Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment (17554 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Photo: Shettima, Fashola On Buhari’s Entourage Before His Departure To Germany / Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by anonimi: 11:41pm On Dec 28, 2012
thelastPope: .
The governor should begin to address the needs of the people, not an imaginary mega city idea. People live in cities, cities don't live in people! If you want a mega city, develop mega people!

This was what the REAL, original progressives in the South West, led by Awolowo understood and practised.
These [size=14pt]b.astard inheritors of Awo's legacy cannot stand being compared to the laudable achievements of Awo's Action Group and UPN of over 60 years and 30 years[/size] respectively. Achievements that were made with "scrappy" proceeds from agriculture without mega oil revenue and no BORROWING. They simply cannot!
They will rather prefer we compare them to their fellow rogues in PDP and the former military DICTATOR governors then known as MILADS aka My Lords! Now, what is the difference between six and half a dozen

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by lakesider(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
this aturu guy is looking for cheap popularity
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Cdspencer(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2012
aguiyi: ATURU MEANS RAM IN MY DIALECTgringrin, WHAT DOES IT MEAN IN YOURS undecided

Exactly what i wanted to say. Lol:-D
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by redsun(m): 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Fashola sometimes sound like he is listening too much to area boys like ekoile.The same way he said the villagers than can not blend in lagos madness should go back to their villages like a school boy teasing his classmates.

I understand his frustrations,trying to change age long traditions of rowdiness and ultmost irresponsibilities in the society that has grown to see unruliness as norm and at the same working along side kingpins like tinubu,who are the epitomes of what he is up against,waywardness.

Sometimes i find it hard to see the reconciliations.

5 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by elrony(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
babapupa:

I'm not the topic, leave the thread if you don't have anything to contribute.
Funny dude..! I already gave ma contribution wid u in it...
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by babapupa: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Good to know that's what you are limited to.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by elrony(m): 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2012
lakesider: this aturu guy is looking for cheap popularity
Kid go and hug ur pillow asap...and stop spewin crap

4 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by takedat(m): 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
thelastPope:

This is called escapist logic. When it fails, it isn't my fault, when it succeeds, I created it. A man that never takes responsibility is not a real man. When the state government agencies were collecting taxes from the firecracker store owner, did they not see that the store was dangerously located? What is the job of state ministry of trade and commerce or its equivalent? Now you want to throw away the baby and the bath water. Go check out all the eateries along Allen avenue and see how dirty their environment is. No sanitary inspectors to enforce sanitary laws but the LIRS are always on time to collect the taxes. Please spare us the lamentation. Take responsibility and stop whinning. When it is time to chase out students in LASU or dismantle a peaceful protest in Lekki, Fashola suddenly has powers to control the police force.
Double Dealing Doughnuts!
Guy stick to the topic of discussion and stop aiming to score cheap political point. Your point is on mere assumption that the state government did tax the fireworks dealer, if you are quite familiar with Lagos Island and how residential buildings are being converted to storage facilities, you will know that it is quite easy to conceal contraband goods. It is not in the purview of the state Government to ban the sale of fireworks, it is entirely that of the FG to stop its importation.
Fashola only lamented on how poorly structured the buildings are, contrary to the town planning laws of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by elrony(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2012
babapupa: Good to know that's what you are limited to.
Wrong again..!!
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by babapupa: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2012
take dat: Guy stick to the topic of discussion and stop aiming to score cheap political point. You are basing your points on mere assumptions that the state government did tax the fireworks dealer, if you are quite familiar with Lagos Island and how residential buildings are being converted to storage facilities, you will know that it is quite easy to conceal contraband goods. It is not in the purview of the state Government to ban the sale of fireworks, it is entirely that of the FG to stop its importation.
Fashola only lamented on how poorly structured the buildings are, contrary to the town planning laws of Lagos state.

On point. Unfortunately, you are dealing with trolls. They'll keep you busy with irrelevant and off topic rubbish all day.

You are even talking to the same double IDs.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by thelastPope(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2012
take dat: Guy stick to the topic of discussion and stop aiming to score cheap political point. Your point is on mere assumption that the state government did tax the fireworks dealer, if you are quite familiar with Lagos Island and how residential buildings are being converted to storage facilities, you will know that it is quite easy to conceal contraband goods. It is not in the purview of the state Government to ban the sale of fireworks, it is entirely that of the FG to stop its importation.

Yeah right. He didn't tax the store owner. Lol! LASG that taxes even bread sellers and recharge card vendors. Spare us the lecture. The shop was not concealed. It was a mega fireworks store. If the government missed that store, then they are incompetent. You are indicting them more.

