Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Atheists Please Tell Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Me (3265 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by DandeNumeruno(m): 10:24am On Dec 28, 2012
Whether you are Christian or atheist, know this:
Another life is going on in another galaxy, some thousand light years away from our own galaxy, the milky way.

Whether you want to accept it or out, aliens do exist and they are watching you!!!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2012
Dan_de_Numeruno: Whether you are Christian or atheist, know this:
Another life is going on in another galaxy, some thousand light years away from our own galaxy, the milky way.

Whether you want to accept it or out, aliens do exist and they are watching you!!!

They might not be as intelligent as us so how can we gurantee that they are watching us?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2012
Atheist:-D:

They might not be as intelligent as us so how can we gurantee that they are watching us?

Before life on earth started there should have been life elsewhere for many billions of years. There's life all over the universe. There would be those that are more advanced than us
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

Before life on earth started there should have been life elsewhere for many billions of years. There's life all over the universe. There would be those that are more advanced than us

An assumption.

Life elsewhere YES
More intelligent POSSIBLY

There is no way to know umtil we have contact.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 11:05am On Dec 28, 2012

An assumption.

Life elsewhere YES

There is no way to know until we have contact.

Of course smiley
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2012

An assumption.

Life elsewhere YES

There is no way to know umtil we have contact.

Many people have claimed to have had contact with them, and all those videos of ufo's have got to account for something.
Also, many people believe they were here early on, that they were even the original gods, and they have shocking evidence to prove it.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2012
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind:

Many people have claimed to have had contact with them, and all those videos of ufo's have got to account for something.
Also, many people believe they were here early on, that they were even the original gods, and they have shocking evidence to prove it.

I dont buy it. A lot of ppl claim to have had spiritual visitations too.

If these aliens exist and have come to earth... what for? Why kidnap and ana.lly probe farmers? Everything about is available free without the need to risk allowing themselves to be noticed.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Chubhie: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind: Forget about the evolution of the world, have you guys ever bothered to study the evolution of your religion? Have you bothered to study it's history from the very beginning? Have you bothered to read the other books that were left out of the bible for political reasons e.g. the gospel of Thomas(which might be the oldest gospel), the gospel of Mary Magdalene, even the gospel of Judas? Have you bothered to study other religions that predated it e.g. the canaanite religion, Buddhism, the Egyptian religion? Have you bothered to search for the archeological evidence proving the temple and even existence of king Solomon, King David etc.? Have you bothered to search for hieroglyphics the Egyptians might have written about the Israelites?
Take a good comprehensive look at your religion before you criticise anything else.
For the sake of scholarship and in pursuit of knowledge, i encourage christains to study to show themselves approved. You wont stand any chance if all you ever do is argue from very limited resources.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
Dan_de_Numeruno: Whether you are Christian or atheist, know this:

A strong possibility.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

True. Universe is a vast place with many possibilities.
Just of recent, NASA put forward a theory that life might have existed on Mars long before life started to evolve on earth.
According to the test conducted on martian soil samples, water used to exist on Mars. And we all know where there is H20, life is inevitable.
Right now Mars is basically a dead planet with no oxygen, but maybe it wasn't always so.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2012

I dont buy it. A lot of ppl claim to have had spiritual visitations too.

If these aliens exist and have come to earth... what for? Why kidnap and ana.lly probe farmers? Everything about is available free without the need to risk allowing themselves to be noticed.
Sound fantastic, doesn't it? But if alien life forms should decide to invade earth tomorrow, they would like to know our resistance capability first, right?
That's where scouts come into the picture.
And what is one quality of a scout/spy; Remain hidden while you observe your enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2012
Frostyzone:
Sound fantastic, doesn't it? But if alien life forms should decide to evade earth tomorrow, they would like to know our resistance capability first, right?
That's where scouts come into the picture.
And what is one quality of a scout/spy; Remain hidden while you observe your enemy.

Yeah.. but the problem is they are not hidden. Even the abrahamic god has done a bettet job of hiding than they have.

If they wanted to invade, there are a gazillion strategies to employ without exposing themselves.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2012

Yeah.. but the problem is they are not hidden. Even the abrahamic god has done a bettet job of hiding than they have.

If they wanted to invade, there are a gazillion strategies to employ without exposing themselves.

You think like a human, which you are. But they ain't. Maybe, by observing us, they are learning our ways, the way we think, etc.
And maybe the definition of invasion to them is slightly different from ours.
Maybe their own version of invasion is more like assimilation.
There are many possibilities pal, many possibilities.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by advocate666: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Or maybe we are the aliens and others are afraid of us. Who knows.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Frostyzone:

You think like a human, which you are. But they ain't. Maybe, by observing us, they are learning our ways, the way we think, etc.
And maybe the definition of invasion to them is slightly different from ours.
Maybe their own version of invasion is more like assimilation.
There are many possibilities pal, many possibilities.

