Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out (17308 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by kenflipper(m): 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2008
I cant believe everyone is hostile to this guy!!!, calling him a lazy man wont help. We all know how it is in 9ja.
I m not saying any one should stick his head on the line, cos you dont wanna get busted for helping. But a soft talk and some encouragement will help the man. No doubt 9ja is fustrating even for the rich. very unsafe!!!
Have u forgotten how many prayers u made to GOD on ur interview date at the American embassy
All the fasting?
What about during your blood test?, have u forgotten it and ur prayers that the test doesnt deny u ur visa!!!
The suspense, the fear!!!
we all know all roads to heaven ways aint easy, but for those of us who made it this far lets appreciate GOD and please be nice to one another.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by princeonx: 1:41am On Feb 22, 2008
Ol'boy pls let me know before you kill yourself!

I have an account in Lagos! you can deposit that money you plan to pay for the visa and ticket there before you kpweme!

Incase you're not sure what to use, you might want to check the list bellow and don't hesitate to let me know if you need more list:

Row acid
Battery water
shaving powder mixed with water
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by PapaBrowne(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2008
Wait oh. . . why do we always have to act negative? The guy asked a simple question.If we can't help him, we can at least react positively.
I like Kenflippers comment. For those overseas,we should remember that before we travelled, some were once in the poster's desperate shoes! Alot of people commenting here now, did crazy things to travel out- now we are acting like the most saintly folks.Haba people!! Empathize!

For the sake of cynics, skeptics,pessimists and those with a negative attitude, I'm going to try to help the poster completely free free of charge.

I trust that with the counsel and real assistance he will get here, he will be out of the country in a better place soonest.

@Bigmodo
If you really do need help, I can assist you FREE OF CHARGE, but I'll like for everything to be done here on Nairaland.
Kind of like reality TV! Meaning we are going to document every step of the way until you get a Visa and travel out!
If you are up for it, let me start by asking you a few questions.

Whats your AGE?
Whats your Educational background like?
What Country are you most interested in travelling to?

Lets hope this works out good!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by Goshen360(m): 5:11pm On Feb 22, 2008
@ poster,

its a good plan u have. just try and work it out by prayer and good planning. no body is ready to help anybody when it comes to the kind of request u are making.

take care
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by darkroll(m): 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
well , u dont have to be harsh on this guy , just let him realiase that going to abroad is not the way to success .

@ poster , i have freinds leaving abroad , but till date they have nothin to show for it , my freinds back home in Nigeria are doing better than them .

I have been living abroad for some years now , but to be honest with you , i wish i am in Nigeria .

especially if you are planing to go to the UK, you pay so much bills here , high taxation , housing is so expensive .

heah bro , think about it properly before u make any moves to come abroad .
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by manmustwac(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2008
bigmodo if u want to commit suicide like u said then theres no point in thinking of travelling abroad coz after u commit suicide u would either travel to Heaven or Hell
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by darkroll(m): 4:24am On Feb 25, 2008
You started well and then you ended your post with rubbish , if really you have the connection to make him travel out , and u claim Nigeria is sooooo bad . what are you still doing in Porthacourt.

steeee:

