Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660251 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by MrSuama(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2022
Jackyz:
Some one should suggest a programming App for Android for me
I want to start learning using my phone

Try sololearn, it might help.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Temmylee01(m): 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
[quote][/quote]
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by surajboss(m): 12:30am On Sep 05, 2022
Programming dialects are the apparatuses we use to compose guidelines for PCs to observe. PCs think in double, and programming dialects assist us with making an interpretation of 1s and 0s into code that people can comprehend. Software engineers are the diplomats between the universes of people and PCs, and programming dialects are the instruments they use to guide PCs.

read the full article here to know which language is good for you brother - https://codingreviews.com/which-programming-language-should-you-learn-first/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Genesils(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2022
Lmao grin grin
Which language is that?
Temmylee01:
Unah sure say I fit self tutor myself by watching videos on YouTube like this cry cry cry cry my head wan explode ooooohhhh embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Temmylee01(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2022
Genesils:
Lmao grin grin
Which language is that?
python bro
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Genesils(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2022
Temmylee01:
python bro
Ohh.. And it’s a bit beginner friendly o
Try get a mentor or sth. Use #techtwitter if you can’t find someone to clarify things for you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by sekzy99(m): 6:14am On Sep 13, 2022
Vacancy: Coding Instructor

Roles & responsibilities
• Teach coding in a fun & engaging way to primary and secondary school students.
• Inspire students to learn coding at a young age
• Assess students’ progress, evaluate assignments, and give constructive feedback.
• Teach one-to-one and one-to-many classes.
• Conduct regular feedback sessions with schools

To be successful in this role, you must have -
• Passion for teaching young school students. Prior experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• A laptop with camera & microphone and a good internet connection
• A Computer Science degree or coding background is needed
• Applicants must be able to teach two or more of these: Scratch Programming, Mobile App Development, Web Design (HTML, CSS & Javascript), Python Programming, and Robotics

Benefits
• Flexibility to mention grades you want to teach based on your comfort level
• Guide young learners on their journey to becoming programmers, builders, and innovators
• Deepen your programming capabilities and hone your teaching skills through hands-on experience
• Get recognition & experience certificates for teaching coding
• Round-the-clock support by the MacroTutor team if you face any issues.
• Membership in the largest AI community in Africa
• Teacher development programs.
• Certification and Recommendation.

Moreover, you get to work with a young & smart team who are on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding.

Click this link to apply https://forms.gle/5MqrNfUymFpeSAaj6
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by DeeFlask(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2022
MrSuama:

Try sololearn, it might help.
what of iOS
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HassieMalcomson(f): 9:41am On Sep 15, 2022
You should start with JavaScript, PHP and Python. They are beginner-friendly and you can also get work in the programming world for these languages.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LUAN1: 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Yinksdavid:

Good evening, I would have gladly loved to assist but unfortunately i don't have a spare.
I will like to know more about Cyber security
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Utonwanne(m): 9:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Temmylee01:
python bro

Maybe you are trying to absorb all at once.

Take your time, learn and practice.

Also, try www dot realpython dot com. Key keep things easy.

Bear in mind, you can't learn it all at once!

Learn the basics, understand the fundamentals and then find a library depending on what you wanna do with Python.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Layographics(m): 3:26am On Sep 18, 2022
Just want to introduce you to a YouTube channel where can learn how to use Photoshop for graphics designs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPj5ZCmYbUA

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by alexmicheal500: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
You can start with python. To learn more visit www.bincom.net to start your path in been a software developer.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Layographics(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
Just want to introduce you to a YouTube channel where can learn how to use Photoshop for graphics designs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiWCX8QUX80
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PropaneBlog: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2022
Please I want to enter into the data analysis world, where can i get someone or a site to learn sql
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LUAN1: 10:32pm On Sep 20, 2022
Couzy21:

Make it 8gb and you are okay
please can I installed visual studio code in corei3, 8gb, 4th gen?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Edipet(m): 2:01am On Sep 21, 2022
avalon7:

Go for a laptop with an intel i series (i3, i5, i7) processor 8th gen or better and a an expandable ram of 4gb or better. You can get better value for money if you get a used laptop but you need to shine your eye make them no cheat you
please one of the sellers just called me to come pick corei3 with keyboard light,.. please would it be okay for web development,.. will it accept visual studio code app.??
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Edipet:
please one of the sellers just called me to come pick corei3 with keyboard light,.. please would it be okay for web development,.. will it accept visual studio code app.??

