Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments (25028 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
sambos994:

Osaze is a striker .....what position do you think he plays for his club?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/people/nigeria/7622/peter-odemwingie

Osaze plays right side of a 5 man midfield, not a striker
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2012
honeric01:

Wetin concern stats with a player fitting into a coach's plan? all i know is that he's not fit.

Excuse me!!!!

Osaze could play in 4 4 2, 4 2 3 1, 4 5 1 or 4 3 3 formation and Keshi still struggles to fit a utility player into his plans?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by burningspear(m): 9:43pm On Dec 29, 2012
No matter the angle we look at it, Osaze's outburst is unnecessary. Let's teach our children not only intelligence but also character values. In 2004 AFCON, there were players who were dropped while Osaze was taken. None of the dropped players twitted.

Take Osaze to 2013 AFCON, he'll rock the boat! With this attitude, no disciplined coach will take him to camp (a caution against disunity). What actually is this Osaze's pride? Rufia and Olofinjana were well educated while playing for Nigeria. We have players who have been there before and proved themselves time and time again. Can his so called commitment match that of Aghahowa's, Amokachi's or Amuneke's? When Amokachi was being played instead of Siasia, heaven's did not fall. How did Emenalo make the USA 94 team? Remember he wasn't even invited in the first place. Equaveon captained Nigeria in the '94 AFCON finals when Eagles beat Zambia. Can someone still remember what happened when our team was presented with the cup? Equaveon humbly handed it over to Keshi! What a humble attitude!! It speaks of unity and selflessness in camp.
Now that Martins is about to be invited (by mother providence), this will teach not only Osaze, but all of us, that that arrogance is only but a loss while and humility (and patience) is gain, a virtue, a finer ornament.

Even if our poor-rated team comes back home after the first round, many Nigerians will still be proud of them. Unknown to some people, Keshi has just scored a great point!

Our beloved Osaze has fallen our hands, again!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 9:44pm On Dec 29, 2012
baby-boy:

Excuse me!!!!

Osaze could play in 4 4 2, 4 2 3 1, 4 5 1 or 4 3 3 formation and Keshi still struggles to fit a utility player into his plans?

Keshi said he does not want him, what do you want to do about it? Keshi said he has other players he prefers to Osaze, Osaze can't play forever and even from the beginning, Keshi hardly used Osaze, so why are we now making it sound as if Osaze did any part in the recent success the SE's experienced so far, so na by force to pick osaze ni?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2012
honeric01:
He does not fit into the coach's plan, wetin make we come do na? the coach prefers others to him.
You ninjas should read my post well well! I never said Keshi must pick Osaze!! If he doesn't fit into his plans all well and good! But he has the right to question the rationale and voice his opinion if he thinks he has been treated unfairly! Why is this so hard for people to understand this?

Olaolufred: A-40,
I think you have tried your best defending Osaze.
I use to do also.
I was not too glad he picked up fight with Siasia at beijing.
Since then, I had some mixed feelings about his personality.
Coaches disagree with their players all the time! This is not a new phenomena! Osaze did not start it and he would not end it! Keshi,Ikpeba where not saints in their days either

Olaolufred:
However, all he did just because his name was not listed for afcon2013
revealed to me he has big character flaws.
Osaze has pride, and he is impulsive,that will limit his career.
Remember, he has never signed a contract of 15million pound all his life.
I'm pretty sure Osaze is not complaining because he was left out of the team its the way and manner it was done. Plus certain things where said about him that he felt he had to clarify! No one is willing to actually hear his side of the story before passing judgement
As for never signing a 15million pound contract well how many Nigerians have? Past or present?

Olaolufred:
I think he should have been aiming a better career than this gross indiscipline.
I do respect his commitment in the past.
I would have been surprised why he was left out.
but now I know from his attitude that a coach who wants success will never look the direction of players with negative attitude..
Osaze indisciplined?? Has he ever broken camp rules? Led a mutiny? Perpetual late-comer to camp? Doesn't give his all in training or on matchday and recklessly costs his team matches!
If you want to call players that have served this country and given their all when called upon over the last 5 years you can't call 2 people before mentioning Osaze! The guy believes he was not left out for footballing reasons which I don't doubt! So he has every right to vent at any perceived injustice! He is a grown man!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

You ninjas should read my post well well! I never said Keshi must pick Osaze!! If he doesn't fit into his plans all well and good! But he has the right to question the rationale and voice his opinion if he thinks he has been treated unfairly! Why is this so hard for people to understand this?

He has the right to confront his coach to ask why he was excluded but he does not have the right to insult the coach, the association and the rest of the team/captain.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by burningspear(m): 10:05pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

... The guy believes he was not left out for footballing reasons which I don't doubt! So he has every right to vent at any perceived injustice! He is a grown man!

