Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? (23307 Views)

Why Do People Find It Awkward When I Dance Traditional Music / The Black Man: Unchained Libido And Its Wake Of Destruction. / The Black Man: Unchained Lust And Its Wake Of Distruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by coogar: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
PhysicsQED: Thief of Hearts,

I hope you don't act this unpleasantly in real life.

You perpetuate the stereotype about unnecessarily aggressive women with "attitude" problems that guys complain about. You probably think your conduct on this thread is somehow normal, but I have to tell you honestly that behaving like this is absolutely not normal. Try and work on your attitude issues and learn to comport yourself like an actual human being in the future. This thread was opened as a discussion meant for human beings, not wild animals.

Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Plarp: 4:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
The racial pride test: Do you feel like your race of women becomes damaged goods or less desirable after extensive romantic contact with men of another race, would you be upset if your sister entered into such a relationship?

If you answered yes, you have true racial pride and your male instincts have not been repressed by an inferiority complex.

If you answered no, you are still a nigger cheesy
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Plarp: 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2013
The vaaaaaaast majority of black men would answer no.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Damaged goods damaged by a reptilian... grin
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2013
When you agree to watch a Tarantino movie, you know exactly whata you are getiing into...Spike Lee should keep quiet, no disrespect here
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by tpia5: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2013
Since there's no mention of the first film, ie the previous one, i take it nobody here has watched it.

And btw i didnt watch mandingo but it seems much of the material being mentioned here, might have been present in that movie.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Plarp: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
^i think physics made a reference to it earlier
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
Just watch the gat damn nigger movie shocked grin .. it was a blast.. grin grin still laughing over some scenes. I did not figure django for a nigger. Franco Nero was the 1st Django and even that was a blast back when i was a kid... Spike Lee is just angry cos he is always making Afro-American Movies where the Black Man is presented against the popular "Blackman Stereotype" which is based on growing, STRONG evidence. Educated, Well-spoken, Financially Stable and Sophisticated and most important, non-violent.. now is that a picture of majority of Niggerz!? grin grin
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: Just watch the gat damn nigger movie shocked grin .. it was a blast.. grin grin still laughing over some scenes. I did not figure django for a nigger. Franco Nero was the 1st Django and even that was a blast back when i was a kid... Spike Lee is just angry cos he is always making Afro-American Movies where the Black Man is presented against the popular "Blackman Stereotype" which is based on growing, STRONG evidence. Educated, Well-spoken, Financially Stable and Sophisticated and most important, non-violent.. now is that a picture of majority of Niggerz!? grin grin

Spike lee is an irrelevant douchebag. He was sensible some years back though. The African Americans need better role models. Obama cant be everything. New role models who are articulate and not Uncle Toms

Django unchained is a great movie. I am black and I felt that it showed how slavery was evil and how one man defied it to save his wife 9with the help of a white man who was agianst slavery grin)
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by coogar: 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
tpia@:
Since there's no mention of the first film, ie the previous one, i take it nobody here has watched it.

And btw i didnt watch mandingo but it seems much of the material being mentioned here, might have been present in that movie.

i saw the first django(franco nero) - a drifter of a cowboy who drags a wooden casket. i was too young to understand what he was about but i remember there were klu klux klan group in the movie and a huge machine gun in the casket. tarantino has added a spin to the tale.........
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
Physics or whatever..why are you dedicating two posts to me? Ive not read any of them. Maybe to increase your "like" counts. who knows. Aint that serious dude that you would direct unnecessary epistle my way. I hope there's more to your life than writing dissertations to "Thief Of Hearts" grin

Plarp: The racial pride test: Do you feel like your race of women becomes damaged goods or less desirable after extensive romantic contact with men of another race, would you be upset if your sister entered into such a relationship?

Ironically enough, UK is filled with Naija men walking around with blonde English elephants

what's your response to them cheesy
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03:
Django unchained is a great movie. I am black and I felt that it showed how slavery was evil and how one man defied it to save his wife 9with the help of a white man who was agianst slavery grin)

Without the German freeing him, it would have never happen..so to be honest Django wasnt really a hero. Yes or No?
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Akiika: 9:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
PhysicsQED:

Nigger has other meanings and connotations that are acknowledged in even the most basic dictionaries, such as meanings associated with a lowly and inferior status. Words evolve over time.