Regardless. Thw key to an invasion/assimilation is to ensure they take over with minimum hassle. The logical way to do such would be to expose oneself minimally. The way they go about things I would assume they are not that intelligent.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
advocate666: Or maybe we are the aliens and others are afraid of us. Who knows.
That too...lol!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
advocate666: Or maybe we are the aliens and others are afraid of us. Who knows.

Yeah right. We can barely leave our planet. Who would be afraid of us
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2012

Regardless. Thw key to an invasion/assimilation is to ensure they take over with minimum hassle. The logical way to do such would be to expose oneself minimally. The way they go about things I would assume they are not that intelligent.
You would have to catch them first to prove that they are here at all, not just a figment of over hyper imagination.
And last time I checked, no such luck. So maybe they are smarter than you give them credit for.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

So if 2 2 is 4 isn't it safe to say 200,000,000 200,000,000 is 400,000,000
then why have scientists uptil now have not been able to phathom how the pyramid of egypt was made from the evidence they have on ground?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

Definitely not an imagination
have you scientifically seen one apart from what is assumed in documentaries?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

No. it does not contradict. The very first life form from which evolution began... didn't evolve
on one hand you say DONT know HOW, on the other You said how evolution occured? Please can you be clearer
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Heatblast(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Oh.. Great we are talking about aliens now(my favorite topic) cheesy

According to ancient astronaut theory, we've been visited by intelligent aliens in the past.

This could account for the numerous religions on earth today.

Has anyone ever wondered why most gods(if not all) come/live from/in the sky?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

My dictionary defines evolution as: a process of continuous change from a lower, simpler, or worse to a higher, more complex, or better state :

Evolution is about changes so the very first life form couldn't have evolved
from the above definition, it says FROM simpler TO complex abi?
About the E coli bacteria. Without sounding too technical, Scientists kept and observed this bacteria for 25 years which is 50000 generations of bacteria. At the end the bacteria had copied DNA and inserted them in areas near some cells to give them some ability they didn't have before.
now about the e.coli you mentioned, what happened was simply MICROEVOLUTION and not MACROEVOLUTION. Becos they are still e.coli not something out of the extra ordinary. And you said
Evolution is about changes so the very first life form couldn't have evolved
so the VERY FIRST LIFE simply appeared abi since it cant evolve from sum thing?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind: Forget about the evolution of the world, have you guys ever bothered to study the evolution of your religion? Have you bothered to study it's history from the very beginning? Have you bothered to read the other books that were left out of the bible for political reasons e.g. the gospel of Thomas(which might be the oldest gospel), the gospel of Mary Magdalene, even the gospel of Judas? Have you bothered to study other religions that predated it e.g. the canaanite religion, Buddhism, the Egyptian religion? Have you bothered to search for the archeological evidence proving the temple and even existence of king Solomon, King David etc.? Have you bothered to search for hieroglyphics the Egyptians might have written about the Israelites?
Take a good look at your religion before you criticise anything else.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
This hisblud is just really terrible at english or a very good troll. Evolution from Simpler to Complex. The very first simple that came from nothing simpler before it doesn't classify as evolution.
What is imagination? Science didn't imagine black holes. there are evidences that support it.
Your talk about micro evolution and macro evolution is just nonsense. Either you deny evolution altogether or you accept it. You cannot alter it to suit your prejudice.
About the ancient pyramids. In the words of National Geographic, Two words for you "Ancient Aliens"
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
The very first simple that came from nothing simpler before it doesn't classify as evolution.
hmm can some one help me here! The very simple that came FROM NOTHING! We believe!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud: . hmm can some one help me here! The very simple that came FROM NOTHING! We believe!

Yes. That came from nothing but energy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud:

For the sake of respect I will not call you an ignorant coward.
Surely you can do better than this.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
Frostyzone:
You would have to catch them first to prove that they are here at all, not just a figment of over hyper imagination.
And last time I checked, no such luck. So maybe they are smarter than you give them credit for.

Perhaps but they cant be that smart if the whole world knows about them. Hell every year they feature in a blockbuster movie wink
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Affiliated:

Yes. That came from nothing but energy
an atheist believing that our origin just came out of NOTHING! This has an element of faith! Do you agree!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind:

For the sake of respect I will not call you an ignorant coward.
Surely you can do better than this.
thanks but go ahead and be my guest grin but have you registered at the atheistcensus site please inform mobilize and register

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Tithe Be Shared Amongst The Church, Stranger, Widow And The Poor? / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers / Police Tell Man To Remove Zombie Jesus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.