Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19598 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
frosbel:

The spirit is the life from GOD, unknowingly and by quoting this verse you are simply showing us how Jesus confirmed the account of creation in Genesis.

Let's corroborate it with the following scripture from JESUS.

""Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

Without the life of GOD , either eternal for those who are saved or physical life as applicable to all MEN, we are indeed a 'DEAD BODY'.

The spirit is not a being.

"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:5 <<<< LET ME EXPLAIN THAT VERSE. THE BRANCHES NEED THE VINE TO GET THEIR SUSTENANCE. WITHOUT THE VINE THE BRANCHES WILL DIE AND IN APPLICATION TO US, WITHOUT THE VINE WHICH IS CHRIST, WE WILL DIE SPIRITUALLY. WHICH CORROBORATES JOHN 6 VS 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. <<< THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD, IS WHAT MAKES OUR SPIRIT ALIVE. NOT OUR BODY. OUR BODY IS JUST A PHYSICAL MANIFESTATION OF OUR SPIRIT. THE MAN IS THE SPIRIT. IN FACT THIS VERSE PUTS A SOLID STAMP ON THAT

GENESIS 2 VS 1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. <<< ALL THE HOSTS OF HEAVEN AND EARTH WERE COMPLETED FROM THE BEGINNING. THAT MEANS ALL THE SPIRITS WERE MADE FROM THE BEGINNING. THE SPIRITS ARE THE HOSTS OF HEAVEN AND EARTH ( WHEN IN A BODY ). SPIRITS ARE INDIVIDUAL ENTITIES. IT IS PREPOSTEROUS TO EVEN THINK OTHERWISE. SO HOW DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR SINS IF THE MAN IS HIS BODY AND HE IS DEAD ? ARE YOU SAYING THAT SAME BODY ( THAT WOULD BE ROTTEN AND DECAYED ) WILL BE RESSURECTED FOR JUDGEMENT ? COME ON NOW. THE SPIRIT IS THE MAN. THE BODY IS JUST A SHELL CASING. THE BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: THE SLAB OF MEAT IS WHAT MAKES A LIVING SOUL grin

what do you mean "slab of meat"

meat/flesh is the way it is because of the life force, breath of life that acted on it otherwise it is dust.

It this life force that animated the moulded dust to living thing with cell.

Otherwise it will have remain as moulded dust.

The life force or breath is the cause of the spark of life and sustain by it.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777:
JOHN 6 VS 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. <<< THE SPIRIT IS THE MAN NOT THE FLESH wink

the word sprit has many connotations in the bible.

Spirit can be = attitude

spirit = power of God, breath, holy spirit.

Satan also have his own spirit.

Worshpers of satan display a certain kind of spirit = attitude.

Children of God also show a different kind of spirit = attitude

we also have spirit creatures as spirit.

Be concise with the use of the word spirit.

See:

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the

"spirit"

that now worketh in the children of disobedience,
^^^

the "spirit" of satan or the power of satan produce a kind of attitude in sons of disobedience.

So, the spirit shown by the people of satan is their attitude.

Dont just point scripture that dont relate to what we are saying because you see "spirit" there.
Peace.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: GENESIS 2 VS 7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. <<< THIS IS WHAT THAT VERSE MEANS. THE LORD FORMED MAN. BASICALLY A PIECE OF MEAT. AND THEN THE SYMBOLIC STATEMENT COMES IN >>> 'BREATHED INTO HIS NOSTRILS THE BREATH OF LIFE' WHICH BASICALLY MEANS THE LORD PUT HIS SPIRIT >>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritus IN THE SLAB OF MEAT HE CREATED. AND THE SLAB OF MEAT BECAME A LIVING SOUL. SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD. HE PUT HIS SPIRIT IN THE MAN AND THE MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL. LETTING YOU KNOW THAT THE SPIRIT FROM GOD PLUS THE SLAB OF MEAT IS WHAT MAKES A LIVING SOUL grin

It's clear, isn't it. The "breath of life" is what makes man alive. It's what makes the cells start living. It's what make the brain (the centre of rational thought) function. We die when the brain no longer lives. In that case, we no longer have the "breath of life" - it returns back to God, who is the source of life.

