Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

GRE And TOEFL Examinations - Educational Services (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / GRE And TOEFL Examinations (63636 Views)

Does Passing GRE And TOEFL Guarantee A Scholarship? / Toefl, Sat, Gre And Gmat Tutorials, Admissions/scholarship And Visa To Us. / Proffesional Examinations (toefl, Gmat, Sat Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by rachiwise(f): 10:40am On May 05, 2008
Pls i would like to know if any that has done the GRE recently got an high mark.i mean 1000 & above and if yes how??becos ppl i know that did the test recently all got below 1000.Pls let's know how to get 1470 like some said they did ooo.

waiting,
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by mikedabo: 11:23am On Jun 26, 2008
Hi. I have a B.A in English yet the school am applying to requests i write Toefl and GRE. Is the toefl normal? Also does someone know the next available dates for these exams? I dont understand what I see on The website.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by FlyDiva(f): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
i really need to know which one is better or more advisable to take, the GRE or GMAT, cos the school i'm looking at says they need either? and if i wanna apply for fall next year when will be the best time to take the exams and finish with it all before registration?
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by FlyDiva(f): 11:50pm On Sep 07, 2008
ekyblue:

Please i want to know where i can get adresses of GMAT/GRE Examination centres in Abuja.

pls where is the reply to this question cos i'd like to know too, also toefl centre
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Trinito: 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
I found an academy that offers registration for SAT, Toefl, GRE, GMAT and other international exams. I need to know if they are a reliable academy. Has any one used them before?

The also offer tutorials and they say they are an accredited Test Center.

THey are at No 16, Olaolu street, Isolo, Lagos.

Please reply anyone
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by gongoaso1: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ flydiva and ekyblue
INTEGRAL TECHNOLOGIES LTD
GRD FLR, NIGERIAN RE-INSURANCE BUILDING
PLOT 784A, HERBERT MACAULAY WAY
WUSE ZONE4
ABUJA 900284
NIGERIA
am registered for december in abuja.cheers
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by jordanese: 10:36pm On Nov 25, 2008
Nonny,

My very good friend have applied for TOEFL exam through the link you posted on your thread but don't know how to make payment.

I will be most grateful if you can assist us with the info on how to make payment.

Hope to hear from you soonest and God bless your day.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by jonedet(m): 11:54pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ gongo_aso
Thanks man, will check out the addy asap.
I actually found a centre (Touche Nigeria Limited, Abuja) but they were ridiculously expensive, N40,000 ($335) for GRE and N35,000 ($295) for TOEFL. I do not recomend Touche to anyone.
Anyone interested can also check out these link. they do online registration through thier agents in the US: http://www.nairaestore.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=225
All the best
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Goldman42(m): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2008
You can get a visa to go for your TOEFL exams in Canada at a very cheap rate.
If you are interested, open this link,click on 'Register for Courses'.Search for TOEFL and register:

http://secure.vec.bc.ca/agent_sites/index.cfm?id=17002

There are other programs there too.You can be assisted into any Canadian University by the School after your course
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by jonedet(m): 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ flydiva and ekyblue
The address for the Abuja certified testing centre is:

FIRST LOGIC

ABUJA OFFICE :

Ground Floor,Nigerian Reinsurance Building, Herbert Macaulay. (In between NNPC amd UNITY Bank Building)
Tel; 09-2909224, 6710039.

LAGOS OFFICE :

LAGOS Office: Ground Floor, WEMA Bank Building, Plot 30, Oba Akran Avenue,Ikeja,
(WEMA Bank Building after UNION Bank)
Tel; 01-7920286,8124412.

PORT-HARCOURT OFFICE :

57 Aba Road, ECOBANK Building, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Tel: 084-886560, 084-526612 ,08067202202.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by afolabi172: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2009
Why complain about test centre guys.U need to cheeck out Oak Computers Limited in Ogba ,beside County Hospital.

The Connection was super.
I wrote my Toefl exams there and it was perfect.

U need to check it out.

They register and pay on behalf of the candidate and train candidate before the exams.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by mylock: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2009
If you are interested in consultation and registration for
GRE
GMAT
TOEFL
SAT
CAT
ACCA

CALL
THE LEAGUE OF CONCENTRIC KONSULTANTS CUSTOMER CARE (LOCK) on
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by emmyclev(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
i would be taking the gre on the 3rd sept, and i want to know anyone residing in PH who is also taking it so as to exchange valuable ideas, my target is >1500 and i believe am on track, so anyone interested in , shld IM me,
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by deept(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2009
emmyclev:

i would be taking the gre on the 3rd sept, and i want to know anyone residing in PH who is also taking it so as to exchange valuable ideas, my target is >1500 and i believe am on track, so anyone interested in , shld IM me,

@ emmyclev

would like to register for the exam in Ph, would also like to do d exam around that time, where/which agency do u use.
i wont mind the exchange value thingy u talked aboput
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by emmyclev(m): 12:42am On Jun 25, 2009
@deept

well i used firstlogic in aba rd(ecobank) i think is abt 38k or so now,i actually paid 30k as @ last yr but due to the fluntuatn in currency, I think we cld do each other real good, m@il me @ emmyclev@yahoo.com, let's see how it goes
deept:

