Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message (11021 Views)

APC Carpets Jonathan Over Boko Haram, Hails Military / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 28, 2012
This post on his fb page just sums up my thots; Oluwatoyin Onimsi Oduaran
Awarding projects to companies, or starting a project has never been Nigeria's problem,it's the monitoring and the completion of these projects, and even the maintainance, that I have a challenge with. Let's take for example, the upgrading of the refineries that was talked about at the beginning of the year, and which was used as an excuse for the removal of subsidy. We were promised that this project will be done in 6 months. How far has it gone today? If you must know, I stood in support of the removal of subsidy at the beginning of the year, but for this single problem of non implementation of what was promised, I think differently today. Nigerians should be able to trust you to stand by your word when you make a statement. I think it's a shame and an embarrassment for us to still be talking refinery issues. It's a shame for us to say we have refineries and yet we can't produce our own fuel for domestic consumption. I can only imagine the kind of picture we're painting to the rest of the world.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by stantob(m): 4:52am On Dec 28, 2012
There should be baptism of fire on all the living past and present leaders in Nigeria, without that, no leader can perform in Nigeria.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by charles424(m): 7:26am On Dec 28, 2012
tobnical: Why do we often treat our leaders with disrespect and disdain? I remembered when Obama approved gay marriage in America, u nid 2see intelligent and reasonable criticism on his fb page by d Americans. It's only d Nigerian fans dat were rainin curses on him. No one can eva&wil eva please Nigerian. Didnt dey criticise nd rain curses on Awolowo before dey started praisin him after his death. I tire for una!

Who are u to compare Chief Awolowo with GEJ? Tell me the laudable achievement of gej since he assume office? Is it the oil subsidy? Or boko haram killing the christian just anyhow they want? Is it the kdnappings? Corruption in highest order,or the governors buying Jets, is it the clueless action towards improving the economics?
As just a minister Chief Awolowo single handedly give the clue on the way to end the Biafran civil war, and so many laudable achievements of Awolowo in the western region,So withdraw that comparison for now,You can compare GEJ with Abacha,,,then we can now pick who is the most clueless and nigeria masses may go to hell leaders out of them..
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2012
sanandreas: 50,000 MW south africa? It is a shame on Nigeria with huge gas reserve being flared .

u r one big uneducated fool. u don't read at all. do u think d govt or south Africa generates all the 50,000mw of power? they have a private power generation sector and that's what Jonathan is tryna do. ode!!!! d government does not generate power at l in SA. it only regulates. smelling mouth like my ass.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by samuelorugbani: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2012
inspite of d negative all comment...truth b told we r nt xperiencin any of d 4500mg watts in ph
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
Am a Saddist, I only see one side of the Coin.

mosun_ade: only six? what of the other comments praising him? why not give a balanced reporting.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
Don't Muslim travel for New year?

omenka: Oga president when r u gonna show the slightest hint of common sense? All these msgs of urs detailing how uve given express orders and deployed govt resources (our resources) to make conditions favourable for a hitch free xmas celebratns (results of which only exist in Aso Villa) sends a very bad signal to our muslim brothers up north. You are the president of Nigeria and not CAN president. How many agencies of govt did u give marching orders to ensure potholeless roads, fabulous airports, increased power generatn, et al, when they celebrated Salah? Enough of ur foolishness already. We know you are a christian from the south so stop rubbin it in the faces of the northerners. Be sensible and sensitive for once. Stop this inane display of religeous bias! You are the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria sir!
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Olaolufred(m): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
FAST-LINK:
they are not facebook friends, definitely facebook enemies/critics