I don't see keyboard light as a selling point but an i3 should be able to handle vs code. Hope it's not all this upgraded ancient laptops?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Couzy21(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
LUAN1:
please can I installed visual studio code in corei3, 8gb, 4th gen?
Yes it's good enough, may lag sometimes but it's okay for start
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nwachukwu97(m): 3:49am On Sep 22, 2022
For those interested in learning programming, especially those based in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, you have a once in a lifetime opportunity. Loctech IT Training Institute is having their scholarship program and you can be part of it. Here's the link to register for the scholarship.
Courses being offered include Python Programming, Full-Stack Web Development, Data Science, UI/UX... and lots more.
https://forms.gle/Kuq2tnhq3baYeFVa8
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Edipet(m): 6:26pm On Sep 22, 2022
avalon7:

I don't see keyboard light as a selling point but an i3 should be able to handle vs code. Hope it's not all this upgraded ancient laptops?
this is the picture he sent to me, tho he has promised to upgrade the system to 8gb ram

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Edipet(m): 11:09pm On Sep 22, 2022
avalon7:

please how do I know Upgraded system,
I have 3 options for laptops...
one man that is shop look dirty with mixture of scrap laptop offer me this laptop.

1) i3, 5th gen _ lenovo, thinkpad e450 but has a weak battery.., 5% was out in 5min while .100k. no keyboard light...ram 4gb..
2) i5, 6th gen...dell latitude e5470, weak battery.might not last 2hr, while I was checking the system, 5% was out in 5min. 130k, with keyboard light...ram 8gb

Another man that has a clean shop, but very expensive laptop offer me this
i3, 6th gen, hp probook, battery upto 3hrs. With keyboard light...130k..ram 4gb
Which one would you choose please
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2022
Edipet:
one man that is shop look dirty with mixture of scrap laptop offer me this laptop.

1) i3, 5th gen _ lenovo, thinkpad e450 but has a weak battery.., 5% was out in 5min while .100k. no keyboard light...ram 4gb..
2) i5, 6th gen...dell latitude e5470, weak battery.might not last 2hr, while I was checking the system, 5% was out in 5min. 130k, with keyboard light...ram 8gb

I don't know bro but battery is very important. I think from the body of the laptop you can tell if it's a very old model or not. Older laptops usually have a box like shape and are quite heavy. The hp with 3rhs battery life might be the best of the 3 options you have atm.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2022
Edipet:
this is the picture he sent to me, tho he has promised to upgrade the system to 8gb ram

This one is okay. Just check and make sure that it has no faults. Open a text editor and type every key, check the audio, ports and internet. Good luck
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by yusman14(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2022
Edipet:

The last one is ok.. but get it with a 8 gig RAM.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by abhayit2000(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2022
This is a very common language what programming language is best to learn. According to me, JavaScript and Python are the two most popular language in the startup industry. They are high in demand. The majority of startups use Python-based backend frameworks like NodeJS, Django, and some more. Below listed are the best programming languages to learn:

Python

Python is one of the ideal programming languages today and is best for beginners to learn because of its readability. It is a open-source programming languages with an array of modules and community development, user-friendly data structures as well as GUI based desktop applications.

Java

Java is the most popular programming language nowadays. This programming languages with its object-oriented structure has become great for applications that can used despite of platform due to its run write once, run anywhere abilities.

Javascript

It is a top-notch programming language that is major technology of the world wide web. It is used as a client-side programming language for multiple websites.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Optimistven(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
Wow, this is very helpful. Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by businessgirl(f): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
Intetesting
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Azzrael: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2022
Please I need to know the languages that I'd need to know as a newbie to coding, I'm studying to be a software developer.
I've been learning HTML and Js from freecodecamp and I got some courses on Udemy, but I was told that's mainly for web development.

So far, I've seen so many languages,and I'm sure you guys understand how overwhelming it can look for a newbie,I know it's best not to spread myself too thin trying to learn everything and eventually not knowing any.
So, please,what are the languages I need to learn to work as a software developer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.