Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,602 members, 7,823,618 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? (7932 Views)

Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr / Tribute To Tunde Bakare As He Emerges Winner Of Politics Section Hall Of Fame / Buhari Considers Pastor Tunde Bakare As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by kennyeast(m): 3:53am On Jan 18, 2012
Personally i see Pst. Tunde Bakare as the Martin Luther King Jr. of Nigeria, what do u think? and considering the politics of Nigeria, do u believe that if Martin Luther King was a Nigerian, he would have died for nothing? Remember Ken Saro Wiwa and even Fela Kuti both died for similar struggle.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by sbeezy8: 3:54am On Jan 18, 2012
HELL no
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by bashr8: 3:54am On Jan 18, 2012
Why bakare why not tinubu
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by BlackPikiN(m): 4:04am On Jan 18, 2012
Martin ko Ludachris ni?
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Beaf: 4:13am On Jan 18, 2012
Martin wetin? Martin vulture or Martin hyena?
OP, you got jokes! grin grin grin grin

Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by GeneralGEJ: 4:47am On Jan 18, 2012
He will soon be jailed like I attempted to jail tinubu
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Johndoe100(m): 4:55am On Jan 18, 2012
This is the kind of statement that can only come from a deranged Yoruba person. Bakare is lucky not to be in jail on treasonus felony charges.
Fela died of AIDS fool.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Rad1cal: 5:41am On Jan 18, 2012
An insult to Martin Luther King cry
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by kennyeast(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2012
Fools, I only ask a question and some animals are busy insulting dia father.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by gendebs(m): 6:39am On Jan 18, 2012
kennyeast:

Personally i see Pst. Tunde Bakare as the Martin Luther King Jr. of Nigeria, what do u think? and considering the politics of Nigeria, do u believe that if Martin Luther King was a Nigerian, he would have died for nothing? Remember Ken Saro Wiwa and even Fela Kuti both died for similar struggle.
Tunde Bakare have lost his value he is only seekin attention. Comparing Martin King to Bakare is like comparin Messi to Aiyegbeni Yakubu
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2012
That means cossy ojiakor can also be considered as mother theresa or even holy mary.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Detongue: 8:38am On Jan 18, 2012
Joke of d century, he should thnk his God dat he has not been mob by his own crowd
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by deboski4u: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2012
i like Pst. Bakare when he preaches, but u cant compare him to those, am disaapointed with the recent outrage from him, God want us to obey constituted authority, he hsi a politician now CPC MEMBER
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by azyaq(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2012
i disagree wit u coz those people u ar lookin @ are selfish nd would always protect their personal intrest. Great Matins
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by kt3tu(m): 8:51am On Jan 18, 2012
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2012
gendebs:

Tunde Bakare have lost his value he is only seekin attention. Comparing Martin King to Bakare is like comparin Messi to Aiyegbeni Yakubu

What value? Kindly highlight such if any.

deboski4u:

i like Pst. Bakare when he preaches, but u cant compare him to those, am disaapointed with the recent outrage from him, God want us to obey constituted authority, he hsi a politician now CPC MEMBER

Am sure God also wants us to hold them accountable.

Bakare is doing a terrific job. Kudos to him.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by guonno: 8:54am On Jan 18, 2012
Ken saro died for ogoni people's oil. Fela died for the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF PVSSY. MARTIN DIED FOR THE ENTIRE BLACK RACE IN AMERICA INCLUDING OBAMA! Constitution(the law of man) and the bible(the law of GOD), are two different books. While politicians believes in constitution, pastors believes in the bible. The bible affects only the christians in nigeria while the constitution affects everyone in nigeria. How then can bakare govern nigeria with the bible? Its just like giving in to bgoko harams request to islamize nigeria. If the op calls bakare his martin luther, then i can be seen as the muhammad of the Muslim people. Am just joking O!
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by CyrilO1: 8:58am On Jan 18, 2012
PTK is incomparable 2 MLK Pls
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2012
kennyeast:

I agree with you but 2 see you include femi kuti whom wasn't at the real sense worthy of emulation as a role model evry1 tink he is. The typical nigeria society believes that any1 who av guts 2 stand against our usually insane govt. shud be a hero not minding d immoral values their daily lives emitted. Tunde shud not be compared yet, but he shud be like not only MLK bt mandela or desmond tutu in the long run, time will tell, i realy wish our men of God take 2 his steps!
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by ignis: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2012
Bakare is just doing that for selfish reasons and not for nigerians , Mark you.
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 18, 2012
Pastor Bakare is a pompous self-serving Martin Luther wanna-be but can never be fit enough to buckle the sandals of the great M.L. King
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Ournaija: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2012
Hmmmmmmm, so much hate for one man
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2012
Ournaija:

