Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention (4587 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / 3rd Of June Is The Yoruba New Year / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MajeOfficial: 1:30am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new years! I have called this round table for the igbos and the yoruba of Nairaland to finally be at peace! grin

[img]http://oshlookman.files./2011/05/discussants-and-participants-at-luaaag-roundtable5.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

all honorable delegates are allowed to speak on how we can shut tribalists up and move forward discussing real development and real issues instead of Awolowo and Biafra!

the mic is on, speak up.

Let's also start with sharing what we love about the opposite tribe!
Yoruba people, i think your women are beautiful and your culture and history is very rich! Nigeria has the best tribes in africa! hands down

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by PaulJohn1: 1:44am On Jan 01, 2013
Hope it turns out well.

I doubt it, it's in their blood grin even the OP tongue
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MajeOfficial: 1:52am On Jan 01, 2013
I'm not a tribalist o!
I don't like Awolowo but it ends there. I'm more yoruba than most yoruba people lol
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by felifeli: 1:59am On Jan 01, 2013
]Happy new years! I have called this round table for the igbos and the yoruba of Nairaland to finally be at peace! grin

[img:

http://oshlookman.files./2011/05/discussants-and-participants-at-luaaag-roundtable5.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

all honorable delegates are allowed to speak on how we can shut tribalists up and move forward discussing real development and real issues instead of Awolowo and Biafra!

the mic is on, speak up.

Let's also start with sharing what we love about the opposite tribe!
Yoruba people, i think your women are beautiful and your culture and history is very rich! Nigeria has the best tribes in africa! hands down

See this foolish Igbo man . Na ogogoro you drink enter new year. Shame

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by MajeOfficial: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2013
someone that can't properly quote a post is calling me foolish lol
I love you the same as my bible tells me to! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by seunfly: 2:06am On Jan 01, 2013
This is good and i hope it yield good fruit, cos we ve turned nairaland to tribaland but i know we can undo it. All my friends are ibos, infact am planning to marry one beautiful ibo girl. We have to watch our words cos our young ones are learning from us. To everybody on nairaland i say happy new year.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by oderemo(m): 2:08am On Jan 01, 2013
ON ABURI WE STAND.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Odutodaiwa: 2:31am On Jan 01, 2013
Being Yoruba, I declare that all Igbos who are not tribalist will prosper in all their undertakings. All Igbos who are not tribalist will recover all their lost possessions in the year 2013. They will go from strength to strenght. They will never know a better yesterday in this new year. At the end of 2013, all Igbos who keep to the covenant of not speaking evil of other tribes in Nigeria will look back and say it has indeed being God.

Members of other tribes who refuse to engage in tribalism too will prosper in 2013. The joy of heaven will be their portion and all the prayers directed at the igbos shall be their portion too.

Check out the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/1147665/d-first-yoruba-man-say

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by seunfly: 2:36am On Jan 01, 2013
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by EkoAtlantic1(f): 2:38am On Jan 01, 2013
Love you all kiss

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by dayokanu(m): 2:56am On Jan 01, 2013
I love you all.

Yoruba or Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 01, 2013
It's just simple to solve. Igbos should stop lying on Awolowo and also stop hating every time there is news about developments in Yoruba land. simple!!

I think that's what Yorubas on the forum wants (I may be wrong). I can't say what the Igbos want.

I love you all Nigerians!!!!! We shall overcome The Okonjos, OBJs, GEJs, Segun Agangas!!

This year, it will be prosperity for Nigeria and Nigerians as we sweep out the corrupt and send them to the pits of hell where they came from.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ikengawo: 3:44am On Jan 01, 2013
The igbos want the yorubas to stop hating anything a igbo name is mentioned anywhere, stop deliberately making threads to insult igbos, stop celebrating when news of igbo people being killed comes out, and stop hating on the developments in igbo land

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by EkoIle1: 4:17am On Jan 01, 2013
Ikengawo: The igbos want the yorubas to stop hating anything a igbo name is mentioned anywhere, stop deliberately making threads to insult igbos, stop celebrating when news of igbo people being killed comes out, and stop hating on the developments in igbo land

Is it possible to hate on what doesn't exist?