Hi fellow nairalanders ,
There is something going on in these house i find very worried
Why if some one had something bothering and needs advice or help whatsover and maybe u do not have anything offer in kind or anyway else then people start making jset of issues
These Guy needs advice .What i expect from guys is to give u best and and be frank about it, and not just making us that have something not to bother to send from advice these networking i think these how most Asians countries grow and is working .we are now in the Information age and i think we should give our best to all and sundry that will amke a better nation
Someone there other day said he was been threathing and all manner of advice was roaming out streamling the and leaving the issues
These guy has a need to travel. He wants to be a slave in another man country rather be in his own .I think Bigmond u should try gather u money very well cause there is no hope here in Nigerian Government will tell of Visions upon visions i could remeber vivdily when shonekon headed the vision 2000 they the year 2000 will not come now this go slow preisdent that never want to be president is now proposing another Vision 2010 .
Why are Nigerians abroad always dicourages others of joing them to suffer has anyone that about that ?
they will tell life is hard over there ,u propably end in jail or u be selling drugs
Have u ever ask self are these people really hopeless or they just trying to dismear u from having a good life in your ifetime
My brothers and sister Nigerian is a BIG SLUM
Life outside these politcal contraption called nigeria is worth dying for
so i encourage u to put more efforts if u really have u accomadtion money and really can take care of your self for One month just reply me so i can arrange for invitation .Is very easy u can work into any emabsssy if u can invest up to 2million u will be given a visa in most schengen counteries and mostly all asin countries even USA,Uk
Alternatively u can apply for conference or worksops .and u will be better off after 6 months u can do course on certification and become self employed and forget about these DEAD pLACE
Some people will talk about patrotism.Which patrotism ? when we can not a produce or manufacture of anything of standard
Have u heard of what Ghana is doing with Nigerians Business recenty
Men i think these cou ntry is caused .
By teusday the tribunal will throw away these illgeal Government and everything will stat all over and they will start upturning and reversing sale sales of Governement moribound agenices
so my give me a shout lets walk it out
u can reach me on christainokereke@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by emmydee(m): 11:57am On Feb 25, 2008
@POSTER
I may not have enough info about you to be able to advise you on what to do. However, traveling abroad is NO LONGER d ultimate achievement. If u are educated, just cool down, start from zero level. find out what people need that you can offer to do for them. 9ja will soon explode. Just fix urself somewhere.am not saying you should stick on seeking a job o! with 100k, you can raise a voice in this country.

Goodluck!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by emmydee(m): 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2008
@POSTER
I may not have enough info about you to be able to advise you on what to do. However, traveling abroad is NO LONGER d ultimate achievement. If u are educated, just cool down, start from zero level. find out what people need that you can offer to do for them. 9ja will soon explode. Just fix urself somewhere.am not saying you should stick on seeking a job o! with 100k, you can raise a voice in this country.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by oziomatv(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2008
My father is the president of holland, my mother is the chancellor of germany, contact me with 0806xx8915 for an instant access to any country of your choice in europe

Bros no be you say this to someone looking for a visa to Europe?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by Johnny(m): 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2008
Did someone just ask what he will be doing abroad? Anyway, let me leave that for now!

Ol'boy if you can afford to pay for a visa and ticket, I think you have enough money to make it in Nigeria!

That does not mean that if you have the chance (genuine chance) of making it abroad that you shouldn't take/use it! just becarefull with who you give your money in promise for visa.

Life is not easy abroad but its worth the effort!

Matured advice there. Nairalanders who claim to base in America and Europe tend to think that it's their birthright to be there. I can bet that a good number of them did very bad and ugly things to get abroad. And a very good number of them will be deported due to their unwholesome attitudes. Apart from making it abroad easily, basic amenities, which every sane man desire in life are readily and efficiently available. I would prefer to own 100 dollars in America or Europe to having 100,000 naira here in Nigeria. This is were crime rate is very low. The weather condition is very friendly. Water flows freely. Light is constant. Political leaders are commited to giving quality services to the electorates. A land where people work like ant but eat like elephants. And many more.Who wouldn't want to go abroad! I believe in my country. Nigeria is endowed with alot of opportunities, BUT if I have my way, I will travel out of this country. It's not always bed of roses, but it's not also always regretable.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by tipsy289(m): 6:02am On Apr 01, 2008
bigmodo even with runz or whatsoever you do,when u get abroad(u didnt even specify any country)
1) where will u rest ur head to sleep
2) how will u eat
and the list goes on
guy i dont want to discourage you but hold on to what u have cos am sure u didnt think about all this
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by prince84(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ poster

WRONG PLACE TO ASK FOR HELP!!
This people will just end up killing your dreams

look for other ways.

One thing i have Noticed on the Land, If someone has a problem and asks for a solution here
instead of getting solutions or advises

He/she gets Badmouthed, abused, cursed, etc, etc

But my brother the poster,
Life overseas is very hard, evening harder when compared to naija
My advice for is to try and see if you can make ends meet in naija, just try

because out here in the so called yankee
LIFE IS COLD AND HARD, LIKE SNOW IN THE THICK OF WINTER.

bros think again.

