Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment (17555 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Photo: Shettima, Fashola On Buhari’s Entourage Before His Departure To Germany / Bamidele Aturu Is Dead, Prominent Lagos Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by phoneport(m): 6:52am On Dec 29, 2012
Aturu Abi ATIKU na where u from come?
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by nitrogen(m): 6:58am On Dec 29, 2012
@ Eko-ile, thanks for that, it is there for them critics to see, with statistics and it is even evidence based.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by frevangel(m): 7:02am On Dec 29, 2012
manny4life:

Starting with the most recent of not too long ago - the OKADA BAN. You will not agree with, I already know, and we'll both save the argument but that policy has hurt a lot of people, economically, financially, socially, mentally, than normal.

The thing many Lagosians don't even know is that this Okada ban thingy is a SHAM. Its corruption legalised by Fashola and his cronies! Are you aware the policies states, 200cc AND ABOVE bikes can ply these routes. I know a fellow who bought a "new 200cc bike" just a few months after he bought the type that was banned! He said this new bike is government sponsored (I haven't confirmed that). He categorically said its Lagos first lady that is importing the bikes. Yes, we may not be able to confirm who is importing the bike, but my real concern was that I thought they were getting the bikes off the road because its a menance but NO!, they are giving these guys FASTER bikes!!!

My conclusion then is that it was all to create revenue like most of Fashola's other policies!

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Myself2(m): 7:06am On Dec 29, 2012
[size=14pt]Reacting to Fashola’s comment in a statement, Aturu described the governor’s comment as regrettable and condemnable, saying “it shows that the advertised democratic credentials of his government and of himself are not even skin-deep.

“It is highly hypocritical to posture as a democrat and be so patently hostile to voices of dissent as the Governor has demonstrated. The Governor should point out those who asked him not to implement laws banning firecrackers. If the State has failed to implement any existing law on firecrackers, the Governor should accept responsibility for that failure rather than shifting the blame on social critics.”

He added that: “The touchstone for measuring democracy is not opposition to the Federal Government but a holistic and consistent defence of the truth at all times no matter who may feel aggrieved
[/size].

GBAM
Tell Fashola,the stone-faced hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Ngwakwe: 7:27am On Dec 29, 2012
I thought the Okada ban only covers less than 20% of entire Lagos State Roads.

So, you think that the other 80% of the roads they are plying are death free.

Those statistics are rubbish, if they will attribute the no death count for October for merely cessation of Okada operations on only 20% of the roads is charlatan.

My deductions are that they have been parading a false statistics before and after the Okada ban to justify whatever decision they made. Whether good or bad remains after thought.

Eko Ile: You see the red highlight? (No Okada Accident in October) That's the idea, that's all we are looking for..

2 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by jmaine: 7:27am On Dec 29, 2012
babapupa:

The government is not banning private motorcycle and they didn't even ban okada.

Let's get this part very clear . . . ..all motorcycles are banned on certain designated routes whether private or not . . .

So the partial ban is applied to all motorcycles . . . .
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Myself2(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2012
How did this thread derail from being one about Aturu's condemnation of Fashola's hypocrisy and pretence about being democratic to off-topic tales about motor cycles??
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by jmaine: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2012
Myself2: How did this thread derail from being one about Aturu's condemnation of Fashola's hypocrisy and pretence about being democratic to off-topic tales about motor cycles??

The soul of this topic is about Aturu condemnation of Fashola approach in setting up his policies and even Fashola made mention of critics who castigate him on policies he initiated, meant to cater for the well being of the state

Bruv, the partial Okada ban/restriction falls perfectly into the topic cos not only is it very recent, it also falls under the purview of some who feel it's too harsh considering the initial adjustment phase for the populace

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by COOLDUN: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Noted..

Fashola should however note that critics are essential in a democracy. The major function of the opposition is to keep the ruling party on its toes at all times...

Seems that you and this Aturu of a man did not read the statement of Gov Fashola very well, He did not say that his critics are wrong, but said that his policies of tiding up the slums was criticized as an anti poor policies. Gov Fashola is very right because you can never construct a new house on an old foundation, it will never stand.

The place in question is very dirty and poorly constructed, which needs to be reconstructed, most of these buildings are more than 600yrs old, death traps. Most critics in Nigeria are merely cheap political relevance hunters who never see anything good in the performances of the hard working people.

I am an Igbo man, no party member in Nigeria, a voting card citizen of the country, but I must sincerely confess that Gov Babatunde Raji Fashola is a hard working man, a God sent and neat oriented and civilized man, he might not be perfect as a human being but his little shown actions are more commendable. If he comes out for presidency I will never look back or think twice to vote for him.

He and Imo, Edo, Akwa Ibom , Ondo states governors are God sent to their respective states. Aturu should learn how to criticize constructively and not sentimentally. His name in Igbo language means (Sheep) but he is a man and not an animal pls.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by GAR3TH(m): 8:08am On Dec 29, 2012
thelastPope:
You need to go back to school. Is America not debating gun control? Is that not a saftety issue? Must you make a comment on this thread?

