Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? (4709 Views)

I'll Laugh If Messi Wins The Ballon D'or - Pique / Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year / League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
I know its h8rd. Messi keeps on bre8king 40 ye8r old records. You turn on your tv one old footb8ll legend is t8lking lionel messi nd c8lling the gre8test of 8ll time. You re m8d, you flip the ch8nnel nd 8nother legend is suggesting messi is the best ever. You re m8d 8g8in. There is 8dren8lin build up. You cnt be 8 guest on supersport or 8lj8zeer8, You c8nt hve your s8y, u cnt kill messi, you resort to being 8 n8ir8l8nd internet tough guy. Th8ts wh8t 8ll you messi h8ters re. Get re8dy its in 5 d8ys time, j8nu8ry 7. You will need your menfriends to console you 8g8in when he gets number four.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

but it's the truth - tell me one competition messi has proven himself at senior level outside barcelona. cristiano beasted the english league and now the spanish league(2 different teams). ronaldo(at 19 yrs of age) was a star at euro 2004 for portugal. messi on the other hand is rated less than robinho, adriano, suarez, forlan in south america.

messi can only function in one type of football(tiki-taka)......ronaldo is the universal adaptor. put him in any league and he would adapt. for messi to even score 50 goals here, he would need the whole barca players in england. that's the only set up he can thrive in.
Messi have nothing more to prove to anybody. The world have seen all they need to see. As for Ronaldo, he still need to jungate from one league to another in order to see If he can get another shot at being the best again. Sadly this may be his last chance. Such is the unfortunate travail he must contend with when he has Messi around and kicking.
I think that preety answers you.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by coogar: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
Johnpaul88: Messi have nothing more to prove to anybody. The world have seen all they need to see. As for Ronaldo, he still need to jungate from one league to another in order to see If he can get another shot at being the best again. Sadly this may be his last chance. Such is the unfortunate travail he must contend with when he has Messi around and kicking.
I think that preety answers you.

messi needs to win a competition for argentina.
xavi, zidane, ronaldinho, fat ronaldo, pirlo, etc all achieved that without hassles. there's no doubt messi is the greatest club player on the planet but he has to prove he can do without xaviesta. xaviesta have proven they can win without messi on 3 occasions.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Afam4eva(m): 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

messi needs to win a competition for argentina.
xavi, zidane, ronaldinho, fat ronaldo, pirlo, etc all achieved that without hassles. there's no doubt messi is the greatest club player on the planet but he has to prove he can do without xaviesta. xaviesta have proven they can win without messi on 3 occasions.
Messi is a great player no doubt but he has achieved what he achievement due to the support he gets from his team mates at Barcelona. He has tapped into the Barcelona ideology and it has enabled him to give his best. If he goes to an akpu team like chelsea for example, he might get frustrated because the players there don't have the ideology that he possesses. I think that's one of the reasons why Torres has been a flop in Chelsea.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Oppinions 8re like bvttholes, everyone is entitled. If we org8nized 8 vote for the gre8test footb8ller of 8ll time, fe8turing 1000 footb8ll lumin8ries 8nd press men, messi is gu8r8nteed 300 votes. Ron8ldo wouldo would h8rdly get 8 lone vote. Th8ts 8 test8ment to messis gre8tness 8nd the gulf in cl8ss btween the 2 pl8yers. We c8n 8ll y8p 8ll d8y 8nd 8ll night on n8ir8l8nd.com but messi is the gre8test footb8ller of our gener8tion nd one of the 3 gre8test of 8ll time. B8rcelon8 ideology or not, x8vi 8nd iniest8 or not, world cup or not.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
But Messi never did score 91 goals for Barcelona?? 12 of the 91 was for the Albiceleste so why would anyone expect him to score 91 in the EPL
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Messi 'll win the World cup when his team mates and Argentina are ready for it. Football is a team work not an individual work. If Messi and Aguero keeps scoring and the defence keeps conceding,then they may never win.

