Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19600 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: AND WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT TELL YOU THAT THERE IS SOMEONE CALLED SATAN ? CAN YOU SHOW ME THAT VERSE IN THE BIBLE ? I NEED TO SEE IT. YALL BRINGING IN HERESIES cry

you never preach the bible but occult philosophy.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: and how do you understand this?...

like i said polarity is an illusion. the left side of polarity is what you have chosen to call " evil/satan/bad and the right side you have chosen to call godly/rightious/good...

but both sides are illusions.. God or the truth is not at both sides but at the center. God is in the center.the truth is that which balaces both sides. when you miss the mark on either side it you have sinned... imagine this as a person on-a teeter-totter, you loose balance and fall or miss the mark/center if you veer towards either side. The truth is freedom. it is in the center/balanced. it is that which is real not the illusion..

the verse is basically saying you have to test or verify what others/spirits say to know if it is the truth or coming from God or the center..

this is not what the bible says.

The bible says that satan took Jesus to a very high mountain where he tempted jesus severally.

Satan can poses people and can pass on wrong ideas to people.

Satan exist as an entity.

Luke 4:13

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 where for forty days he was tempted[a] by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of
them he was hungry. 3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.” 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’[b]” 5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me,
and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.” 8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’[c]” 9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the
Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from
here. 10 For it is written: 12 Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[e]” 13 When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: NOTWITHSTANDING, THERE IS ONLY ONE KIND OF HUMAN SPIRIT. HOWEVER IF YOU START INCLUDING ANIMALS AND SINGLE CELLED ORGANISMS, THEN YOU MAY HAVE A POINT WHEN YOU SAY DIFFERENT KINDS OF SPIRITS. AN INTELLIGENT PART THAT SURVIVES DEATH ? >>>> ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7. THE SPIRIT SURVIVES DEATH. THE SPIRIT IS THE INTELLIGENT PART OF YOU >>>> JOHN 6 VS 63

you did not quote what the scriptures says.

How does that scripture support your lies.

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

^^^

how does that support your stand that man is a spirit?

Liar!

Stop deceiving people dude!

What you stand for and what the bible stand for are two different things.
Rut.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
Affiliated:

Your explanation is somewhat inconsistent with what majority of Christianity claims. "The claim is that the personality of Satan is acting through people or using them" But I'll accept your explanation.
The next issue is that I want some terms properly defined.
Who is an ungodly person if there's no alternative for God for the ungodly person to accept?
Who is a wicked person once again?
From your explanation all human beings are satan or have the potential to be satan.
Other than the term Satan, all the other personifications of evil in the bible, are they also human beings? The serpent? The great dragon? The devil?

According to the bible, the satan and the devil are the same personality and separate from humans.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Revelation 20
1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

7When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,8and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.9And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.10And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Jesus clearly states that Just the way He is the Son of God, evil people are Sons of Satan.

dont mind the twister.

He is only here to twist scriptures that he does not know because he will always take scripture out of context.

Yes, satan has the power to poses people does not mean that satan does not exist as a person/entity.

If you do what satan pushes you to do you will die and that is because you had an option to have done what what the almighty God wants you to do but you chose the side of satan and that will lead to the persons death.

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
^^^

he does not believe and does not stand for that.

Whose purpose is Obediah777 serving >>>> satan.
Lol.
Nonsense!
You can only deceive the ignorant.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: "satan" does not exist. he is not a being...it is man made creation.. people as usual not taking responsiblity for theri evil ways have chosen to blame it on a nonexistent satan.

yes he does:

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:9).
^^^
dont be deceived and dont be the deceiver yourself.
Peace
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
TroGunn:

Satan is protrayed in the scriptures as a spirit being, once good, but being after his own wrong objectives in opposition to God and with followership.

Job 1: 6-12 - Walks into a gathering of sprit beings in heaven.

John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies".

Matt 4:1-11 - Converses wih Christ while tempting him.

Rev 12: 7-9 - "And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him".

dont mind them coming to spread lies.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 11:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: MY EXPLANATION IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE RELIGION OF CHRISTIANITY BECAUSE CHRISTIANITY THE RELIGION IS MAN MADE.

2-YES ALL HUMAN BEINGS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE SATAN

3-ALL OTHER PERSONIFICATIONS OF SATAN IN THE BIBLE FOR EXAMPLE THE RED DRAGON IS THE GRECO-ROMAN EMPIRE. THEY ARE EMPIRES OR PEOPLE

4-JOHN 8 VS 44 IS REFERING TO CAIN WHO WAS A MURDERER AND LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING. DEVIL SIMPLY MEANS 'LIAR'.

