Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Questions For Anony About Souls - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Anony About Souls (19582 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire: To a child, wrestling is comical.

Reincarnation is comedy and those who believe in it are comedians.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
All this talk about 'souls'. Well, it is a thread about souls I suppose, hence my holding back. Anyways, for all of you pushing souls, people with schizophrenia, which is faulty, their souls or brains?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
Billyonaire:
[b]Thoughts are not physical,it is energy [/b]and that energy can be converted to mechanical enery etc. Sometimes when we think hard, we feel heat on our head, the energy is being converted to heat energy etc. Your illustration is irrelevant to the context.

Contradiction in bold. Energy is physical

All I said was that there is some tangibility to our thoughts. I wonder why you say my illustration is irrelevant
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03:

Contradiction in bold. Energy is physical

All I said was that there is some tangibility to our thoughts. I wonder why you say my illustration is irrelevant

what we are focusing on is the "root" which is non-physicality of thoughts not the branch which is some tangibility.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Thanks bro, You are a blessing
you welcome
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf: All this talk about 'souls'. Well, it is a thread about souls I suppose, hence my holding back. Anyways, for all of you pushing souls, people with schizophrenia, which is faulty, their souls or brains?
well its established that tots are non physical. Its not the soul but the brain that is faulty!
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
advocate666: Look at these people. You have to first of all agree on what a soul is before coming to preach to atheists.

This one says the body contains the soul

This one says the soul contains the body.

Which is which?
the souls contains the body and not the other way around.. the closest i can come too using humans words to describe the soul will be to imagine the soul like your aura. it surrounds and contain the body within it..when you are ready to "die" the soul simply drops the physical body..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Why are we even talking about thoughts? This is Anony's plan to divert the question.

The fact is simple. Souls do not exist. Our consciousness depends on the brain. Dead brain, no consciousness.

A good question for soul believers is; Where is the soul of a person in a brain dead coma?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
The Soul as a concept is inseparable from the complete MAN.

Contrary to popular opinion, a MAN consists of a material and mortal body and immaterial spirit. All a man's thoughts , intellect and will originate from a combination of the inner workings of this life giving spirit and the physical functioning of the brain.

When a person dies and the source of this animation leaves , that MAN becomes dead and no longer qualifies to be called a SOUL. Which is why dead people are referred to as bodies, a body is void of the animated live giving spirit.

To suggest that MAN has another distinct personified element to him other than his animated body is wrong, biblically speaking.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: well its established that tots are non physical. Its not the soul but the brain that is faulty!

When was it established that thoughts are non physical?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by advocate666: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: the souls contains the body and not the other way around.. the closest i can come too using humans words to describe the soul will be to imagine the soul like your aura. it surrounds and contain the body within it..when you are ready to "die" the soul simply drops the physical body..

Don't try to convice me. Convince your ehm,... soulmate, Annony.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: the souls contains the body and not the other way around.. the closest i can come too using humans words to describe the soul will be to imagine the soul like your aura. it surrounds and contain the body within it..when you are ready to "die" the soul simply drops the physical body..
this is something to ponder and weigh it scripturally. Hmm hmm
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03: Why are we even talking about thoughts? This is Anony's plan to divert the question.

The fact is simple. Souls do not exist. Our consciousness depends on the brain. Dead brain, no consciousness.

A good question for soul believers is; Where is the soul of a person in a brain dead coma?
its not divertion, but to start from the known - brain = thoughts = soul. Since its established that thoughts are non physical, the possible question might be "where" is it coming from... Lets wait for kwetion 3 enjoy
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2012
advocate666:

Don't try to convice me. Convince your ehm,... soulmate, Annony.
lol about soulmate Annony... but seriously though my job is not to convince but have people examine their limiting beliefs.. most people have things backwards..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

When was it established that thoughts are non physical?
read mazaje's posts where he emphatically stated that thoughts are non physical but under "the control of the brain". You can simply read mazaje's posts
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: read mazaje's posts where he emphatically stated that thoughts are non physical but under "the control of the brain". You can simply read mazaje's posts

Again, when was this established? Mazaje says so does not equal established fact.

In what ways physical anyways?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
the truth that we are all one is not only a metaphysical truth but a physical one as well... you dont have to die or go to the spiritual realm to know and undrstand that we are all connected and one.. the soul is that which connects and contains us all and everything in the universe.. we are one. there is only one soul that individuated into the many..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: the truth that we are all one is not only a metaphysical truth but a physical one as well... you dont have to die or go to the spiritual realm to know and undrstand that we are all connected and one.. the soul is that which connects and contains us all and everything in the universe.. we are one. there is only one soul that individuated into the many..

