Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,587 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19534 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
advocate666:

See what I mean, Mazaje?
This charlatan has turned the tables on you: he is now the one asking the questions and you are the one answering. Why do you indulge him so?

honestly i think it is unfortunat that the "teaching of God's word" should take this technique.

The right thing will be to quote the bible in all aspect and let the bible answer all the questions.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
obadiah777: I WENT APOSTATE BRUV LOL. YEAH FAMILY IS IN TOWN. HAD TO GO REPRESENT. TRUST ALL IS WELL BRUV wink

good.

Just ensure you will not do what Jesus will not do.
Peace
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje:

It has NOT been established that thoughts are non physical; since the entire process that brings about thoughts is a physical process and you can not think about immaterial things, just because I agreed with anony that thoughts are non physical does not follow that souls exist. All thoughts come from and are processed in the brain without which a person can not think. . .
ok for the sake of this discussion you are accepting that thoughts are non physical chemical reaction "under control of your brain". Am i interpreting what you posted above and here, correct understanding of your thoughts hence on the same page
I said acknowledged that my thoughts are non physical but without my brain I can not have them since they are chemical reaction in the brain, that is a scientific fact, do you dispute that fact?. . .My thoughts are non physical and as such can not be measured. . .
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

honestly i think it is unfortunat that the "teaching of God's word" should take this technique.

The right thing will be to quote the bible in all aspect and let the bible answer all the questions.
hello you are most welcome to but you know even paul said that he became a jew to reach a jew, a gentile to reach a gentile. What is going on is we are on an agreed turf - science - which they will accept readily if hard proof is shown.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

a) Let's say that I slapped your wife for abusing me. That then creates tension when we both meet the next day. Is that tension physical?

b) There is tangibility to our thoughts . Our thoughts are memory based. Our thoughts are based on what we have seen and our brains ability to recollect and visualize. So, when you are thinking of something, you are actually doing something physical; recollecting a visual memory stored in your brain and analyzing it. It is a very physical process to make a thought

Hmmm!

I think if you continue like this i will have to remove illogical from your name and let it remain as logicboy.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:36pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: The Mind is a virtual reporsitory where brain archives information. Mind is where brain shares info with soul. Mind is virtual repository, the brain sends info to virtual server (mind) for permanent storage. There are interchange of info btween brain and mind on a molecular level via dedicated nerves in the brain. Its a new field of research in medical sciences dedicated to this and OBE. When we die the mind keeps info on soul and soul comes to new body armed with info of previous experiences of life and that individual can easily pick up on experiences of past life. A study of reincarnation offers insight into mind as memory or HDD of soul.

i think i will have to divide your post into two parts, the logical/rational aspect and the none rational aspect.

Now this:

Billyonaire: The Mind is a virtual reporsitory where brain archives information. Mind is where brain shares info with soul. Mind is virtual repository, the brain sends info to virtual server (mind) for permanent storage.
except the use of the word soul there i will have said that the mind is a part of the brain that archives are stored and use later

this ^^^ is the logical part.

While this:
Billyonaire:
When we die the mind keeps info on soul and soul comes to new body armed with info of previous experiences of life and that individual can easily pick up on experiences of past life. A study of reincarnation offers insight into mind as memory or HDD of soul.

is the "none rational" part and i know that you dont have any basis on how you arrived at this except of some sort of permutation. Lol.

My authority is the bible and so far it is even the atheist that seems to present info that buttress the bible stance while the supposed "christians" have resorted to philosophy of plato.

See this:

"His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts do perish." (Psalm 146:4).

You see, it is the atheist that have ideas close to that ^^^.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf: All this talk about 'souls'. Well, it is a thread about souls I suppose, hence my holding back. Anyways, for all of you pushing souls, people with schizophrenia, which is faulty, their souls or brains?

good question.

Facts dont need too many words to state.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:47pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Contradiction in bold. Energy is physical

All I said was that there is some tangibility to our thoughts. I wonder why you say my illustration is irrelevant

dont mind the intimidation.

Your illustration was super.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

Hmmm!