Why is that ? Everyone seem to say the same word "Selfish".
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by ceah(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2012
Poster, i agree with you to some extent.PTB is like, not Martin luther King. Do ppl know The meaning of simile in figure of speech !, we were taught in Class 1 in secondary school, when The wicked Rules and The righteous keep quiet, all we get is madness and more wickedness in The land, Nigeria must be Free from thieves, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 18, 2012
Ournaija:

my broda bad belle no small,

LeoMax:

Pastor Bakare is a pompous self-serving Martin Luther wanna-be but can never be fit enough to buckle the sandals of the great M.L. King

With al due respect 2 MLk the african govt. oppositn is the sturfest any man can withstand! Can u compare the struggle of Mandela 2 MLK, what made MLK so outstanding? The prophesy, chikina! 
But because of our lack of respect for our Nigerian God who is also MLK's american God, his nigerian servant is trampled upon wit extreme disrespect, a sin 2 d man who remains d govt. of up(masses)! My question 2 his critics is, how many nigerian pastors are like Tunde? Are they nt waiting 4 d slightest of opportunity 2 rub minds and get money?
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by bootstrap(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2012
funny thing, what does most of u know abt DR Martin Luther King, other than what wiki/google has to say, so what is the basis for the comparison?

Anyways, I really respect the person of Tunde Bakare. It is not enof to criticize a govt, we all have to make efforts to actually want to change things. and that is what he has done. ''walking his words"
He is a pastor - relationship with God.
An activist - attending to his conscience.
A politician - Coming all out to contribute to the change he so desperately wants.

so if anybody here thinks he is not a great man, the person shld first show me what efforts he or she has made to contribute to the change we all crave for and come out here to run our mouths about.

SAY WHAT U WANT, BUT PERSONALLY, I THINK IT IS ONLY A GREAT MAN THAT WILL NOT JUST TALK, BUT ACTUALLY STAND UP TO BRING ABT THE CHANGE HE/SHE SO MUCH TALKS ABOUT.

TALK IS CHEAP, SHOW ME!
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by goodbobo: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2012
You people will not seize to amaze me . You see a man of God trying to fight for  people right and fight for just cause yet u condemn him .  When he was fighting for GEJ to be installed as the acting president when Yardua died , was he wrong then for fighting for justice ?

See if not for the likes of him , Femi Falana and the rest , you people will be buying fuel for 140n now .

U can compare the two cos they are both pastors and human right activist .

Didn't the bible say faith without work is death . Just praying to God for this country and siting the corner of our home folding our arms will never solve anything .

We see someone not just sitting down , actually doing something to ensure a better Nigeria yet we open our big mouth to condemn him .

Now i see why the efforts of the people like Gani and all the great men that are fighting even at the expense of their life to see a better nigeria are dashed .

Big shame
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2012
Infact he is like MLK, Desmond Tutu and even Jesse Jackson of Nigeria combined together. If u arent ok with that, abegii go commit suicide.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by yd849ja: 10:18am On Jan 18, 2012
This Nairaland has completely gone to the dogs!!!! There is hardly a day you come herer nowadays that you don't see bigotry, tribalism, nepotism and stupidity of the highest denomination displayed by some moronic ignorant illiterates and their likes. Is it that hard to make an intelligent comment or argument or comprehend it without hauling insult and abuse at the personality of the subject matter, or can it be safely said that most of you guys IQ was actually subsidized and hence been removed like the fuel subsidy. If I may ask all you fools insulting Tunde Bakare can you please tell me how much of Martin Luther King's history you really familiar with apart from the fact that you keep hearing of his name and his epoch speech? Morons on the loose all over NL. Thank you Bootstrap, this country is just not ready for freedom from all the ills bedeviling it, if you can not appreciate little things like workings of democracy and what it means to have oppositions!

Likes of LeoMax, Beaf and their foot soldiers should please have their sick heads checked up and have them removed from inside their assholes!
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by 989900: 10:28am On Jan 18, 2012
There is no MLK in Nigeria. IMO, only easily assured people or, slow thinkers (and I ain't aiming at GEJ) would think otherwise.

In btw, I[b] immensely appreciate all his effort in the past 2weeks[/b] thereabout he came out in "warrior mode" but no-no MLK not even close. Maybe Gani and he wasn't clergy was he?
Re: Would Consider Tunde Bakare As The Martin Luther King Jr. Of Nigeria? by ollyruffy: 10:38am On Jan 18, 2012
It is only on NL you see the true minds of Nigerians, you can then know the true situations of this country and her people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Destroy Buildings, Telecom-masts In Borno / 2023: Godwin Emefiele Discontinues Suit Against INEC, Malami / Mahmod Yakubu: The Positives Of The 2023 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.