Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,670 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Atheists Please Tell Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Me (3269 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Please Tell Me by advocate666: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2012
What is wrong with christians?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
undecided uhm, na thread be this?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
I dont get

What isnt wrong with xtians cool
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
Well, having formerly been a Christian, I do understand them. Its just like having a father who lived abroad but who you used to exchange letters with, a father with whom you shared your problems, your joy, your deepest secrets, infact a father whom you had grown to know and love.
And then to suddenly be told that he doesn't exist? Of course it would be hard to accept that, no matter how much fact is put in your face.
It's just like the guy who didn't know he was married to a man for over twenty years, he had to be taken to a mental institution for treatment. And here it's even worse.

My point, don't expect an easy job convincing them, you have to be patient.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
inurmind: Well, having formerly been a Christian, I do understand them. Its just like having a father who lived abroad but who used to exchange letters with you, a father with whom you shared your problems, your joy, your deepest secrets, infact a father whom you had grown to know and love.
And then to suddenly be told that he doesn't exist? Of course it would be hard to accept that, know matter how much fact is put in your face.
It's just like the guy who didn't know he was married to a man for over twenty years, he had to be taken to a mental institution for treatment. And here it's even worse.

M cryy point, don't expect an easy job convincing them, you have to be patient.

Harsh but true.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Princess1982(f): 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
I know what my problem is with atheist. They spend too much time trying to convince Christians that God don't exist. They look to sciences to prove creation then they come with this theory on how we came to be but this theory cannot be duplicated hell science can't even figure out how the Egyptians built the pyramids all those years ago but Atheist trust their opinion on something as complex as human life. When science can duplicate evolution then I would be comfortable with saying God does not exist.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by manmustwac(m): 12:22am On Dec 28, 2012
advocate666: What is wrong with christians?
Nothing wrong with them they're just waiting for Jesus. "Jesus is coming soon" But how soon? undecided
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 2:26am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: I know what my problem is with atheist. They spend too much time trying to convince Christians that God don't exist. They look to sciences to prove creation then they come with this theory on how we came to be but this theory cannot be duplicated hell science can't even figure out how the Egyptians built the pyramids all those years ago but Atheist trust their opinion on something as complex as human life. When science can duplicate evolution then I would be comfortable with saying God does not exist.

What do you mean duplicate evolution? Evolution is happening right now. Read up on the E-Coli bacteria.

As an alternative to evolution, Genesis account of creation records God creating all humans and animals as herbivores. Even if Genesis account is really what happened then why would some animals such as lions decide to change from the herbivores they were and evolve into an animal whose body cannot process plants?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Princess1982(f): 2:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Of course everything evolves somethings even evolve to adapt to a certain environment change but I am talking about the evolution theory that scientists claim is how human life came to be it cannot be duplicated.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 3:06am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: Of course everything evolves somethings even evolve to adapt to a certain environment change but I am talking about the evolution theory that scientists claim is how human life came to be it cannot be duplicated.

No I don't mean adapting. Take Lions for example. Their whole body was created perfectly to be a predator. Their eye sights, sharp teeth, claws, even their stomach cannot process grass. If you call that adapting then If humans one day start flying, breathing under water and so on. Wouldn't we just have adapted some more to our environment. Scientists don't claim evolution is how life came to be... Evolution is how our current stage of life came to be... or adaptation if that suits you better
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Princess1982(f): 3:12am On Dec 28, 2012
All I am saying is atheist believe that life on earth came to be by evolution. The short version there was a big bang and everthing evolved into what ever came to be. This theory cannot be duplicated because, it takes millions and billions of years therefore it will always remain a theory and never a fact scientists cannot and will not ever be able to prove this so how is it any different from Christians believing in a God? Then even if the theory was true then scientists have to answer what caused this bang? Why earth and why not the other planets floating around the universe. Scientists still have yet to figure out how the Egyptians created the pyramids without the high tech tools we have today yet men are so quick to put their faith in men. I would rather put my faith in something divine.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 3:25am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: All I am saying is atheist believe that life on earth came to be by evolution. The short version there was a big bang and everthing evolved into what ever came to be. This theory cannot be duplicated because, it takes millions and billions of years therefore it will always remain a theory and never a fact scientists cannot and will not ever be able to prove this so how is it any different from Christians believing in a God? Then even if the theory was true then scientists have to answer what caused this bang? Why earth and why not the other planets floating around the universe. Scientists still have yet to figure out how the Egyptians created the pyramids without the high tech tools we have today yet men are so quick to put their faith in men. I would rather put my faith in something divine.