Eccl 9:5-6,10 -- "For the living know that they will die,but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun". "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom".
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
truthislight:

what do you mean "slab of meat"

meat/flesh is the way it is because of the life force, breath of life that acted on it otherwise it is dust.

It this life force that animated the moulded dust to living thing with cell.

Otherwise it will have remain as moulded dust.

The life force or breath is the cause of the spark of life and sustain by it.
i see someone has had one too many cups of burukutu this afternoon undecided
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
truthislight:
The breath was not the soul neither the mould was the soul.

It was a combination of the two, the breath(spirit) and the body(mould) =soul.

^^^ the soul cannot exist in the absent of the other.

When the power of God leaves the body, then no more life and ofcouse no more soul.
i really didnt want to get involved too much in this discussion but it seems i have too...seems some of you read the bible at face value and do not really understand it..

i keep telling you guys you are God in flesh, god made man which the bible glaringly tells you albeit not in plain concise language but it tells you the truth nonetheless..
now lets go with your analogy
man formed out of the dust + breath or spirit of God= a living soul.. in other words the spirit of God is that which gives life to the lifeless body or "mould/dust/clay"... that which is animating the body is the spirit of God or God... we are God in the flesh...
when man "dies" the body or clay returns to where it came from and the spirit likewise.. The purpose of God entering into the "body of clay" is to experience physicality nothing more nothing less...

the breath of God is God's spirit or God's power it belongs to God and as such goes back to God.

The this breath of life that was put into the body is NOT the soul but the life force that brought the mould to life(soul)

what that was put was the breath of life and what that leaves is the breath of life, the spirit of God.
Dont forget that it took the breath of life and the mould/body to have the soul.
exactly at bolded.. the spirit of God is God. when it enters the clay or body it becomes God in flesh...

that cant be since the spirit of God is what that animate the body and that was what it takes for bring the man to life.
[b]Again, the man is the soul and as such it is something else that anima[/b]the man or the soul, or it is something else that keeps the man alive, it is the spirit of God that keeps the soul alive
.thats a contradiction at bolded.. you said earlier that living soul= man/flesh/clay/dust/mould+ spirit of God.
but again even if man=soul and the soul= clay/body/mould+ spirit of God; and spirit of God or God is that that which animates the body then common sense tells you that man is God in body or flesh! A fact

When the spirit of God goes into the mould it came to be the man Adam,
when the spirit of God goes into the mould it came to be a living soul.

So, man = soul sustain by the breath or the spirit of God.
so man or living soul as you want to put is spirit of God in flesh! God made man " have i not said that ye are Gods"

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
truthislight:

the word sprit has many connotations in the bible.

Spirit can be = attitude

we also have spirit creatures as spirit.

Be concise with the use of the word spirit.

See:

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the

"spirit"

that now worketh in the children of disobedience,
^^^

the "spirit" of satan or the power of satan produce a kind of attitude in sons of disobedience.

So, the spirit shown by the people of satan is their attitude.

Dont just point scripture that dont relate to what we are saying because you see "spirit" there.
Peace.
does anyone understand what this brah is saying cuz i dont ? cry grin WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
TroGunn:

It's clear, isn't it. The "breath of life" is what makes man alive. It's what makes the cells start living. It's what make the brain (the centre of rational thought) function. We die when the brain no longer lives. In that case, we no longer have the "breath of life" - it returns back to God, who is the source of life.

Eccl 9:5-6,10 -- "For the living know that they will die,but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun". "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom".

