Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message (11022 Views)

APC Carpets Jonathan Over Boko Haram, Hails Military / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Fan2: 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
4, Also, Bethel Vincent, wrote, "Haba! Mr. President,
you know say lie no good at all. Why post something
we have not witnessed, yet you refer to us as
friends and fellow Nigerians. As I am talking to you,
my flat is running on generator; Benin-Auchi road is
filled with potholes and you are talking about
airport, how (many) Nigerians can afford air
transport?"

Benin-Auchi road filled with potholes is under repair as at last week thursday when i passed.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by ocelot2006(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Dude, I do not have much time for sycophants. I listed the power plants conceived or built by Obasanjo, name the ones built by GEJ let me expose you. The two major transmission lines GEJ approved budget for, Abuja-Minna, an the one being constructed by the Korean firm which you can see when you are travelling on the Abuja Gwagwalada road was conceived by Obasanjo and GEJ approved the budget for it. That was meant to be the Smart grid Obasanjo was planning.

Name One gas pipeline GEJ has built and where it is. Name the transmission line GEJ has built and where it is. You can deceive yourself and not someone like me. FYI, I believe in objectivity, so go ahead and prove me wrong with your FACTS of the power plants He built and completed along with the transmission lines and pipelines!
Besides, was I expecting GEJ to build new power plants? Certainly no! Why, the ones we have on ground if expanded can generate well over 10,000MW! I expected Him to fix the national grid with a smart grid, expand the gas projects, and improve the hydro plants and also partner with states that have began their IPP to ensure the people in those states enjoy the power. Is it not foolish that the people of Eleme would have power plant generating power to meet their electricity needs all year round yet can not enjoy same?

Hold on there. Didn't NERC give states with IPPs the go-ahead to distribute locally? Oh wait...of course they did! Under whose administration? Hmmmm....oh that's right, GEJ's.

Seriously, just stop.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Omen100(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2012
ocelot2006:

Hold on there. Didn't NERC give states with IPPs the go-ahead to distribute locally? Oh wait...of course they did! Under whose administration? Hmmmm....oh that's right, GEJ's.

Seriously, just stop.

You are just a disguising creature angry
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Albedo27(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
omenka: Oga president when r u gonna show the slightest hint of common sense? All these msgs of urs detailing how uve given express orders and deployed govt resources (our resources) to make conditions favourable for a hitch free xmas celebratns (results of which only exist in Aso Villa) sends a very bad signal to our muslim brothers up north. You are the president of Nigeria and not CAN president. How many agencies of govt did u give marching orders to ensure potholeless roads, fabulous airports, increased power generatn, et al, when they celebrated Salah? Enough of ur foolishness already. We know you are a christian from the south so stop rubbin it in the faces of the northerners. Be sensible and sensitive for once. Stop this inane display of religeous bias! You are the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria sir!
Bros cool ur temper now, what he's doing is exactly what a muslim president ll do 2x. U all celebrated d death of late Gov Yakowa in a grand style, simply because he was a Christian.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Ricdave(m): 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
No matter what's going on, i must still say that it's not easy leading a nation (of abt 160M people)...Mr. President is doing his best...Nigeria was damaged gradually, the Remedy has to be gradual...8years will never be enough and we all know it..
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Akiika: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2012
GEJ, no mind them jare...your administration is awesome...judging by the comment of some Nigerians here....them dey gbadun your style...keep on rocking best president in the world. When sufferness hit them well, them go say the truth....crazy country filled with d.u.m.b people.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by 3kay945(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2012
ocelot2006:

He's a PHD holder, so what? Has GEJ not tackled some (if not all) of the basic problems we faced and complained about bitterly (power, transportation)? Are you and your folks so blind that you don't see these "little" progresses made? And will it kill you to at least commend him for all these and at least offer constructive criticisms rather than throw insults at the president just for the fun of it?

You that have four eyes and see like eagle, state the so called achievements of your boss, you expect Nigerian that voted PhD holder to take the difference between 3800 and 4000Mw as achievement!
What happen to different reports of numerous committees set up to investigate the uncountable problems encountered during his tenure?