They are friends If what they said is the reality.
A friend does not need to leak asses.
those who do the latter are enemies.
that is why goodluck is landing more errors. those he called advisers are enemies.
you will see them courting whoever succeeds gej.
I am always careful with any friend who never had opposing view on all issues with me.
Why, because I know they will praise me to grave-just for what they can get.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Oshosam(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oshosam: Sir, let us be realistic and not over-flog this issue of fuel subsidy removal. Nigeria has the money to build thirty refineries in the six geopolitical zones. I believe there is more corruption under your administration than ever before for you to have seen any good thing in removing the fuel subsidy. Based on an interview with the president of the NBA, money spent on subsidy by the Federal Government has skyrocketed from about N300b to N1.3tr in less than a year with no significant increase in the standard of living of Nigerians. I have also realised that there is really no plan or blueprint on how our nation will build a total man from the fuel subsidy removal because there will automatically be inflation, devaluation of the naira and lack of accountability in the short and long runs. I pray the eyes of your understanding be opened on time to avert a chaotic new year because 12 is a number of nations. The cheapest price a Nigerian can get kerosene is N150 for a litre and when we increase the price of fuel per litre, we will be forced to use firewood because I believe our commonwealth is still going to some private purses which never want to stop draining our resources. Numerous thoughts are just flowing through my mind about the N1.55b that will be spent on the Third Mainland Bridge when we have been budgeting monies for its maintenance since its construction. The Eko bridge is also a Federal Government Bridge that has not been given adequate maintenance. All I see is Lagos State maintaining Federal Government roads at the expense of its own roads. We don't have access to potable water when we have Minister of Water Resources and we all know that over 80% percent of diseases in Africa are water-borne one way or the other. Our Federal Civil Service has been clogged up with redundant adults while those that have retired in the Nigerian Armed Forces have not been fully and adequately paid their pensions and gratuities despite their patriotism to our dear nation. A minister will harass the head of the agency he/she is meant to cooperate with for national development. How can we ensure constant power when we have refused to build more power stations. Would privatising PHCN not become a mortgaging of our national heritage just as NITEL was? The facilities of NITEL which are being budgeted for every year are still in a state of comatose -- the NITEL training school at Cappa-Oshodi, Lagos, the NITEL offices at Iponri-Surulere and Shomolu. Please, let us for once think of the future of our unborn generation before we take some steps in governance. Till now, some politicians still wire our government funds abroad despite the EFCC in place. The CBN cannot deny the fact that it does not know how much leave the shores of our nation on a daily basis through the gluttonous leaders, both past and present. The proverbial sword presented to you at the National Church, Abuja should be used to judge Nigerians wisely even in the face of opposition and hatred. God bless Nigeria!
It is well. God bless Nigeria. http://theretrospects..com
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Oshosam(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oshosam: Sir, let us be realistic and not over-flog this issue of fuel subsidy removal. Nigeria has the money to build thirty refineries in the six geopolitical zones. I believe there is more corruption under your administration than ever before for you to have seen any good thing in removing the fuel subsidy. Based on an interview with the president of the NBA, money spent on subsidy by the Federal Government has skyrocketed from about N300b to N1.3tr in less than a year with no significant increase in the standard of living of Nigerians. I have also realised that there is really no plan or blueprint on how our nation will build a total man from the fuel subsidy removal because there will automatically be inflation, devaluation of the naira and lack of accountability in the short and long runs. I pray the eyes of your understanding be opened on time to avert a chaotic new year because 12 is a number of nations. The cheapest price a Nigerian can get kerosene is N150 for a litre and when we increase the price of fuel per litre, we will be forced to use firewood because I believe our commonwealth is still going to some private purses which never want to stop draining our resources. Numerous thoughts are just flowing through my mind about the N1.55b that will be spent on the Third Mainland Bridge when we have been budgeting monies for its maintenance since its construction. The Eko bridge is also a Federal Government Bridge that has not been given adequate maintenance. All I see is Lagos State maintaining Federal Government roads at the expense of its own roads. We don't have access to potable water when we have Minister of Water Resources and we all know that over 80% percent of diseases in Africa are water-borne one way or the other. Our Federal Civil Service has been clogged up with redundant adults while those that have retired in the Nigerian Armed Forces have not been fully and adequately paid their pensions and gratuities despite their patriotism to our dear nation. A minister will harass the head of the agency he/she is meant to cooperate with for national development. How can we ensure constant power when we have refused to build more power stations. Would privatising PHCN not become a mortgaging of our national heritage just as NITEL was? The facilities of NITEL which are being budgeted for every year are still in a state of comatose -- the NITEL training school at Cappa-Oshodi, Lagos, the NITEL offices at Iponri-Surulere and Shomolu. Please, let us for once think of the future of our unborn generation before we take some steps in governance. Till now, some politicians still wire our government funds abroad despite the EFCC in place. The CBN cannot deny the fact that it does not know how much leave the shores of our nation on a daily basis through the gluttonous leaders, both past and present. The proverbial sword presented to you at the National Church, Abuja should be used to judge Nigerians wisely even in the face of opposition and hatred. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Oshosam(m): 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by nagoma(m): 9:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
dejustice: Don't Muslim travel for New year?

Whose new year are you talking about? The president is damn too insensitive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo / In The Face Of Recession Nigerians Are Still Strong - Bamisepeters' Blog / Seme/krake Joint Border Post To Be Private Sector Driven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.