THE BREATH OF LIFE IS NOT WHAT MAKES THE CELLS START LIVING. THE BREATH OF LIFE ( SPIRIT ) ONLY GETS PUT INTO THE PERSON WHEN THEY POP OUT OF THE WOMB. INSIDE THE WOMB THE CELLS ARE FUNCTIONING WITHOUT THE SPIRIT. SAME WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE IN COMA FOR 30 OR 40 YEARS. THE SPIRIT HAS LEFT THEIR BODY BUT THE CELLS CAN STILL BE MADE TO FUNCTION WITH MACHINES. HOWEVER THEY ARE NO LONGER A LIVING SOUL. JUST A MECHANICALLY WORKING BODY.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: does anyone understand what this brah is saying cuz i dont ? cry grin WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ?

Sometimes people tell me the same thing, so I'm sure it's hypocritical, but I never understand what his trying to say either.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: does anyone understand what this brah is saying cuz i dont ? cry grin WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY ?

I thnk his meaning is clear. "Spirit" can mean different things in the bible, even as it means different things in our usage today - including alcohol.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
wiegraf:

Sometimes people tell me the same thing, so I'm sure it's hypocritical, but I never understand what his trying to say either.
YEAH TRUTHISLIGHT NAME SHOULD BE CHANGED TO INCOHERENTISLIGHT grin grin
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
TroGunn:

I thnk his meaning is clear. "Spirit" can mean different things in the bible, even as it means different things in our usage today - including alcohol.
WELL YOU BOTH DO ERR. JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENT MANIFESTATIONS OF THE GODLINESS OR WICKEDNESS OF A SPIRIT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS STILL NOT THE SAME SPIRIT. THE SPIRIT IN A SATANIC PERSON IS THE SAME SPIRIT IN A GODLY PERSON. ITS JUST THAT THE SATANIC PERSON CHOOSES TO USE THE SATANIC SIDE OF THEIR SPIRIT. WHAT TRUTHISLIGHT IS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT THE SPIRIT IN A WICKED PERSON IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SPIRIT IN GODLY PEOPLE. THATS WRONG. ALL SPIRIT IS BUILT THE SAME. ITS JUST THE CHOICE AND FREEWILL OF THE PERSON TO DECIDE WHICH PART OF THEIR SPIRIT THEY WANT TO SHOWCASE. THIS IS CALLED FREEWILL
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2013

lol so there are two kinds of spirits yet all are called spirit? satan also has his own spirit? ok so this begs the question whose/which spirit "created" the spirit of "satan".. my friend there is only one spirit. one God. polarity is an iilusion. separation is an illusion...
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: lol so there are two kinds of spirits yet all are called spirit? satan also has his own spirit? ok so this begs the question whose/which spirit "created" the spirit of "satan".. my friend there is only one spirit. one God. polarity is an iilusion. separation is an illusion...
LOL THAT PHARISEE INCOHERENTISLIGHT IS ALWAYS SCOFFING WITH WRONG INFORMATION grin grin THAT BRAH STAYS SCOFFING AT SOUND DOCTRINE. HE IS A GAINSAYER

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: lol so there are two kinds of spirits yet all are called spirit? satan also has his own spirit? ok so this begs the question whose/which spirit "created" the spirit of "satan".. my friend there is only one spirit. one God. polarity is an iilusion. separation is an illusion...

Actually not correct.

1John 4:1 - "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world".

But I guess the point was just that the word "spirit" can mean different things including "attitude" or "spirit beings" or "breath of life" or "Holy Spirit".
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
TroGunn:

Actually not correct.