And no, there is nothing to suggest that Arabs, Indians, and 'mongols' are more racist than whites, even if some or all of them are as racist. You have done no studies and have no evidence regarding the degree of racial hostility and hatred among entire racial or cultural groups toward different racial groups so let's not pretend that you have.

I have to comment on this stuff about "blacks are more racist" especially when you go as far as to claim whites would somehow be extinct if the situation was reversed in America. That's just a bizarre claim. What historical evidence is there of significant discrimination against other races from blacks? Anything you can find would be minor and limited to some obscure occurrence in one brief period of the history of only one black group, at most. Black people anywhere have never historically made a big deal about race prior to interacting with whites. I don't know why some people are so caught up in self-loathing that they can make claims about blacks being more racist. The only black groups where you even find any significant amount of racists - and even then, the overall numbers and the degree of their hatred and racism is actually rather limited - are those black groups that have been exposed to racism (against them, from whites or other groups) to a very significant degree.

There is no Nigerian equivalent of the various racist skinhead groups in parts of Europe, no Nigerian or African political party that really holds positions like those of far right political groups in Europe or the U.S., no majorly black website which is the real equivalent of chimpout or stormfront, and there is not hateful or bigoted racial literature from black racist writers which even begins to rival the worst produced by white racists in terms of volume and severity. I don't know what group is "most racist" in the world, but what I do know is that there is nothing I've seen to suggest that black people are more racist than other groups.

And Spike Lee is not a dumbass. He is a bit obnoxious but the man is certainly talented as a director and his resume definitely speaks to that. Watch Malcolm X, Clockers, He Got Game, Crooklyn, 25th Hour, Inside Man, and Do the Right Thing. Being obnoxious does not somehow negate a person's artistic ability.

Samuel L. Jackson has criticized Spike Lee in the past and I don't know whether the two get along even though Jackson has worked with Lee before on one of his movies, but I think that since Lee has a pre-existing grudge against Tarantino, he would go after the person that really annoys him and the guy that he sees as the brains behind it all or just go after the film in its entirety, rather than the individual actors. Not to say that I agree with his dislike of Tarantino - I actually don't - but there's really just not as much motivation for him to go after the actors.

I must admit, you seem to be the first intelligent person that argues with points (devoid of cursing or name calling) on NL even though i disagree with your view. Others should take a cue from this, you don't have to resort to name calling to make your point.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Without the German freeing him, it would have never happen..so to be honest Django wasnt really a hero. Yes or No?

Wow, captain obvious is here smiley

Did I not mention with the help of a white man?

Even Jesus needed a forerunner. Django is still a hero
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Blyss: 12:17am On Jan 12, 2013
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2013
crap

the 1966 django vids on the net are almost all italian dub! angry
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:10am On Jan 12, 2013
ThiefOfHearts: Physics or whatever..why are you dedicating two posts to me? Ive not read any of them. Maybe to increase your "like" counts. who knows. Aint that serious dude that you would direct unnecessary epistle my way. I hope there's more to your life than writing dissertations to "Thief Of Hearts" grin

lol @ this. The second post was really just an afterthought. I decided you could do with some advice on your attitude problem, so I gave you some.

I find it funny that you came in here to angrily whine and moan, singling me out for criticism while in your confused, probably weed-induced haze, but still have the nerve to talk about who is making better use of their life. grin Aren't you the one who came to the thread I opened to address me? Don't you have anything better to do with your life than whining on the internet, and looking for opportunities to whine, even when they're not there?

3 Likes

Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:44am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:
Spike lee is an irrelevant douchebag. He was sensible some years back though. The African Americans need better role models. Obama cant be everything. New role models who are articulate and not Uncle Toms

Elaborate, please (on Spike Lee).
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Plarp: 1:58am On Jan 12, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Ironically enough, UK is filled with Naija men walking around with blonde English elephants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhE88Tp4I6U
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Plarp: 2:18am On Jan 12, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

Typical negro who feels he must degrade black women. Where was it ever said that she was passed around among movie directors? John Mayer is a singer, what the hell does that have to do with movie directors, she dated Mayer and he was implying that when it comes to sex she's very blaise, so what?

Black men cannot have pride in black women in general and still respect the blk women who choose to LovePeddler themselves for other races of men. Its one or the other, you cant have it both ways.

