Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) (31642 Views)

10 Acts That Lead Some Young Guys To Early Grave / Grave Of D Richest Man In Kuwait. He Owned Oil Wells,Several Hotels & Properties / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by samguru(m): 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
An extremely dedicated dog has continued to show its loyalty, keeping watch on its owner's grave six years after he passed away.

Capitan, a German shepherd, reportedly ran away from home after its owner, Miguel Guzman, died in 2006. A week later, the Guzman family found the dog sitting by his grave in central Argentina.

Miguel Guzman adopted Capitan in 2005 as a gift for his teenage son, Damian. And for the past six years, Capitan has continued to stand guard at Miguel's grave. The family says the dog rarely leaves the site.

"We searched for him, but he had vanished," widow Veronica Guzman told LaVoz.com. "We thought he must have got run over and died.

'The following Sunday we went to the cemetery, and Damian recognized his pet. Capitan came up to us, barking and wailing as if he were crying."

Adding to the unusual circumstances, Veronica says the family never brought Capitan to the cemetery before he was discovered there.

"It is a mystery how he managed to find the place," she said.

Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan.

"He turned up here one day, all on his own, and started wandering all around the cemetery until he eventually found the tomb of his master," Baccega said.

"During the day he sometimes has a walk around the cemetery, but always rushes back to the grave. And every day, at six o'clock sharp, he lies down on top of the grave, stays there all night."

But the Guzman family hasn't abandoned Capitan. Damian says the family has tried to bring Capitan home several times but that he always returns to the cemetery on his own.

"I think he's going to be there until he dies, too. He's looking after my dad," he said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dog-stands-guard-over-deceased-owner-grave-six-190556479.html

9 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by tevinsolt: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
that's why they say Dog is a man's best friend, always loyal smiley

19 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
That's how loyal dogs can be.

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
So instead of reincarnation na possession of dog now cheesy

7 Likes

If only biitches could be so wink

34 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by ejifranks(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
What a loving pet smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Walexsammy(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
wao, dis is unbelievable
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Okijajuju1(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Loyalty.. Indeed a mans best friend..

However, I have to ask how e dey manage chop?! angry

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by executinal(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
So touching...
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Shadyswag(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
That is one very wonderful pet.till death do them part
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2012
How this Dog has been eating no one cares to ask..
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
very touching olorun.... tongue cool
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by igbsam(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
Maybe the man spirit dey come play with am.......u never can tell. Someone once saw my dad's ghost somewhere around apapa not knowing he's late. He booked an appointment with ma dad to come visit him the following day. When he came around, we broke the news to him dat he's been dead 3wks ago, how come he saw him the previous day and then booked an appointment with him? The guy just burst into tears, screaming and shouting. Maybe the dog dey see the man!

5 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
If na Nigeria them go say na witch Dog. Nigeria don over give power to witch so tay them dey get credit for wety them nor no one or two.

6 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by grandstar(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
touching story! Where's my tissue paper? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by ebamma(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
Its better i take care of a dog than some naija girls,if na me were die so,my girlfriend for don find anoda boyfriend one week after,see as dog get loyalty even when the owner no buy am blackberry and brazilian hair

79 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Hadeyeancah(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
This shows that Dog can appreciate/loyal more than human being
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Highest display of loyalty. Really touching!

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Odinaka00(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
@op, hw wud U̶̲̥̅̊ feel if ya dog stays on ♈☺uЯ grave like ths?

#justasking#
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by frankcimc(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
smiley
If na Nigeria them go say na witch Dog. Nigeria don over give power to witch so tay them dey get credit for wety them nor no one or two.

If na so witch Dogs dey do then I am preparing to have witch dogs in my house. I love German Shepherd!
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Enosa1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
what A THING
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Odinaka00(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: Its better i take care of a dog than some naija girls,if na me were die so,my girlfriend for don find anoda boyfriend one week after,see as dog get loyalty even when the owner no buy am blackberry and brazilian hair

Na 9ja babes U̶̲̥̅̊ dey dwngrade like dz? U̶̲̥̅̊ dey compare 9ja babes Ť☺ dogs huh? ♈☺uЯ sis nor from 9ja

9 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Ideasroole: 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]

Its stated above in d post. D cemetery ppl (Baccega n im colleagues) de feed am.
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by executinal(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
samguru: An extremely dedicated dog has continued to show its loyalty, keeping watch on its owner's grave six years after he passed away.

Capitan, a German shepherd, reportedly ran away from home after its owner, Miguel Guzman, died in 2006. A week later, the Guzman family found the dog sitting by his grave in central Argentina.

Miguel Guzman adopted Capitan in 2005 as a gift for his teenage son, Damian. And for the past six years, Capitan has continued to stand guard at Miguel's grave. The family says the dog rarely leaves the site.

"We searched for him, but he had vanished," widow Veronica Guzman told LaVoz.com. "We thought he must have got run over and died.

'The following Sunday we went to the cemetery, and Damian recognized his pet. Capitan came up to us, barking and wailing as if he were crying."

Adding to the unusual circumstances, Veronica says the family never brought Capitan to the cemetery before he was discovered there.

"It is a mystery how he managed to find the place," she said.

[size=18pt] Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan.[/size]

"He turned up here one day, all on his own, and started wandering all around the cemetery until he eventually found the tomb of his master," Baccega said.

"During the day he sometimes has a walk around the cemetery, but always rushes back to the grave. And every day, at six o'clock sharp, he lies down on top of the grave, stays there all night."

But the Guzman family hasn't abandoned Capitan. Damian says the family has tried to bring Capitan home several times but that he always returns to the cemetery on his own.

"I think he's going to be there until he dies, too. He's looking after my dad," he said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dog-stands-guard-over-deceased-owner-grave-six-190556479.html
Okija_juju: Loyalty.. Indeed a mans best friend..

lagerwhenindoubt: How this Dog has been eating no one cares to ask..

1 Like

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Shaw007(m): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
the cementary Ppl feed him. . .its there in the story

2 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Ideasroole: 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2012
"Cemetery director Hector Baccega says he and his staff have begun feeding and taking care of Capitan".
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hmm if you really want to know why that dog keeps staying at it's late owner Graveside , go look for a Dog, scoop some of it's eye discharge and use it to rub your eyes, finally find a graveyard . I can assure you, you wld see many ghosts walking around.

4 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
reminds me of the movie - Hachi: A Dog's Tale staring Richard Gere, Joan Allen and others.

A true live touching story about a dog that goes waiting for his owner at the train station even after his death. very touching movie - it will make you cry a river cry cry cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Fourcade(m): 2:51pm On Sep 14, 2012
Definitely a mystery how the Dog found the place!
Na so im sniffing prowess reach? undecided
Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by Ideasroole: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
ebamma: Its better i take care of a dog than some naija girls,if na me were die so,my girlfriend for don find anoda boyfriend one week after,see as dog get loyalty even when the owner no buy am blackberry and brazilian hair
You harsh o! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dog Stands Guard Over Deceased Owner’s Grave For Six Years (with Picture) by methodman(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2012
I now know why so many people fail exams. For those of u asking on how the dog feeds cant u all see dat it was clearly stated in the post? Na wah o. Simple post yet some cant comprehend. Smh

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

44 Policemen On Election Duty Involved In Auto Crash in Abuja / Recent Pictures Of Accident Along Ibadan-lagos Expressway / Man Shows Off The Money He Saved From Quitting Alcohol (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.