7 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Ikwerefistson: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Noted..

Fashola should however note that critics are essential in a democracy. The major function of the opposition is to keep the ruling party on its toes at all times...
agred my broda bt crictisms hs 2be constructive nd nt destructive,devoid of every cynical undrtone.4 god sake must everyone tok in ds con3 fist is el rufai latr thefnubu,tunde bakere shrek gunmi nd nw aturu.so wat is wrong wit wat fashola said wen u nd i knew dat d buldngs in dat locatn re nt in conformity wit municipal planing standard
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by frevangel(m): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2012
IT SEEMS LIKE THE LATEST ACN SOCIAL MEDIA FRONT RECRUITS ARE STREET URCHINS! They can hardly have a decent, coherent or intelligent discussion. The hallmark of their comments are curse words. Check the likes of nitrogen, babapupa, take dat, etc.

V ulgarity is their trade mark!

7 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by takedat(m): 12:24am On Dec 29, 2012
thelastPope:

Yeah right. He didn't tax the store owner. Lol! LASG that taxes even bread sellers and recharge card vendors. Spare us the lecture. The shop was not concealed. It was a mega fireworks store. If the government missed that store, then they are incompetent. You are indicting them more.
Preach on since you've turned into an overnight crusader. I am not against criticising Fashola, I also have my misgivings towards him but your antics to score cheap political points by trying to win support using arguments based on emotion rather than reason is quite amazing.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by frevangel(m): 12:26am On Dec 29, 2012
take dat: Preach on since you've turned into an overnight crusader. I am not against criticising Fashola, I also have my misgivings towards him but your antics to score cheap political points by trying to win support using arguments based on emotion rather than reason is quite amazing.

Are you kidding me? Everything YOU have said in this topic is limited to sentiments!!!

4 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by takedat(m): 12:33am On Dec 29, 2012
fr_evangel:

Are you kidding me? Everything YOU have said in this topic is limited to sentiments!!!
You are entitled to your opinion Sir. You don't expect me to join the bandwagon when I have a contrary opinion and its not in my place to force my opinion down anyone's throat. Thanks
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by babapupa: 12:33am On Dec 29, 2012
take dat: Preach on since you've turned into an overnight crusader. I am not against criticising Fashola, I also have my misgivings towards him but your antics to score cheap political points by trying to win support using arguments based on emotion rather than reason is quite amazing.

The thing is, this is a warehouse, not a place of casual business and the only person that gets taxed here is owner of the building .
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by damorac: 12:33am On Dec 29, 2012
This same fashola made law on agbero(tout) but fail to enforce it.

2 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by thelastPope(m): 12:43am On Dec 29, 2012
babapupa:

The thing is, this is a warehouse, not a place of casual business and the only person that gets taxed here is owner of the building .

Are you kidding me? LASG does not tax goods owners in warehouses? Have you ever been to Ladipo? You guys are hilarious! Why can't you be sincere for once in your life!

5 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by OmoTier1(m): 12:48am On Dec 29, 2012
onye ego: The touchstone for measuring democracy is not opposition to the Federal Government but a holistic and consistent defence of the truth at all times no matter who may feel aggrieved.

SECONDED
You must be a class 1 clown if you believe those words! Truth is relative hence Aturu's submission is nonsense! It is obvious that People like Him perceives Fashola as a serious threat to their chop chop market in the name of Human rights! It is only in Africa you hear of lawyers claiming to be Human rights Activist!

For all I care, Lagos State government is one I have noted have listened largely to critics and have tried to bring much of their views into consideration in making decisions. Fashola made a very valid point!
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by OmoTier1(m): 12:50am On Dec 29, 2012
take dat: Guy stick to the topic of discussion and stop aiming to score cheap political point. Your point is on mere assumption that the state government did tax the fireworks dealer, if you are quite familiar with Lagos Island and how residential buildings are being converted to storage facilities, you will know that it is quite easy to conceal contraband goods. It is not in the purview of the state Government to ban the sale of fireworks, it is entirely that of the FG to stop its importation.
Thank you for putting the Okupe lapdog in His place! cheesy
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by takedat(m): 12:53am On Dec 29, 2012
fr_evangel: IT SEEMS LIKE THE LATEST ACN SOCIAL MEDIA FRONT RECRUITS ARE STREET URCHINS! They can hardly have a decent, coherent or intelligent discussion. The hallmark of their comments are curse words. Check the likes of nitrogen, babapupa, take dat, etc.