But if its realy what you want, please by all means follow you dream.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by HRhotness(f): 1:24pm On Apr 07, 2008
Johnny:

Matured advice there. Nairalanders who claim to base in America and Europe tend to think that it's their birthright to be there. I can bet that a good number of them did very bad and ugly things to get abroad. And a very good number of them will be deported due to their unwholesome attitudes. Apart from making it abroad easily, basic amenities, which every sane man desire in life are readily and efficiently available. I would prefer to own 100 dollars in America or Europe to having 100,000 naira here in Nigeria. This is were crime rate is very low. The weather condition is very friendly. Water flows freely. Light is constant. Political leaders are commited to giving quality services to the electorates. A land where people work like ant but eat like elephants. And many more.Who wouldn't want to go abroad! I believe in my country. Nigeria is endowed with alot of opportunities, BUT if I have my way, I will travel out of this country. It's not always bed of roses, but it's not also always regretable.

Point of correction nothin flows freely, u pay for every single thing u get here.
Thats why some Nigerians who come here end up in trouble, we come from a culture where we get away with not paying tax or bills and getting stuff for free. its so different here, u are taxed before u get ur pay so u cant even complain, if u dont pay ur bills on time, u loose the service, get a county court judgement and ruin ur credit rating. then u get charges for late payment, bank charges, u ruin ur credit rating so u cant get loans or assistance,,,, before u know it u're in debt! Of course everything works but u have to be committed to paying for it!

personally I'll be back home as soon as I can. people are not as warm and helpful here, everything is dictated by rules and policies,,, at least Nigerians are human.

@ poster
I dont discourage people who want to go abroad, as long as u either have a job waiting or have enough to live on till u get a job. The sad reality is that in the UK everyone is on their own and u really cant become a burden on someone else. Its not about being stingy, it can be really hard getting ur life together not everyone can take on additional responsibility of watching out for someone else. It is not enough to just move abroad, u should have a plan in place. Ask questions about the way things work, read all ur contracts and agreement (they mean every word literarily), do research and understand every service u are applying for and understand procedure in every situation.

I suggest u think properly about ur decision. I know for certain in Nigeria there is always something u can do until u get ur dream job, u onlyhave to be patient

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by bawomolo(m): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2008
I would prefer to own 100 dollars in America or Europe to having 100,000 naira here in Nigeria. This is were crime rate is very low. The weather condition is very friendly. Water flows freely. Light is constant. Political leaders are commited to giving quality services to the electorates. A land where people work like ant but eat like elephants. And many more.Who wouldn't want to go abroad! I believe in my country. Nigeria is endowed with alot of opportunities, BUT if I have my way, I will travel out of this country. It's not always bed of roses, but it's not also always regretable.

lmao, u have been watching way too much soap opera's. how does water flow freely the weather is awful by the way, especially winter
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by lucabrasi(m): 4:21am On Apr 08, 2008
pls if you cant help the guy then you are doing more harm than good making fun of him and saying all sorts as if everybody on here were all born in the us or uk, the guy lives in nigeria and he knows what the money he has budgeted for can do in nigeria and he has his reasons for deciding to travel abroad
i wish i could help but i dont know anything about visas as i dont collect my own visas but from what i have seen here ill advice you to make sure you come in through legit means as it will be difficult for you to do anything if you dont,also you can try some schools especially in the united kingdom as the funds you have can still pay for between 30%-50% tution fees which will stand u in good stead at the embassy,i dont know what skills you have but you could try the highly skilled migrant programme,hope you suceed and dont make the mistake of giving anybody a deposit,good lucks dude and hope you achieve your travelling thingy
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by Lady2(f): 2:02am On Apr 10, 2008
Matured advice there. Nairalanders who claim to base in America and Europe tend to think that it's their birthright to be there. I can bet that a good number of them did very bad and ugly things to get abroad. And a very good number of them will be deported due to their unwholesome attitudes. Apart from making it abroad easily, basic amenities, which every sane man desire in life are readily and efficiently available. I would prefer to own 100 dollars in America or Europe to having 100,000 naira here in Nigeria. This is were crime rate is very low. The weather condition is very friendly. Water flows freely. Light is constant. Political leaders are commited to giving quality services to the electorates. A land where people work like ant but eat like elephants. And many more.Who wouldn't want to go abroad! I believe in my country. Nigeria is endowed with alot of opportunities, BUT if I have my way, I will travel out of this country. It's not always bed of roses, but it's not also always regretable

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OGA WHICH MOVIES HAVE U BEEN WATCHING?