No bro! A really full grown man will never do such! A fully grown man knows that the sky is so wide that no two birds can collide. So no need for such ranting from Osaze whom we have all loved. A player Nigeria has given so much.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
burning_spear: . In 2004 AFCON, there were players who were dropped while Osaze was taken. None of the dropped players twitted.
No Twitter then grin grin

U people are taking for granted the power of social networking! In days like these where everyone has an opinion! Do you know what must have been said to Osaze that made him come out that way?

burning_spear:
Take Osaze to 2013 AFCON, he'll rock the boat! With this attitude, no disciplined coach will take him to camp (a caution against disunity). What actually is this Osaze's pride? Rufia and Olofinjana were well educated while playing for Nigeria. We have players who have been there before and proved themselves time and time again. Can his so called commitment match that of Aghahowa's, Amokachi's or Amuneke's?
Compared to the present guys in the team. Osaze is more committed. FACT! He didn't start any player cabal that was rife in the Amuneke,Amokachi days. FACT!

burning_spear:

When Amokachi was being played instead of Siasia, heaven's did not fall. How did Emenalo make the USA 94 team? Remember he wasn't even invited in the first place. Equaveon captained Nigeria in the '94 AFCON finals when Eagles beat Zambia. Can someone still remember what happened when our team was presented with the cup? Equaveon humbly handed it over to Keshi! What a humble attitude!! It speaks of unity and selflessness in camp.

Was Siasia dropped for technical and tactical reasons or prejudice?? We've seen Keshi's man-management issues at Togo and Mali! You guys should stop painting Osaze the villain here without hearing both sides
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2012
honeric01:

Keshi said he does not want him, what do you want to do about it? Keshi said he has other players he prefers to Osaze, Osaze can't play forever and even from the beginning, Keshi hardly used Osaze, so why are we now making it sound as if Osaze did any part in the recent success the SE's experienced so far, so na by force to pick osaze ni?

If Keshi says he doesnt want him in the squad due to Harmony and team spirit then I would understand, but when you say he doesnt fit into his plans then Keshi would fall on his own sword!!!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by burningspear(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2012
A-40:

... Was Siasia dropped for technical and tactical reasons or prejudice?? We've seen Keshi's man-management issues at Togo and Mali! You guys should stop painting Osaze the villain here without hearing both sides

I wish you could see this one thing, that there is no football reason more important than discipline. One can be efficient without being effective. A coach knows what he wants! We have heard from both. Coach says he does not want him for this very tournament. Player says (1) I am the best I deserve to be there (2) Coach disrespected me (3) team lacks captainship (3) ...

Kesh is not nuts, he has been a leader right from playing days. Must a child call his kinsmen to complain and insult family elders because his dad refused to take him along to one outing? That is not maturity!

It's obvious Osaze has accumulated anger which would have busted in camp ones substituted in a game!

Shall we spare the rod and spoil the child? Let's not encourage this attitude. We love Osaze but he failed it here! Just a little test of patience, he went wild!

Amuneke spoke about mafia in camp in those days: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2012/12/amuneke-i-was-jittery-when-westerhof-listed-me-for-1994-final
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2012
burning_spear:

Kesh is not nuts, he has been a leader right from playing days. Must a child call his kinsmen to complain and insult family elders because his dad refused to take him along to one outing? That is not maturity!

Kesi was the most disruptive captain Nigeria has ever had, Pick this one, dont pick this one, undermining the manager this is all we have had throughout the 80's Westerhoff dropped him from both 94 squads but some players begged the Dutchman just to give him that honor! According Amokachi's Autobiography Keshi argued with Coaches over players starting in games, Remember Keshi left the Nigeria squad after the first game in Senegal 92 and returned I think in the Semi's against Ghana!!!

How ironic that whn he was out of the starting line up Nigeria won a tournament
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
honeric01:

He has the right to confront his coach to ask why he was excluded but he does not have the right to insult the coach, the association and the rest of the team/captain.
Confront his coach? Via e-mail! Skype! A player learns of his omission on the pages of the newspaper and on the internet and you expect him to take the next flight to Nigeria to confront his coach. Hmm
The association has tried to paint him the villain! The captain has kept quiet! They deserve whatever they get!

burning_spear:

No bro! A really full grown man will never do such! A fully grown man knows that the sky is so wide that no two birds can collide. So no need for such ranting from Osaze whom we have all loved. A player Nigeria has given so much.
Maybe he has been pushed to the wall! If you where in his shoes there is no telling what you would do. Clearly there has been some provocation

burning_spear:

I wish you could see this one thing, that there is no football reason more important than discipline. One can be efficient without being effective. A coach knows what he wants! We have heard from both. Coach says he does not want him for this very tournament. Player says (1) I am the best I deserve to be there (2) Coach disrespected me (3) team lacks captainship (3) ...
Why doesn't he want him there? Can he expatiate? Ok even if he doesn't how does this deny Osaze the right to speak his mind and disclose what truly went down!
Not personally informing a player that he is not part of the squad is disrespect! And disrespect only begets disrespect!
Is he lying? Is Yobo a serious captain?

burning_spear:
Kesh is not nuts, he has been a leader right from playing days.

