Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (659131 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by HelpYouTeam: 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2023
Choosing the your first programming language is very hard. You need to understand what are the differences between each coding language . And most importantly, you must think about what will help you in your future career .
That being said, these days Python is one of the most chosen programming languages to learn first because of the wide use in many applications and also because of its simplicity.
It is a great step to learn more about the complex programming languages and frameworks!

Some of the most important Python applications are Automation, big data, and data mining.
Also, Python is considered ideal for general-purpose applications.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by saintelvn: 11:40am On Feb 27, 2023
I sell virtual numbers for the following countries

UK, USA, and Canada

At a cheaper rate

Feel free to email me and get yours

Note: No scamming, this is my business ...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Alhilaali01(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2023
LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN🥳🎊🎉

RAMADAN 1444A.H/2023C.E

FEED A FASTING SOUL!🍏🍉🥝🍜🍲

2️⃣5️⃣ more days to go

Kindly donate:
Account details:👇
Account Name: Osuolale Saheed Adetomiwa
Account Number: 0664894987
Bank Name: GTBank

(Do add "Ramadan" as narration) JazaakumuLlah khairan 🙏

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by williamthomas96: 9:50am On Feb 28, 2023
If you are new to programming and wondering which language you should start with, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The best language to start with depends on your interests, goals, and what you want to achieve with programming. Here are some popular programming languages you can start with:

Python: Python is a versatile and beginner-friendly language that is used for various applications, including web development, data analysis, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. It has a simple syntax and is easy to read and understand, making it an excellent choice for beginners.

Java: Java is a popular programming language used for building standalone applications, web applications, and mobile applications. It is a highly in-demand skill in the job market and can lead to many career opportunities.

JavaScript: JavaScript is a scripting language used for creating dynamic and interactive web pages. It is an essential part of web development and is widely used in front-end development.

C++: C++ is a powerful language that is used for building software, games, and operating systems. It has a steep learning curve, but once mastered, it can lead to many career opportunities.

Swift: Swift is a programming language used for building iOS and macOS applications. It is a beginner-friendly language and an excellent choice for those interested in mobile app development.

In conclusion, the best programming language to start with depends on your interests and goals. Python and Java are excellent choices for beginners, while JavaScript and C++ are great for those interested in web development and software development. Swift is an excellent choice for those interested in iOS and macOS app development.

If you're looking to learn programming, there are several software training institutes that offer programming courses. These institutes offer courses for beginners and advanced users and cover a wide range of topics related to programming languages

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Operamartins222: 10:41am On Feb 28, 2023
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.
Read more on https://infotribez.com/category/technology

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by slajobs4100: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2023
If you are looking for a reputable Java training in chennai, you have come to the correct spot. Join us at SLA, where all of your classes will be hands-on and real. Our instructors know everything from the fundamentals of Java to the highest levels of programming. In addition to teaching students the fundamentals of coding, we also offer them practical, in-depth instruction. Following successful completion of the program, you will be able to independently create code at a professional level. As a result of SLA's top-notch Java training in Chennai, graduates are well-prepared to take on challenging roles in the industry. They were able to supplement their existing skill set with the information they gained from working with us. We feel honored to have a role in our student's futures. join SLA today.

https://www.slajobs.com/java-training-in-chennai/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ShollyMighty: 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
Get ready for an epic battle between two chatbot giants! Watch ChatGPT and Chatsonic go head-to-head in a virtual conversation showdown. Who will come out on top? Click the link to find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzjftP8DiRM
#ChatGPTvsChatsonic #AI #Chatbots #VirtualConversation #YouTubeVideo
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by linesng: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
division2020:

Interested

I am.game
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by wisdompraise(m): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2023
Javanian:
Due to the numerous "i want to start programming, which language should i start with" threads on this board i decided to create a thread that will address this issue. I am not a wonderful writer and i won't say i know it all but i will try. I urge every one on this board to correct me where i err an also contribute in whatever way you can to make this thread worth it. I will try as much as possible not to be biased in this write up.

I am not going to go into detail in defining what programming is because i will assume before entering this thread you should already know what programming is. But in summary programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and computer programming is the act of creating whatever you want with your brain and a computer. You can read more from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_programming

Programmers could also be called software programmers, software developers and other big-big names you can think of.

Feel free to ask your questions, i will try and answer the ones i can my Ogas in the house will help me with those i can't answer

Please every Programmer should try as much as possible to check on this thread once in a while to help answer some questions Newbies would like to ask.

I will like to discuss business with you. Contact me on okekeprincesolomon@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnstar(m): 8:08am On Mar 17, 2023
please where can i learn programming in idimu lagos from the scratch.. can anyone teach me and guild me on how to start
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnstar(m): 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
slysite4real:
Hey!
I'm offering to teach Java for free to motivated beginners. Please send me a message if this interests you.

I'm currently enrolled in a java bootcamp. I'm not an expert yet, but I have learnt enough to teach an absolute beginner. I believe that teaching you will also help me get better at Java.

whatsapp me 08106987417 can u teach me ?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
johnstar:
please where can i learn programming in idimu lagos from the scratch.. can anyone teach me and guild me on how to start

Download cursera on your phone and start learning, no time.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by konkonbilo(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
williamthomas96:
If you are new to programming and wondering which language you should start with, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. The best language to start with depends on your interests, goals, and what you want to achieve with programming. Here are some popular programming languages you can start with:

Python: Python is a versatile and beginner-friendly language that is used for various applications, including web development, data analysis, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. It has a simple syntax and is easy to read and understand, making it an excellent choice for beginners.

Java: Java is a popular programming language used for building standalone applications, web applications, and mobile applications. It is a highly in-demand skill in the job market and can lead to many career opportunities.