But since Messi was handed the captain arm ban, under Alejandro Isabella , he 's really grown to be the leader of the team. Their team have been pretty consistent in 2012 and has risen in the fifa ranking to 3rd from lowly 9th at the turn of the year. It shows they are moving in the right direction ahead of the world cup.

And talking about the world cup, Argentina sit comfortably at the top of their qualifying table. So if any team is ready for this world cup, it is Argentina. They may yet win in Brazil and you Messi haters will have no more defence.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by coogar: 6:02pm On Jan 02, 2013
Johnpaul88: Messi 'll win the World cup when his team mates and Argentina are ready for it. Football is a team work not an individual work. If Messi and Aguero keeps scoring and the defence keeps conceding,then they may never win.

But since Messi was handed the captain arm ban, under Alejandro Isabella , he 's really grown to be the leader of the team. Their team have been pretty consistent in 2012 and has risen in the fifa ranking to 3rd from lowly 9th at the turn of the year. It shows they are moving in the right direction ahead of the world cup.

And talking about the world cup, Argentina sit comfortably at the top of their qualifying table. So if any team is ready for this world cup, it is Argentina. They may yet win in Brazil and you Messi haters will have no more defence.

when his team-mates are ready for him? maradona never used that excuse and trust me messi has better players around him now than maradona ever did. tevez, aguero, higuain, milito, cambiasso, zanetti, heinze are top quality players and yet messi cannot win copa america.....messi got undressed by mesut ozil......messi got annihilated by suarez/forlan. abeg, messi needs some soul-searching!
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Afam4eva(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
coogar:

when his team-mates are ready for him? maradona never used that excuse and trust me messi has better players around him now than maradona ever did. tevez, aguero, higuain, milito, cambiasso, zanetti, heinze are top quality players and yet messi cannot win copa america.....messi got undressed by mesut ozil......messi got annihilated by suarez/forlan. abeg, messi needs some soul-searching!
It's not about having the best players but about playing as a team. Argentina just haven't gotten it right yet.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by coogar: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
afam4eva:
It's not about having the best players but about playing as a team. Argentina just haven't gotten it right yet.

when will they ever get it right?
time is running out - if this golden generation fails to make it then fingers should be pointed at them. messi was wet behind the ears in 2006 so he can be excused then.....in copa 2009, 2011 and the 2010 world cup, he was anonymous!! he has zero influence - no leadership and clueless too. go and get a copy of mexico 86 and watch how maradona led 10 other zombies to a world cup victory........to prove it wasn't a fluke, he led argentina again to another final until a useless referee sold the match to germany by awarding a penalty in the dying minutes of the game.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
K8i n8 w8 o. People will comp8re messi to m8r8don8, comp8re him to pele, comp8re him to ron8ldo de lim8, comp8re him to cr7, comp8re him to pele, 8ll 8t one inst8nce! Its just like seeking 8 bride for 8 king 8nd comp8ring the qu8lities one one to 5 others 8t the s8me stroke. Very unintelligent xnd unf8ir if u 8sk me.for 8rgentin8 messi h8s 8n olympic gold med8l, 8 junior world cup gold med8l,8 cop8 8meric8 siver med8l. More th8n wh8t ron8ldo will ever 8chieve. Messi even without 8 world cup or cop8 8meric8 trophy is still touted 8s 8rgu8bly the best ever, wh8t will h8ppen when he now wins one? He will be c8lled the gre8test in 8ll pl8nets m8ybe?
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
Johnpaul88: Messi 'll win the World cup when his team mates and Argentina are ready for it. Football is a team work not an individual work. If Messi and Aguero keeps scoring and the defence keeps conceding,then they may never win.