Look up and down the front page and show us one development in igboland posted by and igbo person on NL. The point is, the Yoruba folks on NL post developments in their region and obviously they display pride and joy rightfully, but your people quickly show up to either belittle the topic or come up with some other kind of nonsense.

These are your tribal threads..

Yoruba God Osun A LovePeddler
by Ikengawo. 106 posts & 652 views. 3:07am On Dec 30, 2012 (tpia@)
Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Nairaland's Anti-igbo Crusading (1) (2)
by Ikengawo. 79 posts & 394 views. 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2012 (St_Black)
Politics / Igbomina’s In Kwara And Osun Demand A Separate State
by Ikengawo. 3 posts & 83 views. 8:50am On Dec 29, 2012 (donroxy)
Politics / Was Odua An Osu?
by Ikengawo. 7 posts & 149 views. 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2012 (advocate666)
Politics / ACN Is Ready To Sell Nigeria To The Highest Bidder For Power
by Ikengawo. 10 posts & 144 views. 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2012 (gbanikiti)

If peace is what you are looking for, you first need to repent, cleanse yourself out and be honest with yourself...

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ikengawo: 4:43am On Jan 01, 2013
LOL im not denying my tribalist posts. Most of them are hilarious. I think both sides need to relax though because i only make my own threads in response to something from the yoruba side and usually if moderators move anti igbo threads to the front page with 1 or 2 replies.

We're happy yoruba land is developing, but to say igbo land isn't developing is your own undoing. Rivers and Enugu have done everything Lagos as done and more, Education is free in Imo state, the health care program is sharp rural road development is moving at a breakneck pace. Rivers has already declared that it will be energy self sufficient if they decentralize the grid. cars, motorcycles, computers and other industries are being made in the east by easterners. Other places in the east like Uyo are outpacing the rest of the nation. but we're happy to see Nigeria moving forward period.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Ikengawo: 4:48am On Jan 01, 2013
There will be no forward movement if we keep pointing fingers backwards. You too have made tribalist posts. Anyone that says i haven't made tribalist posts must be free of such posts in their own history. That's the point that, it's history if you're willing to allow it to be history.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by confusion247(m): 5:32am On Jan 01, 2013
We all should stop deceiving ourselves. The only thing that can bring peace and progress is for every tribe in Nigeria to honor aburi accord. The earlier the better. I am so happy that few weeks last year, yoruba elders and leaders came together and called for true federalism and confederation, they also supported state police. The same thing in aburi accord. We Nigerians are not one and can never be. All effort to call for truce is an effort to call for war because of ethnic hatred and religious divide. On Aburi We Stand....We Shall Never Compromise..GOD Give peace in our Time.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by confusion247(m): 5:39am On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is it possible to hate on what doesn't exist?

Look up and down the front page and show us one development in igboland posted by and igbo person on NL. The point is, the Yoruba folks on NL post developments in their region and obviously they display pride and joy rightfully, but your people quickly show up to either belittle the topic or come up with some other kind of nonsense.

These are your tribal threads..

Yoruba God Osun A LovePeddler
by Ikengawo. 106 posts & 652 views. 3:07am On Dec 30, 2012 (tpia@)
Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Nairaland's Anti-igbo Crusading (1) (2)
by Ikengawo. 79 posts & 394 views. 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2012 (St_Black)
Politics / Igbomina’s In Kwara And Osun Demand A Separate State
by Ikengawo. 3 posts & 83 views. 8:50am On Dec 29, 2012 (donroxy)
Politics / Was Odua An Osu?
by Ikengawo. 7 posts & 149 views. 2:41pm On Dec 28, 2012 (advocate666)
Politics / ACN Is Ready To Sell Nigeria To The Highest Bidder For Power
by Ikengawo. 10 posts & 144 views. 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2012 (gbanikiti)