Wrong on all counts !
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2012
ok fair enough tell me whats wrong.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Why then was it so hard for you to simply agree when I said this:

So have you now agreed that there is an aspect of you that is non-physical? Can we move on to question 3 now?

I will accept that the chemical reactions in my brain are responsible for thoughts which are non physical. . . .The entire process is a physical process because thoughts are simply memories that depend solely on physical things, you can only think about physical and material things. . . .
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: ok fair enough tell me whats wrong.

MAN is a SOUL , currently , about 6 billions souls exist on this planet and they are totally independent from each other.

The suggestion that we came from ONE SOUL is just plain false.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: the truth that we are all one is not only a metaphysical truth but a physical one as well... you dont have to die or go to the spiritual realm to know and undrstand that we are all connected and one.. the soul is that which connects and contains us all and everything in the universe.. we are one. there is only one soul that individuated into the many..

The scientific evidence for this postulation is what?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Logicboy03: Why are we even talking about thoughts? This is Anony's plan to divert the question.

They will never answer.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
wiegraf:

Again, when was this established? Mazaje says so does not equal established fact.

In what ways physical anyways?
well mazaje will definitely quote where his facts were gotten for you.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by mazaje(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
hisblud: its not divertion, but to start from the known - brain = thoughts = soul. Since its established that thoughts are non physical, the possible question might be "where" is it coming from... Lets wait for kwetion 3 enjoy

It has NOT been established that thoughts are non physical; since the entire process that brings about thoughts is a physical process and you can not think about immaterial things, just because I agreed with anony that thoughts are non physical does not follow that souls exist. All thoughts come from and are processed in the brain without which a person can not think. . .
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
frosbel:

MAN is a SOUL , currently , about 6 billions souls exist on this planet and they are totally independent from each other.
the illusion is, you think you are seperate but you are not... man is not only a soul but body mind as well..

The suggestion that we came from ONE SOUL is just plain false.
whats the false in it? is there any other soul apart from the soul of God? does something else exist outside of God?
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by wiegraf: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: lol about soulmate Annony... but seriously though my job is not to convince but have people examine their limiting beliefs.. most people have things backwards..

Have what backwards? Truth, where? This soul and god you keep harping about as if they were established fact, when? You probably should define them properly
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
mazaje:

The scientific evidence for this postulation is what?
since you want scientific proof.. are you not an energy being? God is all there is..God is energy/univrsal force/infinite intelligence/chi/reiki energy/life force energy or whate ever name you want to call it..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
greatgenius: the illusion is, you think you are seperate but you are not... man is not only a soul but body mind as well..

MAN is a SOUL .

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." - Genesis 2:7

2 stages :

1. Man was made from the dust , at this point he was inanimate, souless , dead.
2. God breathed life into man, and he became an animated creature or a soul in essence.

I agree with you that MAN is made up of spirit ( immaterial ) and body ( material ).

whats the false in it? is there any other soul apart from the soul of God? does something else exist outside of God?

GOD is the source of ALL life , no doubt, but this life is not called SOUL. It is called spirit.

A combination of this life and created beings produces souls.

Appears we are somewhat on the same page at a high level.
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2012
GOD IS ENERGY..HE/she/it is eternal. all there is and ever will be..
Re: Questions For Anony About Souls by greatgenius: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
frosbel:

MAN is a SOUL .

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." - Genesis 2:7

2 stages :

1. Man was made from the dust , at this point he was inanimate, souless , dead.
2. God breathed life into man, and he became an animated creature or a soul in essence.

I agree with you that MAN is made up of spirit ( immaterial ) and body ( material ).
yes in the pysical man was made from the "dust" but understand that body does not always mean the physical. body simply means form.. when you were "created" you took a form , when you die you will still have form albeit not physical.. also another word for spirit is simply mind... you will always be a tripartite being until you become one with the infinite creator..what some call the oneness..

GOD is the source of ALL life , no doubt, but this life is not called SOUL. It is called spirit.

A combination of this life and created beings produces souls.

Appears we are somewhat on the same page at a high level.
if you believe God is the source of all life then yes we are definetely on the same page here... but my point is that we are all connected by the soul of God or the one soul..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Says IVF Is Sinful / My Daughter, Deedee, Got Baptised This Morning. / Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.