1John 4:1 - "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world".
<<< IN LAY MANS TERMS WHAT THAT VERSE MEANS IS ' DEAR FRIENDS DO NOT BELIEVE EVERY LYING PREACHER, BUT TEST THE PREACHERS TO SEE IF THEIR DOCTRINE IS FROM GOD, BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY FALSE PROPHETS' <<<< THATS ALL THAT MEANS. DOES NOT MEAN THERE ARE DIFFERENT KINDS OF SPIRIT
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: LOL THAT PHARISEE INCOHERENTISLIGHT IS ALWAYS SCOFFING WITH WRONG INFORMATION grin grin THAT BRAH STAYS SCOFFING AT SOUND DOCTRINE. HE IS A GAINSAYER

I cant believe that I am agreeing with you! grin

All these bible twisters nowadays. angry
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 4:46pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: WELL YOU BOTH DO ERR. JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE DIFFERENT MANIFESTATIONS OF THE GODLINESS OR WICKEDNESS OF A SPIRIT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS STILL NOT THE SAME SPIRIT. THE SPIRIT IN A SATANIC PERSON IS THE SAME SPIRIT IN A GODLY PERSON. ITS JUST THAT THE SATANIC PERSON CHOOSES TO USE THE SATANIC SIDE OF THEIR SPIRIT. WHAT TRUTHISLIGHT IS TRYING TO SAY IS THAT THE SPIRIT IN A WICKED PERSON IS DIFFERENT FROM THE SPIRIT IN GODLY PEOPLE. THATS WRONG. ALL SPIRIT IS BUILT THE SAME. ITS JUST THE CHOICE AND FREEWILL OF THE PERSON TO DECIDE WHICH PART OF THEIR SPIRIT THEY WANT TO SHOWCASE. THIS IS CALLED FREEWILL

Are God and Satan the same being? But people call one side of God "Satan" or people call one side of Satan "God"?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

I cant believe that I am agreeing with you! grin

All these bible twisters nowadays. angry
THE WHEELS ARE TURNING SLOWLY BRAH. SOONER OR LATER WE SHALL PLUCK YOU OUT OF THE JAWS OF DARKNESS AND INTO THE CLAWS OF LIGHT. WE SHALL DELIVER YOU FROM BEING AN EMPTY SHELL SPIRITUALLY AND WE SHALL FILL YOU UP WITH THE NUTRITIOUS FOOD OF LIFE, THE WORD THAT IS. THE WHEELS ARE TURNING SLOWLY grin grin grin
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
Affiliated:

Are God and Satan the same being? But people call one side of God "Satan" or people call one side of Satan "God"?
AND WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT TELL YOU THAT THERE IS SOMEONE CALLED SATAN ? CAN YOU SHOW ME THAT VERSE IN THE BIBLE ? I NEED TO SEE IT. YALL BRINGING IN HERESIES cry
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 4:59pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: AND WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT TELL YOU THAT THERE IS SOMEONE CALLED SATAN ? CAN YOU SHOW ME THAT VERSE IN THE BIBLE ? I NEED TO SEE IT. YALL BRINGING IN HERESIES cry

1 Chronicles 21:1

New International Version (©1984)
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Satan rose up against Israel and caused David to take a census of the people of Israel.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Satan stood up against Israel and incited David to count the people of Israel.

International Standard Version (©2012)
Then Satan attacked Israel by inciting David to enumerate a census of Israel.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Satan attempted to attack Israel by provoking David to count the Israelites.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And Satan stood up against Israel, and incited David to number Israel.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
And Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And Satan rose up against Israel: and moved David to number Israel.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: <<< IN LAY MANS TERMS WHAT THAT VERSE MEANS IS ' DEAR FRIENDS DO NOT BELIEVE EVERY LYING PREACHER, BUT TEST THE PREACHERS TO SEE IF THEIR DOCTRINE IS FROM GOD, BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY FALSE PROPHETS' <<<< THATS ALL THAT MEANS. DOES NOT MEAN THERE ARE DIFFERENT KINDS OF SPIRIT

I agree with you that's the meaning. But notice how the word "spirit" is used there. Point was the word "spirit" can mean different things icluding "attitude".

1Cor 2:12 - "We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."

