Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

A Random Question For The Atheists - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Random Question For The Atheists (3815 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / To All The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by mazaje(m): 10:55am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
so you are talking based on just your family members and a few dead people around you right? Ok.

You asked me about my family and I answered. . . .I have already given you my position on faith healing in my very first post. It does not exist the way believers want us to believe. . .
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Really. Then we will have a lot of ppl being 'encouraged' to avoid hospitals and proper treatment at risk of their life. Ppl have to be made accountable for thier actions.

Also, even sane ppl have periods where they are confused and weak and can be exploited. An ill person will clearly be less emotionally and psychologically balanced than when they are well (due to despair).
so you are trying to say christians stop other christians from going to hospitals?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2012
mazaje:

You asked me about my family and I answered. . . .I have already given you my position on faith healing in my very first post. It does not exist the way believers want us to believe. . .
Ok, thanks for your point.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Affiliated(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
there's a great diff between Miracles n Magic yo..and Criss is obviously a Magician, he hasnt even used his so called powers for any humanitarian deed.

If you had properly researched Him you would see that He has. In fact is miracles about humanitarian deeds?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 11:29am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

If you had properly researched Him you would see that He has. In fact is miracles about humanitarian deeds?
miracles aint about making money for yourself...dats one thing I know.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Affiliated(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
miracles aint about making money for yourself...dats one thing I know.

Said the rich pastors who collect tithes and offerings and call people to share testimonies every sunday
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
so you are trying to say christians stop other christians from going to hospitals?

Not only xtians, there are some pastors, prophets and faith healers who do such.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2012
@ OP: I think the greatest miracle of all is the universe which God created. What miracle could possibly best that ?

1 Like

Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by mazaje(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: I think the greatest miracle of all is the universe which God created. What miracle could possibly best that ?

From faith healing to the universe as a miracle, eh?. . .Hmmmm
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: I think the greatest miracle of all is the universe which God created. What miracle could possibly best that ?

If God could show himself. That would be the best miracle of all wink
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by wiegraf: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
been a year now..any problem?

Yes. You use hospitals but see nothing wrong with others being encouraged not to go?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2012

In a sense He has. Did you conveniently forget Jesus Christ.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
mazaje:

Hmmm.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

In a sense He has. Did you conveniently forget Jesus Christ.

shocked

I forgot.

You are a trinitarian. Others might argue otherwise.

By the way I refer to this present day.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

Yes. You use hospitals but see nothing wrong with others being encouraged not to go?
now this is funny..read my question slowly and tell me how this relates to it.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

Said the rich pastors who collect tithes and offerings and call people to share testimonies every sunday
well, the Bible says pay your tithes and offerings..who are we to argue against GOD's word?moreover if you dont wanna pay, you sit your ass down. The pastor in my church doesnt tell people to come pay to watch him bring down God's blessings.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2012

lol, don't worry, he's coming back soon.. I pray you change your mindset before then atheist.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
mazaje:

God is full of wonders mehn..
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
lol, don't worry, he's coming back soon.. I pray you change your mindset before then atheist.

I wont hold my breath.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2012

Not only xtians, there are some pastors, prophets and faith healers who do such.
thank God you said SOME..
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2012

I wont hold my breath.
oh You will..
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
thank God you said SOME..

It is always some. But the ones that do it are a catastrophe for xtianity. It should not be overlooked.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2012

It is always some. But the ones that do it are a catastrophe for xtianity. It should not be overlooked.
well do what you know how to do best..open a thread against pastors doing such(if you've not done dt already) as for me, I wont go about judging Men of God..especially when I've not come across a pastor who has told a dying Man not to see a doctor.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Affiliated(m): 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
well, the Bible says pay your tithes and offerings..who are we to argue against GOD's word?moreover if you dont wanna pay, you sit your ass down. The pastor in my church doesnt tell people to come pay to watch him bring down God's blessings.