Oya u all should stay there looking for ways to obodo oyibo
I will look for ways to invest in Naija, abeg all the dividends can freely flow into my pocket.
Don't open ya eye and shine it well and see that there are a lot of opportunitues there.

Ok here's a tip from me to you: if you can't find a job, employ yourself. Soon you'll be employing others.
Yeah I know the infrastructure is not there, well which infrastructure are those who own their own companies using? Or are they in a different Nigeria? LOL.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by TheSly: 2:08am On Apr 10, 2008
Matured advice there. Nairalanders who claim to base in America and Europe tend to think that it's their birthright to be there. I can bet that a good number of them did very bad and ugly things to get abroad. And a very good number of them will be deported due to their unwholesome attitudes. Apart from making it abroad easily, basic amenities, which every sane man desire in life are readily and efficiently available. I would prefer to own 100 dollars in America or Europe to having 100,000 naira here in Nigeria. This is were crime rate is very low. The weather condition is very friendly. Water flows freely. Light is constant. Political leaders are commited to giving quality services to the electorates. A land where people work like ant but eat like elephants. And many more.Who wouldn't want to go abroad! I believe in my country. Nigeria is endowed with alot of opportunities, BUT if I have my way, I will travel out of this country. It's not always bed of roses, but it's not also always regretable
God bless u big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley
Don't mind all these peepz! although its not as easy as u have said but at least its a billion better than naija!

--------->Prince
I came to US for holidays almost a decade ago now na HOLIYEARS
Na wah oo!! cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by jgirl3: 2:10am On Apr 10, 2008
Oh no not again.
If you have your way, try and make it in Naija. There are more avenues for being rich in naija than for you to come and be working as a slave for the white man.

I agree with lady 1000%. Get money for ticket and invest.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by bazzman(f): 9:55am On Apr 10, 2008
I will ask him only one question, how did u make that money you have now??
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by lucabrasi(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
Siena:

Strange how a lot of folk who are advicing the poster to use his money to make it in Nigeria, are out of Nigeria.

Advicing from across the pond, so to speak. It's easy to say, but in principle, very difficult to do. This young man has made up his mind he wants to leave Nigeria, and I believe he will get out, one way or the other, if he's determined enough.

i tire o,if its that easy wonder why some people have spent 5-20 years abroad and they r still there yet they ll be advising people its not easy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by izeek(m): 12:34pm On Apr 10, 2008
every man has his destiny, and maybe his is abroad.
@poster, put everything u have into going abroad, and if it finally works for you then its your destiny.
for me i once tot it was also my destiny to go abroad ( mind u i go still go, but as big boi.)
but somehow when i tried i dint work, i put my effort into something else, and now its paying off.
i work with a very promising company and am ten times happier than i wud have been abroad.
maybe if i had gone, i might have dropped out of school, or be a layabout making some lil 100$ in very cold harsh weather.
but the only advise wey i get be say if u eventually help, remember how u got there and help others here.
dont be like most of our nigerian folks over there who never has a good word from thier friends they left here in poverty. cos when u come back nah those friens u go meet, and they will be the ones to help you. trust me.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by powerofmap(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2008
@poster Don't Give up on your dreams broda and God go do am for you.
But all this Nairaland ppl sef na so una be If someone just speak em mind una go criticise am.
He no easy after Sound Sultan sing finish una no gree come back home yet una say he no easy(lol)
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by ty4real(m): 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2008
lucabrasi:

i tire o,if its that easy wonder why some people have spent 5-20 years abroad and they r still there yet they ll be advising people its not easy
I tire oooo!he no easy and yet people keep staying there and they can afford to open thier mouth and discourage others from desiring to come over! such is life angry angry
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by Lady2(f): 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
Strange how a lot of folk who are advicing the poster to use his money to make it in Nigeria, are out of Nigeria.