The more black men truely value black women the more they will hate the ghetto-gagger types like Kerry Washington... thats just the way it works.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 12, 2013
PhysicsQED:

Elaborate, please (on Spike Lee).

Spike Lee has championed the cause for blacks to be better in the USA

During a lecture at Concordia University in Montreal, Canada on February 11, 2009,[26] Lee criticized how some in the black community wrongfully associate "intelligence with acting white, and ignorance with acting black", admonishing students and parents to maintain more positive attitudes in order to follow their dreams and achieve their goals

However, he has made many foolish errors by caliming that there was no black soldier in a WW2 movie which had 2 scenes with black soldiers.

Also, he also put the address of a suspect in the killing of a black kid, thereby causing panic to the family of the suspect for fear of vigilante justice.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 12, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:

The folks with "blonde English elephants" are in the minority, stop making ish up...

Most naija guys in the UK go out with black women...
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 3:04am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Don't you think putting the legendary Spike Lee and Uncle Tom in the same paragraph is oxymoronic?? The man is everything but an Uncle Tom!! This atheism crap has messed up brain cells so bad that you have become a walking oxymoron!!

Give up, fam!!

1 Like

Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 12, 2013
shymexx:

Don't you think putting the legendary Spike Lee and Uncle Tom in the same paragraph is oxymoronic?? The man is everything but an Uncle Tom!! This atheism crap has messed up brain cells so bad that you have become a walking oxymoron!!

Give up, fam!!

Did I call spike lee an uncle tom? Spike lee is a douchebag but not an uncle tom
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Plarp: 3:29am On Jan 12, 2013
shymexx:

The folks with "blonde English elephants" are in the minority, stop making ish up...

Even if it was 49% it would still be a minority.

That doesnt mean its not an issue
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhE88Tp4I6U

The guy on the video is insane for sure!
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:46am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wow, captain obvious is here smiley

Did I not mention with the help of a white man?

Even Jesus needed a forerunner. Django is still a hero

who was Jesus' forerunner?
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:51am On Jan 12, 2013
shymexx:

I have no reason to make anything up as Im not British however those who live there have no reason to lie to me. Plus there are stats backing it up. You'd be more likely to find black-black coupling in the US compared to London. Majority of the men are with women of other races, I actually know 3 naija dudes with kids with white English women

My pally is not red,. Im just passing along the message and asking YOU a questikon, what are your thoughts on them?> simple question.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:52am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:
Also, he also put the address of a suspect in the killing of a black kid, thereby causing panic to the family of the suspect for fear of vigilante justice.

and what is wrong with this? This wasnt a mistake. It was honorable.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:58am On Jan 12, 2013
Plarp: Black men cannot have pride in black women in general and still respect the blk women who choose to LovePeddler themselves for other races of men. Its one or the other, you cant have it both ways.

The more black men truely value black women the more they will hate the ghetto-gagger types like Kerry Washington... thats just the way it works.

since when is dating "love peddling"? anyway your comment make no sense to me but thanks anyway.
Re: Django Unchained = Inappropriate And Awkward? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 12, 2013
ThiefOfHearts:
I have no reason to make anything up as Im not British however those who live there have no reason to lie to me. Plus there are stats backing it up. You'd be more likely to find black-black coupling in the US compared to London. Majority of the men are with women of other races, I actually know 3 naija dudes with kids with white English women

My pally is not red,. Im just passing along the message and asking YOU a questikon, what are your thoughts on them?> simple question.

You're feisty!! How come all naija chics are like that?? Perhaps, you lot are the ones driving those few naija guys to these blonde English elephants...

Anyway, I'm from the UK and most naija guys marry either naija chics, or other African/Caribbean chics... The few ones with white chics mostly live outside London and they do it to legalise their stay here... However, most of them still go back to naija women... For every naija guy with a white woman - there are 1000 naija men with black women... There might be more naija women with white men in the UK, to be honest - but definitely not the men!

Even Caribbeans who breed a lot of mixed race kids still marry mostly Caribbean women...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Undergoes Spiritual Cleansing In A River To Become A Chief In Bayelsa.Photos / Eze Ndigbo Title Remains Banned – Deji Of Akure / Opinion: Personalities Of An HAUSA/IGBO/YORUBA Man(the Good And Bad Sides)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.