A leader without gut and good will to strive for visible development, will end up sabotaging his own little efforts indirectly through his gutless act.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by donchris369: 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2012
Lolzz, guy, i may sound like an animal, i dont give a damn ok! I know dat biatcch very well and personally, dat is why i have decided to act like an untamed animal so dat i can tame her too because she is also an untamed animal.
looknlaff: . Can you please read what you typed above? You are an animal & should not be allowed in a gathering of civilised people. How on earth did this your uncouth & bestial comment get posted? For once, I regret visiting this forum. Untamed animal you are.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by taharqa: 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
3kay945:

You that have four eyes and see like eagle, state the so called achievements of your boss, you expect Nigerian that voted PhD holder to take the difference between 3800 and 4000Mw as achievement!
What happen to different reports of numerous committees set up to investigate the uncountable problems encountered during his tenure?

A leader without gut and good will to strive for visible development, will end up sabotaging his own little efforts indirectly through his gutless act.
SHUT dat yr mouth there. Thats what u do if u do nt know what u are talking about, k? 3800MW was A ONE TIME peak during Yar'adua time and crashd afta just 2 days to below 2000MW b4 increasing to bw 2700MW-3000MW b4 GEJ took ova. GEJ has now increasd dis 2800MW which he met to 4200MW-4500MW and with better Transmissn and Distributn facilities (although agreed, still inadequate).... Am preparing a more robust RESPONSE now since u guys are dabbling into d Power sector u know NOTHING about. Just a little time......
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Ramtzy: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Even late Yar'Adua(Blessed memory) as sickly as He was, things were not as bad as this for the country... Got fuel price reduced twice with neither queue nor scarcity of the product and your now trillion naira subsidy was even then between N400-N500 billion.... Oga GEJ your govt na failure. U no try at all
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Alaanyihaji(m): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2012
FAST-LINK:
they are not facebook friends, definitely facebook enemies/critics
i DISAGREE WITH YOUR VIEW THAT A FRIEND SHOULD ALWAYS TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR.
A GOOD FRIEND SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU THE BITTER TRUTH;
THOUGH I QUITE DISAGREE WITH THOSE THAT PRESENT THEIR SUBMISSIONS DISRESPECTFULLY.
THE GREATEST ENEMY OF LEADERS THE WORLD OVER ARE THEIR SYCOPHANTIC FRIENDS AND ADVISERS WHO INSULATE
THEM FROM THE REALITY ON THE GROUND WITH MISINFORMATION AND HALF TRUTH. SUCH PEOPLE TELL LEADERS
WHAT IS FAVOURABLE TO THEIR VARIOUS TRADES AND PATRONAGES FROM GOVT. fB FRIENDS SHOULD POLITELY
GIVE HIS EXCELLENCY THE DIRECT FEELING OF THE NIGERIAN MASSES OCCASIONED BY THE IMPACT OF PREVAILING
GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMS ON THEM.THIS WILL HELP THE C-in-C TO ADJUST THE PROGRAMS AND PACE
TO ACHIEVE THE TRANSFORMATION OBJECTIVES OF THIS ADMINISTRATION ON RECORD TIME,TENURE.
GOD BLESS AND HELP OUR PRESIDENT, GOD BLESS
ALL FB FRIENDS,GOD BLESS THE FED REP OF NIGERIA.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by samkal(m): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: SHUT dat yr mouth there. Thats what u do if u do nt know what u are talking about, k? 3800MW was A ONE TIME peak during Yar'adua time and crashd afta just 2 days to below 2000MW b4 increasing to bw 2700MW-3000MW b4 GEJ took ova. GEJ has now increasd dis 2800MW which he met to 4200MW-4500MW and with better Transmissn and Distributn facilities (although agreed, still inadequate).... Am preparing a more robust RESPONSE now since u guys are dabbling into d Power sector u know NOTHING about. Just a little time......