Advicing from across the pond, so to speak. It's easy to say, but in principle, very difficult to do. This young man has made up his mind he wants to leave Nigeria, and I believe he will get out, one way or the other, if he's determined enough.

There's no problem coming abroad, just as long as those who want to realise that it won't take their problems away.

Most people abroad can't afford to come back home. I will use myself and my family as an example.
I am a university student and I owe the US GOVERNMENT in student loans up to $22,000 for my bachelor's and it will cost me approximately $30,000 to do my graduate studies, so by the time I am done I owe the US GOVERNMENT $52,000 plus interest. Most people spend the rest of their lives paying it off. I can't just abandon the loan and leave. Why? the US GOVERNMENT is no joke and they will hunt me down.

Now ofcourse I want to survive as I go to school so I have bills to pay and yes credit cards to pay because ALL of America is run on credit and not cash. If I don't pay the collectors come after me and if I don't pay my bills, no more freely flowing, LOL water, light, shelter. I become homeless. Trust me it's very easy to become homeless in America, even celebrities get there (Mike Tyson and MC Hammer).

Now my mother is a nurse and she works up to 3 jobs to make sure that her children are well taken care of. She has mortgage to pay( u can't buy a reasonable house, YOU CAN'T BUY ANY house without a mortgage). The house to fit a family range from $150,000 - $290,000 (these are the cheap ones). The interest rates are so high that in the first 10 years what someone pays is the interest on the house and have barely touched the principal, so instead of the $150,000 - $290,000 that the house costs the person ends up paying $400,000 - $600,000 on a house.

Then she has to feed and clothe her fast growing children 4 minus me 3. To buy food to feed my teenage brother alone costs her $100 per month and then add my 2 sisters and you have $300 per month for food. Then let's talk of clothes, for all 3 children it costs my mum approximately $7,000 per year.
Then there's education. Even though school up to secondary is free they still have to buy materials for their classrooms and trust me they don't come cheap. When you're done buying boards and books and arts and crafts materials for projects in schools your wallet will have downsized a lot. We recycle everything in my house. Things I used in school are what they will be using.

Then there's her car that she uses to run to work and run errands and take the children everywhere. She has to pay her car note (I told you EVERYTHING is on credit) and she has to pay for the upkeep of her car, God forbid one day it breaks down, then we're all screwed. You don't have a car, u can't get to work, you get sacked, say goodbye to all the luxuries of life. Yeah you don't have a car so why not catch a taxi? Well because taxis run on meters and their rates are really high and you can't afford to catch one that extra $30.00 is what u may need to make payment for your needs.

She makes $4,000 a month from all her jobs. How can she afford to pay for these things? Well through her credit card and she has to pay that also every month. It's not like she can afford to not have a credit card, if she doesn't her kids won't eat or find cloth to wear.
Poor woman refuses to buy herself lunch at work. She gets 5 hours of sleep every night and deprives herself of any luxury because she can't afford it and her children come first.

It's a vicious cycle and it consumes you, tell me a woman working like that without vacation, isn't she moving herself closer to death.

She's my motivation. Let me finish school and start my business, she's never working again and will be chilling working on her farm (because she likes it  smiley) in Naija (where she dreams of)
She hasn't seen her parents and siblings and cousins in 10 plus years. She can't even afford to come home.
So if you think it's easy and your problems will go away come to America.
Remember those who are in America may not be able to leave. In America LIFE holds you captive.

This is not to talk of the stress you deal with when you face the police, your boss, or an ignorant American or a racist idiot.

(I can only speak of America, someone else can give the breakdown of UK or elsewhere)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by bluehorizo(m): 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Lady