@ emmyclev

would like to register for the exam in Ph, would also like to do d exam around that time, where/which agency do u use.
i wont mind the exchange value thingy u talked aboput
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by afrodoc(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ RACHIWISE

i sat for the GRE earlier this month and i scored 1520,760 in the quantitative and 760 in the verbal so its very possible to get above 1000.i spent just one month preparing for the exam BUT i made sure it was quality time (i was on leave for 6weeks b4 the exam so i had time to read).i used both kaplan and barron and i feel they both have pros and cons.barrons teaching techniques are better than kaplan;s however the kaplan CD is more analytical than the barron CD,helping to pick out weak points.i advice you pick a time u will be free to study cos qualitative reading is the key not number of hours,all the best
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Superbrain(m): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2009
afrodoc:

@ RACHIWISE

i sat for the GRE earlier this month and i scored 1520,760 in the quantitative and 760 in the verbal so its very possible to get above 1000.i spent just one month preparing for the exam BUT i made sure it was quality time (i was on leave for 6weeks b4 the exam so i had time to read).i used both kaplan and barron and i feel they both have pros and cons.barrons teaching techniques are better than kaplan;s however the kaplan CD is more analytical than the barron CD,helping to pick out weak points.i advice you pick a time u will be free to study cos qualitative reading is the key not number of hours,all the best

Thatz a stellar score. Would be taking mine in two months time. I hope to score above 1500 but i really need a perfect score on the quant section. Wish you the best in your endeavours.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by cunlay7(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2009
Hi,
Does anybody have an idea of the fee for GRE at First logic Abuja branch. Pls reply asap.Thanks
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by realmajid(m): 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ CunlaY 7
NGN 38,800 is the reg fee for GRE in first logic,Abuja, as of today.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by makintosh(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2009
Please, I want to know how long it takes before results are released.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Godeagle: 9:33am On Sep 28, 2009
Hey all, I recently did my GRE, though cancelled the scores. I don't advise anyone to register for the GRE or TOEFL through agents. Do it yourself; just get a visacard from one of the banks and pay online at ETS's site. There are so many scam artistes around. I've had cases where they register for you sucessfully but somehow withdraw the payment after you have taken the exam. ETS then withholds your scores saying that you are owing them.

As for acing the exam, my advice will be that you give it enough time, some people study up to one year. Get the best books: Barrons, Kaplan, Bigbook, PowerPrep software. I also recommend you use this site: www.urch.com/forums, its the greatest place to be if you want to ace the test. All the best folks. smiley
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by donciccio: 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
Wat is really the need for this GRE, that's why do western schools require GRE from Nigerians even when they know we speak English?
Also, i want to take it (GRE) b4 Jan 2010. wch agent is reliable and if i'll need to apply on my own how do i go about it here in lagos? Guys i need ur advice pls.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by bongabiz(m): 2:23am On Oct 13, 2009
Pls I'm to write mine at 12noon in ABJ, do they really keep to time or will I just have to arrive at 8am anyway?
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by papi22(m): 7:44am On Oct 13, 2009
do u need to study abroad europe, canada and america
or need to register for toefl
email, rowallace12@yahoo.com
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by meetpres: 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2009
i just found this great website, it will help you with everything you need to know .@ www.preciouseducation.net.tf
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by bongabiz(m): 3:31am On Oct 20, 2009
Just got 1400. (760 Q, 640 V)
How useful is this for a full scholarship?
I intend to do something public health related like MPH or Epidemiology.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by saviola24: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2009
please has any one done either industrial training, youth service and or just worked in dcc satelites and networks at Lekki area in Lagos (a division of computer warehouse group), pls i want to work there while i await my nysc,so i want to know how much they likely pay this category listed above so that i can know how to plan my transport and accomodation expenses. and also if you have worked there,kindly tell me what your experience is like and how they train people in networking. thanks while i await your reply.
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by Physicist(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2009
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by MOAFESG: 4:47am On Nov 27, 2009
Please don't fall for scam artist in Nigeria. There are a lot of them taking students money and not providing the necessary services. We are MOAF Educational Services Group, LLC, an educational consultancy firm based out of Washington DC, USA is primarily focused on assisting and guiding potential students from abroad and placing them in United States Colleges of their choice. With extensive knowledge of the United States education system, we are able to render advice on college and course selections. We give you advise and help you with all of your admissions into Universities in the US. Please visit us at www.moafesg.com or contact us at contact@moafesg.com.

A lot of our customers have fallen for scam artists and un-approved agencies and as such had to re-take their necessary exams. Before you take any actions, please let us help you.

Management of MOAFESG, LLC
www.moafesg.com
contact@moafesg.com
Re: GRE And TOEFL Examinations by afrodoc(m): 2:55am On Nov 29, 2009
@ bongabiz
1400 is a very good score and i'm sure u'll be able to get an admission into ANY public health school of ur choice,nut scholarship is anoda matter entirely o.it depends on other things apart from your score.the schools will look at your transcripts,your statement of purpose,your recommendations and especially your CV(proven record of interest and leadership in public health programs) to decide on whether to offer you a scholarship.
i scored 1520 and applied to several skools and i'm also hoping for scholarship,by God's grace we will all make it.Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

STUDY IN REPUBLIC OF BENIN,COTONOU 2016/2017 ENROLLMENT / Secrets Of Smashing JAMB With High Scores / Free sponsorship for your Education Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.