Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Atheists Please Tell Me - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Me (3260 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
hisblud: an atheist believing that our origin just came out of NOTHING! This has an element of faith! Do you agree!

1. We are still basically energy. Just energy taking different forms and having different abilities. All matter broken down to its most basic form is energy

2. Is it a crime for an atheist to have faith? Just not faith in a human like being sitting on a white chair in the sky
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 29, 2012
Affiliated:

1. We are still basically energy. Just energy taking different forms and having different abilities. All matter broken down to its most basic form is energy

2. Is it a crime for an atheist to have faith? Just not faith in a human like being sitting on a white chair in the sky
1. is energy = nothing?
2. About faith, i like that, but its unfortunate some atheist assume they solely live by reasoning when actual sense, they ALSO live by faith even if its not in the Unseen God but in an unseen theory!

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2012
hisblud:
1. is energy = nothing?
2. About faith, i like that, but its unfortunate some atheist assume they solely live by reasoning when actual sense, they ALSO live by faith even if its not in the Unseen God but in an unseen theory!

I didn't claim the first life form came from nothing. I said nothing simpler but energy. Energy is something and all there is. In the proper sense of the word there's no such thing as nothing. But energy is what we claim to be everything, something and nothing.

Well there are some christians who claim they don't depend on science at all. That doesn't mean all christianity denies science. Atheism does not have anything to do with faith or the lack of it. Everyone has to put their faith or belief in something. We just don't put it in God.
I can't deny that religion has some certain powers that can be used to imprison or free an individual and the people that compiled religious books most likely infused it with 4th dimensional powers however its methods are plain madness.
The method of science. The aim of religion is more like it.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Perhaps but they cant be that smart if the whole world knows about them. Hell every year they feature in a blockbuster movie wink
Lol! That's based on our own sentiments regarding the little green men from outer space.
It doesn't imply that anyone had actually seen one. Or have you?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by AtheistD(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2012
Frostyzone:
Lol! That's based on our own sentiments regarding the little green men from outer space.

But what about all those reports grin

I havent yet seen them. If they exist and are monitoring is it will be remotely (the logical way). So we wont know either way.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 11:02am On Dec 29, 2012
hisblud:
1. is energy = nothing?
2. About faith, I like that, but its unfortunate some atheist assume they solely live by reasoning when in actual sense, they ALSO live by faith even if its not in the Unseen God but in an unseen theory!

First and foremost, there is nothing like an unseen theory.
Allow me to explain why, starting with the definition;
A hypothesis assumed for the sake of
argument or investigation

Which in other words meant unproven assumption, right?
But it doesn't end there. Infact it's an ongoing process. It doesn't tolerate faith, because it doesn't need to. That's the beauty of science.
Eventually the theory will transformed into facts. That's how aeroplane came be, among other seemingly impossible achievements.
At first, it was a concept, then a theory before it finally became a reality.
Bottom line:Real atheists like myself doesn't need faith when theories are there to guide and motivate us to seek the truth about everything and then improve them for the whole world to comprehend.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2012
Atheist:-D:

But what about all those reports grin

I havent yet seen them. If they exist and are monitoring is it will be remotely (the logical way). So we wont know either way.
Exactly.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 29, 2012
hisblud: thanks but go ahead and be my guest grin but have you registered at the atheistcensus site please inform mobilize and register

Nice way to avoid my questions.
Smh
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by unphilaz(m): 11:49am On Dec 29, 2012
i have been reading this post and it really interesting. i want to make an observation.
Affiliated:

Yes. That came from nothing but energy

Affiliated: This hisblud is just really terrible at english or a very good troll. Evolution from Simpler to Complex. The very first simple that came from nothing simpler before it doesn't classify as evolution.

Affiliated:

I didn't claim the first life form came from nothing. I said nothing simpler but energy. Energy is something and all there is. In the proper sense of the word there's no such thing as nothing. But energy is what we claim to be everything, something and nothing.

Is this the use of words or something else? there is an agreement that energy came from nothing, on another front, it is energy does not come Nothing!!! am i missing anything... sorry i dont intend to digress the thread but this is not adding up? lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by unphilaz(m): 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
Frostyzone:

First and foremost, there is nothing like an unseen theory.
Allow me to explain why, starting with the definition;
A hypothesis assumed for the sake of
argument or investigation

Which in other words meant unproven assumption, right?
have you seen the first big b.ang!!!

But it doesn't end there. Infact it's an ongoing process. It doesn't tolerate faith, because it doesn't need to. That's the beauty of science.

Eventually the theory will transformed into facts.

Hoping that the unproven assumption will be proven as theory. but until then its an unproven assumption!!!

That's how aeroplane came be, among other seemingly impossible achievements.
At first, it was a concept, then a theory before it finally became a reality.

granted, Yes we can SEE the aeroplane. 1st concept =>theory => reality. But for how long must we wait for the unproven assumption to change to theory before we SEE it with our naked eyes?

Bottom line:Real atheists like myself doesn't need faith when theories are there to guide and motivate us to seek the truth about everything and then improve them for the whole world to comprehend.
Affiliated:
Atheism does not have anything to do with faith or the lack of it. Everyone has to put their faith or belief in something. We just don't put it in God.
I can't deny that religion has some certain powers that can be used to imprison or free an individual and the people that compiled religious books most likely infused it with 4th dimensional powers however its methods are plain madness.
The method of science. The aim of religion is more like it.

Affiliate you are not a real scientist unlike frostyzone who does not NEED faith like you grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
unphilaz:
have you seen the first big b.ang!!!

You wouldn't be asking this question if you are conversant with Chemistry and Physics. Anything under the na.ked eyes is possible, amigo.

unphilaz: Hoping that the unproven assumption will be proven as theory. but until then its an unproven assumption!!!