I think if you continue like this i will have to remove illogical from your name and let it remain as logicboy.

cool

cool cool cool cool
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: what we are focusing on is the "root" which is non-physicality of thoughts not the branch which is some tangibility.

Rubbish!

What is root and what is physical?

Can you state them?

Logicboy is teaching you instead of telling him thank you you came up with that?

Are you not a christian? What is wrong with your bible?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

good question.

Facts dont need too many words to state.
yeah good can you start quoting scriptures for or against the question?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: well its established that tots are non physical. Its not the soul but the brain that is faulty!

so what is the function of the soul you talked about and where is it located?

You have not answered the main question yet, do you wish to go to question 3 like Annony?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: the souls contains the body and not the other way around.. the closest i can come too using humans words to describe the soul will be to imagine the soul like your aura. it surrounds and contain the body within it..when you are ready to "die" the soul simply drops the physical body..

so the spirit or breath of God that was put in the body and it came to be a "living soul" was later put in that "container soul" of yours abi?

Smh for you platonic philosophers.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03: Why are we even talking about thoughts? This is Anony's plan to divert the question.

The fact is simple. Souls do not exist. Our consciousness depends on the brain. Dead brain, no consciousness.

A good question for soul believers is; Where is the soul of a person in a brain dead coma?

the bible teach that the physical man that alive and working that is the soul.
the life that a man have.

It is not separate from the person/man.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
frosbel: The Soul as a concept is inseparable from the complete MAN.

Contrary to popular opinion, a MAN consists of a material and mortal body and immaterial spirit. All a man's thoughts , intellect and will originate from a combination of the inner workings of this life giving spirit and the physical functioning of the brain.

When a person dies and the source of this animation leaves , that MAN becomes dead and no longer qualifies to be called a SOUL. Which is why dead people are referred to as bodies, a body is void of the animated live giving spirit.

To suggest that MAN has another distinct personified element to him other than his animated body is wrong, biblically speaking.

thank you my brother, and that is why the bible says that the soul dies.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

the bible teach that the physical man a live and working that is the soul of the life that a man have.

It is not separate from the person/man.

Yawn.

There is no soul. Just our brains and consciousness.

Simple question....where is the soul of a brain dead person in a coma?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yawn.

You are funny. There is no consciousness without Soul. Brain is simply a physical organ that controls bodily activities including registering memory data to mind. Soul animates all living things, without which there is no life. Soul of a Brain dead person bilocates from the body and almost always hovers above the body awaiting the next signal by the cosmic mind.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje:

It has NOT been established that thoughts are non physical; since the entire process that brings about thoughts is a physical process and you can not think about immaterial things, just because I agreed with anony that thoughts are non physical does not follow that souls exist. All thoughts come from and are processed in the brain without which a person can not think. . .

why is it then that when the brain goes bad thoughts are affected?

Is the brain no longer a physical thing?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

thank you my brother, and that is why the bible says that the soul dies.
Soul is energy, and you should know the basic laws of physics about energy already. Soul is essence of life. You need to understand that Bible has lots of misinterpretations and short comings. Bible isnt relevant when it comes to adept studies about the universe and man. Bible is a wonderful christian literature that can guide the conducts and behaviors of humans but it has limitation. Bible is simply lacking in this aspect.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

why is it then that when the brain goes bad thoughts are affected?

Is the brain no longer a physical thing?
Brain is physical organ, while thought is energy. When brain goes bad thoughts are affected cos damaged organs cant function properly.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: You are funny. There is no consciousness without Soul. Brain is simply a physical organ that controls bodily activities including registering memory data to mind. Soul animates all living things, without which there is no life. Soul of a Brain dead person bilocates from the body and almost always hovers above the body awaiting the next signal by the cosmic mind.

Hocus spocus
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Hocus spocus
Congratulations for your ability to speak in tongues. Hallelujah. You asked a question, you got a response, you disbelieve without iota of alternative resolvability for your doubts. You left religion and got stucked in philosophy and logic even when you have unanswered questions that logic cant solve. I left religion, i moved on to logic, logic couldnt solve, I moved on to spiritism and mysticism and all my questions are answered. So this is what we experience on the other side. Hovering over the body, going to other planes and getting all answers.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Congratulations for your ability to speak in tongues. Hallelujah. You asked a question, you got a response, you disbelieve without iota of alternative resolvability for your doubts. You left religion and got stucked in philosophy and logic even when you have unanswered questions that logic cant solve. I left religion, i moved on to logic, logic couldnt solve, I moved on to spiritism and mysticism and all my questions are answered. So this is what we experience on the other side. Hovering over the body, going to other planes and getting all answers.

