Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:16 PM

A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... (25303 Views)

First Goalscorers In Prominent Nigerian Stadiums / Pictures Of Nigeria's Stadiums / Why Can't We Have Decent Stadiums In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 3:53am On Apr 13, 2013
Lagos state.

Teslim Balogun Stadium..

National Stadium ABUJA

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 13, 2013
The sad but true reflection of both LASG and the FG....the pictures succinctly captured how the two are fairing in term of performance.

12 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by EkoIle1: 4:29am On Apr 13, 2013
Funny enough, the rotten Abuja stadium is the eagles home stadium, but the eagles can not use this stadium or welcome any foreign football team for any game or friendly at this stadium. Right now, they borrow borrow stadiums to practice all over the country.

This is the same eagles they are showering millions and gifts on all over the place while they care less about their home field.

Just imagine... The African football champs don't have a functioning home stadium...

only in Nigeria.. smh...

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:50am On Apr 13, 2013
Erm! Erm!
@Eko Ile, you may add National Stadium @ Surulere join. That one worse pass National Stadium @ Abuja. Both are pure example of Nigeria's lack of maintenance.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by nap2: 5:14am On Apr 13, 2013
I was just about to suggest that you compare Teslim Balogun Stadium and National Stadium Surulere, when I saw Okiki_Oluwa's post.

However, one good and/or bad thing about Teslim Balogun Stadium is that it has a synthetic pitch. The Lagos State Government decided to lay synthetic pitches in stadia across the state (Teslim Balogun Stadium, Campos Mini Stadium, etc) because it is easier to maintain and will not deteriorate to such shocking conditions as the state of the pitch at the Abuja National Stadium. However, some teams refuse to play on synthetic pitches, considering them inferior to natural grass surfaces.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Akshow: 5:15am On Apr 13, 2013
Impossi-cant! Is this our national stadium? Na wa o. Maintenance culture is zero in this country.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by kunlekunle: 5:16am On Apr 13, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Erm! Erm!
@Eko Ile, you may add National Stadium @ Surulere join. That one worse pass National Stadium @ Abuja. Both are pure example of Nigeria's lack of maintenance.

they will intentionally run it down and vote for 100b to renovate.
Egunje as usual.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by nap2: 5:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Arsenal were meant to play a match at the National Stadium Abuja last year, but they cancelled the game when their advance team saw the state of the pitch. Instead they only took photographs and signed autographs for their fans and sponsors.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by koruji(m): 5:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Keep quiet, my friend and smell the freshfoul air cheesy cheesy cheesy

Eko Ile: Funny enough, the rotten Abuja stadium is the eagles home stadium, but the eagles can not use this stadium or welcome any foreign football team for any game or friendly at this stadium. Right now, they borrow borrow stadiums to practice all over the country.

This is the same eagles they are showering millions and gifts on all over the place while they care less about their home field.

Just imagine... The African football champs don't have a functioning home stadium...

only in Nigeria.. smh...

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Rhino5dm: 5:57am On Apr 13, 2013
Wait until 40 laptop fools headed by @sinceregoat call you a "hater". Thesame government budgeting 4 billion naira for mission house of the first lady?

Indeed, this is breath of fresh air!

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 13, 2013
LOL@ abuja stadium.

Looks like a wildlife reserve.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by omenka(m): 6:27am On Apr 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
LOL@ abuja stadium.

Looks like a wildlife reserve.

OP you are a LIAR!!!! Those are pictures of Yankari Game reserve and not a stadium!

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 13, 2013
omenka:

OP you are a LIAR!!!! Those are pictures of Yankari Game reserve and not a stadium!

Haba! Why don't you fear God. You still trying to reverse the truth glaring in the eyes of all. You must be very wicked.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Rhino5dm: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2013
yorke:

Haba! Why don't you fear God. You still trying to reverse the truth glaring in the eyes of all. You must be very wicked.

Google the meaning of sarcasm.

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Mexyz(m): 6:49am On Apr 13, 2013
@nap2,u re spreadn lies abt arsenal fc nt playn because of d stadia,d game was cancelled due to oda reasons abeg. @op,my guy when last ve u bn to abj stadia,i can tel u authoritatively dat d stadia is under full maitenance nw by julius berger.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by MEILYN(m): 6:52am On Apr 13, 2013
.na 2 day? No be Naija u dey?
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Mexyz(m): 6:54am On Apr 13, 2013
I dnt even knw wat u guys get by spreadn rumours nd tarnishn Nigeria's image in public,wait o,we re calln naija all sort of names,its me nd u dats d naija nt d land. Ask urself,wat meaningful thing ve i done to improve naija? Nawao 4 una.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 6:57am On Apr 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Why are you speaking for him/her? I didn't Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ sarcasm in the commend dude.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 13, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Why are you speaking for him/her? I didn't Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ sarcasm in the comment dude.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2013
Nigeria,and their stale News,and pull him down syndrome. The pix the op showed were the one used by The punch newspaper,when it ran a caption on the said stadium (Abuja stadium). The Abuja stadium is now fully renovated,and under the maintenance of Julius Berger. The Teslim Balogun stadium recently held a local competition,which can't be held in desolated state. I can't say much about the National stadium,Lagos.

I have to say this,cos some dimwits like the Op would start bashing,and throw barrages of insults to the authority without any knowledge of the current state of the stadium.

Am not a Fan of GEJ,but I hate when people comment with prejudice.

I rest my case.

