Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break (9724 Views)

10 Ways Guys Try And Break You Down So That They Can Sleep With You.. / 6 Common Sense Principles For Singles / Pick-up lines. And Break-up Lines. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by Emmy9ite(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2013
Nice write up op.

My new year resolution is.......

Never to make a new year resolution!
Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by Smartjeezy(m): 11:39am On Jan 01, 2013
Last night i made a vow to my God not to have any pre-marital sex to anyone and i just did it now...
Forgive me lord!
Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by segunsd: 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Smart jeezy: Last night i made a vow to my God not to have any pre-marital sex to anyone and i just did it now...
Forgive me lord!

It is well. Always remember that you have what it takes to overcome temptations. It is not the end of the road brother. Keep trying. Start afresh.
Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by segunsd: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Emmy9ite: Nice write up op.

My new year resolution is.......

Never to make a new year resolution!

Thanks. Even when you have resolved not make a resolution because you have nothing to resolve, do not make the mistake of not planning what you want to accomplish this year. Write down your goals plain upon paper and set it before you to serve as a roadmap. Planning is vital. Resolutions are good. What people need is a mental shift. You can resolve to be better at anytime. Everyday is a new year for someone.

1 Like

Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by StepG: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2013
segunsd: It is not uncommon to find people resolving to do a lot of things that they don’t usually do in the new year. However, most people break resolutions as fast as they make them. When you ask them, they’ll say “men it’s not easy”. We’ve all been on that road before or similar roads. NaijaPOSE digs deep into common new year resolutions that people make and break and how to avoid breaking such resolutions in 2013.

1. I will not have pre-marital sex this new year
Many sexually-active youths find themselves in a constant toggle between having pre-marital sex and not. They successfully go on three months of sex-sabbatical leave. After that they give up. They nurse suppressed lust and suddenly feel like they need sex, just one more to be mentally alright. They break it and feel guilty and continue breaking to break it for the rest of the year. What happens next, they (the males especially) start to count… 1, 2, 3, 7. Wow!.

Solution: Avoid things that lead you to temptation. Avoid being in enclosed places with people who turn you on. Your hormones will rage but channel your thoughts elsewhere. Distract yourself intentionally when you feel like having sex. Olakunle Soriyan says that “there’s no such thing as a weakness”. What is weak is your mind.

2. I will not smoke or drink this new year
My friends, old habits die hard. The distance between 2012 and 2013 is one second. You were a chain smoker one second and you were hoping to be none in the next second (new year). Well it is very possible. However, it is usually unrealistic. Habits like smoking and drinking hardly leave without a fight.

Solution: As with the pre-marital sex issue, avoid people who make you smoke and take the drinks that you don’t want. It’s hard resisting offers from people you are used to hanging out with. When you feel the urge to do so, step it down. Take a lollipop as opposed to a cigarette. Take a soft drink or fruit juice as opposed to an alcoholic drink. You may also drink water. You need all the determination you can get.

3. I will read more, get more knowledge in the new year
Well as the saying goes, if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail. Many times, we say this like this year I will get my masters degree. I will read more. I will study harder. I will read more book. I will get higher grades. I will read more this and that. The year crawls by and you haven’t even added to your knowledge-database. In fact, you are forgetting the things that you learnt last year. This is no good at all (as Jet Li will say).

Solution: What happened was that you allowed yourself to forget the things that you had decided to do. You did not schedule a time or create a reading timetable. You did not request for a transcript talk-less of registering for a Master’s program. In long and short, you did not prepare. You did not insert any of these things you purposed to do into your schedule. Who is to blame? Your boss? Your lecturers? You friends? No. You are to blame. Sort yourself out. Create a schedule. Plan.

4. I will make more money in the new year (Buy car, Build Houses)
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. There’s a difference between a resolution and wishful thinking. To say you will have money in the new year is wishful thinking. There’s a difference between faith and wishful thinking although they run along the same sphere. A lot of people say stuff like “I will buy a range rover jeep in the new year” without having money to get a BMX Bicycle. Well this is not a resolution. The word resolution comes from the word resolve. To resolve means that you have made a mistake and you are giving yourself a chance to re-attempt and correct those mistakes.

Solution: Plan yourself. Calculate how much will be required to buy the car you need. Calculate how much money you want to have in your bank account by the end of the new year. Afterwards, calculate the number of working hours you need to achieve that. Divide the amount of money you need by the amount of time you have. Then find out how much you need to generate every hour to achieve this. How can you find the job or business idea that can generate that amount per hour. Nothing is impossible if you have a strategy.

5. I will get married in the new year
Every year an old unmarried man and a young, single woman resolve to get married. The year trails and then the probability of meeting Mr. or Mrs. Right, talk-less of getting married looks bleak. Very bleak. It is easy to imagine this when you begin to notice the folds around your belly and little bags below your eyes. You are ageing. Yeah. It dawns on you. Your friends drive to your house with their kids and you remember “I need to get married quickly”. However, this does not occur sometimes due to circumstances.

Solution: Don’t give up. If you’ve got a fiancée, then this would be based on your mutual agreements. If you are still single (without a spouse) put on the wife-material undergarment or carry the husband-materials (you know them) with you. (That is entirely another full-length article). Make friends. Be lively. Open your heart. Believe love exists. Not all men or women are bad. Develop a flexible mind. Be less self-centred. Be prayerful. Be financially prepared. Be mentally matured for the ups and downs associated with marriage. You must be ready.

6. I will shed some weight, Eat less in the new year
This is very similar to sex. A lot of people especially those that are overweight or a little above what they will like to weigh say this. Many of these people are addicted to chocolates and lots of other junks that are high in calories. They try but they keep failing.

Solution: Well not so bad. What you require is discipline. Questions you need to ask yourself when you are tempted to down a whole pack of Maltesers; What will it benefit me? Would I die if I don’t eat this now? Is there a more healthy option? You should ask yourself critical questions and decide to stay disciplined. If you’re upset about being too fat or being overweight, then you can explore natural weight-shedding exercises such as the Dukan Diet. The Dukan Diet works, you can google it.

The six most common new year resolutions that are easily broken are centred around sex, bad habits, wealth, materials and attitude. Attitude can be found in everything. It is important to develop a positive mental attitude in order to set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound) goals.
What have I left out? I would like to hear from you.

Source: http://naijapose.com/6-common-new-year-resolutions-that-people-make-and-break/
Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by kpozite(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
DonHummer: i no go drink garri again...ee no good 4 eye...

After 2months

Omo if garri no kill you...hunger go kill you..
LAMO
Re: 6 Common New Year Resolutions That People Make And Break by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 02, 2013
kpozite:
LAMO
what's LAMO? Laughing ârse my off/out?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post Your Picture Let See Who Is The Most Beautiful. / You Won't Believe The Rubbish Statement My Friend Boyfriend Made Over Sex / Sex Doll: A Man Disfigured His Doll After Going 10 Rounds With Tramaldol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.