I love how you started your rebuttal with "go back to school" Even though the rest of your comment logically does not make sense with what I stated. The Gun control discussion that is going on in the USA is completely opposite from what I am talking about. Guns are not dangerous nor do they pose a safety treat to society, its the people that hold the gun that are the problem and thats what the debate in the USA is about, stopping Mentally Ill people getting hold of fire arms. On the opposite side i'm talking about things that can harm people, like a building that is not structurally stable or a car with faulty breaks. Those things are all safety concerns and they do not involve human input. Before Telling someone to go back to school read what you type and ask yourself the same question.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Omexonomy: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2012
nitrogen: @ Eko-ile, thanks for that, it is there for them critics to see, with statistics and it is even evidence based.
stop decieving ur self if it is PDP then it is all a lie abi

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Omexonomy: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2012
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Bolan123: 9:20am On Dec 29, 2012
PointB: - Aturu to Fashola

Words on marble.

Very correct. U are on point. Forget the sycophants.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by babestella: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2012
Why linking ban of firecrackers with ban on Okada or other traffic laws. It has no connection in any way. No one has ever criticized the ban of firecrackers in the state. Fire crackers has always been banned every Xmas season, and no one complains. So why if our governor Fash linking the fire incident to criticism from the opposition on other socio-political matters in the state.

If firecrackers are still sold in our country during festive seasons, I think the government has failed in her responsibility to protect and to screen every item that is being brought into this country. To me, looking for the importers are way over board, the Nigerian customs should be sanctioned in this regards.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by yam: 10:46am On Dec 29, 2012
Johnnoah1st: Pls who are dose, sentimental idiiots, indigenious foools, morano bastards,capital stupidicians, who do hide my post on dis site? Shey na ur mama or ur papa wey dey give me money wey i dey use browse? U dey craze? Abi u dey mad? Or have ur grandpa or grandma/ any of ur uncle or anuty give me money one day to buy recharge cards? And its not ur fauty it because people do comment on ur site and instead of u rejoicing u dey hide post and there are many sites/blogs dat do pray make some just comment 4 dere website and people dey comment 4 ur site u con dey hide post abeg next no try me o cause if anyone of u hide my post again all i need to do is to make sure i invite thunder in featuring wit hot fire to burn u, and if anyone of u try to ban me, dats is not a big deal, and i have as many account as possible and if u ban dem all dem no dey collect money b4 opening yahoomail or gmail 4 me to open another account. Garbaric idiomatic foools!!!.

abeg make una help me for here,laughter wan kill me ooo
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 29, 2012
babestella: Why linking ban of firecrackers with ban on Okada or other traffic laws. It has no connection in any way. No one has ever criticized the ban of firecrackers in the state. Fire crackers has always been banned every Xmas season, and no one complains. So why if our governor Fash linking the fire incident to criticism from the opposition on other socio-political matters in the state.

If firecrackers are still sold in our country during festive seasons, I think the government has failed in her responsibility to protect and to screen every item that is being brought into this country. To me, looking for the importers are way over board, the Nigerian customs should be sanctioned in this regards.
can you stop thinking with ur anus? are firecrackers not used in other parts of the world.
jobs they can not create, the littles ones nigerians are able to engage in is hunted daily and you come here to tell me craps?

crazy i tell ya, crazy

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by nitrogen(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2012
aguiyi:
can you stop tinking with ur anus? are firecrackers not used in other parts of the world.
jobs they can not create, the littles ones nigerians are able to engage in is hunted daily and you come here to tell me craps?

crazy i tell ya, crazy

Are you for real, so those your so called little jobs should be encouraged at the expense of the lives of the people?

I shake my head for you.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2012
Eko Ile: You see the red highlight? That's the idea, that's all we are looking for..

thanks for the doctored report but when are we going to be getting that of jobs created since the ban that left about 5000 bread winners jobless?

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2012
nitrogen:

Are you for real, so those your so called little jobs should be encouraged at the expense of the lives of the people?

I shake my head for you.
on what account?
answer my question first:
ARE FIRECRACKERS NOT USED IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by nitrogen(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2012
^^^You must be a learner!

Let me ask you this, how do these countries go about the importation, storage and usage? What are those laws put in place to guide the usage and as many others?

Answer me!
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2012
u are dancing round in circles my friend. what you posted up there is not an answer but a question.bro, i have seen firecrackers in display outside this country.

i expected fashola to advocate the manufacture and use of less harmful ones.

would fashola say he has never used a firecracker or would you nitrogen or oxygen say you have never

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by huptin(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2012
Fashola likes playibg to the gallery too much, serious issues of development are left unattended to,while trivials are celebrated, for a start lagos roads are in terrible conditions, fix them sir and leave okada and fire crackers alone.

2 Likes

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by nitrogen(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2012
aguiyi: u are dancing round in circles my friend. what you posted up there is not an answer but a question.bro, i have seen firecrackers in display outside this country.

i expected fashola to advocate the manufacture and use of less harmful ones.

would fashola say he has never used a firecracker or would you nitrogen or oxygen say you have never

From those words jinxed together you call a post, it is quite clear that you are one of the biggest illegal importer of fire-crackers into the country, see! If policies are made as regards this, it will definitely not favour you, and if its importation is completely stopped, still the same.