About the E coli bacteria. Without sounding too technical, Scientists kept and observed this bacteria for 25 years which is 50000 generations of bacteria. At the end the bacteria had copied DNA and inserted them in areas near some cells to give them some ability they didn't have before. That was evolution.
About the bang, according to a cosmologist called Stephen Hawking nothing could have caused the bang at all. He concluded this from watching sub atomic particles that appear out of nowhere for no reason and disappear after a while. nothing causes it. And there was no time before the bang for a God to have created the bangable material in. E.g in black holes now which are very dense, there is nothing like time. If your body can withstand the gravity, you would live forever. The universe before the bang was infinitely small and infinitely dense so a kind of black hole... All this according to Stephen Hawking... Or better still time is another illusion.... According to me
About what to put your faith in, ideas have a life of their own and whatever ideas you subscribe to would keep looking for reinforcement while ignoring enemy ideas. It would take a far stronger idea or a drastic weakening of the idea for a change in beliefs to occur. So keep believing in God and let others keep believing in whatever they believe. That's the way humans are so just leave things you cannot change to be
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Princess1982(f): 3:29am On Dec 28, 2012
My older brother is a anthropologist and even after 15 years he says there are holes that will never be filled when it comes to human evolution. He was atheist for a few years but now he realize science will never be able to exclude God.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Princess1982(f): 3:36am On Dec 28, 2012
Oh I don't have a problem with atheist my brother was a atheist for years. I love all of mankind thats a Christ like trait I inherited from being raised Christian. I think atheist try to push their beliefs on everyone. Me being a believer of God believes that God gave everybody free will to believe as they please.
Affiliated:

About the E coli bacteria. Without sounding too technical, Scientists kept and observed this bacteria for 25 years which is 50000 generations of bacteria. At the end the bacteria had copied DNA and inserted them in areas near some cells to give them some ability they didn't have before. That was evolution.
About the bang, according to a cosmologist called Stephen Hawking nothing could have caused the bang at all. He concluded this from watching sub atomic particles that appear out of nowhere for no reason and disappear after a while. nothing causes it. And there was no time before the bang for a God to have created the bangable material in. E.g in black holes now which are very dense, there is nothing like time. If your body can withstand the gravity, you would live forever. The universe before the bang was infinitely small and infinitely dense so a kind of black hole... All this according to Stephen Hawking... Or better still time is another illusion.... According to me
About what to put your faith in, ideas have a life of their own and whatever ideas you subscribe to would keep looking for reinforcement while ignoring enemy ideas. It would take a far stronger idea or a drastic weakening of the idea for a change in beliefs to occur. So keep believing in God and let others keep believing in whatever they believe. That's the way humans are so just leave things you cannot change to be
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 3:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: Oh I don't have a problem with atheist my brother was a atheist for years. I love all of mankind thats a Christ like trait I inherited from being raised Christian. I think atheist try to push their beliefs on everyone. Me being a believer of God believes that God gave everybody free will to believe as they please.

Good for you. That's how human beings should get along grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Princess1982(f): 3:54am On Dec 28, 2012
I will let my bro get on here and explain his theory on evolution unfortunately I am only gifted when it comes to math and numbers. Thats why he is the scientists and I am the accountant lol.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 3:58am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: I will let my bro get on here and explain his theory on evolution unfortunately I am only gifted when it comes to math and numbers. Thats why he is the scientists and I am the accountant lol.

