? Achebe dey cool off for america,una dey here dey hit una head for wall. cheesy

She's not even being serious, comparing a bootleg election on a privately owned site to a publicly funded election annulled by the federal government grin

Why not thrown in Hitler for good measure. You have to laugh at the dummies liking the posts too. tongue grin
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Desola(f): 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:
I think that's exactly what I came out to say, but I'll be happy to say it again: the whole hall of shame exercise is offensive! Thank you.

Offensive to who?

You? The commander in chief of the universe...oh! Sorry, it's only the poksy ol' nairaland!

Shiatsu!
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
plendil: Y'll can stop your affected anger; Seun is not longer viewing the thread. jobless people. tongue

Says who?

You think you have the same viewing priviledge like him? He is very much on this thread cheesy cheesy
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
Seun:
cheesy
Re: Apology To Jarus And OAM4J by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Desola:

You allude to the error of Seun, yet you can't find any moral justification on my part?

You are dim! And I see that reading and comprehension is not your forte.
It's people like you that have forced this forum to this ridiculous level of tribal bigotry and when the owner of the forum steps in to save the reputation of his forum, you're here sounding like Gani Fawehinmi. Remove the log from your eyes before attempting to do that for others.

I'm even surprised Seun has not banned you.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (30) (Reply)

Man Shows Off The Money He Saved From Quitting Alcohol (Video) / Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) / Gov Gabriel Suswan Of Benue State Uses 47 Billion Naira To Buy Pigs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.