Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659886 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
Yes, that is fine.
Fadafada231:

Good morning, please is this laptop ok for both web development and Android development.

Dell laptop
Core I7
1 TB HDD
12GB RAM
Keyboard Light
2GB Dedicated Graphics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
Fadafada231:

Good morning, please is this laptop ok for both web development and Android development.

Dell laptop
Core I7
1 TB HDD
12GB RAM
Keyboard Light
2GB Dedicated Graphics

I always advice people to get an SSD but this laptop is definitely ok for Android and web development. Some process will take longer time to load but you can get by with this. What generation is the i7 processor?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Couzy21(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
LUAN1:
please can I installed visual studio code in corei3, 8gb, 4th gen?
Yes you can
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by roselynbas(f): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2022
Bossman:
Yes, that is fine.

Yes, it is okay.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by roselynbas(f): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2022
Edipet:
Please I can't edit anything on freecodecamp, who else encounter this, and how did you solve it please, I have try in opera and chrome, no way

Please, use a laptop. Some of these files are too heavy for a phone, even freecodecamp advises you to use a laptop to learn.

Checked on the website and this particular interface responding fast. This is the new responsive design module. HTML5 precisely building the cat photo app.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by roselynbas(f): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2022
yusman14:
8th gen for web development?
My PC is just 5th gen, core i3, 8 gig RAM and it is working well for web development...it is not a must to have 8th gen PC ...I have used intel core duo 2, 2gig RAM before self for web.

My dear when I saw the response me self tire! You can learn web dev with core 2 duo self. These are textual elements with few visuals especially at the backend level.

Please, start with 1st gen self if you have. Provided you have at least 4GB and 80GB storage self. Win 10 and visual code can be installed on it with live server plug in to see what you are coding live.

Freecodecamp and W3schools will help you. Relax and start with the basic front end of HTML5 and CSS, then you can move to python or javascript but python is preferable if you ask me.

From there you can learn SQL if you are interested in data science. My dear as you start, begin to look for projects you can work on for free. Have the mindset of solving problems, think up problems you can resolve with each language you acquire.

Mind, if you do not put them to use, you'd forget them easily.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by chinyerejohn: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2022
nice one
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by yusman14(m): 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
roselynbas:

My dear when I saw the response me self tire! You can learn web dev with core 2 duo self. These are textual elements with few visuals especially at the backend level.

Please, start with 1st gen self if you have. Provided you have at least 4GB and 80GB storage self. Win 10 and visual code can be installed on it with live server plug in to see what you are coding live.

Freecodecamp and W3schools will help you. Relax and start with the basic front end of HTML5 and CSS, then you can move to python or javascript but python is preferable if you ask me.

From there you can learn SQL if you are interested in data science. My dear as you start, begin to look for projects you can work on for free. Have the mindset of solving problems, think up problems you can resolve with each language you acquire.

My 2 cents.
Well said!

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by yusman14(m): 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2022
roselynbas:

My 2 cents.

Well said
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by DrToluene(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2022
roselynbas:

My 2 cents.

Hi, if I want to specialize in web development then the only language I need to learn are HTML5, CSS, python and SQL right? If so what order do you suggest I learn them?

Note; I am not the guy you quoted!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by gertix: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2022
Today, each field of activity uses its own approaches to writing software. Therefore, first choose the direction in which you want to work, and then study its technologies! I'm interested in banking software development - now I'm studying what kind of software they create there!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HolyMan12: 2:50am On Nov 02, 2022
Javanian:
Please you are free to pick a language and write about it, don't let me do all the work alone...
C sharp is a shitty framework dependent language.

angry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Profgordons(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2022
HolyMan12:

C sharp is a shitty framework dependent language.

angry

As shitty as it may be, most people and businesses are heavily reliant on windows apps so C Sharp will remain relevant for a very long time

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by roselynbas(f): 1:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
DrToluene:

Hi, if I want to specialize in web development then the only language I need to learn are HTML5, CSS, python and SQL right? If so what order do you suggest I learn them?

Note; I am not the guy you quoted!

HTML, CSS, java script. This is front end.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by iamdeerah: 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2022
avalon7:

I always advice people to get an SSD but this laptop is definitely ok for Android and web development. Some process will take longer time to load but you can get by with this. What generation is the i7 processor?