16 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by ekoilee: 7:09am On Apr 13, 2013
Mexyz: @nap2,u re spreadn lies abt arsenal fc nt playn because of d stadia,d game was cancelled due to oda reasons abeg. @op,my guy when last ve u bn to abj stadia,i can tel u authoritatively dat d stadia is under full maitenance nw by julius berger.

what are the other reason?
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 13, 2013
I don't think it's right to compare the National Stadium with a state Stadium. Why not National Stadium Abuja Vs National Stadium Surulere Lagos state maintained properties are 100 times better than any FG own.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by ekoilee: 7:20am On Apr 13, 2013
Yomieluv: Nigeria,and their stale News,and pull him down syndrome. The pix the op showed were the one made used by The punch newspaper,when it ran a caption on the said stadium. The Abuja stadium is now fully renovated,and under the maintenance of Julius Berger. The Teslim Balogun stadium recently held a local competition,which can't be held in desolated state. I can't say much about the National stadium,Lagos.

I have to say this,cos some dimwits like the Op would start bashing,and throw barrages of insults to the authority without any knowledge of the current state of the stadium.

Am not a Fan of GEJ,but I hate when people comment with prejudice.

I rest my case.

The abuja stadium is still a mess unless you have pictures to show us stating its current state.

That's even irrelevant, the question is, why was the stadium neglected and let rot .? why? where was the government? where was the sports ministry.? where was football federation.? After spending billions on repairs, It's still going to be neglected all over again because the sane lazy, corrupt and incompetent people are still in charge.

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Mexyz(m): 7:20am On Apr 13, 2013
Mr eko ilee,d security situatn in naija was d reason,stp spreadn lies@yomieluv,thank u bro,those dat dnt even knw d states dat border abj wl spill rubbish abt wats happening there. GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Mexyz(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2013
Mr eko ilee,d security situatn in naija was d reason,stp spreadn lies@yomieluv,thank u bro,those dat dnt even knw d states dat border's abj wl spill rubbish abt wats happening there. GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Mexyz(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2013
Mr eko ilee,go nd handle ur family problm 1st b4 cumn here to talk trash,lagos my foot,dat rotten nd smelly lagos. Let me tel u sumtn,d air u guys take in as oxygen there is nt d same wit d one in oda states in naija,nt even borno state.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by ekoilee: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2013
Mexyz: Mr eko ilee,d security situatn in naija was d reason,stp spreadn lies@yomieluv,thank u bro,those dat dnt even knw d states dat border's abj wl spill rubbish abt wats happening there. GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY.

Yes Yes I forgot, it was security and not because they did not want to play in a rotten and smelling stadium looking like a jungle.

Your security excuse is ever worse. You mean your federal capital is not safe enough for a common soccer game and your government was unable to convince them to play or guarantee their safety?

Either way, its still a rotten shame ......

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 13, 2013
eko ilee:

The abuja stadium is still a mess unless you have pictures to show us stating its current state.

That's even irrelevant, the question is, why was the stadium neglected and let rot .? why? where was the government? where was the sports ministry.? where was football federation.? After spending billions on repairs, It's still going to be neglected all over again because the sane lazy, corrupt and incompetent people are still in charge.

Eko-ile,next time when you want to start a thread,get your facts right,do you think NL is filled with dullards,who you can pass junks to,and expect us to swallow it?
The caption ran by The punch embarrassed the GEJ government,and immediately,moves were made to renovate the said stadium,under a new management. I guess one of the purpose of a media is to criticize,which a responsible government would react to. Leaving the stadium to rot isn't a News,what should be News is the reaction of the government.which the GEJ responded positively.

Stop feeding us with junks.

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Screwface(m): 7:34am On Apr 13, 2013
Dear front-page Mods,

Please, do not take this to the front page without confirming first the true state of the National Stadium, Abuja.
I can categorically tell you it's presently in a better state than what the Op has just put up. Î don't know about the other stadia though.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by ekoilee: 7:37am On Apr 13, 2013
Ijogz K: I don't think it's right to compare the National Stadium with a state Stadium. Why not National Stadium Abuja Vs National Stadium Surulere Lagos state maintained properties are 100 times better than any FG own.

I ignored the national stadium in surulere because that one is beyond rotten, its completely off the map and can no longer be called a stadium.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by nap2: 7:39am On Apr 13, 2013
Mexyz: @nap2,u re spreadn lies abt arsenal fc nt playn because of d stadia,d game was cancelled due to oda reasons abeg. @op,my guy when last ve u bn to abj stadia,i can tel u authoritatively dat d stadia is under full maitenance nw by julius berger.

Should I risk another pyguru ban? I just got banned for posting links that disproved the claims of someone that said I lied. Ah! I'll risk it.

1) The Arsenal advance team declared that the pitch was in no condition to host the football match. The organisers promised to improve the condition of the pitch before the game. Arsenal then called off the game, but refused to disclose the exact reason for calling off the game. However, the still visited Lagos and Abuja for photo sessions with fans and sponsors.

2) The pitch and general state of the stadium was only improved after President Jonathan's visit months later. I watched his visit on tv. He was also shocked at the condition of the stadium.
Re: A Tale Of Two Stadiums. Lagos And Abuja Stadiums... by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 13, 2013
Screwface: Dear front-page Mods,

Please, do not take this to the front page without confirming first the true state of the National Stadium, Abuja.
I can categorically tell you it's presently in a better state than what the Op has just put up. Î don't know about the other stadia though.
good move. Don't mind Eko-ile,always trying to whip up sentiment,where there's none.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament / Egypt Vs Ghana : AFCON 2023 (2 - 2) On 18th January 2024 / 8 Life Lessons From The 2018 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.