V ulgarity is their trade mark!
Bro, do you have to resort to castigating others simply because they don't share your opinion? I have not used any swear words and I do not belong to any political party! You failed to watch the vulgarity in your post by addressing people as street urchins. Try to be mindful of yourself before lashing out at others! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by mortee: 12:55am On Dec 29, 2012
aguiyi: grin grin cheesy :DNigerian graduates and spelling, cheesy

Don't go there... #mybestpieceofadvice#
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by abacus(m): 12:57am On Dec 29, 2012
Mr. Aturu is sick, Mr. Femi Falana is mad. These people are opportunists. Believe these 'thieves' at your peril. This is my contribution.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Reptyle(m): 1:00am On Dec 29, 2012
thelastPope:

...and you know it was a "mega fireworks store" because your brother owns it or because you were a major patron abi? Abeg go siddon somewhere jare and stop drawing conjectures based on your political bias.

I do agree that the Governor should have been more circumspect in his speech at ground zero. But trying to indict his government based on the sharp practices of some unscrupulous business man and pretending that the government has a handle on all kinds of businesses is akin to playing the proverbial ostrich with its head buried in the sand.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by slimfit1(m): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2012
Can't be bothered to read the rest of the story but I think poor Nigerians should run away from this guy.tell him to go an keep fire works in is house. What kind of lawyer is this ? There is a time to oppose people, time to criticise people, not on this issue at all. Its because of people like this Nigeria is upside-down. How could a lawyer choose this sensitive issue to attack the governor on a matter of safety. You don't have to open your mouth all the time as a lawyer he should know when to open his mouth.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by manny4life(m): 1:38am On Dec 29, 2012
Aturu said the advisers of the governor have their jobs cut out for them, saying they need to remind him that his comments should be seen to be temperate as he appeared “to me to be getting increasingly authoritarian and hostile to well- meaning criticisms. He is behaving too much like a military administrator, not even governor, for my liking. Let him listen to the critics as they are his best friends.”

This excerpt is a true definition of Gov. Fashola and what he's turning into - Authoritarian.

You cannot govern people without listening to them "FIRST", several of his policies are causing more harm than good. Should he decide to run for president, what's he gonna sell as his pitching point? has a population of 16million and more people, when your policies can't affect positively 1 out every 5 person, let alone a whole lot more, it's time to evaluate his policies.There are so many ways to kill a bird without actually using a sling, gun or what have you. There are different YET gradual approach to achieving same result

5 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by olagamalin(m): 1:41am On Dec 29, 2012
lakesider: this aturu guy is looking for cheap popularity
Anencephalic person , He is more popular than your entire family et generation combined...oponu

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by olagamalin(m): 1:47am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
You must be a class 1 clown if you believe those words! Truth is relative hence Aturu's submission is nonsense! It is obvious that People like Him perceives Fashola as a serious threat to their chop chop market in the name of Human rights! It is only in Africa you hear of lawyers claiming to be Human rights Activist!

For all I care, Lagos State government is one I have noted have listened largely to critics and have tried to bring much of their views into consideration in making decisions. Fashola made a very valid point!
pls, always bear in mind that the advent of internet nd search engines has made people not to be hoodwinked ßy any false point propagated ßy likes of you...its not only Africa bro

2 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by babapupa: 1:54am On Dec 29, 2012
manny4life:

This excerpt is a true definition of Gov. Fashola and what he's turning into - Authoritarian.

You cannot govern people without listening to them "FIRST", several of his policies are causing more harm than good. Should he decide to run for president, what's he gonna sell as his pitching point? has a population of 16million and more people, when your policies can't affect positively 1 out every 5 person, let alone a whole lot more, it's time to evaluate his policies.There are so many ways to kill a bird without actually using a sling, gun or what have you. There are different YET gradual approach to achieving same result

One question. Which one of his policy is causing more harm than good.?
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by babapupa: 1:58am On Dec 29, 2012
olagamalin: Anencephalic person , He is more popular than your entire family et generation combined...oponu

So popularity means wisdom and common sense and wisdom? Yes GEJ is very popular too. Are you not the fuckkktard?
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by manny4life(m): 2:00am On Dec 29, 2012
babapupa:

One question. Which one of his policy is causing more harm than good.?

Starting with the most recent of not too long ago - the OKADA BAN. You will not agree with, I already know, and we'll both save the argument but that policy has hurt a lot of people, economically, financially, socially, mentally, than normal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Islamiyya 136: We Know Where The Bandits, Pupils Are But… –niger SSG / Tinubu, Osinbajo Raise Alarm Over Plots By Alleged Propagandists / SW Leaders To Meet Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun In Lagos Over 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.