This guy is hilarious.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
Martian:

This guy is hilarious.
Yes, funny in a very inspiring way. I guess I need to start stand up comedy. As soul, I am free.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

so the spirit or breath of God that was put in the body and it came to be a "living soul" was later put in that "container soul" of yours abi?

Smh for you platonic philosophers.
did you not read where o said the soul is in, through and around the body?.. I repeat your body does not contain your soul.. is the other way around
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yawn.

another name for the living person is soul.

Another name for the living animal is soul.

Do you need scripture.

Dont be intimidated cause it is saying the same thing with you.

People were looking for moses to kill him, but the bible said that they were looking for his soul.

Meaning that they wanted to collect his life or they wanted to kill him.

Again, they wanted to end his soul.

Living entity with blood = soul.

Living entity with blood = having life.

Soul = the life that they have.

The life/soul is sustain by the breath/spirit.

Same breath for man and animal.

The spirit or breath is the force that sustain the life.

If anybody needs scripture for any of the above tell me.
Peace.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: You are funny. There is no consciousness without Soul. Brain is simply a physical organ that controls bodily activities including registering memory data to mind. Soul animates all living things, without which there is no life. Soul of a Brain dead person bilocates from the body and almost always hovers above the body awaiting the next signal by the cosmic mind.

this is not said to be biblical so i will not bother with it.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 8:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Congratulations for your ability to speak in tongues. Hallelujah. You asked a question, you got a response, you disbelieve without iota of alternative resolvability for your doubts. You left religion and got stucked in philosophy and logic even when you have unanswered questions that logic cant solve. I left religion, i moved on to logic, logic couldnt solve, I moved on to spiritism and mysticism and all my questions are answered. So this is what we experience on the other side. Hovering over the body, going to other planes and getting all answers.

Logic couldn't solve so you just make $hit up?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
truthislight:

another name for the living person is soul.

Another name for the living animal is soul.

Do you need scripture.

Dont be intimidated cause it is saying the same thing with you.

People were looking for moses to kill him, but the bible said that they were looking for his soul.

Meaning that they wanted to collect his life or they wanted to kill him.

Again, they wanted to end his soul.

Living entity with blood = soul.

Living entity with blood = having life.

Soul = the life that they have.

The life/soul is sustain by the breath/spirit.

Same breath for man and animal.

The spirit or breath is the force that sustain the life.

If anybody needs scripture for any of the above tell me.
Peace.
Bible lacks basic information about Soul. Using a Bible to study about spiritual things is like readiing 'Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart' to write NASA's rocket science exams. Bible was written for a generation, if you keep that as your guide to knowing about Time machines and the Universe, then you are equiped with a wooden hammer to repair a Laptop. Using Bible as a guide is living between 2012 yrs to 6000 yrs ago.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Soul is energy, and you should know the basic laws of physics about energy already. Soul is essence of life. You need to understand that Bible has lots of misinterpretations and short comings. Bible isnt relevant when it comes to adept studies about the universe and man. Bible is a wonderful christian literature that can guide the conducts and behaviors of humans but it has limitation. Bible is simply lacking in this aspect.

so it is this you permutation that will be more accurate baaa?

Have you died befor? No? So keep it.

bible is not just "lacking in this aspect" but rather refute this your stance.

I will not bother with you as long as you dont say that what you are saying are bible based.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Brain is physical organ, while thought is energy. When brain goes bad thoughts are affected cos damaged organs cant function properly.

that ^^^ does not really make much sense unless you wish to rephrase it.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by truthislight: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2012

demonic illusions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Oladurotimi Saw Angels Wheeling Onaolapo Away / Bishop Oyedepo Honors Wife, Says She Hasn't Stressed Him In 32 Years / Woman Delivers In TB Joshua's Church (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.