That's what makes it a theory and differentiate it from the religious myths floating around.

unphilaz: granted, Yes we can SEE the aeroplane. 1st concept =>theory => reality. But for how long must we wait for the unproven assumption to change to theory before we SEE it with our naked eyes?

Science requires Patience and Commitment. Take for example, you planted a Mango seed at the back of your house. Would you leave it at that? Of course not! You need to continually tend to it for atleast the minimum of 3 years, to finally reap the fruit of your labor.
A similar Scenario applies to science;A continuous unwavering effort to turn a theory into fact.
Like the saying goes---Rome wasn't built in a day, after all.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2012
unphilaz:
Affiliate you are not a real scientist unlike frostyzone who does not NEED faith like you grin grin shocked shocked shocked

I never claimed to be a scientist. While many atheists place their faith in science and its methods. Atheism and science are totally different things
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
unphilaz:
Is this the use of words or something else? there is an agreement that energy came from nothing, on another front, it is energy does not come Nothing!!! am i missing anything... sorry i dont intend to digress the thread but this is not adding up? lipsrsealed

The subject was evolution or changes in animals over time. And I said the very first animal life form that didn't change from anything prior to it but was a result of pure energy couldnt have evolved from something before it.
Everything is still a result of pure energy though
About the energy part, energy doesn't come from nothing. Energy is all there is, all there has been and all there will be. What we think is nothing is energy. What we know as something is energy. Everything is energy

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by unphilaz(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2012
Frostyzone:
Take for example, you planted a Mango seed at the back of your house. Would you leave it at that? Of course not! You need to continually tend to it for atleast the minimum of 3 years, to finally reap the fruit of your labor.
A similar Scenario applies to science;A continuous unwavering effort to turn a theory into fact.
Like the saying goes---Rome wasn't built in a day, after all.

This will be for all ages to be able to prove(see) evolution LIVE! Until then its an unproven Assumption. And there was this film i watched, it stated "ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL F.U.RKUP!

And mind you assuming has never assured of safety...and this is more than a century already if am not mistaken...and will continue for another century...infinity!!! Thus we might never know...what a sad way...take the unsolved murders eg ZODIAC that till today, the writing has not been decrpted nor the killer ever been found by all scientific invention ...
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2012
unphilaz:

This will be for all ages to be able to prove(see) evolution LIVE! Until then its an unproven Assumption. And there was this film i watched, it stated "ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL F.U.RKUP!

An mind you assuming has never assured of safety...
I detest blind arguments. I hereby rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Frostyzone(m): 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
Affiliated:

The subject was evolution or changes in animals over time. And I said the very first animal life form that didn't change from anything prior to it but was a result of pure energy couldnt have evolved from something before it.
Everything is still a result of pure energy though
About the energy part, energy doesn't come from nothing. Energy is all there is, all there has been and all there will be. What we think is nothing is energy. What we know as something is energy. Everything is energy
Let's see;
Part of The Law of Attraction, states that all living beings are energy.
The Law of Conservation of Mass states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
~So basically, you are correct.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2012
Frostyzone:
Let's see;
Part of The Law of Attraction, says that all living beings are energy.
The Law of Conservation of Mass says that energy cannot be created or destroyed.
~So basically, you are correct.

I'm glad you agree
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 29, 2012
Should I indulge or should I not?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
Reyginus: Should I indulge or should I not?

Please indulge
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by advocate666: 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
Affiliated:

Please indulge

I think he means, "should I start asking nonsensical questions?"
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 6:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
advocate666:

Lol. No knowledge is lost... Even knowledge gained from such questions
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by greatgenius: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
Good job @ Affiliated... Energy is all there is .. God is all there is and nothing else forever and eternal ..it is all That is.. don't know how many times I have to repeat this...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by greatgenius: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2012
advocate666:

Lol ... @ Reqginus calls them logical questions..
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
advocate666:

Mr satanist, how you do?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
greatgenius: Lol ... @ Reqginus calls them logical questions..
Let me help you. I am God, I am not God. I am greatgenius, I am not greatgenius. I am a satanist, I am not a satanist. I am an atheist, I am a religionist. Now how does that make you feel?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by wiegraf: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2012
@reyg, you intend to 'think' here as well? Please please indulge..
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
Frostyzone:

Check this thread: www.nairaland.com/1137498/roswell-ufo-alien-spaceship-ex-cia

It's about the roswell '47 UFO incident!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2012
greatgenius: Good job @ Affiliated... Energy is all there is .. God is all there is and nothing else forever and eternal ..it is all That is.. don't know how many times I have to repeat this...

Thank you and keep repeating it as long as possible.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2012
wiegraf: @reyg, you intend to 'think' here as well? Please please indulge..
You! You are wiegraf and not wiegraf!
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by wiegraf: 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
Reyginus: You! You are wiegraf and not wiegraf!
!!!!

Non sequitor!?! This SOmE sort of MInD TRIck!!!

Edit: Ohh, yeah, context. I don't follow his philosophy. I don't even try. But how does that make you innocent?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Affiliated(m): 10:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
Reyginus: You! You are wiegraf and not wiegraf!

In a sense. Have you ever heard about Ego and real self? Please don't sue me lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists Please Tell Me by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
wiegraf:
!!!!

Non sequitor!?! This SOmE sort of MInD TRIck!!!
It is a mind trick and not a mind trick.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholics That Don't Pray In The Name Of Jesus Are In The Kingdom of Darkness / Yoruba Version Of Life After Death. It Is Logical And Scientific / Jesus FC VS Naija Church Leaders UNITED: And The Winner Is...Jesus Of Course!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.