But Criss Angel doesn't collect tithes or offerings or people's money for that matter. There was a time that in appreciation of the US Airforce, he materialized a fighter jet out of thin air for the air force. Now what bishop or pastor can do that? Yet you claim that He is only about making money
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by wiegraf: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
now this is funny..read my question slowly and tell me how this relates to it.

Who says that has to do with any of your inane questions except the one where you ask me if there was a problem you d.olt?
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

Who says that has to do with any of your inane questions except the one where you ask me if there was a problem you d.olt?

well, I didn't open this thread to be asked questions by somehow who obviously can't use his brain. Thanks for stopping by, now gtfoh
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

But Criss Angel doesn't collect tithes or offerings or people's money for that matter. There was a time that in appreciation of the US Airforce, he materialized a fighter jet out of thin air for the air force. Now what bishop or pastor can do that? Yet you claim that He is only about making money

no Pastor would collect tithes if the Bible hadn't said such, pastors dont go about performing magic, magic is for magicians like Criss, oh..and pls tell me more about how Criss doesnt make money from his performances.!!
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by AtheistD(m): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
well do what you know how to do best..open a thread against pastors doing such(if you've not done dt already) as for me, I wont go about judging Men of God..especially when I've not come across a pastor who has told a dying Man not to see a doctor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14406818

There are other similar stories too
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by wiegraf: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
well, I didn't open this thread to be asked questions by somehow who obviously can't use his brain. Thanks for stopping by, now gtfoh

Heh heh. I'm not done yet. I like it here, it's a public forum. You asked for atheists to address this, we're doing that now. You cannot even tell us any anecdotal stories, let alone provide proof of these miracles we're supposed to have opinions of? That's a particularly stoopid thing to do, indicating you may have been dropped on your head as an infant. Wishful thinking, I know, as it's probably genetic. I would have preferred you didn't worsen our already sorry gene pool in this country.

Answer the question. You go to hospitals but believe in the eediocy that are miracles, yes?

To be fair, I'm not reading your posts per se, they're a bit too m.oronic to shift through, so you may have answered this before.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by Affiliated(m): 3:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
berylLOL:
no Pastor would collect tithes if the Bible hadn't said such, pastors dont go about performing magic, magic is for magicians like Criss, oh..and pls tell me more about how Criss doesnt make money from his performances.!!

I really don't understand what you are arguing about. You asked for an explanation for miracles and I gave you one. You claim its magic which is about money only so it doesn't count and I pointed out that the miracle workers also make money from their stunts. What exactly are you saying? Criss Angel makes money from selling television rights and merchandises rather than asking people to pay because God said of they do, He will pay them back. Please
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

I really don't understand what you are arguing about. You asked for an explanation for miracles and I gave you one. You claim its magic which is about money only so it doesn't count and I pointed out that the miracle workers also make money from their stunts. What exactly are you saying? Criss Angel makes money from selling television rights and merchandises rather than asking people to pay because God said of they do, He will pay them back. Please
I know, I get your point ok, was just tryna clear something about tithes collection.
Re: A Random Question For The Atheists by berylLOL(f): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
wiegraf:

Heh heh. I'm not done yet. I like it here, it's a public forum. You asked for atheists to address this, we're doing that now. You cannot even tell us any anecdotal stories, let alone provide proof of these miracles we're supposed to have opinions of? That's a particularly stoopid thing to do, indicating you may have been dropped on your head as an infant. Wishful thinking, I know, as it's probably genetic. I would have preferred you didn't worsen our already sorry gene pool in this country.

Answer the question. You go to hospitals but believe in the eediocy that are miracles, yes?

To be fair, I'm not reading your posts per se, they're a bit too m.oronic to shift through, so you may have answered this before.
but you are not addressing anything, you just blabbing, don't worry you've been duly noticed. it's obvious you dunno much about being an atheist(dats if you even one)..well you can go on posting and proving how stuupid you really are. Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interesting Questions, Who Wants To Try Answering Them? / 13 Most Dangerous Demons! / See What Bishop Clarence Mcclendon Said After Visiting Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.