Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? (5760 Views)

Guys Only: Answer These Questions / Benefits Of Experiencing A Failed Relationship / After 4 Years, Is Divorce The Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Infinitegrace: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
In my case; my husband beats me up with serious injuries and afterwards still feels justified for doing so. He recently beat me up with two months pregnancy. For the sake of our two kinds and the one in the womb, I have opted for separation. I believe an abusive marriage is not worth fighting for cause life is at risk.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Goldieluks: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
Infinitegrace: In my case; my husband beats me up with serious injuries and afterwards still feels justified for doing so. He recently beat me up with two months pregnancy. For the sake of our two kinds and the one in the womb, I have opted for separation. I believe an abusive marriage is not worth fighting for cause life is at risk.

My God!
That's unblieveable. Move out of the house as quickly as you can. Don't make yourself a punching bag for any man even if he's your husband. I can clearly remember how a course mate of mine sustained internal injury due to beatings from her husband. Its not worth staying with a woman batterer. Plus you happen to be pregnant.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by caukerzee(m): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
Marriage is the only institution you dont graduate from, you either get expelled or droupout. Its like two people entering into a bottel. The only way to get out is to break it. So unfortunately, divorce is the best way. The alternative is death.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by caukerzee(m): 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
angry
Infinitegrace: In my case; my husband beats me up with serious injuries and afterwards still feels justified for doing so. He recently beat me up with two months pregnancy. For the sake of our two kinds and the one in the womb, I have opted for separation. I believe an abusive marriage is not worth fighting for cause life is at risk.
kill him!!!
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by hotmas911(m): 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
From the comments u will easily know the experienced and the inexperienced. The fools and the wise. cool

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Goldieluks: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2012
^^And where do you stand? Since you deem it fit to seperate the fools from the wise irrespective of their diverse life experiences.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by vascey(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Failure, even in marriage, is relative. All depends on the failure threshold of the parties involved. Everyone has a threshold.

However, I have seen seemingly failed marriages bounce back really well through prayers, selflessness and hardwork.

No, divorce is not the only way.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by megareal: 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2012
Rather than remain miserable or worse still dead. I say go for divorce and live happy and longer.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by aieromon(m): 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
I won't trade my happiness for anything in this world. Its either we dissolve the union or you get ready to die.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Infinitegrace: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2012
I have already moved out, I intend to seek for the custody of my kids.

My God!
That's unblieveable. Move out of the house as quickly as you can. Don't make yourself a punching bag for any man even if he's your husband. I can clearly remember how a course mate of mine sustained internal injury due to beatings from her husband. Its not worth staying with a woman batterer. Plus you happen to be pregnant.
[/quote]
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by 2nedo(m): 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]Divorce is not the only option, but death is also another [/color]
There's no need 4 weaknes in marriage b4 death comes or are u advicing m..... as an option?
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by kemifemi: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
makinde3:

The solution is not to divorce but prayers to almight God

No matter how long you pray/fast , it won't work if the parties are not willing and determined.

1 Like

Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by k2039: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
2nedo: There's no need 4 weaknes in marriage b4 death comes or are u advicing m..... as an option?

[color=soyouquotedme]suicide or murder will do [/color]
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by SELFWORTH: 9:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
What is a failed marriage ?
Why did it fail?

These are the key questions. One size does not fit all. Every problem has a solution as long as both parties are willing.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by SELFWORTH: 9:04pm On Dec 30, 2012
bknight: Separation is an option. It proves effective in certain cases where both need some growing up to do

... This is western ideology. It infact speeds up the route to the divorce.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by kokosmiles: 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
It is the only option when the man will pray u dead or feels u want to kill him.Before I got separated, if I give my my husband food he will have my children have a taste of it before he eats.But when it comes to other things like my money n other stuffs he won't be scared that I will kill him but will rather beat me black n blue.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by 2nedo(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2012
k2039:

[color=soyouquotedme]suicide or murder will do [/color]
When things come to this side of the road, u need a vacation to d countryside to cool ur head n rethink,im sure u'll be back with beta thing than takin life.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by SELFWORTH: 12:39am On Dec 31, 2012
kokosmiles: It is the only option when the man will pray u dead or feels u want to kill him.Before I got separated, if I give my my husband food he will have my children have a taste of it before he eats.But when it comes to other things like my money n other stuffs he won't be scared that I will kill him but will rather beat me black n blue.

That is an animal.

God hates a violent man. If your life is in danger, then the only way is out.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by bknight: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2012
kaboninc:

I'll go with you on this one. With separation, both couples can really have a re-think and hopefully they could get back. I really do not want to experience a failed marriage. But if it happens...I believe there must be a way out but....it won't happen. That's my conviction

This divorce thingy makes marriage look like another type of dating. Quit when you wish

I hear more of separated partners coming back together after a while than separated partners going ahead to get divorced still. Time allows for healing.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by fckmn24seg(m): 10:42am On Dec 31, 2012
Emusan: Marriage is the process by which two people who love each other make their relationship public, official, and permanent.

In comparison; a marriage that about to collapse and that of an abandoned building that is so fragile to collapse, to me there's no difference. And to a Builder/Building Technicians, a building that its collapse is imminent can be restore back to is original position which can still withstand winds, heavy rain, and spend the normal life-span. by replacing some old parts with a new part.

Do you think couples can still do something in other to prevent divorce, if a marriage seems fragile and the collapse seems imminent?

I am a living witness of divorce, I endured for seven years with 2 kids, but my wife is not helping the matter coupled with her wrong advisers, i happy i took the step, our living apart for 6 months gave me a sigh of relieve, until the court pronounced us divorced in the year 2011, today i am happy although i dont have plan to re marry, untill my children finish their secondary school education.
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Mercyu1(f): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2012
cold:
Are you serious?Even to the detriment of the occupants?Or you haven't seen where occupants of a building have been instructed to leave their homes because it has been it has been damaged beyond repairs and has to be demolished.I see you're trying really hard to make an argument of saving a marriage but sometimes a union may have been damaged beyond repair,the only solution would be to pull the plug and go your separate ways before things degenerate any further
u are right my dear.it is better 2 divorce than 2 die of hrt pain or die young frm a failed marriage.But on d other hand,it depends on whether d damage done 2 d marriage is beyond repair or not.i bliv copules can always resolve their issues within themselves but wen theres a threat 2 life, they shuld better divorce
Re: Is Divorce The Only Answer To A Failed Marriage? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
Divorce is never a good thing but in the end it may be the only option. Am glad that brother shared his story before people start saying it's only women that seek divorce , days of people tolerating abuse because they make things work is gradually coming to end, divorcees and mature single people need a different type of spiritual counselling and encouragement which I see lacking in our society. If my brother or sister was in a marriage that threatened his or her life, then yes I would support divorce because it is only when you are alive that you can train your children..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Calabar Guys Are Actually The Best / Ladies Do This To Me Because I'm Too Handsome?? + PHOTOS N My PICS / Don’t Lie O!! Take A Look At This Photo, What Is The First Thing You Saw?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.