Exactly SSD is super fast.
I just came out from HDD hell to SDD, so I strongly recommend SSD if you can purchase it.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Streetgent: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
Greetings dear friends. great news!!! Enroll on Ustacky now to boost your IT skills with our Microdegree courses and get a 75% discount off your registration payments. Use the link https://ustacky.com/uref/u76JsggZRO to register and explore a new world of breathtaking experience.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ehimzy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie with no knowledge or experience in programming, I initially wanted to learn cloud computing and make a career out of it but someone adviced against it since I'm looking to make money, I was told to learn web dev instead( front and back end).What languages should I start with for this purpose?
And if anyone thinks I should still learn cloud what will be the best pathway? What language and cloud service? Please help a noob looking to transition from medical field to tech.. Sapa dey �
PC specs
i5 11400h
Rtx 3050
8gb Ram & 256gb SSD( Is this okay)?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mazzatov: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hello dem boss here, please I’m a newbie too
I’ll love to learn web development(front and back) please which area should I start with
As I do not know anything about programming yet at all

I have a HP elitebook
Folio 9470M
Corei7

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Immunity1555: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2022
Mazzatov:
I’ll love to learn web development(front and back) please which area should I start with

I have a HP elitebook
Folio 9470M
Corei7

ARE you interested in becoming a Frontend Developer? if yes, this post is for you i have few tips for you to help kick start your career:
-Learn code
-Learn algorithms
-Choose a framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc., )
-Keep coding.
You can share with your friends, also comment and like me.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Immunity1555: 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2022
Ehimzy:
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie with no knowledge or experience in programming, I initially wanted to learn cloud computing and make a career out of it but someone adviced against it since I'm looking to make money, I was told to learn web dev instead( front and back end).What languages should I start with for this purpose?
And if anyone thinks I should still learn cloud what will be the best pathway? What language and cloud service? Please help a noob looking to transition from medical field to tech.. Sapa dey �
PC specs
i5 11400h
Rtx 3050

ARE you interested in becoming a Frontend Developer? if yes, this post is for you i have few tips for you to help kick start your career:
-Learn code
-Learn algorithms
-Keep coding.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ehimzy(m): 4:30am On Nov 15, 2022
Immunity1555:

-Learn code
-Learn algorithms
-Keep coding.

Thank you.. I'm interested in both front and back end development
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by chymdyx(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2022
Ehimzy:
PC specs
i5 11400h
Rtx 3050

You can reach out to me. I started front end development and ui/ux training course some weeks back after extensive research. I'm getting quite good at it.
First..learn HTML. Thats the basic. Then you move on to CSS. Then JavaScript. Then jquery and Co.
I'm really passionate about this so..reach out to me..I'll be pleased to help u out

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by chymdyx(m): 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
Mazzatov:

I have a HP elitebook
Folio 9470M
Corei7

Reach out to me. I'll be glad to help. Started my front end Dev. Journey some weeks back. Not a pro yet, but I'm making nice progress. Start with HTML5, then CSS, JavaScript, and jquery. Get a course. It'll help a lot
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mazzatov: 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2022
chymdyx:

Reach out to me. I'll be glad to help. Started my front end Dev. Journey some weeks back. Not a pro yet, but I'm making nice progress. Start with HTML5, then CSS, JavaScript, and jquery. Get a course. It'll help a lot

Ok
Thank you
I’ve sent you an email msg

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 20, 2022
Glo 1K for 6gb

Hit me up if Interested
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 22, 2022
Hello,I’m Sophie. A creative bead artist and I’m seriously seeking for an investor I can partner with concerning my business, message via WhatsApp if you are interested 07015371845
I’m very sorry if this goes against the topic being discussed here
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ehimzy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2022
chymdyx:

You can reach out to me. I started front end development and ui/ux training course some weeks back after extensive research. I'm getting quite good at it.
First..learn HTML. Thats the basic. Then you move on to CSS. Then JavaScript. Then jquery and Co.
I'm really passionate about this so..reach out to me..I'll be pleased to help u out

Thank you boss... WhatsApp number? How far in CSS and JS should I go before moving on to jQuery

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by RiliwanYusuf: 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2022
If you're interested in learning frontend I can take you. No fee so I can only commit to 2 people and you will have to be serious.

Call or send me a message here: 07066741302
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hafsat24(f): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2022
Hi all! Is there anyone with DevOps experience that can mentor me? I would be really grateful to get one.

Also looking for remote internship positions. If anyone knows job websites I can apply to I'd greatly appreciate �
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by tunnex190: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2022
I am just starting programming. And I am starting on python, I hope I am on the right path?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
Yes, Python is a pretty good language. You can't go wrong starting with Python.
tunnex190:
I am just starting programming. And I am starting on python, I hope I am on the right path?

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.