Messi is the hottest property now no doubt but to cement his legacy as the G.O.A.T he has to win the WC. Its just the way it is! Its a ritual its a rite of passage into immortality Pele,Beckenbauer,Maradona,Zidane,Ronaldo have all won the WC that's why they would be talked about 50 years from now! Trust me if Messi doesn't win the WC he would probably be remembered only by Barca fan
He is fortunate to be from a football superpower so really he has no excuse
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
You guys are talking as though you are so concerned for Messi to win the world cup. You are only looking for a reason to mock him.
But never mind; Messi has a way of shutting down his detractors up. He 'll win the world cup.
But with or without it, he is already football god.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Johnpaul88: You guys are talking as though you are so concerned for Messi to win the world cup. You are only looking for a reason to mock him.
But never mind; Messi has a way of shutting down his detractors up. He 'll win the world cup.
But with or without it, he is already football god.
Don't get it twisted! I think Messi is better than Ronaldo by miles at the moment but to be the greatest he has to win the World Cup! Simples! Only Barca fans would argue in the opposite
100 WPOTY would not make him the GOAT without a World Cup! Its like Michael Jordan winning 10 MVP's and not winning the Championship yeah Messi would be remembered as a great! No different from Cruyff,Van Basten and even those ones came closer to winning International titles
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2013
A-40:

Messi is the hottest property now no doubt but to cement his legacy as the G.O.A.T he has to win the WC. Its just the way it is! Its a ritual its a rite of passage into immortality Pele,Beckenbauer,Maradona,Zidane,Ronaldo have all won the WC that's why they would be talked about 50 years from now! Trust me if Messi doesn't win the WC he would probably be remembered only by Barca fan
He is fortunate to be from a football superpower so really he has no excuse
m8y I dis8gree with you sir.th8ts your person8l oppinion I think. He h8snt won 8 world cup but 8nytime the deb8te 8bout the gre8test ever comes up, messi is mentioned 8long with pele 8nd m8r8don8. Its not me, check ur internet, check ur tv. Zid8ne in his prime w8s not c8lled the gre8test of 8ll time, ron8ldo in his prime w8s not c8lled the gre8test of 8ll time despite their world cups. But see messi so m8ny people h8ve suggested him 8s the best ever, he is consistently mentioned in the s8me sentence 8s pele 8nd m8r8don8. So I 8sk 8g8in, wh8t would he now be c8lled when he wins the world cup?
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
A-40:

Don't get it twisted! I think Messi is better than Ronaldo by miles at the moment but to be the greatest he has to win the World Cup! Simples! Only Barca fans would argue in the opposite
100 WPOTY would not make him the GOAT without a World Cup! Its like Michael Jordan winning 10 MVP's and not winning the Championship yeah Messi would be remembered as a great! No different from Cruyff,Van Basten and even those ones came closer to winning International titles
but w8it 8 minute: wh8t constitution tells us you h8ve to win 8 world cup before being the gre8test ever? Who s8id th8t? Where is it written? In the bible? In 8 fif8 m8nu8l somewhere in zurich? My common sense tells me th8t the gr8etest pl8yer of 8ll time h8s to show us his 8bility with the b8ll 8nd not wh8t 10 other pl8yers help you to win.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
A-40:

th8t mike jord8n 8nology simply doesn't 8dd up.messi h8s won sever8l ch8mpions le8gue,l8 lig8,olympic gold, junior world cup,club world cup, super cups, etc. So wh8ts with the mich8el jord8n stuff?or m8ybe you need to s8y mike jord8n must win the b8sket b8ll world cup.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 10:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
ddippset: m8y I dis8gree with you sir.th8ts your person8l oppinion I think. He h8snt won 8 world cup but 8nytime the deb8te 8bout the gre8test ever comes up, messi is mentioned 8long with pele 8nd m8r8don8. Its not me, check ur internet, check ur tv. Zid8ne in his prime w8s not c8lled the gre8test of 8ll time, ron8ldo in his prime w8s not c8lled the gre8test of 8ll time despite their world cups. But see messi so m8ny people h8ve suggested him 8s the best ever, he is consistently mentioned in the s8me sentence 8s pele 8nd m8r8don8. So I 8sk 8g8in, wh8t would he now be c8lled when he wins the world cup?
You don't have to agree with me that's why it is a forum!!
Who told you Ronaldo De Lima was not called the greatest of all time in his prime?? Please we are talking about O Fenomeno here not Cristiano
Go and tell the average Argentine that Messi is as good as Maradona and he would ask you what he has done outside Barca??
The greatest player of all time goes to the World's biggest tournament and doesn't score a single goal!! Are you for real??
Copa America hosted in his country with the Mighty Messi in his prime and not a single goal!
Stop it homie! Without a major international title Messi would go down as the Greatest Barca player ever but there's no way in hell he is going down as the GOAT
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 10:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
A-40:

You don't have to agree with me that's why it is a forum!!
Who told you Ronaldo De Lima was not called the greatest of all time in his prime?? Please we are talking about O Fenomeno here not Cristiano
Go and tell the average Argentine that Messi is as good as Maradona and he would ask you what he has done outside Barca??
The greatest player of all time goes to the World's biggest tournament and doesn't score a single goal!! Are you for real??
Copa America hosted in his country with the Mighty Messi in his prime and not a single goal!
Stop it homie! Without a major international title Messi would go down as the Greatest Barca player ever but there's no way in hell he is going down as the GOAT
ron8ldo de lim8 w8s not c8lled the gre8test of 8ll time. In this gener8tion only messi h8s been touted by so m8ny 8s the best ever.we re not progr8mmed robots. We don't keep our eyes inside the go8l post do we?in the world cup higu8in scored 4 but w8snt h8lf 8s good 8s messi. In the cop8 messi g8ve 8 good show 8g8inst urugu8y only for tevez to throw 8w8y his p.k. I wouldn't tell the 8rgentines 8bout messi, I'd tell the world. The whole world is his jurisdiction. Messi isn't the gre8test if you s8y so. But let the world keep on comp8ring him to pele 8nd m8r8don8. Th8ts more thxn 8n 8chievement for 8 25 ye8r old. For me 8nd so m8ny he is not from e8rth.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2013
ddippset: ron8ldo de lim8 w8s not c8lled the gre8test of 8ll time. In this gener8tion only messi h8s been touted by so m8ny 8s the best ever.we re not progr8mmed robots. We don't keep our eyes inside the go8l post do we?in the world cup higu8in scored 4 but w8snt h8lf 8s good 8s messi. In the cop8 messi g8ve 8 good show 8g8inst urugu8y only for tevez to throw 8w8y his p.k. I wouldn't tell the 8rgentines 8bout messi, I'd tell the world. The whole world is his jurisdiction. Messi isn't the gre8test if you s8y so. But let the world keep on comp8ring him to pele 8nd m8r8don8. Th8ts more thxn 8n 8chievement for 8 25 ye8r old. For me 8nd so m8ny he is not from e8rth.
At his peak! Ronaldo was rated that highly! Please don't let your love for Messi impair your judgement! 2 times WPOTY before turning 22. Won the Golden Ball at the WC before 22! If not for tearing his Cruciate ligaments twice who is Messi to compare himself to Ronaldo De Lima?
No disrespect to Messi winning a WC catapults him to that elders table in an instant! But till then please Messi is only the greatest Barca player ever! I want to see Messi lead Argentina to a major tournament Final.
Football is a team sport! You can't divorce team achievements from individual achievements
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 03, 2013
@A-40
If you sincerely wants to see Messi win a major trophy with his country, you 'll see him indeed. Do not you worry.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by goddyjay(m): 10:35am On Jan 03, 2013
Johnpaul88: @A-40
If you sincerely wants to see Messi win a major trophy with his country, you 'll see him indeed. Do not you worry.