God bless you and may all your heart desires come to pass. I do appreciate your sincerity and honesty. How many can be sincere as you? Instead,they brag,blah blah blah. I am happy here in Naija. I have a good house and live comfortably,so what else am i looking for as long as i can put food on my table? Mi o le je gbese nitori afe aiye. Bless your heart more.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by lucabrasi(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
yes u have a good house and prolly a good job/car,how many people have that opportunity in nigeria?the fact that u cannot je gbese means u have a choice ,what of people who have no choice at all?most nigerians dont get there and spend a life time abroad,they send money home and then return back to lagos,the reason why u ll get some still there is because they do not have trustworthy people in nigeria to i.e build a house of them,and set up a business plus nigeria being the situation it is people are desperate to get their hands on your money,personally if i had no hope at all and me and my family have no hope of gettn a good education,good life pursuit ill jump at any opportunity even government help to have a good education,the way the system works in the uk is once you are given a loan u do not get to pay it back till you start working, if that kind of system isnt near perfect and will give hope to the hopeless,then i wonder what will, so many children of below 20 who are in kirikiri for stealing a few thousands of naira will be better ppl if they had that opportunity
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by lucabrasi(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2008
for anyone abroad that thinks 100,000 naira(400 pounds or therebouts)is enough to start something,not thinking about the guy's house rent,electricity bills,transportation costs even if its molue,feeding,not even mentioning clothing at all,toiletries while the threat of armed robbers s always hanging, i suggest you come down to nigeria with the same amount,no extra provisions for the stuffs written above and then live on 400pounds and also use it to start a profitable thriving business and im sure the guy will re consider
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2008
Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by TheSly: 12:17am On Apr 13, 2008
To the Poster:

I am going to be as honest with you as I can possibly be.

I am a student in my first year in university in America. I read all the other replies, and I just want to say that I never had to resort to any underhand or overly stressful means to get my Visas. I have never been rejected for a visa to any country, and I have been to quite a lot.

And no, I am not by any means rich. My mother is struggling to pay my school fees. Getting a visa is actually quite simple. People just make it into a bigger issue than it is. The truth is, all the embassy wants to see is demonstration that you have closer ties to Nigeria and you do not intend to overstay in their country. It is when people like you have the attitude of being so desperate to leave Nigeria that they become suspicious and deny you.

I on the contrary have never felt any sort of desperation or need to leave Nigeria, and that translates in my visa interviews. I have extremely strong ties to my country, and I am proud of it to a fault. When I talk to the visa officer, this is immediately apparent, and they know I will give them no trouble with overstaying, and I don't.

You obviously intend to overstay your visa. Let me be brutally honest with you. This is the worst idea you can possibly think of because if you overstay, you are trapping yourself. I am going to base my reply on America because this is where I am, and this is where I know:

1. Should you overstay, you will not be able to find any honest, good paying work because noone is allowed/wants to employ illegal immigrants, and you will never be able to keep a job for long because you will constantly be afraid that you will be found out, and if there is ever anything at work that requires your social security number, you will have to leave work rather than be found out.

2. If you get sick or injured, you're dead. Health care in America costs thousands and thousands of dollars, and you will not be able to get health insurance because you're not a citizen or legal non-resident.

3. Things that are cheap in Nigeria are ridiculously expensive in America. A bottle of water costs $1.49 (that's about N149) while in Nigeria it costs N60 - N80. Just by buying a bottle of water here, you're spending almost double the money. You won't be able to get a car because you won't have any kind of credit history and you won't be able to get a credit card to build the credit history because you're an illegal immigrant. It's a vicious cycle. You can't take taxis because you pay from your eyes, etc.

4. You will never be able to go back to Nigeria because once you do, the American Immigration knows you overstayed and will never grant you another visa.

The life of an illegal immigrant in America is not worth it. The "making it" that you think will happen will not because there are so many processes and systems designed to filter out the illegal immigrants from the citizens and legal immigrants and residents. Making it in America is ten times harder than in Nigeria. In Nigeria you just need to have a good idea, and start your own business solving problems that people have and charging for it. In America, the market is saturated. For any idea you have, there are a thousand other people doing it.

Nigeria's economy is booming. We have been named one of the Next 11 economies to watch out for by Goldman Sachs. I'm in school in America legally and I don't have a job. There are lots of vacant jobs on campus, but I don't have one because they've told me that they have instructions to hold out for the American citizens first before allowing International Students to apply.

And I'm here legally.

Life abroad is not a bed of roses. People here are ignorant, racist, stupid, and downright meddlesome and annoying. There are so many hidden costs in everything. You have to pay taxes everywhere. There is debt everywhere. Nigeria has a baby economy. Baby economies are where those who are smart take the initiative and make successes of themselves. Nigerians need to stop moaning about how there are no jobs and create the jobs themselves by starting their own businesses.

