Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660560 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by nep2ra(m): 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2013
lilyafaten: Exactly, there are scripting languages like dreamweaver 8.1 that is more friendly since it incorporates php ,php.net, Asp.net, C++, etc and doesn't need much coding if u are a good interface designer, and if u don't know how to design, u code while it does d designing.

Some people nor dey just try. Na by force to yarn
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by donziko(m): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2013
manny4life: I'm glad I stumbled on this thread, I've been confused on which route to go

I wanted to go for an IT Cert course in Database and compliment it with programming, but the courses are just too much and overwhelming. I'm literally confused and haven't made up my mind, but having seen this thread, this will shed more light. Hopefully.

BTW, on my own, I started out with Visual Basic, because it complements well with Advanced Excel features, and some Access queries.
yeah Visual basic...i wanted to start with this language but the latest ebook i downloaded is the one of Visual Basic 2012 for windows 8.its so amazing its features and all,contains how to download and install the visual studio but the quambs is that i don't wanna uninstall my Win7 now,please someone help me with a link to visual basic for windows 7 ebook and software itself,thank God am a Computer fanatic.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adexsimply(m): 6:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
lilyafaten: Exactly, there are scripting languages like dreamweaver 8.1 that is more friendly since it incorporates php ,php.net, Asp.net, C++, etc and doesn't need much coding if u are a good interface designer, and if u don't know how to design, u code while it does d designing.
did u say dreamweaver 8 is a scripting language? WOAH!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ciphoenix: 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
adexsimply: did u say dreamweaver 8 is a scripting language? WOAH!
nep2ra:

Some people nor dey just try. Na by force to yarn
una no fit look comot eye self? grin
nep2ra:

#falls from spaceship then falls from ground. grin
una no fit look comot eye self? grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by donziko(m): 3:51pm On Jan 27, 2013
grin
ciphoenix: una no fit look comot eye self? ;Duna no fit look comot eye self? grin
grin
ciphoenix: una no fit look comot eye self? ;Duna no fit look comot eye self? grin
hahaha
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 1:02pm On Jan 28, 2013
What a luvly tread! Av downloaded d buk u prescribed (c++ text buk) n i've read it a litu but blv me sincere everythin I read was lyk jagons coz I dont undastand at all,so plz i want u to prescribe a buk wc u ar very familiar wit for me to download so dat anytym i av questn,i cn ask u (am a beginer n i dont know anytin about programmin b4 so am solely dependin on u plz).i wants to start wit c++ and java

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
nep2ra:

#falls from spaceship then falls from ground. grin

You always falling from something, you no dey wound ni?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by hpk(m): 2:30pm On Jan 28, 2013
ositadima1:

You always falling from something, you no dey wound ni?
for him mind, him be superman. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2013
Chiefupper: What a luvly tread! Av downloaded d buk u prescribed (c++ text buk) n i've read it a litu but blv me sincere everythin I read was lyk jagons coz I dont undastand at all,so plz i want u to prescribe a buk wc u ar very familiar wit for me to download so dat anytym i av questn,i cn ask u (am a beginer n i dont know anytin about programmin b4 so am solely dependin on u plz).i wants to start wit c++ and java
Go on.. Ask your questions...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ciphoenix: 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Chiefupper: What a luvly tread! Av downloaded d buk u prescribed (c++ text buk) n i've read it a litu but blv me sincere everythin I read was lyk jagons coz I dont undastand at all,so plz i want u to prescribe a buk wc u ar very familiar wit for me to download so dat anytym i av questn,i cn ask u (am a beginer n i dont know anytin about programmin b4 so am solely dependin on u plz).i wants to start wit c++ and java
sam's teach yourself c++ in 21 days. Good for newbies to get familiar with the language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by johnemone(m): 12:39am On Jan 31, 2013
Hey pls I nid an advice, am in skul 100L 2 be precise. Pls can I start learning programming and pls d language 2 start with as a learner, reputable teaching centres in nigeria. Tanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by sivaramana: 4:10am On Jan 31, 2013
Learn and Practice Java online

I have found a new and useful website recently Which can help to learn [b]java and also for java practicing [/b]as a free user.