If peace is what you are looking for, you first need to repent, cleanse yourself out and be honest with yourself...
Since we can't live in peace, why can't we go our separate ways? IGBO land is not developing according to you but whenever you hear biafra you will start to panic and shout fake one Nigeria. Allow the igbos to have their biafra which is not developed and is not developing....ejoor o
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by EkoIle1: 5:48am On Jan 01, 2013
confusion247:
Since we can't live in peace, why can't we go our separate ways? IGBO land is not developing according to you but whenever you hear biafra you will start to panic and shout fake one Nigeria. Allow the igbos to have their biafra which is not developed and is not developing....ejoor o

Who is holding you?
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by confusion247(m): 5:53am On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

Who is holding you?
I think late Awolowo is the right person to answer that. Or you can also ask Gowon. Stop living in delusion.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by EkoIle1: 5:58am On Jan 01, 2013
confusion247:
I think late Awolowo is the right person to answer that. Or you can also ask Gowon. Stop living in delusion.

Didn't know your are a joker. I have no time to waste on this foolery, carry on.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 01, 2013
Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Igbo, Fulani, Esan, Efik, Urhobo, Isoko... all Nigerians, Happy New Year smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by confusion247(m): 6:37am On Jan 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

Didn't know your are a joker. I have no time to waste on this foolery, carry on.
Continue to live in delusion.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by OAM4J: 7:00am On Jan 01, 2013
Happy new year to all.
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 01, 2013
It's sad that a thread like this even exists, 'one love' any who
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by sizzlers(m): 7:04am On Jan 01, 2013
There's solution to our problem and that solution is the church and eucharist. Take it or leave it
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 01, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!...HUGS...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 01, 2013
i want ignore some stupid off topic posts above. i am a proud igbo, sincerely i love yoruba more than any other tribe in nigeria.i did my nysc in ondo state and almost married an ondo girl just that we lost contact after my nysc.till now i identify with yoruba peop le anywhere i see them. can one believe that i can speak yoruba fluently and i leanrnt it here in igboland before i went ondo for nysc. we can live in peace if we wish to , for we have better understanding of ourselves than those other poeple who live in the area where boko operate .
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 01, 2013
For me i never Knew IGBOS and YORUBAS could engage in such Acrimony till i joined Nld mid this year. Here in Sokoto where i reside more often than not Igbos and Yorubas team up against Hausas whenever the need arises. My best friend here is a yoruba guy from Kwara(Sunday Adejumo). I just hope the tribal bigots dont carry this attitude into the new Year. Peace be unto all

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by EkoAtlantic1(f): 7:32am On Jan 01, 2013
INNO18: For me i never Knew IGBOS and YORUBAS could engage in such Acrimony till i joined Nld mid this year. Here in Sokoto where i reside more often than not Igbos and Yorubas team up against Hausas whenever the need arises. My best friend here is a yoruba guy from Kwara(Sunday Adejumo). I just hope the tribal bigots dont carry this attitude into the new Year. Peace be unto all

Same here.
How can it be stopped

Secret(my best friend has been an igbo dude for the past three years- Tobechukwu Diri from Imo state) wink
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 01, 2013
INNO18: For me i never Knew IGBOS and YORUBAS could engage in such Acrimony till i joined Nld mid this year. Here in Sokoto where i reside more often than not Igbos and Yorubas team up against Hausas whenever the need arises. My best friend here is a yoruba guy from Kwara(Sunday Adejumo). I just hope the tribal bigots dont carry this attitude into the new Year. Peace be unto all

Well said. I love your profile picture smiley
Re: Nairaland Igbo And Yoruba New Years Peace Convention by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 01, 2013
let our igbo brothers stop all these threads where they insinuate or imply or state outright that they are the best thing since sliced bread

enough of this tribal superiority chest beating

please no more of this black jew, igbos own 90% of lagos, igbos are highest jamb scorers threads.

no more of these biafra threads that alternate between genocide today and igbo military prowess tomorrow

that there is the genesis of nl ewars

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians, Please Slow Down On Copying Foreign Things / Total War As Tinubu Declares An End To Melaye’s Political Journey (photos) / We Are Ready For War, If Buhari Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.