In any case, there's still nothing that shows existence of an intelligent part that survives death and capable of independent existence. Eccl 9:5,6 shows clearly what happens at death.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
Affiliated:

1 Chronicles 21:1

New International Version (©1984)
Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Satan rose up against Israel and caused David to take a census of the people of Israel.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then Satan stood up against Israel and moved David to number Israel.

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Satan stood up against Israel and incited David to count the people of Israel.

International Standard Version (©2012)
Then Satan attacked Israel by inciting David to enumerate a census of Israel.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Satan attempted to attack Israel by provoking David to count the Israelites.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
And Satan rose up against Israel: and moved David to number Israel.

Darby Bible Translation

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

World English Bible
Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.
YOU DO KNOW THAT WHEN IT SAYS 'SATAN STOOD UP AGAINST ISRAEL' WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT AN EVIL PERSON STOOD UP AGAINST ISRAEL. YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT ? ANY KIND OF ADVERSARY TO GOD IS SATAN. ANYBODY CAN BE SATAN.

MATTHEW 16 VS 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. <<< EVEN PETER CAN BE SATAN

ECCLESIASTICUS 21 VS 27 When the ungodly curseth Satan, he curseth his own soul <<< THE ACTIVE SPIRIT IN EVERY UNGODLY PERSON IS SATAN. SO SATAN IS ANYONE WHO IS BEING WICKED AND EVIL. NOT A PARTICULAR MAN CALLED SATAN. SO SATAN IS LIKE A TITLE FOR ANY WICKED PERSON. HITLER IS SATAN. BOKO HARAM IS SATAN ETC ETC
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
TroGunn:

Actually not correct.

and how do you understand this?...

like i said polarity is an illusion. the left side of polarity is what you have chosen to call " evil/satan/bad and the right side you have chosen to call godly/rightious/good...

but both sides are illusions.. God or the truth is not at both sides but at the center. God is in the center.the truth is that which balaces both sides. when you miss the mark on either side it you have sinned... imagine this as a person on-a teeter-totter, you loose balance and fall or miss the mark/center if you veer towards either side. The truth is freedom. it is in the center/balanced. it is that which is real not the illusion..

the verse is basically saying you have to test or verify what others/spirits say to know if it is the truth or coming from God or the center..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
TroGunn:

I agree with you that's the meaning. But notice how the word "spirit" is used there. Point was the word "spirit" can mean different things icluding "attitude".

1Cor 2:12 - "We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."

In any case, there's still nothing that shows existence of an intelligent part that survives death and capable of independent existence. Eccl 9:5,6 shows clearly what happens at death.
NOTWITHSTANDING, THERE IS ONLY ONE KIND OF HUMAN SPIRIT. HOWEVER IF YOU START INCLUDING ANIMALS AND SINGLE CELLED ORGANISMS, THEN YOU MAY HAVE A POINT WHEN YOU SAY DIFFERENT KINDS OF SPIRITS. AN INTELLIGENT PART THAT SURVIVES DEATH ? >>>> ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7. THE SPIRIT SURVIVES DEATH. THE SPIRIT IS THE INTELLIGENT PART OF YOU >>>> JOHN 6 VS 63
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Affiliated(m): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DO KNOW THAT WHEN IT SAYS 'SATAN STOOD UP AGAINST ISRAEL' WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT AN EVIL PERSON STOOD UP AGAINST ISRAEL. YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT ? ANY KIND OF ADVERSARY TO GOD IS SATAN. ANYBODY CAN BE SATAN.