See who dey talk, Mr Power minister. You called this epileptic power supply improvement? maybe you reside in asorock grin
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by ocelot2006(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Omen100:

You are just a disguising creature angry

Yeah, I'm such a "disguising" creature for saying the truth. If you don't like that, jump off a damn cliff. Btw, you may want to re-check your spelling.

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by ocelot2006(m): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ramtzy: Even late Yar'Adua(Blessed memory) as sickly as He was, things were not as bad as this for the country... Got fuel price reduced twice with neither queue nor scarcity of the product and your now trillion naira subsidy was even then between N400-N500 billion.... Oga GEJ your govt na failure. U no try at all

Abeg free Mr. President on the subsidy issue. Was he the one that started the payment? NO. Yet his administration was the VERY FIRST to bring everyone's attention to that fraud, the VERY FIRST to end payments and investigate the rot in the downstream sector. But it was clowns like you who chose to cripple his decision to end such payments 'cos you could not stand the changes that came with it. But even with the decision to suspend the subsidy withrawal, it's no longer business as usual for those who gained from all this, thanks to this administration.

If the president's to be blamed for anything during the subsidy saga, its that he failed to provide the so-called "palliatives" that wouldve eased the financial stress Nigerians wouldve faced as a result of the subsidy withrawal. Other than that, the president has absolutely no question to answer.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by ocelot2006(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ramtzy: Even late Yar'Adua(Blessed memory) as sickly as He was, things were not as bad as this for the country... Got fuel price reduced twice with neither queue nor scarcity of the product and your now trillion naira subsidy was even then between N400-N500 billion.... Oga GEJ your govt na failure. U no try at all

Abeg free Mr. President on the subsidy issue. Was he the one that started the payment? NO. Yet his administration was the VERY FIRST to bring everyone's attention to that fraud, the VERY FIRST to end payments and investigate the rot in the downstream sector. But it was clowns like you who chose to cripple his decision to end such payments 'cos you could not stand the changes that came with it. But even with the decision to suspend the subsidy withrawal, it's no longer business as usual for those who gained from all this, thanks to this administration.

If the president's to be blamed for anything during the subsidy saga, its that he failed to provide the so-called "palliatives" that wouldve eased the financial stress Nigerians wouldve faced as a result of the subsidy withrawal. Other than that, the president has absolutely no question to answer.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by chloride6: 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2012
all you gej apologist,i still dont understand this boko haram thingy, when Nigeria had no leader for 63 days, not one bomb exploded, now when we have a supposed leader,bombs go off almost everyday like an alarm clock.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by DaLover(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
A lot of deranged people with access to the Internet, what a pity
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by OmoTier1(m): 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2012
ocelot2006:

Seriously, just stop.
Your falsehood is not only disgusting but it's evil also! When did NERC give IPP go ahead to distribute locally? How can they distribute locally? Was it not the Ikeja IPP that Fashola decided to create their own distribution network because of FG stance on the issue. Or is your memory this short when only last year Gov. Ameachi raised alarm claiming the state generate more power to sustain the state yet almost all of the state is in darkness? Did He not also raise the same alarm this year?

Those of you wicked souls who are currently feeding fat from this government and singing their praise should remember what will befall you will be worst than what befell Abacha!
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by OmoTier1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
ocelot2006:

Is it not idiotic enough that He would continue paying subsidy even when it was obvious that it was an economic sabotage and fraud? As partners in crime, do I expect you to come out and say the president have no questions to answer.

I told you earlier, you are wicked soul for not seeing the truth that subsidy as currently being perpetuated by the PDP led government and even worst under GEJ is an economic sabotage. Nigeria is not the only country that operates subsidy on petroleum products.