In your dreams with a team with no defense line pls face the fact messi winning a major trophy like the World Cup is a dream undecided
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 11:16am On Jan 03, 2013
Johnpaul88: @A-40
That's all he needs to join that pantheon of immortality! To be World Champion
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2013
goddyjay:

In your dreams with a team with no defense line pls face the fact messi winning a major trophy like the World Cup is a dream undecided
you just shot yourself in the foot. 8 te8m with no defence line you s8id. So give him 8 good defence line 8nd the lil genius will deliver the world cup.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2013
ddippset: you just shot yourself in the foot. 8 te8m with no defence line you s8id. So give him 8 good defence line 8nd the lil genius will deliver the world cup.
so becos he h8s got no defence line he c8nt be the best ever? Or you w8nt him to score, pl8y m8ke nd defend 8t the s8me?
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2013
A-40:

th8ts 8ccording to you 8-40. But for ddippset, rooney, etoo, f8breg8s, pep, souness, grondon8, 8rdiles, etc etc etc he is 8lre8dy the best best best ever. For wenger he isn't just the best ever he is from pl8y st8tion.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2013
A-40:

th8ts 8ccording to you 8-40. But for ddippset, rooney, etoo, f8breg8s, pep, souness, grondon8, 8rdiles, etc etc etc he is 8lre8dy the best best best ever. For wenger he isn't just the best ever he is from pl8y st8tion.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2013
ddippset: th8ts 8ccording to you 8-40. But for ddippset, rooney, etoo, f8breg8s, pep, souness, grondon8, 8rdiles, etc etc etc he is 8lre8dy the best best best ever. For wenger he isn't just the best ever he is from pl8y st8tion.
even k8noute h8d to swe8r messi isn't hum8n.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
ddippset: you just shot yourself in the foot. 8 te8m with no defence line you s8id. So give him 8 good defence line 8nd the lil genius will deliver the world cup.
What do you mean by no defence line?? See excuse oh! Must he have Maldini,Gentile and Beckenbauer before he can win a World Cup? Before he can score just one goal!
When Argentina qualified from their group and trashed Mexico in the 2nd round no one talked about them not having a defence line! What does Argentina's lack of defense have to do with Messi in his prime not scoring a single goal in two major tournaments he played in!

ddippset: th8ts 8ccording to you 8-40. But for ddippset, rooney, etoo, f8breg8s, pep, souness, grondon8, 8rdiles, etc etc etc he is 8lre8dy the best best best ever. For wenger he isn't just the best ever he is from pl8y st8tion.
Those are just mere compliments. What are they supposed to say? "Ehn Messi is just there" that would make em look like haters. You can never be the greatest ever in a team sport without winning its biggest tournament.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2013
goddyjay:

I 'm so sure that you 'll eat this word when the time comes. His and Argentina chances are real. You gotta see it!
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2013
A-40:

What do you mean by no defence line?? See excuse oh! Must he have Maldini,Gentile and Beckenbauer before he can win a World Cup? Before he can score just one goal!
When Argentina qualified from their group and trashed Mexico in the 2nd round no one talked about them not having a defence line! What does Argentina's lack of defense have to do with Messi in his prime not scoring a single goal in two major tournaments he played in!

Those are just mere compliments. What are they supposed to say? "Ehn Messi is just there" that would make em look like haters. You can never be the greatest ever in a team sport without winning its biggest tournament.
i didnt say sh1t about a defence line. ur man goddyjay did. like i said before its quite sad that a so called football fan would say that someone did not score a goal and so he didnt play well. would you say higuain played better than messi in the world cup? higuain must have scored a million goals but he wasnt half as good as messi. did you just say mere compliments. someone is being called the best ever and you say mere compliments!!! damn damn. in ABC, you just a hater. A-40 says messi must win the world cup b4 he becomes the best ever. sorry boss messi is in the league of pele, maradona, zidane, and cryuff. not cristiano and co.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
FYI, iam not saying that messi is the best ever. i think that messsi is the GOAT, 30% of football fans think that messi is the GOAT, 60% of fans think that messi is top 3 GOAT, 90% think that messi is top 5 GOAT, 100% of football fans think that messi is top 10 GOAT. it's still OK that all the messi haters belong in the last category nevertheless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Europa League Final: Atletico Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao (3 - 0) 9th May 2012 / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Ajax (4 - 1) On 4th December 2012 / AZ Alkmaar Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Tuesday 20th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.