Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,953 members, 7,814,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better (10659 Views)

Disposable Pants / Best Diaper For Babies / How Much Does A Packet Of Disposable Diaper Cost In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
ATMC: you do ERR brah
grin grin YOU ERR NOT KNOWING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE PLANET grin
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by mu2sa2: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
If you use disposable pls dispose off properly otherwise use washable. I used to have neighbours who throw disposable diapers just beside there gate- very dirty folks.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Theblessed(f): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=16pt]Well, depending on how big the size of your husband's wallet is, and taking into account your hygiene needs and that of the baby/family/relatives/friends/neighbours then, disposable is a good option.

However, wash 'n' hang is a better option for those not trying to be like the 'Joneses'else there might be crying in Ramah when the funds runs out and, you will still 'wash'n'hang' - so what's the point?

Just wash and hang if you haven't got the money to stretch - use your brain, cut your coat according to your size and stop emulating your friends and neighbours!

Be true to yourself!
[/size]
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by ATMC(f): 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: grin grin YOU ERR NOT KNOWING ABOUT THE STATE OF THE PLANET grin
ah, brah, you err for thinkin dt i err
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by tny60(f): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
washable is the best but it involves a lot more work. and disposable stuff is never good for the environment or the pocket.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by teeties(f): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2012
None of the above
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

.......And so do disposable diapers.

I must be lucky then. Because neither of my kids have had diaper rash. My kid sister used terry diapers, and had diaper rash, so did my nephew. And our health visitor gave us the choice of either, though she said washables (terry diapers) can cause diaper rash, as they are much more abrasive when wet.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
ATMC: ah, brah, you err for thinkin dt i err
CHECKMATE cry
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2012
noskeybaba: One funny thing here is that most of u here claiming disposable shi.it used washable diapers called NAPKIN!!! Should we call it hypocrisy??

Bro, you're not making much sense.

How would what a baby used influence what their babies would use? How many of us here can remember what sort of diapers we wore? Of course, anyone here over the age of 20 would most likely have used washables, or gone without.

Those that didn't wear any diapers as babies, does that mean their kids should go bare butt as a result?
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by armyofone(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Nna, na so things come hard reach grin washable ba?
who got the time to be washing stuff, unless the guy will be doing the washing in which case, i'd go for the washable tongue

like baby mama said, make sure he has money before following him to the alter.
marry a guy with head on his shoulder, sufferhead no be pride grin
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by chacha3(f): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2012
Disposable diapers all d way cos I no fit shout ooooo.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by ATMC(f): 10:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
obadiah777: CHECKMATE cry
*smile*
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by redsun(m): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Washable is more nuture bonding between baby and mother,cheap and more enviromentally friendly.And probably more comfortable for the baby.

Disposable is of the time,of the fast and wasteful age.Though convinient but with loads of consequencies.

Lets be of old,and still be innovative
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by repogirl(f): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2012
Dispoable for me. Will save me time and then more hygenic. What if u wash and dry and then rain falls before it dries?
Naaa disposable any day.
I remember my mom saying she washed my diapers so much she gOt a whitlow. Nt fun atall.:/
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Originalsly: 1:38am On Dec 29, 2012
Which is better for who? Disposable is more convenient b coolut is there provision to dispose of the disposablIe? I would recommend disposable if you live in a city that where there there is scheduled garbage pick ups. If not,...except if carrying the baby to clinic, church etc.....where does one store the disposable? ... toss it out in the street?... can you imagine the hmmm...odour coming from the home of the disposable with nowhere to dispose? ...am about to faint.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by aniffy4eva(m): 4:40am On Dec 29, 2012
OP
You underestimate the volume of poop these babies produce at a go grin
After enduring the stench... ... Wash ke? shocked
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by PrettyCindy(f): 8:44am On Dec 29, 2012
Disposable diaper is very convenient but it doesn't in any way make your child's health to be safe. Napkins on the other hand are stressful to maintain but at the same time cost effective and very useful. If used well, your child's bottom will not suffer from any rash as have been implied here.
For those who want to use both (if you can't afford pampers only), you can use the napkins during the day and pampers at night for comfortability of your baby. Every mum should be able to do what is best for her and her baby. Never go out of your way to please others by going to buy pampers when you have little or nothing to eat.