Dude, get some sense, this government is a failure in itself.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2012
omenka: Oga president when r u gonna show the slightest hint of common sense? All these msgs of urs detailing how uve given express orders and deployed govt resources (our resources) to make conditions favourable for a hitch free xmas celebratns (results of which only exist in Aso Villa) sends a very bad signal to our muslim brothers up north. You are the president of Nigeria and not CAN president. How many agencies of govt did u give marching orders to ensure potholeless roads, fabulous airports, increased power generatn, et al, when they celebrated Salah? Enough of ur foolishness already. We know you are a christian from the south so stop rubbin it in the faces of the northerners. Be sensible and sensitive for once. Stop this inane display of religeous bias! You are the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria sir!

I believe the same government funds your trips to mecca. They wouldn't fund my trip to Israel....but you don't here me whining about it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by OmoTier1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
ocelot2006:

Oh please spare me the trash talk! How's the current positive developments in the nation's power sector a step backward? Obasanjo may have drawn up the plans for this crucial sector (kudos to him), but then it's one thing to conceive, and another to implement. GEJ administration must be commended for the later. And unlike the previous administration of Obasanjo and Yaradua, the increase in power generated has be sustained (current peak at 4500MW). The funny part of that is critics like you kept claiming tha this wasn't possible and kept claiming that there'll be a drop when the rain stops and water levels in our dams drop. Well...we're already MONTHS into the dry season, and all we've experienced is the opposite (I.e increase in power generated). Hmmm...I wonder..

Hey don't also forget that it was under this administration that other key issues like gas supply bottlenecks to power plants were resolved. And don't forget the gas revolution (construction of more trunk lines for gas supply across the country) and the current privatisation of PHCN (Discos, Transcos, etc) were all products of this current administration.

And how in God's green earth is GEJ responsible for the rot in the power sector when the nation has witnessed remarkable improvements within same sector under HIS WATCH? Please do explain, 'cos I sure as hell don't understand.

I must say that your personal deep-seated hatred for GEJ has definitely blinded you to progress made (be it big or minute). 'cos you argument holds no water at all.

Why on earth will I hate GEJ? If stating the obvious is hating, then so be it. It is a fact that power generation has always been high in Nigeria, but the problem is power distribution! As they say, the taste of the pudding is in the eating. If nigeria have had the alleged constant 4800MW power, why haven't Nigerians witness continuous supply of electricity? Can you tell this honourable forum why?

Nigeria have failed to make developmental progress in the past two decades because people like you called shadows excellence and rejoiced in mediocrity!
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2012
Omo_Tier1: In as much as I know this government is a failure, lets us the citizen also be forthright in our doings. The OP should ensure balanced reportage by also including the replies of those that praise him. At least this will let us know those whose we need to send to Yaba left

...truth is if anyone anywhere resident in this country praises GEJ,then d person is simply put a psychopant. I have traveled to the North,to the West,to the Middle Belt and am yet to see anything impressive done by Jonah in almost 3yrs (May 2010-Dec. 2012) as President and Commander-in-Chief. Give this man another 40yrs And I assure you folks he would still be as rudderless as he is today.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by shobroy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
surfaceD:
Beside He is the only Nigerian president that addresses the nation from the pulpit of a religious institution.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by shobroy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: YOU ARE A FOOOL for lying here...go to that facebook page and if you can count up to 100 persons that were against him out of the more than 15,000 that commentd (who overwhelming felicitatd wit him) esp b4 dis report; if u can do dat bring it here and i shall apologize to you....... Nematodes like u who cant tell when they are bn 'usd', MUMU-ish peeps
. For that u are a barbaric foooolest
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by shobroy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: SHUT dat yr mouth there. Thats what u do if u do nt know what u are talking about, k? 3800MW was A ONE TIME peak during Yar'adua time and crashd afta just 2 days to below 2000MW b4 increasing to bw 2700MW-3000MW b4 GEJ took ova. GEJ has now increasd dis 2800MW which he met to 4200MW-4500MW and with better Transmissn and Distributn facilities (although agreed, still inadequate).... Am preparing a more robust RESPONSE now since u guys are dabbling into d Power sector u know NOTHING about. Just a little time......
now I know u are a total dump since have been in this world have nver heard it anywhere that electricity are to be shared to consumers by region to the extent that nigerians are now having days off,all happen during the tenure or the so call jaguda baba ole so if u don't know wat to spit is better u save ur spit for cleaning of ur shoe person like should not be giving the post of a class rep in skull talkless a departmental president
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by nagoma(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
taharqa: YOU ARE A FOOOL for lying here...go to that facebook page and if you can count up to 100 persons that were against him out of the more than 15,000 that commentd (who overwhelming felicitatd wit him) esp b4 dis report; if u can do dat bring it here and i shall apologize to you....... Nematodes like u who cant tell when they are bn 'usd', MUMU-ish peeps