5-THE DEVIL AND DRAGON IN REVELATION 20 IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE

yes!

I have always said it.

i have accused you several times that what you are using the bible for is not what the bible is meant for, but you will denied it.

Today is the first day you have opened up the liar that you are that you are here in this forum to deceive people called christinans.

I will saved this post of yours so that i will periodically use i it to help those that you want to deceive in the future.

Thanks.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 12:00am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

you did not quote what the scriptures says.

How does that scripture support your lies.

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

^^^

how does that support your stand that man is a spirit?
you are still going around in circles.. but at bolded is where i want us to delved into for now.. i said man is God made flesh and you disagreed.
so i still want you to answer my question which is "was /adama/mould/body before it became animated, lifeless or not when it was first created?".. remove the religious veil and stop the delusion for a sedcond and lets use common sense here.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 12:07am On Jan 02, 2013
greatgenius: ^^^ you going around in circles here... forget about soul for a minute if that is what is confusing you and answer this..
was the /adama/mould/body before it became animated lifeless or not when it was first created?

this is like asking me if dust is lifeless?

Ofcouse, the mould was from dust and as such lifeless.

To you, is dust lifeless?

The bible says it is the power of God that ignited the mould to life, that is = the spirit that did it and the life is sustain by breathing.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 12:10am On Jan 02, 2013
some of you are making a mockery of God without you even knowing based on some of the things you all ascribe to and believe in.. common sense should or the truth should prevail in all things...
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 12:11am On Jan 02, 2013
obadiah777: I AM LOST cry

you are not just lost you are finished and you are a deceit.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 12:13am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

The bible says it is the power of God that ignited the mould to life = the spirit, and the life is sustain by breathing.
ok good so we getting somewhere..
so you agree that the body or dust was lifeless and what animated it was the spirit of God. And this spirit goes back to the owner after death... yet you dont seem to understand why the animated body/man is God made man?

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 12:24am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^ Nice
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 12:26am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

The bible says it is the power of God that ignited the mould to life, that is = the spirit that did it and the life is sustain by breathing.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 12:35am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^ was that an answer to my question? Really.. are you really that scared to think and admit that you are God made man?.. even though the bible that you zealouisly and vehemently believe in ,albeit some of the outright lies, makes quite clear?..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 12:48am On Jan 02, 2013
greatgenius: ok good so we getting somewhere..
so you agree that the body or dust was lifeless and what animated it was the spirit of God. And this spirit goes back to the owner after death... yet you dont seem to understand why the animated body/man is God made man?

the power(spirit) that animated the body belongs to God and it GOES back to God.

Lets take an illustration from an electric bulb.

1. Lets call the body/mould = bulb(glass philament)

2. The light from emanating from the bulb = soul.

3. The current that energies the bulb = spirit/breath.

Without the bulb and the current there will be no light(soul)

if any of the two (bulb or current is absent) is absent there will be no light.

If any of the two (mould or spirit is absent) is absent there will be no life/soul.

It takes the combination of the two to produce the soul, one of it on its own cannot.

So, when the spirit being the power of God leaves the body and the mould goes back to the dust the soul cease to exist.

When the power authority Nepa takes the current, where does the light from the bulb goes to?

Does the light enters the cable to travel to the substation?

If no, what happens to the light is what happens to the soul/life/ (light in the case of bulb), it simply cease to exist. = dead, no more life.

so, the main two things that was put together are the bulb and the breath(spirit) the source of power to power the mould.
Peace.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 1:00am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^lol you are dancing again..what do you take me a fool? .. The analogy you just gave, we've past that stage!!.. its the same conclusion we arrived at this time using bulb and current.. you still haven't answered the question that i asked.. lol
truthislight:

the power(spirit) that animated the body belongs to God and it GOES back to God.

If any of the two (mould or spirit is absent) is absent there will be no life/soul.

It takes the combination of the two to produce the soul, one of it on its own cannot.

So, when the spirit being the power of God leaves the body and the mould goes back to the dust the soul cease to exist.

When the power authority Nepa takes the current, where does the light from the bulb goes to?