I'm only nineteen, but I believe in my country and I've taken the initiative and started a clothing line. It's doing really well, and my company is only five months old, but the response has been amazing/overwhelming.

If you have N100,000 then you can start something too. The problem is in your head. You erroneously believe that you must "get away" from Nigeria.

I can't wait to come back. America is grating on my nerves. It is grating on my soul. Nigeria is not a slum. I live in Abuja (again, I am NOT RICH at all!!!), and I make the best use of the opportunities available to me.

My advise to you is to be calm. Stop trying to run away from your country. Take a breather and establish STRONG ties to Nigeria, then do your research. Collect all the necessary documents, apply for a visitor's visa, and VISIT!!! Don't overstay. Go and come. That is how to build trust. And not only that, but when you visit other countries (e.g America) and return, you may take notice of some idea that you can implement in your own country Nigeria and make a lot of money from.

So, don't despair. Suicide is rather foolish and overly permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have lived the hard life in Lagos, and I have lived the good life. Now I live the life in between.

Changing your geographical location is not going to achieve much. Changing your mindset can.
Hmmmmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by lucabrasi(m): 2:23am On Apr 13, 2008
@sugabelly
sorry i know u were reffering to the poster but just wanted to chip in,how come you r in university in the united states and not one of the various universities in nigeria both private,and federal?
the mere fact that you are not paying for your fees and your mum is,you have been to many countries and have not had to go through the rigours of visa e.t.c all shows you r above the normal nigerian like this dude,so you cant possibly know what he is going through compared to what he ll face in the united states.

everything you have said about america and all other countries as well are true but the fact still remains thatthe people discouraging the guy all opt for either staying abroad or having an education abroad while we dont know if the guy is sleeping in a mosquito infested house in one run down house or something.

i have not gone through the stress of visas as well and in my own case i was forced to study in uk as i ould have preffered nigeria so i cant realli say i know what the guy is going through but one thing i know for sure is that situations are diffrent and standards of living is diffrent.

if you live abroad,study abroad,have rich or well off or above average parents who sort you out e.t.c i dont think anyone who falls under that category or anyone who has not experienced the same thing can be on any moral highground to tell the guy nigeria is a better option for him,his posting on here and asking for help is prolly because he doesnt want to go as an illegal immigrant but through legit means.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out by TheSly: 3:07am On Apr 13, 2008
Well i agree with most of the things uv said but here are sum flaws!
the people discouraging the guy all opt for either staying abroad or having an education abroad while we don't know if the guy is sleeping in a mosquito infested house in one run down house or something.
This is still my point!

I have extremely strong ties to my country, and I am proud of it to a fault.
Having strong ties does not automatically guarantee you a visa in the American embassy. . .if u don't know . . now u know. . smiley

My advise to you is to be calm. Stop trying to run away from your country
What an advise. . . . .

God bless you and may all your heart desires come to pass. I do appreciate your sincerity and honesty. How many can be sincere as you? Instead,they brag,blah blah blah. I am happy here in Naija. I have a good house and live comfortably,so what else am i looking for as long as i can put food on my table? Mi o le je gbese nitori afe aiye. Bless your heart more.
had it been that the poster was in your position. . . . .he would not be here looking for help so i think you're off the case! cool

Well without wasting so much time. . .

Poster here is the truth cool
It is really cool and sweet if u live in the developed country . . . . . i must confess! cool
Dont let anybody deceive you that its not easy. . .this . . .that. . this. . .and yet they are there! (although its not easy but IT IS BETTER!!)
But i am very sorry i can't help you. . . . but the fact that i want you to get into your head is that!

Living here is wayyy better than Nigeria. . . .if u have what it takes to come over. . .then you are welcome!
Just don't overstay. . .be a law abiding ***''legal immigrant''***** and you're good to go! cool
Good luck bro!! cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Taxify Debuts In Ibadan, Owerri / See Photos Of Flood In Warri As It Rains / Tips To Avoid Getting Robbed On The Highway While Traveling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.