No need to go to Facebook page. We live in Nigeria and we know how incapable and how corrupt Jonathan's government is.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by nagoma(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2012

You are one of Jonathan's greatest enemies since you can't look him in the face and tell him the truth - that he is a failure and a great disappointment even to his supporters.he has dragged Nigeria 19 years backwards in just 2 years.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by omenka(m): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
Albedo27:
Bros cool ur temper now, what he's doing is exactly what a muslim president ll do 2x. U all celebrated d death of late Gov Yakowa in a grand style, simply because he was a Christian.
Olodo rapata. im an unbias christian from the south. I call a spade a spade.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by omenka(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2012
2buff:

I believe the same government funds your trips to mecca. They wouldn't fund my trip to Israel....but you don't here me whining about it. undecided
Mumu! While readin thru my post, if u had any brain at all you should undstand that im a christian. Plus im a strong advocate of the scrapin of govt sponsorship of pilgrimages. If one can't personally afford it then they should keep their bums @ home! Have never read anywher in the bible where visiting the 'holy land' is a precondition to make heaven or paradise as d case may be.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by ocelot2006(m): 11:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
Your falsehood is not only disgusting but it's evil also! When did NERC give IPP go ahead to distribute locally? How can they distribute locally? Was it not the Ikeja IPP that Fashola decided to create their own distribution network because of FG stance on the issue. Or is your memory this short when only last year Gov. Ameachi raised alarm claiming the state generate more power to sustain the state yet almost all of the state is in darkness? Did He not also raise the same alarm this year?

Those of you wicked souls who are currently feeding fat from this government and singing their praise should remember what will befall you will be worst than what befell Abacha!

Dude, you are a bloody liar. Please read:

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-deregulates-electricity-•local-govts-communities-can-now-generate-distribute-electricity-nerc/

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/28751-states-begin-power-distribution-jan-says-nerc.html

Even our very own nairaland reported the news:
https://www.nairaland.com/818599/states-begin-power-distribution-january

Now I totally understand if you're unhappy with some of the president's policies. This is a democracy afterall. And it's not my business if you dislike his personality. But going around spewing blatant lies and half-baked truths just to forward your agenda against the president on this thread and the forum as a whole is just plain wrong and low
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by ocelot2006(m): 12:11am On Dec 28, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Is it not idiotic enough that He would continue paying subsidy even when it was obvious that it was an economic sabotage and fraud? As partners in crime, do I expect you to come out and say the president have no questions to answer.

I told you earlier, you are wicked soul for not seeing the truth that subsidy as currently being perpetuated by the PDP led government and even worst under GEJ is an economic sabotage. Nigeria is not the only country that operates subsidy on petroleum products.

Dude, get some sense, this government is a failure in itself.

So the subsidy payments are now idiotic, abi? But it wasn't so when fools like you took to the street to protest the president's withdrawal of same payment, even after the president's economic team painstakingly laid out their case. Isn't that just plain stupidity on your own part?

This country's problem isn't people like me who recognise the truth, but dimwits like you who come online screaming for positive change, but are too scared to stomach the sacrifices that definitely come with such changes. So spare me the sermon.
Re: Facebook Friends Slam Jonathan Over Christmas Message by yaksh: 12:46am On Dec 28, 2012
he neva c anytin yet, by god grace d nex tin is stone 4rm his own ppl dat voted 4 him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo / Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" / Bode George: IBB WiII Be Welcomed With Open Hands If He Visits South-West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.