If no, what happens to the light is what happens to the soul/life/ (light in the case of bulb), it simply cease to exist. = dead, no more life.

so, the main two things that was put together are the bulb and the breath(spirit) the source of power to power the mould.
Peace.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:01am On Jan 02, 2013
when we talk about the light from the bulb we are talking about the illumination.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:02am On Jan 02, 2013
greatgenius: ^^^lol you are dancing again..what do you take me a fool? .. The analogy you just gave, we've past that stage!!.. its the same conclusion we arrived at this time using bulb and current.. you still haven't answered the question that i asked.. lol

what is the question that i have not answered please?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 1:03am On Jan 02, 2013
Truthislight your analogy left me more confused than before. It seems from your analogy, you agree with Greatgenius but you are however afraid to admit it outrightly
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 1:06am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^ lol dont worry i know he is pretending.. he is just afraid to say he is a god or God made man.. he probaly thinks he will miss heaven when he admitts to it..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:07am On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated: Truthislight your analogy left me more confused than before. It seems from your analogy, you agree with Greatgenius but you are however afraid to admit it outrightly

how?

When i said the light from the bulb i am refering to the illumination from the bulb that is a product of the bulb and the current and when there is no current the illuminations simply died out, it does not go to any where.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 1:10am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

how?

When i said the light from the bulb i am refering to the illuminating from the bulb that is a product of the bulb and the current and when there is no curt the illuminations simply died out.

OK. You claim that the current is the spirit from God and that is what powers the bulb and enables it to be alive. So isn't the actions of the bulb when producing light just the current animating the glass filament?
Just like the spirit of God animating man?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:12am On Jan 02, 2013
greatgenius: ^^^ lol dont worry i know he is pretending.. he is just afraid to say he is a god or God made man.. he probaly thinks he will miss heaven when he admitts to it..

we are created in the image of God.

That is the mind we have/intelligence, other than that i dont know what extra ordinary thing we have that makes us special.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:26am On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated:

OK. You claim that the current is the spirit from God and that is what powers the bulb and enables it to be alive. So isn't the actions of the bulb when producing light just the current animating the glass filament?

now, it is God that sustain the man by its power, yes.

But the current is produce from the genset/turbine.

Just as the spirit is sent from the father.

The current is not the turbine.

The spirit is not God.

When Nepa takes its light the bulb, fan, tv etc that the current from the gen powered will not travelled back to the substation, it simply disconnects and the appliances goes down or dies out.

Affiliated:
Just like the spirit of God animating man?

but the spirit of God is not God.

Unless you want to use the handle of the trinity that does not work here since that will make the current = the generator.

But we know it is the father that sends the spirit.

Please, dont call the father the generator o! Lol.

Just kidding.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 1:34am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

The spirit is not God.

When Nepa takes its light the bulb, fan, tv etc that the current from the gen powered will not travelled back to the substation, it simply disconnects and the appliances goes down or dies out.

Unless you want to use the handle of the trinity that does not work here since that will make the current = the generator.

Just kidding.

OK.I see your point of view now. I thought you believed in the trinity doctrine that states that God, The Spirit and The Son are the same thing "God"
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 1:36am On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated:

OK.I see your point of view now. I thought you believed in the trinity doctrine that states that God, The Spirit and The Son are the same thing "God"

ok.
Ciao.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 1:40am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

we agree on that no need to keep repeating...

shall we

1. in other words body/mould= dust/adama/red clay/earth( like the bulb or glass filament all lifeless.. ok cool)
2. the light from emanating the bulb=the spirit animating the body/mould= soul ( check.. another agreement)
3.check..

likeiwse without body/mould and the spirit of God there would be no soul

agreed.. at this point it is getting redundant

ok

ok i am taking soul here to mean life or living soul..

the light goes out but the CURRENT which was producing the light in the bulb goes to the "source"( using source here to stay with the analogy)

Peace.
more redundacy but ok..

now my question...
do you agree or can you say going by your analogy(since the bulb filament was lightless or should i say lifeless before the current gave it light)then that a "lite bulb filament is CURRENT MADE LIGHT or The illumination is Current made light?..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 1:51am On Jan 02, 2013
truthislight:

The spirit is not God.

Just kidding.
another dancing around.. oh so now the spirit is not God? lol since you want to play semantics here lets play.. is God the father not equal to the son or word?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 02, 2013
ARGUING WITH TRUTHISLIGHT IS LIKE ARGUING WITH A MENTALLY DEFICIENT CRETIN grin grin grin THAT NIGGA DONE LOST HIS MIND IN THE NINETIES grin HE IS A WALKING TALKING AND TYPING SHELL OF A PERSON grin grin grin
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 1:54am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^ Funny as hell

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 02, 2013
Affiliated: ^^^ Funny as hell
grin grin ITS TRUE BRAH

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? / A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.