JavaScript: JavaScript is a scripting language used for creating dynamic and interactive web pages. It is an essential part of web development and is widely used in front-end development.

C++: C++ is a powerful language that is used for building software, games, and operating systems. It has a steep learning curve, but once mastered, it can lead to many career opportunities.

Swift: Swift is a programming language used for building iOS and macOS applications. It is a beginner-friendly language and an excellent choice for those interested in mobile app development.

In conclusion, the best programming language to start with depends on your interests and goals. Python and Java are excellent choices for beginners, while JavaScript and C++ are great for those interested in web development and software development. Swift is an excellent choice for those interested in iOS and macOS app development.

If you're looking to learn programming, there are several software training institutes that offer programming courses. These institutes offer courses for beginners and advanced users and cover a wide range of topics related to programming languages
Nice one bro, i'm a novice in this and would like to try something new in the IT world. i like the way you explained in details. is there a way i can reach you so i can get more info or guidelines from you in this my new journey. i'd like to talk to you maybe through whatsapp or phone call. thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by samfrancis1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
ositadima1:

whc can I begin with ad a phone user and what are the website to download courses from? I’m new to this just want to begin.. almost no computer knowledge..
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by samfrancis1(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
slysite4real:
Hey!
I'm offering to teach Java for free to motivated beginners. Please send me a message if this interests you.

I'm currently enrolled in a java bootcamp. I'm not an expert yet, but I have learnt enough to teach an absolute beginner. I believe that teaching you will also help me get better at Java.
I’ll love to be your student bro.. I mailed you
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by samfrancis1(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
ositadima1:

what’s cursera
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by samfrancis1(m): 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
roselynbas:

My dear when I saw the response me self tire! You can learn web dev with core 2 duo self. These are textual elements with few visuals especially at the backend level.

Please, start with 1st gen self if you have. Provided you have at least 4GB and 80GB storage self. Win 10 and visual code can be installed on it with live server plug in to see what you are coding live.

Freecodecamp and W3schools will help you. Relax and start with the basic front end of HTML5 and CSS, then you can move to python or javascript but python is preferable if you ask me.

From there you can learn SQL if you are interested in data science. My dear as you start, begin to look for projects you can work on for free. Have the mindset of solving problems, think up problems you can resolve with each language you acquire.

Mind, if you do not put them to use, you'd forget them easily.

My 2 cents.

I be like I’m lost., I’m being like where have I been all this while like I’m not part of this world anymore ..
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
samfrancis1:
what’s cursera

My friend, find it on play store. It is an app.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by samfrancis1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2023
Abokicryptonews:

In what ever you decide to learn, make sure you learn SOLIDITY. (Ethereum [smart contract/blockchain]) This is the future and where you will get abundant well paying remote job opportunities. You will thank me later for changing your life.
really don’t get how to send mail here bro.. I’m interested in leaning programming.. and I heard about the solidity thing just yesterday and here I’m coming across your page today.. really don’t know if I can connect with you and get helped on this. I’ll so much appreciate any form of help in learning from you bro… okisamuel1973@gmail.com 09153887840 is my contact bro..
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by samfrancis1(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
Need a help starting with forex anybody shave what I can be helped with?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by SDavidPrince: 12:03am On Mar 30, 2023
where to start from in programming :

You can start with html css, JavaScript, php and phyton. Thank me later

https://sdavidprince..com
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by techdoorcom(f): 12:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
Any body can become a programmer, software engineer or a software developer or an artificial intelligent Engineer. All you need to start is just a laptop and passion to learn. Most of the introductory courses are free at techdoor computer science solution.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Eagletbaba: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdNwZ3WZEk1ZYcFXjlHitzQEf_0kGobozAYqP6Bxkvj_MI-bA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hi, guys. I need your help in carrying out this survey about crime rate. Kindly take a minute of your time to fill out the questionnaire
Thanks 🙇
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2023
I concur. There is no reason to pay anyone to learn programming. Everything you need, tutorials, tools, etc. are all free online. You just have to have the passion and be dedicated. There is no free lunch anywhere. It will take a lot of time and effort to become good at it. Programming is in demand and pays well for a reason.

techdoorcom:
Any body can become a programmer, software engineer or a software developer or an artificial intelligent Engineer. All you need to start is just a laptop and passion to learn. Most of the introductory courses are free at techdoor computer science solution.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2023
techdoorcom:
I want to know. If I learn C, C++, JAVA and C# in that order, what does that make me in tech? I mean what will I call myself?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2023
I would not advice you to learn all 4. I would suggest you learn one of the Object Oriented Programming ones (Java, C++, C#) and master it very well.
4Humanity4All:

I want to know. If I learn C, C++, JAVA and C# in that order, what does that make me in tech? I mean what will I call myself?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2023
Bossman:
I would not advice you to learn all 4. I would suggest you learn one of the Object Oriented Programming ones (Java, C++, C#) and master it very well.
Why do you think I shouldn't learn all four? I thought they were all connected in a career path.
Secondly, of the three in bracket, which do you advise that I learn?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Bossman(m): 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2023
You can learn all 4 if you want. But it will take some time to be very proficient in all 4. Of the languages I mentioned, I will suggest Java. It is more in demand at the moment.

4Humanity4All:

Why do you think I shouldn't learn all four? I thought they were all connected in a career path.
Secondly, of the three in bracket, which do you advise that I learn?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bossman:
You can learn all 4 if you want. But it will take some time to be very proficient in all 4. Of the languages I mentioned, I will suggest Java. It is more in demand at the moment.

OK. Thanks for the advice.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by EducatedMind369: 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2023
Bossman:

What's your opinion on a person, learning how to code starting with Python?

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.