Lol. We'll be glad to hear it. About the pyramid thing, the earth fell asleep. Its waking up now though
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: Of course everything evolves somethings even evolve to adapt to a certain environment change but I am talking about the evolution theory that scientists claim is how human life came to be it cannot be duplicated.
they major on the microevolution(e.coli) then assume(extrapolate) it to be macroevolution. Yes we have daily microevolution but we dont have macroevolution which i believe is what they term d big b.ang!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:
Scientists don't claim evolution is how life came to be...
does this not contradict the next statement?
Evolution is how our current stage of life came to be... or adaptation if that suits you better
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2012
Princess1982: universe. Scientists still have yet to figure out how the Egyptians created the pyramids without the high tech tools we have today yet men are so quick to put their faith in men. I would rather put my faith in something divine.
i would go wit you on that.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2012
What is wrong with advocate666?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:
in. E.g in black holes now which are very dense, there is nothing like time. If your body can withstand the gravity, you would live forever. The universe before the slam was infinitely small and infinitely dense so a kind of black hole... All this according to Stephen Hawking... Or better still time is another illusion.
no one has seen any black hole, just an imagination of some man.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud: they major on the microevolution(e.coli) then assume(extrapolate) it to be macroevolution. Yes we have daily microevolution but we dont have macroevolution which i believe is what they term d big b.ang!

So if 2+2 is 4 isn't it safe to say 200,000,000+200,000,000 is 400,000,000
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud: does this not contradict the next statement?

No. it does not contradict. The very first life form from which evolution began... didn't evolve
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by advocate666: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

So if 2+2 is 4 isn't it safe to say 200,000,000+200,000,000 is 400,000,000

I don't think that is the meaning of extrapolation.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:04am On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud: no one has seen any black hole, just an imagination of some man.

Definitely not an imagination
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by advocate666: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

No. it does not contradict. The very first life form from which evolution began... didn't evolve

?? what ??!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:08am On Dec 28, 2012
advocate666:

I don't think that is the meaning of extrapolation.

You using extrapolate in that sense is not quite accurate. Bacterias are life forms just like us and its not of watching what happens on a small scale to determine what happens on a grander scale
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:11am On Dec 28, 2012
advocate666:

?? what ??!! shocked shocked shocked

My dictionary defines evolution as: a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state : GROWTH (2) : a process of gradual and relatively peaceful social, political, and economic advance d : something evolved and 4 a : the historical development of a biological group (as a race or species) : PHYLOGENY b : a theory that the various types of animals and plants have their origin in other preexisting types and that the distinguishable differences are due to modifications in successive generations; also : the process described by this theory.

Evolution is about changes so the very first life form couldn't have evolved
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 28, 2012
Forget about the evolution of the world, have you guys ever bothered to study the evolution of your religion? Have you bothered to study it's history from the very beginning? Have you bothered to read the other books that were left out of the bible for political reasons e.g. the gospel of Thomas(which might be the oldest gospel), the gospel of Mary Magdalene, even the gospel of Judas? Have you bothered to study other religions that predated it e.g. the canaanite religion, Buddhism, the Egyptian religion? Have you bothered to search for the archeological evidence proving the temple and even existence of king Solomon, King David etc.? Have you bothered to search for hieroglyphics the Egyptians might have written about the Israelites?
Take a good look at your religion before you criticise anything else.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Heatblast(m): 10:17am On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud: they major on the microevolution(e.coli) then assume(extrapolate) it to be macroevolution. Yes we have daily microevolution but we dont have macroevolution which i believe is what they term d big b.ang!

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:21am On Dec 28, 2012
Heatblast:

Right? Right? I just decided to ignore that part

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Homo Sapiens, See Your Histories / Are The Angels Of God Male Or Female? / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.