Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame (1137 Views)

#RiversRerun: Betty Apiafi Emerges Winner / Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? / Buhari Considers Pastor Tunde Bakare As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by MAYOWAAK: 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
Taking a cursory look at this thread:https://www.nairaland.com/1139332/nairaland-politics-section-hall-fame/7#13584967 with emphasis on the votes cast so far,I can safely conclude that the self styled Serving Overseer of Latter Rain Assembly,Pastor Tunde Bakare is coasting home to victory,without pre-empting the moderators and those who are yet to cast their votes.

However,below is my tribute to the man I refer to as as a multi-dimensional persona.Tunde Bakare,pastor,politician,lawyer,activist:

Tunde Bakare 58 IS A LAWYER AND PASTOR but he is standing out from the maddening crowd of lewd lawyers and prodigal pastors.He has shown exemplary courage and taken his courage on a road show.He and his group, the Save Nigeria Group, has touched the imagination of his fellow citizens by restoring their right to question and challenge inequitable government policies by unblocking their minds ,which have been weighed down by successive oppressive governments.

However,the consistency with which Bakare challenges the government to do what is right and lawful for the benefit of the Nigerian citizens often portrays as a man who is wont to cause controversy and set the society on fire.He is a man of courage.He has moved against the virulent forces.

When Gani Fawehinmi was alive,people accused the irrepressible human rights lawyer of the love of fame and publicity simply because he showed courage in confronting the establishment when occasions called for it,but he needed neither fame nor publicity because he had both already though his legal writings and publications.For Gani and Bakare,the show of courage is no scheme for advancement,it is no scheme to to humiliate others or to make life comfortable for themselves.For them,the show of courage seems to be a way of life.For real men of courage,fear is afraid of them.

Bakare,the Pastor of Latter Rain Assembly has shown the kind of courage exhibited by the Hebrew midwives,Shiphrah and Puah,who were instructed by the autocratic King Pharoah of Egypt to kill all boys as soon as they were born.The defied the King and let the boys live.Bakare’s courage can also be compared to that of Moses’s mother who hid her newly born son for three months and risked the anger of the King.Her courage saved her boy.

Bakare is the equivalent of the Good Samaritan.Some Pastors are Bad Samaritans,they are truth benders,they scavenge for money by hook or crook,their only desire is to build empires of filth and this vaulting ambition blinds them to the true essence of religion,blinds them from dispensing the gift of Good Samaritanism.At a time of depression,desperation sends people to all sort of places for placation but Bakare is one of the exceptional shepherds who worry about the well-being of their sheep whether the attend his church or not.That is why he would take up the fight for a better Nigeria.

Bakare is also a lawyer.Lawyers are partisan professionals.They are hired by one party,they speak for one party,they defend one party,the party that hires them.As a lawyer,he could have chosen to defend big,thieving multi-nationals who are ripping off poor widows and orphans but he did not.No one hired Bakare but he is defending Nigeria without a fee.That is the stuff of patriotism.

Bakare does not have the gift of flaming oratory.He says commonsensical things in a frank and direct manner.He doesn’t waste words,he just says what needs to be said but what he says touches the nerve because it is true.Truth is oratory.It needs no embellishment,no decoration,no dressing up.And it takes me of courage to say the truth,the inconvenient truth and to fight for its triumph.

A good Nigeria can only be built by courage.As J.M Barrie said “Courage is the thing.All goes if courage goes.”.Tunde Bakare,pastor,lawyer,activist is a man of great courage which is why NAIRALANDERS in my humble opinion has chosen him as winner of the POLITICS SECTION:HALL OF FAME 2012.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by jmaine: 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2012
Pastor Bakare is busy respecting the code of silence handed to him by the SSS . . .Who no dey fear FG grin

Meanwhile Kudos to him for prolly winning any show this year cool
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by wesley80(m): 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2012
Yep, he won just like Buhari won the NL presidential election by a landslide. Fact is Tunde Bakare -the politician- is nothing but a bloviating villain than the virtual hero he's made out to be - Get used to it!
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by OmoTier1(m): 1:47am On Dec 29, 2012
wesley80: Yep, he won just like Buhari won the NL presidential election by a landslide. Fact is Tunde Bakare -the politician- is nothing but a bloviating villain than the virtual hero he's made out to be - Get used to it!
You know Nigerians wallow in pain because they never appreciate the good among them! Face it, the man has done more for His country, can you reference what you have done for Nigeria?
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by birdman(m): 2:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Bakare may very well be the only Nigerian that can willfully die for Nigeria. For that alone, he deserves to win all awards he gets nominated for.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by PointB: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2012
The most courageous Babatunde Bakare has ever done was calling Bola Tinubu his real names - a bastard and identity thief!