MATTHEW 16 VS 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. <<< EVEN PETER CAN BE SATAN

ECCLESIASTICUS 21 VS 27 When the ungodly curseth Satan, he curseth his own soul <<< THE ACTIVE SPIRIT IN EVERY UNGODLY PERSON IS SATAN. SO SATAN IS ANYONE WHO IS BEING WICKED AND EVIL. NOT A PARTICULAR MAN CALLED SATAN. SO SATAN IS LIKE A TITLE FOR ANY WICKED PERSON. HITLER IS SATAN. BOKO HARAM IS SATAN ETC ETC

Your explanation is somewhat inconsistent with what majority of Christianity claims. "The claim is that the personality of Satan is acting through people or using them" But I'll accept your explanation.
The next issue is that I want some terms properly defined.
Who is an ungodly person if there's no alternative for God for the ungodly person to accept?
Who is a wicked person once again?
From your explanation all human beings are satan or have the potential to be satan.
Other than the term Satan, all the other personifications of evil in the bible, are they also human beings? The serpent? The great dragon? The devil?

According to the bible, the satan and the devil are the same personality and separate from humans.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Revelation 20
1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

7When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,8and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.9And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.10And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Jesus clearly states that Just the way He is the Son of God, evil people are Sons of Satan.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
"satan" does not exist. he is not a being...it is man made creation.. people as usual not taking responsiblity for theri evil ways have chosen to blame it on a nonexistent satan.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2013
btw this thread is veering towards a different tangent.. you all should be talking about souls not satan
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: and how do you understand this?...

like i said polarity is an illusion. the left side of polarity is what you have chosen to call " evil/satan/bad and the right side you have chosen to call godly/rightious/good...

but both sides are illusions.. God or the truth is not at both sides but at the center. God is in the center.the truth is that which balaces both sides. when you miss the mark on either side it you have sinned... imagine this as a person on-a teeter-totter, you loose balance and fall or miss the mark/center if you veer towards either side. The truth is freedom. it is in the center/balanced. it is that which is real not the illusion..

the verse is basically saying you have to test or verify what others/spirits say to know if it is the truth or coming from God or the center..

Satan is protrayed in the scriptures as a spirit being, once good, but being after his own wrong objectives in opposition to God and with followership.

Job 1: 6-12 - Walks into a gathering of sprit beings in heaven.

John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies".

Matt 4:1-11 - Converses wih Christ while tempting him.

Rev 12: 7-9 - "And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him".
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
Affiliated:

Your explanation is somewhat inconsistent with what majority of Christianity claims. "The claim is that the personality of Satan is acting through people or using them" But I'll accept your explanation.
The next issue is that I want some terms properly defined.
Who is an ungodly person if there's no alternative for God for the ungodly person to accept?
Who is a wicked person once again?
From your explanation all human beings are satan or have the potential to be satan.
Other than the term Satan, all the other personifications of evil in the bible, are they also human beings? The serpent? The great dragon? The devil?

According to the bible, the satan and the devil are the same personality and separate from humans.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Revelation 20
1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

7When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,8and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.9And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.10And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Jesus clearly states that Just the way He is the Son of God, evil people are Sons of Satan.
MY EXPLANATION IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE RELIGION OF CHRISTIANITY BECAUSE CHRISTIANITY THE RELIGION IS MAN MADE.

2-YES ALL HUMAN BEINGS HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE SATAN

3-ALL OTHER PERSONIFICATIONS OF SATAN IN THE BIBLE FOR EXAMPLE THE RED DRAGON IS THE GRECO-ROMAN EMPIRE. THEY ARE EMPIRES OR PEOPLE

4-JOHN 8 VS 44 IS REFERING TO CAIN WHO WAS A MURDERER AND LIAR FROM THE BEGINNING. DEVIL SIMPLY MEANS 'LIAR'.

5-THE DEVIL AND DRAGON IN REVELATION 20 IS THE ROMAN EMPIRE
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: btw this thread is veering towards a different tangent.. you all should be talking about souls not satan

Agreed. Different topic.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
greatgenius: btw this thread is veering towards a different tangent.. you all should be talking about souls not satan
YOU CANT CAGE THE SPIRIT BROTHER. LET IT VEER WHEREVER IT WANTS TO WITHOUT YOU ALTERING ITS DIRECTION grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Biafra: Stop Talking About War - Adeboye / Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.