Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660387 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by division2020(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
slysite4real:
Hey!
I'm offering to teach Java for free to motivated beginners. Please send me a message if this interests you.

I'm currently enrolled in a java bootcamp. I'm not an expert yet, but I have learnt enough to teach an absolute beginner. I believe that teaching you will also help me get better at Java.

Interested
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2023
I want to apply for loan/investment to uplift my business, kindly message on WhatsApp for better discussion if you are interested as an investor 07015371845 (please don’t doubt my authenticity, I really need the loan)
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Treassured: 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
slysite4real:
Hey!
I'm offering to teach Java for free to motivated beginners. Please send me a message if this interests you.

I'm currently enrolled in a java bootcamp. I'm not an expert yet, but I have learnt enough to teach an absolute beginner. I believe that teaching you will also help me get better at Java.

I'm Interested.

I sent you a Mail. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bigajeff(m): 10:46am On Jan 19, 2023
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

Learn code for free on freecoded.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by alaizeberth(f): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
First you have to know what you want to achieve with the skill.

But Python or JavaScript can help you start to understand basic concepts.
You may get discouraged if you start with the likes C, Java or C++ etc

Your choice though... Good luck �
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HassieMalcomson(f): 1:11pm On Jan 28, 2023
Better to start with PHP, HTML, Python or Java.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 4laferarri(m): 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
Good evenings all.

Please I'm interested in learning programming, I have checked this thread for one to start with, I decided to start with Python, I got some videos on you tube video, I also pay for a material on Udemy and I have been enjoying it so far until recently I became confused.

Please, is there anyone around Epe, Lagos state that can help me?

I will be very happy if I can get assistant from any programmer around Epe to Awoyaya.

Thank you 0.8.0.8.6.8.9.9.6.7.9
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by hakym619(m): 7:30am On Feb 01, 2023
4laferarri:
Good evenings all.

Please I'm interested in learning programming, I have checked this thread for one to start with, I decided to start with Python, I got some videos on you tube video, I also pay for a material on Udemy and I have been enjoying it so far until recently I became confused.

I will be very happy if I can get assistant from any programmer around Epe to Awoyaya.

Where did you got stucked?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by slajobs987: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2023
Software testing training in Chennai

If you want to become a testing pro, you should enroll in the best software testing training in Chennai. Learn how to put your knowledge of manual and automated software testing to use in this tutorial. Our skilled educators mix real-world applications with practical exercises to provide a comprehensive learning environment. Listen to our seasoned professionals discuss the methods and techniques used in software testing. Help finding a job is only one of the many services we provide here at the SLA Jobs, and we guarantee a successful future for our students.

https://www.slajobs.com/software-testing-training-in-chennai/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vichaz10(m): 8:09am On Feb 02, 2023
For all your programming needs

vichaz10:
USA USED
Macbook pro 2014 15"
Core i7,
16gb / 512gb ssd,
cc 117

310k 290k

Call/whatsapp - 08084585789

vichaz10:
Macbook Air 2017 13"
Core i5
8gb / 128gb ssd
Available

240k 225k

vichaz10:
USA USED
HP Zbook 15u g3
Core i7-6th gen
8gb | 1tb
2gb Amd graphics card
*235K* 220k

**SOLD**

AVAILABLE
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 7:21am On Feb 04, 2023
I will advice that you start with Python.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 7:21am On Feb 04, 2023
Dear Nairalanders,

Are you a student who struggles with data analysis that takes too long and produces unreliable results?

Are you tired of searching for a trustworthy data analyst that delivers on time with accurate insights?

Do you have a deadline to beat!

Look no further!

With our expertise in python and advanced ready-to-use algorithms in our belt, we guarantee to deliver quick data analysis and visualizations with zero errors within a week!. You can always trust us to turn your data into valuable insights.

Contact us today to learn more about our algorithm and let's work together to achieve your data analysis goals!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Oshin56(m): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2023
Good morning sirs/ma's please I want to train myself on programming and I want to start from python, please what video materials and where can I download it online. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by avalon7(m): 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2023
Oshin56:
Good morning sirs/ma's please I want to train myself on programming and I want to start from python, please what video materials and where can I download it online. Thanks in anticipation.

There are many good video tutorials on YouTube. For books I'll recommend Python Crash Course, Automate the Boring Stuff with Python and Learn python the hard way. These books are good for beginners. w3schools.com is also a good place to start.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by gbwhatsappapk12: 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
Discussing of GioWhatsApp APK, it contains several features that the official version does not have. Amazing updated versions are now being created, and they offer more functionality that the original software could never offer. One of them is Gio WhatsApp APK, which you can all download here in its most recent iteration.

https://gbwhatsapppro./giowhatsapp-apk.html
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Immunity1555: 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2023
4laferarri:
Good evenings all.

