Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Massive Fire On Lagos Island. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Fire On Lagos Island. (17387 Views)

Boko Haram: NSA Warns Of Likely Attack On Lagos Ports / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / LAGBUS Crashes Into Four Cars On Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by olofofo9ja: 11:34am On Dec 26, 2012
very disheartening

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Archmed(m): 11:39am On Dec 26, 2012
pekelepekele:

This is not the best time for JOKE!!!
tell me something
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 26, 2012
choi cry cry cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Too Bad
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by 3kay945(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2012
The problem with this country is that we might not know the real cause of this, it might be sabotage, negligence or accident. we 'll end up hearing different stories.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by olofofo9ja: 11:53am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by jhydebaba(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
3 buildings progressively burning and no fire truck in sight

Fashola is really working o!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by strangest(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
naptu2: Similar thing happened in the late '80s. It was because of incidents like this that the Buhari administration banned the indiscriminate and unauthorised use of fireworks.

okay, I don dey dance azonoto for Buhari...hope you are happy now
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by lawalsalisumuhd: 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2012
may God help those dat ar involve in d incident
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
[size=14pt]Nigeria: Warehouse Said To Hold Fireworks Explodes.[/size]

by The Associated Press

December 26, 2012⁠ 4:17 AM

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — An explosion has ripped through a warehouse where witnesses say fireworks were stored in Nigeria's largest city, sparking a fire.

The explosion happened around 9 a.m. Wednesday on Lagos Island in Lagos, shaking windows of homes miles away. A thick cloud of smoke could be seen rising over the island. The fire quickly spread over two blocks. Two firemen showed up ina fire truck and local residents grabbed fire hoses to try to help put out the flames.

It was not immediately clear if there were any casualties. An hour after the explosion fireworks were still going off. Witnesses say the building had firework inside.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=168056543
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Jesu Oba iyee shocked
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
strangest:

okay, I don dey dance azonoto for Buhari...hope you are happy now

What's that got to do with me?

1 Like

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by 3kay945(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
olofofo9ja: http://www.olofofo9ja.com/2012/12/26/breaking-news-massive-fire-on-lagos-island/ FOR FULL STORY AND PICTURES

Thanks, I was there but nothing new.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by TableLeg(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dayyyum sad
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by onandon: 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
about 15 buildings have been devoured and still counting ... Oh my,fire fighters can't really do much. The fireworks are still being set off by the fire, loud explosions just like the Ikeja explosions some years back. sad
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by eliezarchinomso: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
They are at it again!, we re not fools, they did it in tejuosho yaba, & some other markets & took over d whole tin,acquiring them 2 themselves, building massive plazas or as they call it 'ultra modern markets' 2day its lagos island market, i bet d next target will be computer village ikeja, God save us!

1 Like

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by ignis: 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2012
Investigations should commence to ascertain the cause of the inferno.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by 3kay945(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
onandon: about 15 buildings have been devoured and still counting ... Oh my,fire fighters can't really do much. The fireworks are still being set off by the fire, loud explosions just like the Ikeja explosions some years back. sad

Please, is this number correct? 15 buildings. shocked Haaa too bad
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by chessguru1(m): 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
naptu2:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20843555
Some1 shld get those phucking crowd out of there nd let these emergency guys through.
Amebo nigerians. Naija crowd, they J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ love a spectacle don't they.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by usdane: 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
the first house that was blown up is opposite my house....i was sleeping as there is no work today. I first thought the world is coming to and end due to the heavy and continous defeaning sound....then i started calling my lord and personal saviour, Allah to forgive for my sins
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by naptu2: 12:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
On my way to find my mother! I gt hit by a car!! Felt no pain until now! Tnk God for live #Ekowxplosion @Gidi_Traffic
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by nollywood20: 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
The major problem of Nigeria is not Boko Haram or even the corrupt government, but majority of the poor masses are id-io-ts breeding id-io-ts who end up as jobless youths who in most cases are the id-io-ts using fire crackers like vagabonds.

Majority of Nigerians are not fit to breed, but they are the masses who breed kids they can hardly feed.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by juman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
usdane: the first house that was blown up is opposite my house....i was sleeping as there is no work today. I first thought the world is coming to and end due to the heavy and continous defeaning sound....then i started calling my lord and personal saviour, Allah to forgive for my sins

Yah Allahu!
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by juman(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
3kay945:

Please, is this number correct? 15 buildings. shocked Haaa too bad

Where was the fire fighter?
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
nollywood20: The major problem of Nigeria is not Boko Haram or even the corrupt government, but majority of the poor masses are id-io-ts breeding id-io-ts who end up as jobless youths who in most cases are the id-io-ts using fire crackers like vagabonds.

Majority of Nigerians are not fit to breed, but they are the masses who breed kids they can hardly feed.

So what point have you made with all your idiotic expressions? I can see you are the only one fit to live.

Back to the topic...dem wan spoil my Fashola C.V oo..awon aye!
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nabenj(f): 1:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
I support the ban of these things totally. Many of them sound like bombs, maybe Boko Haram got their formula from them. The other day kids were throwing these knock outs near generating sets. Definitely more dangerous than okada.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by attaisa: 1:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
naptu2: Similar thing happened in the late '80s. It was because of incidents like this that the Buhari administration banned the indiscriminate and unauthorised use of fireworks.

Finally someone is commending Gen. Buhari for engaging indiscipline in the 80s.

Govt say don't throw banger, you say who them be? e don happen now, who be the looser. Yeye people.

Thank God
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by attaisa: 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
Archmed: tell me something

They are lying no mind them. no be fire jare na only smoke them de fear. Nothing is burning the pix u are seeing is Photoshop. I'm just coming from there.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by ignis: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
usdane: the first house that was blown up is opposite my house....i was sleeping as there is no work today. I first thought the world is coming to and end due to the heavy and continous defeaning sound....then i started calling my lord and personal saviour, Allah to forgive for my sins
So if world wan end na Allah you go call?
Abeg no even try am,
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by vislabraye(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2012
Fooolish banger throwers. Don't they know that Lagos Island has many face me I face you houses?
When houses are crowded like that, if one house catches fire ten houses would catch it at once.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by UncleChybyke: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
naptu2: There is a massive fire on Lagos Island (Central Lagos). It is believed to have been caused by fireworks. Residents are panicking, fearful that it was a bomb explosion. Details shortly.
this incident is not caused by fireworks. I don't believe.
Re: Massive Fire On Lagos Island. by Nightshift(m): 1:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Any fire service people there trying to put out the fires? Abi dem no get water as usual ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oye Protest: Ekiti Govt Visits, Condoles With Families Of Slain Fuoye Students / Imo Chairman Of Labour Party Bar. Callistus Ihejiagwa Lost At His Polling Booth / Gunmen Attack Sambo's Home In Zaria, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.