4 Likes

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2012
PrettyCindy: Disposable diaper is very convenient but it doesn't in any way make your child's health to be safe. Napkins on the other hand are stressful to maintain but at the same time cost effective and very useful. If used well, your child's bottom will not suffer from any rash as have been implied here.
For those who want to use both (if you can't afford pampers only), you can use the napkins during the day and pampers at night for comfortability of your baby. Every mum should be able to do what is best for her and her baby. Never go out of your way to please others by going to buy pampers when you have little or nothing to eat.

Good suggestion! In addition, for those that don't have enough income, during the day you can as well leave the baby's bu.t.t. free from all the heat from hot weather. Let it breath ( I mean the bu.t.t.) just put a cloth underneath it like what we use to have in the early 20s. cheesy.....
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by adaphic: 10:53am On Dec 29, 2012
PrettyCindy: Disposable diaper is very convenient but it doesn't in any way make your child's health to be safe. Napkins on the other hand are stressful to maintain but at the same time cost effective and very useful. If used well, your child's bottom will not suffer from any rash as have been implied here.
U hv nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by sandiyke(f): 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2012
Disposabels ABEG. One of d best things dat has happened to new generation mums.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Freezle(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2012
I'm really surprised a full grown man is asking this question because you should know a disposal diaper is better, except you concerning the financial aspect of things.
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by MamiaDiaper: 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hello Mummys and daddys,
When it comes to babies’ bottoms, every parent needs effective nappies and wipes at a fair price that help get the job done. Why waste time shopping around when panels of parents like you have figured out that Mamia diapers offer the quality and value you need?
Call 08091811564 for the testimony and supplies.If you like huggies,you will love mamia and appreciate your savings even more
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by Hpystmum: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
Fluff!

Cloth diapers are SOOOOOO freaking easy in this day. You dont have to have pins for them. They make things called "Snappis" that replace the pins. They have velcroe and snap options even. 1 diaper (called one-size) can last a child from newborn to potty learning.

please, where can I get the modern cloth diaper in Nigeria
Re: Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2016
Different solutions for different people. Each with its own pros and cons.
For me its fluff all the way!

Reusable / cloth nappies may be pricey at the onset but work out cheaper at the long run ( 2-3 years of diapering per child)
Cloth nappies come in various styles these days and can be accomodated in a wide range of budgets. (so its not only for less financially fortunate people as some of the posts on this thread seem to suggest)

As for nappy rash - as long as you change frequently enough and allow baby's bum some airtime in between changes it is really not an issue. The same goes for disposables.

In my opinion, disposables may encourage laziness on the part of mums because of their absorbancy, we mums tend to leave it on for way longer than is neccesary . I have seen babies with disposables almost reaching their knees as they are so full..... please why should a child be in a wet nappy cloth or disposable for 12 hours? (Imagine if you as an adult had to use incontinence pants or adult diapers as some people call them- will you sit in the same soiled one for 12 hrs?) Some people also leave it on longer than necessary due to the cost as well, so they dont change the nappies as often as they need to.

For new mums getting the hang of caring for a newborn, it may not be the wisest thing to start with cloth nappies, as you can get a bit overwelmed. Also i found that at that age the one size cloth diapers dont fit too great. However i wasnt going to waste monwy on newborn sized cloth nappies as they would be outgrown so quickly.

I used only disposables for the first month and then switched to cloth nappies. Lil' Alphababy is 4 months now and although we still use some disposables, its mainly because i got so much of it as gifts when she was born.

If you have a washing machine, washing is quite easy.
If you are worried about the poo, there are liners(both flushable and reusable) that help with that. Also bear in mind that except for the odd bout of runny tummy, you only deal with poo once or twice a day. And believe me i have had way less poo leaks with cloth than with disposables...... ( especially those annoying explosive breastfed types that get half way up their backs and you have to change and wash EVERYTHING.... baby included)

For convinience disposables are great, and you may want to use them if out of the house, however i have used both on outings and there really is no difference if you are using the all-in-one types with velcro fastening.

However if you dont have a good changing space when out and about and need to balance baby precariously on some ledge while trying to stop him or her from rolling about and smearing bright yellow poo everywhere..... then disposables are kinda easier.

But as i said at the start of this my epistle..... different solutions for different people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

His, Hers Or Ours? / Know Your Spouse Personals':- Score Yourself! / Two Months After Wedding, No Sex. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.