You can join a tech club with this link
https://bincom.net/bincomtechclub
Most of your difficult challenges can be solved
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bloomsbury(m): 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2023
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

I don't think it's about the language but what area in tech you want to venture into.

For those who want quick job or want to be job ready in less than 6 months, Udacity Android developer pathway is the right way for you. And interestingly, you will learn Java programming using this pathway.

But if it's language, my best bet would be JavaScript and Python.

But if your aim is to work for large enterprises and firms in Nigeria, JAVA is what you need to learn.

While learning to code, try as much as possible to learn technical writing. This is a big underrated skill and opportunity to make money in tech most people over look.

It's like doing a 2 in one degree. You become a software engineer and a Writer.

By the way, am into technical writing as well other writing (ebook, ghost writing, article writing...I write for science journals, magazines, blogs)...You can DM or email to hire me to write for you.

You can find some of my work here medium.com/@bloomsburypublishing
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adminjohn: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2023
It depends on what you want to achieve with programming and your prior experience. Here are a few options you might consider:

Python - Python is a great first language for those new to programming. It has a clear syntax and is an interpreted language, making it easy to get started and test your code quickly. It's also a popular language for many types of applications, including data analysis, scientific computing, and web development.

JavaScript - JavaScript is a popular language for web development and has a large number of libraries and frameworks, making it a good choice if you want to build interactive web applications bestallgame

Swift - Swift is a language developed by Apple and is used to write apps for iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. If you're interested in developing iOS or macOS apps, Swift is a great place to start.

Scratch - Scratch is a visual programming language designed for beginners, especially children. It uses a drag-and-drop interface and is a great way to learn the basics of programming and get started with coding.

Ultimately, the best language to start with is the one you enjoy the most and that you can stick with. Try out a few different options, and see which one you like best.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Antell95(m): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2023
I need a laptop, even if its plug n play
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cescky(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2023
PythonPros:
Dear Nairalanders,

Are you a student who struggles with data analysis that takes too long and produces unreliable results?

Are you tired of searching for a trustworthy data analyst that delivers on time with accurate insights?

Do you have a deadline to beat!

Look no further!

With our expertise in python and advanced ready-to-use algorithms in our belt, we guarantee to deliver quick data analysis and visualizations with zero errors within a week!. You can always trust us to turn your data into valuable insights.

Contact us today to learn more about our algorithm and let's work together to achieve your data analysis goals!

i need a quick script on trading view, to help me garner some data, can you do this? or any one?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2023
cescky:

i need a quick script on trading view, to help me garner some data, can you do this? or any one?

Hello,
Are you referring to Web Scraping?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cescky(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2023
PythonPros:

Hello,

no bro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ytbIm2Xg0&list=PLnSVMZC68_e48lA4aRYL1yHYZ9nEq9AiH&index=1

that link gives a clue what i need, bsically i want to know how many times certain occurenceis have happened on trading view....i believe its quite easy...but am ignorant of python so....it just neeeds codes to be inputed into trading view which will now give out the data...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cescky(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2023
PythonPros:

Hello,

ook, just googled webs scarping...i think its close
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2023
cescky:

no bro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ytbIm2Xg0&list=PLnSVMZC68_e48lA4aRYL1yHYZ9nEq9AiH&index=1

that link gives a clue what i need, bsically i want to know how many times certain occurenceis have happened on trading view....i believe its quite easy...but am ignorant of python so....it just neeeds codes to be inputed into trading view which will now give out the data...

You make it sound simple. Will give you a feedback when I am done going through the library documentation.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cescky(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2023
PythonPros:

You make it sound simple. Will give you a feedback when I am done going through the library documentation.

no p boss.

btw trading view already has like a ready python prgramme to test..so all thats needed is ti input the neccessary language i supose, hence my view....
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2023
cescky:

no p boss.

btw trading view already has like a ready python prgramme to test..so all thats needed is ti input the neccessary language i supose, hence my view....

Greetings,
Can you provide clearly what you need us to do with this library so that we can proceed?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cescky(m): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2023
PythonPros:

Greetings,
Can you provide clearly what you need us to do with this library so that we can proceed?

yes, please give me a mail i can contact you on or a no lets chat
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 9:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
cescky:

yes, please give me a mail i can contact you on or a no lets chat

Sent a mail
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cescky(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2023
PythonPros:

Sent a mail

sorry should have droped my mail prior...

cant access nairaland mails...it doesnt come

my mail

c.r.y.p.t.o.n.yacct@gmail.com

please one word without the dots.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by PythonPros: 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2023
cescky:

sorry should have droped my mail prior...

cant access nairaland mails...it doesnt come

my mail

c.r.y.p.t.o.n.yacct@gmail.com

please one word without the dots.

Not clear about the last instruction. My email is researchwithpython@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.