What baffles me is that, you people like businesses that are illegal and harmful to the society, you even rejoice when policies or laws aint made.

Let me tell you this, if you don't know 'doing business at the expense of the safety and security of lives is nothing but wickedness and brutality to humankind'. Don't worry, it will catch-up with you someday.

BTW, you haven't answered my questions up there.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by anonimi: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2012
huptin: Fashola likes playibg to the gallery too much, serious issues of development are left unattended to,while trivials are celebrated, for a start [size=14pt]lagos roads are in terrible conditions,[/size] fix them sir and leave okada and fire crackers alone.

Na only for the hypocrites to criticise fisherman Jona for not fixing federal roads meanwhile the state and LG roads in front of people's houses are in such terrible, deplorable condition.

Fashola, who also spoke on the traffic congestion being witnessed in many parts of the state said, “I think it will be fair to say not less than 50 percent of us drove ourselves here, so there are more cars on the road. And we are also seeing increases in new vehicles registrations in Lagos State which is a sign of a growing and emerging middle class.

As this man suppose smart reach he nor fit come up with policies to discourage use of individual cars and encourage use of public transport and car pooling as well as waterways
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2012
since you refused to answer my question,i would educate u a little on it.

firecrackers are legal in countries like Italy,norway,philipines,australia,chinasingapore and some parts of the usa.

while licence is required in some of those countries,others require you to be +18 only or both

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by tynomex(m): 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2012
Fashola has been committing series of blunders but himself and co party members will talk as if they know it all,come to think of it,is there any different between Acn and others opposition parties? the answer is no.thank God for ATURU who has been able to point to him one of his many blunders hope he listen and do what the masses expect of him as a leader.

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by ayduamah: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2012
The fire always comes first,next is demolition then comes a new mall owned by an CAN bigwig.its the new face of Lagos,deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by mrjingles(m): 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
The advice to read and think before replying has been missed by both Aturu and a lot of posters here. Fashola did not comment on the legality or otherwise of firecrackers, he commented on enforcing TOWN PLANNING rules. If the rules were enforced a fireworks warehouse would probably not be located so close to residential apartments. Aturu in his usual "notice me" comments was reacting to another issue entirely (belus don full belle).

Coming to his comments, what's "undemocratic" about the governor's comments? The man is criticizing his critics, that for me is a form of debate, This " I sabi talk" lawyer should respond to the issues not speak big grammar attacking the person. That's typical of most Nigerians even on Nairaland, we have lost our ability to DEBATE which is the very core of a democratic society. We now resort to trash talk, insults and "beer palour" analysis.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Venchy: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2012
Nigerians are lawless people, planning are set in all areas to control and maintain standard of all structures, not a lot of people understand the reason behind 3FT space between a building and the sides fence as well as 6ft space between the front and back Fence of a building, Nigerians will rather use all space, choke themselves to death and No room for ventilation and fire escape.

I am not surprise about the fire break out in Lagos Island as well as Yaba Market in which is the Fault of the Authority as they are in control....Everyone is messing around.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by 3kay945(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
nitrogen: Who is Aturu? Abeg tell him to park well jooor!

You think you make sense abi?

1 Like

Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by Guguru102(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
Johnnoah1st: Pls who are dose, sentimental idiiots, indigenious foools, morano bastards,capital stupidicians, who do hide my post on dis site? Shey na ur mama or ur papa wey dey give me money wey i dey use browse? U dey craze? Abi u dey mad? Or have ur grandpa or grandma/ any of ur uncle or anuty give me money one day to buy recharge cards? And its not ur fauty it because people do comment on ur site and instead of u rejoicing u dey hide post and there are many sites/blogs dat do pray make some just comment 4 dere website and people dey comment 4 ur site u con dey hide post abeg next no try me o cause if anyone of u hide my post again all i need to do is to make sure i invite thunder in featuring wit hot fire to burn u, and if anyone of u try to ban me, dats is not a big deal, and i have as many account as possible and if u ban dem all dem no dey collect money b4 opening yahoomail or gmail 4 me to open another account. Garbaric idiomatic foools!!!.

I feel you my brother,their own self too much,Modewaiting abi wetin den call deir name self.
Re: Aturu Slams Fashola On Lagos Fire Comment by CohenJane: 9:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
duality: without prejudice, Aturu made a valid point and such submissions are sinequanon for our democracy. This is the only way we can get the best at both Federal , State, and Local government levels. Unfortunately what i see every day on nairaland; are bunch of ass kissers of both Federal and State govt trying hard to out do one another.

...and Fashola too made valid point by his submission. It's a two way thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki's Eyes Now On 2019 - Senator Misau! / Why I Am Joining APC – Florence Ita-Giwa / Fayose's Trial: Witness Say They Moved ₦200 Million From His House With Escorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.