www.javalaunch.com

The tutorial is very nice and easy...but the site is in Beta version and under development.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adexsimply(m): 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2013
johnemone: Hey pls I nid an advice, am in skul 100L 2 be precise. Pls can I start learning programming and pls d language 2 start with as a learner, reputable teaching centres in nigeria. Tanks
what ar you waiting for? if with all the posts you havent knwn the program to start with, then visit this blog http://begginersprogramming..com/ if after this you still cant decide..then...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
lordZOUGA:
Go on.. Ask your questions...
plz wc 1 shuld i pick btw c++ and java or cn I learn both at d same time?(i dont know anytin about programming b4 o,plz be ma guildiance)

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2013
Chiefupper: plz wc 1 shuld i pick btw c++ and java or cn I learn both at d same time?(i dont know anytin about programming b4 o,plz be ma guildiance)
please go to the first page of this thread and see which language is suitable for what purpose.
and
provide more information on why you want to learn programming then maybe, I will give you a specific answer.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Phaymostip(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2013
why is nobody talkin abt c#? Am currently learnin c# and am doing just fine understanding it, dou i get lazy atime cos no one inspires me plz i need a guru i link up wit 2 brush me up with ideals 2 improve my learnin curve...then do i really nid 2 learn data structure and algorithms to master c# and other lang..?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2013
Phaymostip: why is nobody talkin abt c#? Am currently learnin c# and am doing just fine understanding it, dou i get lazy atime cos no one inspires me plz i need a guru i link up wit 2 brush me up with ideals 2 improve my learnin curve...then do i really nid 2 learn data structure and algorithms to master c# and other lang..?
yes you do.. if you want to be a first class developer

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2013
lordZOUGA:
please go to the first page of this thread and see which language is suitable for what purpose.
and
provide more information on why you want to learn programming then maybe, I will give you a specific answer.
ok,I wants to learn ao to design luvly games for my fone and software for my system
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2013
Chiefupper: ok,I wants to learn ao to design luvly games for my fone and software for my system
C++ it is then...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by dulaman: 1:02am On Feb 01, 2013
Please it it possible to use only PHYTHON to build a complete site wit all you need add without using any other language? As am told 4 eg facebook is a combination of difrent lang.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adewasco2k(m): 1:20am On Feb 01, 2013
dulaman: Please it it possible to use only PHYTHON to build a complete site wit all you need add without using any other language? As am told 4 eg facebook is a combination of difrent lang.
i think you must use HTML and maybe CSS, then you can apply your python to that
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Phaymostip(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
lordZOUGA:
yes you do.. if you want to be a first class developer

lordzouga how can i link up with u?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2013
Phaymostip:

lordzouga how can i link up with u?
facebook? twitter? whatsapp?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adewasco2k(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2013
lordZOUGA:
Follow me on twitter bro @wasconet

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Phaymostip(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2013
lordZOUGA:
email/number
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2013
Phaymostip:
email/number
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LordRahl001: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
oluwamitomisin:
I found this thread really interesting even before joining Nairaland.
I then started out with learning QBASIC as you suggest but ran into a complication- QBASIC is not running on my WINDOWS 7 PC. Any suggestion on fixing this? I have a tutorial website i am following already, but they seems to be using older versions of WINDOWS.
try and google out qbasic on windows 7. I jt downloaded one today and will try to get it to u if I av d chance. Its jt a small zip file.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by adewasco2k(m): 10:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
@lordZOUGA are you following me already? Twitter{@wasconet}
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by lordZOUGA(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
adewasco2k: @lordZOUGA are you following me already? Twitter{@wasconet}
no, am not
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Chiefupper: 10:05am On Feb 04, 2013
@lordZOUGA & javanian: plz guyz I suggest u do dis tin in form of lecture i.e a forum in wc u wil b analysin tinz we nd to know 1 by 1 startin frm d beginin,by dis we wil b able to undastand it beta n ask question on anytin dat is nt clear bcoz all wot i read so far is just lyk readin newspaper(i dont undastand any practical aspect of both d java n c++) tanx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.