As for ranting against the government for his electoral lost, I see not how that benefit the common man. And lately, the hate inciting child of anger has been cowed into abrupt silence as rightly noted by Jmaine. Congrats to him nonetheless. I hope this serves as a huge compensation for him!
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by donchris369: 7:37am On Dec 29, 2012
Nairaland the site of jokers. I expect senator iyiola omisore to win next year hall of fame award, by the way he just donated 2.5 million naira to save 2 cancer patients after he had killed so many people including the great bola ige. Nairaland the site of jokers.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by wesley80(m): 8:01am On Dec 29, 2012
Omo_Tier1:
You know Nigerians wallow in pain because they never appreciate the good among them! Face it, the man has done more for His country, can you reference what you have done for Nigeria?
What are the "more" he's done for his country? Eating his vomit on Buhari, leading a pack of ignoramuses to the streets to fight for petroleum subsidy that benefits no one in the long run or calling for the assasination of political leaders in a democracy? Which of those makes a hero? Perhaps you've been swayed by the cheap media activism that translates to no more than noisemaking, I wonder how his bravery compares with that of the pre - NADECO and NADECO days when folks where whisked into jails and torture chambers for the look on their faces! How does that compare with Bakare's Aje Butter radicalism that of course has to be played out in the full glare of the media for max effects? I expected to see the radical when GEJ moved those military men to the streeets in the final days of the subsidy protest defiant and all but guess who was missing in action? I know a hero when I see one and Bakare isn't even close.

3 Likes

Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2012
jmaine(m)

wesley80(m)

PointB

donchris369

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!!

But the fact is - who Jah has blessed no one can curse! wink wink

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by GARRIx7(m): 8:26am On Dec 29, 2012
Congrats to TUNDE BAKARE. You are a great man...
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by gbanikiti(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2012
Everyone is a winner in whatever we do to touch the lives of others. Congrats to him anyway.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Standing5(m): 9:03am On Dec 29, 2012
wesley80:
What are the "more" he's done for his country? Eating his vomit on Buhari, leading a pack of ignoramuses to the streets to fight for petroleum subsidy that benefits no one in the long run or calling for the assasination of political leaders in a democracy? Which of those makes a hero? Perhaps you've been swayed by the cheap media activism that translates to no more than noisemaking, I wonder how his bravery compares with that of the pre - NADECO and NADECO days when folks where whisked into jails and torture chambers for the look on their faces! How does that compare with Bakare's Aje Butter radicalism that of course has to be played out in the full glare of the media for max effects? I expected to see the radical when GEJ moved those military men to the streeets in the final days of the subsidy protest defiant and all but guess who was missing in action? I know a hero when I see one and Bakare isn't even close.
Call it Aje Butter radicalism, half bread is far better than none bro.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by wesley80(m): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2012
^ When did we become that desperate?
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by jmaine: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2012
greateros: jmaine(m)

wesley80(m)

PointB

donchris369

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!!

Na you sabi....me just dey yarn truth na ....When last did you hear from the Pulpit of Pastor Bakare after the SSS nice invitation grin . . ..
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by mikeywise(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2012
greateros: jmaine(m)

wesley80(m)

PointB

donchris369

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!!

These guys are laptops na, u no know b4?
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by wesley80(m): 10:55am On Dec 29, 2012
^ You be desktop, akpa!
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by jmaine: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
mikeywise:
These guys are laptops na, u no know b4?

Una wey come be Sendo - X crew . . .Wetin we wan yarn again . . .
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2012
@PointB
Ifugo PM mu sendiri gi? Odunnu si mu gwa gina Onlytruth ka unu sendia ya message maka na onwe ife ochoro igwa unu.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by PointB: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
afam4eva: @PointB
Ifugo PM mu sendiri gi? Odunnu si mu gwa gina Onlytruth ka unu sendia ya message maka na onwe ife ochoro igwa unu.

Imeela mazi Afam,

M'ga sendi mazi Odumchi msg na hushmail ya.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2012
PointB:

Imeela mazi Afam,

M'ga sendi mazi Odumchi msg na hushmail ya.
Oburo mazi odumchi. owu Odunnu.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by PointB: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
afam4eva:
Oburo mazi odumchi. owu Odunnu.

Oh, Odunnu? Nsewu adiri.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
PointB:

Oh, Odunnu? Nsewu adiri.
I we r'ike hapu email gi eba kam jiri akam ye ya.
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by PointB: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
afam4eva:
I we r'ike hapu email gi eba kam jiri akam ye ya.

Ok. pointblank2020 @ yahoo . com or pointb @ hushamail . com

Nke obula ochoro
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2012
PointB:

Ok. pointblank2020 @ yahoo . com or pointb @ hushamail . com

Nke obula ochoro
Imeela

Ima nke Onlytuith?
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by PointB: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2012
afam4eva:
Imeela

Ima nke Onlytuith?

nke Onlytuith wu

ezendigbo_nl @ hushmail . com
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by wesley80(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2012
kene gbasara asusu igbo ni okwu bakare?
Re: Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame by Akanbiedu(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2012
jmaine: Pastor Bakare is busy respecting the code of silence handed to him by the SSS . . .Who no dey fear FG grin

Meanwhile Kudos to him for prolly winning any show this year cool

Wicked comment.

(1) (Reply)

Africa The Fast Asleep Giant - Kwame Nkrumah / A Tale of 2 Pictures. The Eagles And The Falcons / GEJ To Get 3 Billion Dollars INFRASTRUCTURE LOAN From CHINA Next Week!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.