More like dictator

burning_spear:
Must a child call his kinsmen to complain and insult family elders because his dad refused to take him along to one outing? That is not maturity!

What if the elders insulted him first? If the elders play agent provocateur instead of trying to diffuse the tension they deserve every insult they can get

burning_spear:

It's obvious Osaze has accumulated anger which would have busted in camp ones substituted in a game!
Players get upset when a coach takes them out in games a good coach would not let it spiral out of control
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ameh43: 12:10am On Dec 30, 2012
Why was he not included in d team? Is it dat he doesnt fit into d team or what? Una don start oh! Ppl d cary their yaya,etoo, etc go una d drop una own osaze. I no wan hear say we no go far oh
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by ameh43: 12:14am On Dec 30, 2012
naturalmikky: Odemwingie should understand that no player what so ever his quality is bigger than the country. Whatever made Zambia to win the last nations cup without an understandable overrated individuals should serve as a lesson that commitment and tenacity is preferable to skill, lawlessness and disrespect.
. What did he do first b4 all dis ur grammer wey i quote
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by raphrinco: 12:52am On Dec 30, 2012
Nigerians need the truth ,Sunday Oliseh said the truth and he was referred to be stubborn player.Now Osaze said things including how our jersey was been sold during Olympics and you expect those guys to use the same Jersey for how match? Please lets learn how to face the truth! God bless Nigeria
Tbillz: empty barrelz dey say. . . . . . Talk wif ur legz bunch uf *Yakubus*
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 1:05am On Dec 30, 2012
baby-boy:

Kesi was the most disruptive captain Nigeria has ever had, Pick this one, dont pick this one, undermining the manager this is all we have had throughout the 80's Westerhoff dropped him from both 94 squads but some players begged the Dutchman just to give him that honor! According Amokachi's Autobiography Keshi argued with Coaches over players starting in games, Remember Keshi left the Nigeria squad after the first game in Senegal 92 and returned I think in the Semi's against Ghana!!!

How ironic that whn he was out of the starting line up Nigeria won a tournament
Of course the guys backing Keshi would never bring that up I pointed it out in an earlier post and no one said pim. The author and innovator of player rebellion and player cabal is now on the other side of the divide. What a fine fine lady Karma is
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 4:43am On Dec 30, 2012
A-40:

Of course the guys backing Keshi would never bring that up I pointed it out in an earlier post and no one said pim. The author and innovator of player rebellion and player cabal is now on the other side of the divide. What a fine fine lady Karma is

Backing Keshi? This isn't about Keshi. Osaze has been fighting with coach after coach.....it's too much.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2012
baby-boy:

If Keshi says he doesnt want him in the squad due to Harmony and team spirit then I would understand, but when you say he doesnt fit into his plans then Keshi would fall on his own sword!!!

So what's the difference now? he didn't pick him, that should mean Osaze didn't fit into his plan, finito!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2012
A-40:

Confront his coach? Via e-mail! Skype! A player learns of his omission on the pages of the newspaper and on the internet and you expect him to take the next flight to Nigeria to confront his coach. Hmm
The association has tried to paint him the villain! The captain has kept quiet! They deserve whatever they get!

No one is painting him black, rather he's the one doing that to himself, he's talked more than anyone else. yes he could have called or got in-touch through other means they communicate to find out what happened, but that's no longer important because his actions and past records alone are enough to know why a sensible coach who wants harmony shouldn't pick Osaze until he realizes that we have more than 10,000 Nigeria players scattered across the world.

So you expected the coach to tell him "osaze i no dey pick u o before releasing his list because Osaze is?"

Lastly, looking into past records, you should have seen that Osaze hasn't been part of Keshi's main team even since he took over, that should have sent signals to osaze that not all coach "gbadun" his "style".

I rest my case on osaze's issue because he's just 0.00001% of the total Nigerian players around.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
sambos994:

Backing Keshi? This isn't about Keshi. Osaze has been fighting with coach after coach.....it's too much.
Have u cared to find out the reason? I also ask again how did these coaches fare? Was their decision justified at the end of the day?

honeric01:

No one is painting him black, rather he's the one doing that to himself, he's talked more than anyone else. yes he could have called or got in-touch through other means they communicate to find out what happened, but that's no longer important because his actions and past records alone are enough to know why a sensible coach who wants harmony shouldn't pick Osaze until he realizes that we have more than 10,000 Nigeria players scattered across the world.
Yes he has to talk because he has been vilified and he has received the most attack! I don't think him saying the truth about what happened is an insult but if that's what you feel then fine

honeric01:
So you expected the coach to tell him "osaze i no dey pick u o before releasing his list because Osaze is?"
Yes that's what obtains in other civilized climes! That is what sensible managers do because they know there is always a next time! And Osaze is a senior player He has earned that right

honeric01:
Lastly, looking into past records, you should have seen that Osaze hasn't been part of Keshi's main team even since he took over, that should have sent signals to osaze that not all coach "gbadun" his "style".
That is Keshi's luck really! Osaze has done his bit for the SE. If he doesn't play another game he can retire with his head held high still
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
A-40:

Yes he has to talk because he has been vilified and he has received the most attack! I don't think him saying the truth about what happened is an insult but if that's what you feel then fine

Yes that's what obtains in other civilized climes! That is what sensible managers do because they know there is always a next time! And Osaze is a senior player He has earned that right

That is Keshi's luck really! Osaze has done his bit for the SE. If he doesn't play another game he can retire with his head held high still

English! so how many coaches can you point to who explain to any player why they won't be picked? for God's sake, he has no obligation to explain to any player why they are not going to be picked, there's no rule anywhere stating that. "civilized climes", bro drop matter. he has no case to answer because Osaze was NEVER in his plans from the start!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
honeric01:

English! so how many coaches can you point to who explain to any player why they won't be picked? for God's sake, he has no obligation to explain to any player why they are not going to be picked, there's no rule anywhere stating that. "civilized climes", bro drop matter. he has no case to answer because Osaze was NEVER in his plans from the start!
I watched the SA squad listing! The coach had the decency to clearly state that he would personally talk to the players dropped! That's a coach with nous and man management skills
If you feel Keshi has no case to answer then Osaze can also rant as he wants! Its his right!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by sambos994(m): 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
A-40:

I watched the SA squad listing! The coach had the decency to clearly state that he would personally talk to the players dropped! That's a coach with nous and man management skills
If you feel Keshi has no case to answer then Osaze can also rant as he wants! Its his right!

Calm down...everything's cool with Osaze and Keshi. Osaze apologized.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
A-40:

Bro i think for now, can't continue wasting my time because the coach has chose the tools he prefers to work with and no player has any right to insult him for taking his decision. If the team fails to perform, he gets the blame so why should anyone force himself on the coach?

BTW, so because the unknown SA coach "stated" whatever, it means Keshi should also do same? i thought you were going to mention known coaches from major footballing nations.
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
honeric01:

so because the unknown SA coach "stated" whatever, it means Keshi should also do same? i thought you were going to mention known coaches from major footballing nations.

Its CALLED MAN MANAGEMENT, that was the same reason why he was fired from the Togo job
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
baby-boy:

Its CALLED MAN MANAGEMENT, that was the same reason why he was fired from the Togo job

has osaze ever played under him? Man management ko, supermaket management ni. Fact is that we're too blessed to have anyone taking us for granted!
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by A40(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2012
honeric01:

Bro i think for now, can't continue wasting my time because the coach has chose the tools he prefers to work with and no player has any right to insult him for taking his decision. If the team fails to perform, he gets the blame so why should anyone force himself on the coach?
That is his fat luck!!! I have told you for the umpteenth time to go through my posts! I'm not against Keshi for leaving out Osaze! What I'm against is denying him the right to clear thr air

honeric01:
BTW, so because the unknown SA coach "stated" whatever, it means Keshi should also do same? i thought you were going to mention known coaches from major footballing nations.
Calm down now. Keshi is not exactly worldwide
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
A-40:

That is his fat luck!!! I have told you for the umpteenth time to go through my posts! I'm not against Keshi for leaving out Osaze! What I'm against is denying him the right to clear thr air

Calm down now. Keshi is not exactly worldwide

Hehe but who's denying who the right to clear the air?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
honeric01:

has osaze ever played under him? Man management ko, supermaket management ni. Fact is that we're too blessed to have anyone taking us for granted!

Blessed with who? Someone who failed with both Togo and Mali? Mali that had both Sissoko and Mamadou Diarra and Kanute
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by honeric01(m): 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
baby-boy:

Blessed with who? Someone who failed with both Togo and Mali? Mali that had both Sissoko and Mamadou Diarra and Kanute

how did he fail with togo? He brought togo to football height, think twice abeg. Btw, are u plottin for SE's downfall ni because him no pick osaze wey no even play qualifiers?
Re: Yobo Replies Odemwingie Over Twitter Comments by babyboy3(m): 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2012
honeric01:

how did he fail with togo? He brought togo to football height, think twice abeg. Btw, are u plottin for SE's downfall ni because him no pick osaze wey no even play qualifiers?

Why was he sacked?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: What Advice Would You Give To Coach, Rohr? / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... / Emmanuel Adebayor Joins Turkish Minnows Kayserispor On A One-year Deal (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.