Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Progress On Benin-ore Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress On Benin-ore Road (10736 Views)

Each Time I Travel On Benin-ore Express Road, I Can't But Say God Bless GEJ / More Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Progress On Benin-ore Road by nahinbdis: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2012
Much has been said on the need to rehabilitate this key road, and I was somewhat pleased to see that rehabilitation work on the road is in progress. Both sides of the road have been largely fixed from Ore to just before Ofosu, and then from the Edo State boundary up to Oluku in Benin. Work is ongoing at Ofosu area and also at Ugbowo end in Benin up to Dawson junction.

I think this is rather commendable going by the fact that the road has been largely problematic. Some pictures taken between 14th & 15th December 2012 - my last trip to Benin- are shown below

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by nahinbdis: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
More

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by taharqa: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
Yea, Benin-Ore has been virtually FIXED afta very many years of failed promises. Those who plied it this Xmas season would testify to that.

The Reconstruction/Expansion of a section of the road (closer to Lagos) into a Dual-carriage Way is however still on going....
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
nahinbdis: Some pictures taken between 14th & 15th December 2012 - my last trip to Benin- are shown below

Bros, did you take those pictures with Nokia 3310? Abeg nor vex, I just dey ask shocked

4 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by omiobo: 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2012
I no see anything o

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Ikwerefistson: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
nahinbdis: More
wat a reterden lyk obj spent 8ys couldnt do a listeng nd a caring presidnt gej did nd yet objs hoples kinsmen nd sm mediocres nd jobles morons along wit sm todlers on niraland wil cm 2ds forum wit dia cheap phones nd dia poor salary frm dia acn cpc hoples paymasters to make stakatoes of noise,dan banzas.gej wil disgrace u all

13 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
At last! When dia flights r crashing, y wont they fix it? After all na substandard materials dem de use sef. Mtcheeeuuwwww!

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Freezle(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Great work by the federal government, but still more work to be done.

2 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Ikwerefistson: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sunny_bobo:

Bros, did you take those pictures with Nokia 3310? Abeg nor vex, I just dey ask shocked
are u high or just incredbilx stupid
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by datola: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
omiobo: I no see anything o

You did not see the NBA sticker? The op is a proud barister.

Good work.

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Shaggyfreshfish(m): 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
@nahinbdis jst shut dat ur ogbono soups mouth dere. U sallah ram
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by alaoeri: 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Op poor picture quality u can do better next time.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by tonardo(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sunny_bobo:

the same question i want to ask..
we get it ur father is a lawyer,.pls next use a better camera,stop,come down and take the pic,..perhaps when coming on jan.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by gp66(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
if somebody does something good no matter how little it might look praise him or thank him and he will do more. What i hate most abt pple is that they love insulting Gej when they now that themselves are part of Nigeria's problem. Criticism is allowed bt try to make suggested solutions or else u remain a schmo/nitwit. God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by searay(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pls can this be move to the joke section?
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ikeyman00(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2012

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by strangest(m): 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
@op Barrister, the law.. i dey hail o... How much I fit get that sticker, shey police no fit stop my car if i put am for windscreen
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by FlyboyZee: 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2012
I could have corroborated ur story with pictures from the Abuja-Lokoja Road, but sorry I gues I was too busy enjoying the ride than to take snapshots.

What I'm saying in essence is that federal roads are gradually getting better no matter how slow it is going. The good thing is that there is at least progress in the right direction.

If and only if OBJ did not waste those 8 years in the hands of Tony Annenih, I believe new roads would have even been constructed. This is a plus to GEJ.

ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ I CAN FINGER
1. Roads are getting better
2. Electricity is improving, though staggered
3. No ASUU strikes
4. Still counting...
5. I'ld be back for me uptades.

Whether you agree or not, its the truth.

18 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by mrfolu(m): 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I could have corroborated ur story with pictures from the Abuja-Lokoja Road, but sorry I gues I was too busy enjoying the ride than to take snapshots.

What I'm saying in essence is that federal roads are gradually getting better no matter how slow it is going. The good thing is that there is at least progress in the right direction.

If and only if OBJ did not waste those 8 years in the hands of Tony Annenih, I believe new roads would have even been constructed. This is a plus to GEJ.

ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ I CAN FINGER
1. Roads are getting better
2. Electricity is improving, though staggered
3. No ASUU strikes
4. Still counting...
5. I'ld be back for me uptades.

Whether you agree or not, its the truth.
Let US wait for the new year gift from GEJ lipsrsealed cry shocked
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by ikeyman00(m): 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
@@@@

and the man obj still have the gut to talk rubbish in the media

imagine aviation minister under obj that could not get single runway moving due the inherited criminal nature from that side lipsrsealed has the nerve to mutter some rubbish on moment with mo show over Achebe book

a trend that need to be checked!

likewise the same people are in the progress of disowning seun just because he stand for equity and still make a lot of money from that
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by plendil: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
lets hope it gets completed.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by PosCaricature: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2012
I can only see the dashboard of a car and the sky. I can't see the expanded road in the pictures!
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Sealeddeal(m): 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
Thank God for GEJ.those that understand the import governance will surely appreciate the level of transformation going on in nigeria lately.

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Sealeddeal(m): 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
Thank God for GEJ.those that understand the import of governance will surely appreciate the level of transformation going on in nigeria lately.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Mospring(m): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
Freezle: Great work by the federal government, but still more work to be done.
this work has proven dat GEJ... has the political etiquethe to be a pace setter and to bring about meaninful development to our country naija.... much is still expected!!! from him.. though.

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Sealeddeal(m): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
PosCaricature :
I can only see the dashboard of a car and the sky. I can't see the expanded road in the pictures!
the person that ate a vulture has taken a bad meal.there is no way u can see it.so relax.

2 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by fkaz(m): 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
Thank god 4 the gud news, but next time try to snap the road not the sky abeg.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by bigdoo: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
I have been plying that road since 2002 and it has never been better than it is now. Thanks to GEJ and his administration/government.

4 Likes

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Very good development. I have no reason to doubt the ability, sincerity and capacity of the incumbent to deliver.
Lagos- Kano train route commenced recently as promised by the govt, and complements the Lagos-Abeokuta-Osun-Ilorin train route that has been operating in the last 1yr.
Now the Benin-Ore road is nearing completion as promised by the govt.
I'm patiently waiting for GROUND BREAKING work on 2nd Niger bridge sometime in March next year. If the president fails on this one, I'll disown him on NL and other fora. Fortunately, antecedents show Mr president keeps to his promise.
*My opinion*

1 Like

Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by vanstanzy(m): 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Without a good drainage system adorning that road, we'll be going round in circles.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by Mavor: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is the only road that links Lagos to the Eastern, Southern and Northern parts of Nigeria. Always being plied by Tankers, Heavy Buses, Heavy Haulage Trucks and lots of cars and jeeps. So yes, it is always getting ruined and always being fixed every time of the year.
Re: Progress On Benin-ore Road by doctokwus: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2012
Let someone tell us how much dey spent on d patch patch dey did.For somebody to say dis road has not bn dis gud for vehicles to ply is a blatant lie.D road evn days of Obasanjo was reasonably pliable during some times of d year,only to go bad again after some time;so dose who want to raise d flag for any minimal improvement during dis regime shd wait a bit to reassess any project.
Again,I ask dis rehabilitation has bn done @what cost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala Is Not Resigning / Buhari Delivering His Speech During The Signing Of The 2016 Budget (Video) / Don’t Borrow Above $22 Billion – Debt Management Office Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.