Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? (4707 Views)

I'll Laugh If Messi Wins The Ballon D'or - Pique / Messi Breaks Muller's Record Of 85 Goals In A Calendar Year / League Analysis: The EPL Vs The Bundesliga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
And what the hell is GOAT?
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
ddippset: i didnt say sh1t about a defence line. ur man goddyjay did. like i said before its quite sad that a so called football fan would say that someone did not score a goal and so he didnt play well. would you say higuain played better than messi in the world cup? higuain must have scored a million goals but he wasnt half as good as messi. did you just say mere compliments. someone is being called the best ever and you say mere compliments!!! damn damn. in ABC, you just a hater. A-40 says messi must win the world cup b4 he becomes the best ever. sorry boss messi is in the league of pele, maradona, zidane, and cryuff. not cristiano and co.
Abeg Messi was a flop at the World Cup and Copa America!! Wasn't he booed at the Copa America? How can the bestest player in the World not score a single goal despite playing all the matches?? Was he injured! What is the excuse?? No one is comparing him to Higuain. I'm only stating why he can't be referred to as greater than Ronaldo De Lima,Zidane,Pele,Maradona
Messi's greatness starts and ends at Barcelona! Let's even agree he is a one club man! I for one don't belong to the school of thought that insists he has to leave Barca to perform at another club! However I do expect him to replicate that form for the Argies.
Only Barca fans would call him the GOAT. Greatest Of All Time My A$$!! When he conquers the World with Argentina that's when he would fully deserve that title. You can call me a hater if you want but it really doesn't matter to me cos I know I'm not one. Presently he is waay ahead of Ronaldo you would never catch me arguing to the contrary. What I take offence to is labelling him greater than Pele and Ronaldo when he is yet to win the biggest tournament of them all
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by ddippset(m): 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
A-40:

Abeg Messi was a flop at the World Cup and Copa America!! Wasn't he booed at the Copa America? How can the bestest player in the World not score a single goal despite playing all the matches?? Was he injured! What is the excuse?? No one is comparing him to Higuain. I'm only stating why he can't be referred to as greater than Ronaldo De Lima,Zidane,Pele,Maradona
Messi's greatness starts and ends at Barcelona! Let's even agree he is a one club man! I for one don't belong to the school of thought that insists he has to leave Barca to perform at another club! However I do expect him to replicate that form for the Argies.
Only Barca fans would call him the GOAT. Greatest Of All Time My A$$!! When he conquers the World with Argentina that's when he would fully deserve that title. You can call me a hater if you want but it really doesn't matter to me cos I know I'm not one. Presently he is waay ahead of Ronaldo you would never catch me arguing to the contrary. What I take offence to is labelling him greater than Pele and Ronaldo when he is yet to win the biggest tournament of them all
you have consistently ducked my question which is this; messi hasnt won a major trophy for argentina and yet some say he is greater than maradona and pele or their equal. so what will happen by the time he wins one? it's even advantage messi because despite having not won the world cup a lot of football luminaries have rated him above his world cup winning rivals. well for me he is already the GOAT, and for you he's definitely NOT. some football fans think he is, others think he is not. even pele, some think he is GOAT, others think he is not. likewise maradona, some think he is GOAT, others think he is not. our debate is senseless. even if you take some zidane, take some pele, take some maradona, take some cryuff, take some de lima and mix them all up in a cup, there will be some fans that would tell you he is not GOAT. i would be an 1diot to think that the whole world would agree with us who take messi as our GOAT. a lot will differ and you're one. footballers who get compared to legends like maradona and pele do not come a dime a dozen. for me just the mention of messi in a sentence having words like maradona and pele is good for me. iam done and iam outtie.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by coogar: 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
Johnpaul88: And what the hell is GOAT?

greatest of all time....

on that list, i would have:
garrincha
maradona
ronaldo de lima

messi cannot come close to these lots. ronaldo de lima is the bestest striker that has ever done it. in his prime, he's the most fearsome striker ever. pace, power, acceleration, dribbling, class, panache, verve. injury blighted his career a bit but he still came back 20lbs heavier to win the golden boot in a world cup!
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Afam4eva(m): 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
coogar:

greatest of all time....

on that list, i would have:
garrincha
maradona
ronaldo de lima

messi cannot come close to these lots. ronaldo de lima is the bestest striker that has ever done it. in his prime, he's the most fearsome striker ever. pace, power, acceleration, dribbling, class, panache, verve. injury blighted his career a bit but he still came back 20lbs heavier to win the golden boot in a world cup!
Dude, why you dey lie to yourself?
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by coogar: 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
afam4eva:
Dude, why you dey lie to yourself?

the facts speak for itself - messi would wish to have fat ronaldo's achievements.
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by A40(m): 12:21am On Jan 04, 2013
ddippset: you have consistently ducked my question which is this; messi hasnt won a major trophy for argentina and yet some say he is greater than maradona and pele or their equal. so what will happen by the time he wins one? it's even advantage messi because despite having not won the world cup a lot of football luminaries have rated him above his world cup winning rivals. well for me he is already the GOAT, and for you he's definitely NOT. some football fans think he is, others think he is not. even pele, some think he is GOAT, others think he is not. likewise maradona, some think he is GOAT, others think he is not. our debate is senseless. even if you take some zidane, take some pele, take some maradona, take some cryuff, take some de lima and mix them all up in a cup, there will be some fans that would tell you he is not GOAT. i would be an 1diot to think that the whole world would agree with us who take messi as our GOAT. a lot will differ and you're one. footballers who get compared to legends like maradona and pele do not come a dime a dozen. for me just the mention of messi in a sentence having words like maradona and pele is good for me. iam done and iam outtie.
Messi would get those accolades cos he is the rave of the moment!! De Lima in his pomp got those accolades too! Like I told you before he had won 2 WPOTY by 21. He was the best player at a World Cup before 22. He was also being compared to Maradona and Pele. They called him The Phenomenon but had he not won the WC in 2002 the dynasty would not have been complete
Only Barca fans would rank Messi as the G.O.A.T. He aint no G.O.A.T!! Not without a world title
Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 04, 2013
Now i know the meaning of GOAT.

But the problem with that is that it continues to divide opinion. No one has ever been unanimously labelled as one not minding if he has won the world cup or not. People will continue to have a divergent view of who deserves to be so named.

But like dippiset rightly said , to mention Messi's name in that category is enough to cement his reputation as a legend and that is simply good enough for us Barca and Messi fans.

That's that about all.

1 Like

Re: Imagine If Messi Plays In The Epl....could He Score 91 Goals In One Year? by goddyjay(m): 10:33am On Jan 04, 2013
Johnpaul88: Now i know the meaning of GOAT.

But the problem with that is that it continues to divide opinion. No one has ever been unanimously labelled as one not minding if he has won the world cup or not. People will continue to have a divergent view of who deserves to be so named.

But like dippiset rightly said , to mention Messi's name in that category is enough to cement his reputation as a legend and that is simply good enough for us Barca and Messi fans.

That's that about all.

messi is good no doubt but there are standards set for him to beat not only barca bt the world........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Europa League Final: Atletico Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao (3 - 0) 9th May 2012 / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Ajax (4 - 1) On 4th December 2012 / AZ Alkmaar Vs Arsenal [1 - 1] On Tuesday 20th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.